PDA

View Full Version : Would they have made it??

Slipdog2
03-11-2006, 05:39 AM
This is simply a matter of opinion so nobody please go flying off the deep end with how stupid I am. Do you think that if things hadn't changed in the offspring that they would be as popular today? Say the orginal drummer had stayed with the band and Ron never joined and that they never changed their name to "The Offspring" and that after Smash they decided to stay with Epitaph instead of jump to Columbia?

I know anybody who follows them closely knows the reasons behind the changes but rememeber this is simply a matter of everybodies opinion here, if these things never happened would they be as popular as they are now?

Emily_offspring_fan
03-11-2006, 05:42 AM
My opinion is that they hadn't been as popular as they are now, if they had stayed in Epitaph.

Total_immortal
03-11-2006, 06:55 AM
remember that smash was released under epitaph and sold like.... a lot of albums xD

Hypodermic_89
03-11-2006, 06:59 AM
I don't give a flying fuck, actually.

_JJB
03-11-2006, 07:13 AM
They are famous from Smash and Americana reason.

Call it an Obsession
03-11-2006, 07:40 AM
I don't give a flying fuck, actually.
haha straight and to the point

alistair13
03-11-2006, 07:46 AM
remember that smash was released under epitaph and sold like.... a lot of albums xD

a few bands on epitaph have found mild success off of one or two albums, and now nobody really knows about them (like pennywise). although smash was on a much higher level, their fame probably would have died just the same.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-11-2006, 07:56 AM
Wouldnt care if they are famous or not. Id still buy the cds.

Camilamazed
03-11-2006, 12:26 PM
I believe that they weren't that famous because there were a few resources to get to know new stuff. I used to take long for people to know about new songs. With the MTV and Internet things started getting better not for only the Offspring but for other bands as well. If it weren't for MTV I would have never known about Offspring.

The thing with name and members is pure shit.

Amiralanal
03-11-2006, 04:10 PM
if they hadnt released on a major label, their music would have never reached me.

nameless
03-11-2006, 06:45 PM
i dont think they would be where the yare today if they still had james instead of ron joining, accoreding to rumours he wasnt very reliable!

Little_Miss_1565
03-11-2006, 07:26 PM
I don't think Ron's leaving had any impact on their popularity.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Wouldnt care if they are famous or not. Id still buy the cds.

But you may have never heard of them.

Ninty Man
03-11-2006, 08:09 PM
I don't think Ron's leaving had any impact on their popularity.

Yeah, Ron Sucked :eek:

Little_Miss_1565
03-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Yeah, Ron Sucked :eek:

that's not what i said. if he sucked, the band probably wouldn't have become popular in the first place.

Ninty Man
03-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Too bad that had nothing to do with anything I said.

Eh... SPAM???

What do you mean??? You talked about the impact in the Offspring by Ron's leaving... and I say RON SUCKED...

Kitten
03-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Eh... SPAM???

What do you mean??? You talked about the impact in the Offspring by Ron's leaving... and I say RON SUCKED...

That is only your opinion. We do not need another Ron left argument, he left 3 years ago (or was it more).
As for popularity, if they hadn't signed to a major label and released Americana, this BBS would be dismally empty.

malumboman
03-11-2006, 10:13 PM
Wow, that's really sad. Smash DID sell 9 million copies before they left Epitaph. Come Out and Play and Self Esteem had and still have heavy airtime on the radio. Maybe they wouldn't be so big internationally, but they would still be huge for a punk group in the States. And the thing about Pennywise is pretty ridiculous. Stop watching Mtv and start going to shows.

.:SMASH:.
03-12-2006, 12:04 AM
well i really wouldnt care, just as long they would be making albums i'd be happy

Llamas
03-12-2006, 01:19 AM
Wow, that's really sad. Smash DID sell 9 million copies before they left Epitaph. Come Out and Play and Self Esteem had and still have heavy airtime on the radio. Maybe they wouldn't be so big internationally, but they would still be huge for a punk group in the States. And the thing about Pennywise is pretty ridiculous. Stop watching Mtv and start going to shows.

I agree fully. I don't know what would be better, cause if they hadn't done "americana", I might not have ever gotten into them, due to my previous taste in music. (I liked shitty pop music, pretty fly and wdygaj got me into the offspring -> good music), but maybe I would've found green day instead, and green day would've gotten me into the offspring, haha who knows? In the end, the band would've still been very very sucessful, just not rollin' like they are now :P

Rutegard
03-12-2006, 02:34 AM
of course they would

Ninty Man
03-12-2006, 08:23 PM
of course they would

No, they wouldn't

I think that they made a great decition.. or decision??? is that right written?