PDA

View Full Version : what the fuck

Little_Miss_1565
03-10-2006, 11:15 PM
My friend came over. Haven't spent time with him in awhile. We used to be 'special friends,' but no longer. we had dinner, played scrabble with one of my hallmates, drank some wine, went to sleep. Like 40 mins. later he announces he's going hom because he "can't sleep" and has a lot to do, such as practice for his show tomorrow night. Valid excuse, so why do I feel the overwhelming desire to die right now?

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-10-2006, 11:19 PM
I can relate. It's always hard seeing old friends and realising that you're not the close friends you once were. Sitting and talking and realising you have nothing in common anymore except "the good old days". I feel for you, I really do.

WebDudette
03-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Yeah, It's a terrible feeling.

Nicole
03-10-2006, 11:30 PM
It sounds like there may be a little more to it, but I've been learning recently that people are a lot weirder than I originally thought and sometimes there aren't eplanations. Chemistry issues?

wheelchairman
03-10-2006, 11:35 PM
That's how it goes sometimes. You shouldn't feel bad or used simply because of the way he acts. You did what you could.

sKratch
03-11-2006, 12:03 AM
The obvious solution is coming to my place.

Sin Studly
03-11-2006, 03:18 AM
He expected some ass, you stupid bitch!

the_GoDdEsS
03-11-2006, 04:17 AM
Friendships are overrated. And full of expectations. People change.

UgLy_eLf
03-11-2006, 05:50 AM
Same situation here, I dont read too much into it we're both seeing other "special friends." Miss him though...

JoY
03-11-2006, 05:56 AM
my reply to this would be a combination of Nicky's & Sim's.

I don't know if this helps, or if I can fully relate to the example (seeing I'm not sure what both of you wanted/expected), but I've always had weird friendly relationships with guys. in the end either one of the two would expect the other to fall in love with him/her, or shag his/her brain out. *scratches head* I don't usually fall in love with my male friends. it's always so.. messy. I did shag a few, but that always ended up being about just as messy, or even messier.

endlesst0m
03-11-2006, 07:44 AM
My friend came over. Haven't spent time with him in awhile. We used to be 'special friends,' but no longer. we had dinner, played scrabble with one of my hallmates, drank some wine, went to sleep. Like 40 mins. later he announces he's going hom because he "can't sleep" and has a lot to do, such as practice for his show tomorrow night. Valid excuse, so why do I feel the overwhelming desire to die right now?

Do you really think it's a valid excuse? If you really thought it was, I don't see what the problem could be...

Nina
03-11-2006, 08:00 AM
I guess it's the feeling that you suddenly arent as important anymore? Maybe his behaviour made you feel like you as a person are less important than his show/whatever. Maybe you expected him to make you feel special, like it used to be (if I understood correctly).
If it is any of this, then I can perfectly relate to the situation, and give one suggestion: Unless this is the exception of all exceptions and you usually dont ever feel like this, you should try to value yourself as a person a lot more. I am not saying you have low self-esteem (you probably dont), but it's sometimes the little things that can put you down. Try to work on avoiding it. Tell yourself that you dont really need that special friend to be so special anymore. Maybe a friendship that is not as deep as how it was is also enough. You'll find other cool friends, etc.