03-11-2006, 07:42 AM
OMFG! Noodles playing with No Doubt?! :eek:

sweet!

Teemu
03-11-2006, 07:46 AM
very nice :D :D

offspring fan
03-11-2006, 07:47 AM
i hate no doubt...... but im gonna watch it.....

Teemu
03-11-2006, 07:55 AM
if you watch with attention the bassist from No Doubt, you'll see that he has got an offspring t-shirt!

Hypodermic_89
03-11-2006, 08:00 AM
That's not right.

Teemu
03-11-2006, 08:02 AM
what, about the shirt?
i think it is! i watched it carefully many times!

_JJB
03-11-2006, 08:07 AM
Does anyone know where and when was it recorded?

Teemu
03-11-2006, 08:08 AM
Does anyone know where and when was it recorded?

LONG BEACH 2-26-2002

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-11-2006, 09:01 AM
Hahaha. Gwen air guitaring w when the intro starts.

HeadAroundU
03-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Blondie - call me!!!!!!

cool :)

offspring kid
03-11-2006, 09:42 AM
if you watch with attention the bassist from No Doubt, you'll see that he has got an offspring t-shirt!

yeah he's wearing Gotta get away t-shirt

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Blondie - call me!!!!!!

cool :)

You mean Gwen Stefani? :confused:

Teemu
03-11-2006, 09:58 AM
blondie, actually, is the name of the band that made that song, and no doubt covered it.

Teemu
03-11-2006, 09:59 AM
yeah he's wearing Gotta get away t-shirt

great, man :D :D :cool: :cool:

Little_Miss_1565
03-11-2006, 11:15 AM
That's not right.

Why not? They're friends.

Joe Ging
03-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Don't forget Warren from the Vandals !!!! ... AKA the dumbest guitar player :D

Little_Miss_1565
03-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Don't forget Warren from the Vandals !!!! ... AKA the dumbest guitar player :D

if by "dumbest" you mean "totally awesome"

www.wafart.com

Joe Ging
03-11-2006, 12:52 PM
exactly ! ;)

Camilamazed
03-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Great Video!
:)

darko
03-11-2006, 02:35 PM
OMG you see the end....Gwen walks straight past Noodles to hug the vandals guy!! dont think she even acknowleges Noodles!!

Nirushika6789
03-11-2006, 02:42 PM
She sucks but Noodles still rocks through out that :p

But damn it keeps freezing..I think I'll just download it and watch it all :p

Jojan
03-11-2006, 03:02 PM
I think Gwen smells.

Mimile
03-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Nice vidz btw

bd007h
03-11-2006, 03:42 PM
No Doubt used to be pretty good. Tragic Kingdom is a solid album. Then Gwen Stefani started doing hip hop crap. Shame on her.

Llamas
03-11-2006, 05:55 PM
yeah I also liked "return of saturn", and then she decided she wasn't making enough money or something... now she blows. and the last no doubt album sucked. that video is kinda cool, noodles is awesome :)

offspring fan
03-11-2006, 06:01 PM
OMG you see the end....Gwen walks straight past Noodles to hug the vandals guy!! dont think she even acknowleges Noodles!!
relly.... mabye noodles diddent want to hug her. mabye noodles thougt she was so ugly that he diddent want to hug her...

The shadow
03-11-2006, 06:18 PM
relly.... mabye noodles diddent want to hug her. mabye noodles thougt she was so ugly that he diddent want to hug her...

Ugly?. I donīt think thatīs the case.

Ninty Man
03-11-2006, 09:22 PM
WOW

Gwen sings pretty good... in that time :D

bd007h
03-11-2006, 11:04 PM
yeah, back when No Doubt was good ska-punk music.

Llamas
03-12-2006, 12:04 AM
no doubt was pop ska, never ska punk... and she's never been pretty :-/ but she did used to sing pretty well...

Venom Symbiote
03-12-2006, 01:02 AM
Why all the hate? They've only been friends for, oh I dunno, OVER A DECADE.

*laughs*

The Gotta Get Away video? Shot on the day they played a show with No Doubt at the same venue.

Noodles has been surfing with a couple of the No Doubt guys for years. Years.

Gwen Stefani and Dexter Holland are basically single-handedly responsible for turning Orange County into a "scene", the "Seattle" of the mid-late 1990s.

I mean, fuck, show a little respect, huh?

Sure, No Doubt aren't that great these days. But "Tragic Kingdom" is just as much a classic as "Smash" in the greater music world, and "Return of Saturn" was a decent album too.

And regarding Gwen "not being attractive" or whatever? Absolute balls to that comment! I don't like her face much either, but Gwen Stefani has a fucking killer body, any idiot could tell you that.

But back on topic...

Cool video. :) Very entertaining, I've never seen that one before. I've heard he's played with them on a few occasions, just never seen the clips.

Llamas
03-12-2006, 02:17 AM
as far as liking no doubt just because they're friends with the offspring: hell no! I like green day. they are friends with blink 182. I hate blink 182. :P I don't care if the people in the band are cool and get along with people in another band- that's not going to make me like their music more.

as for "tragic kingdom" being as good as "smash": again, hell no. The reason tragic kingdom did so well is because a) gwen stefani was a girl singing for a rock band, which was a huge thing in the early 90s, and b) they intentionally wrote sell-out music because all they cared about was tons of money- never about the music they made.

as far as gwen being hot: again, hell no! her face is hideous, and have you ever heard of fluid effect? Her body is not what they make it look like through touch-ups. Her body looking good on magazine covers means nothing. Plus, I'm a straight girl and judge girls' looks more on their faces than on the hotness of their bodies :P

and back on the topic of noodles in that video... he looks totally bored. I never understood why no doubt needs like 3 guitarists, especially in that song when there's barely any guitaring... :P

Venom Symbiote
03-12-2006, 02:35 AM
I never said "Tragic Kingdom" was as GOOD as "Smash". But as seminal a record, as classic an album? Hell yes.

And...

QUOTE:
"they intentionally wrote sell-out music because all they cared about was tons of money- never about the music they made."

Sorry, I have to ask: are you insane? :rolleyes:

I might agree with you regarding their LATER albums, but "Tragic Kingdom" musically is brilliant. And they didn't write that type of music to BECOME popular, the style of music BECAME popular AFTER they essentially invented it. The blend of ska with new-wave and pop, they basically came up with it.

Llamas
03-12-2006, 02:56 AM
what?? they invented that? uhhhhh ever hear of the mighty mighty bosstones? mmbt started before no doubt, and combined ska with pop LONG before no doubt did...

Little_Miss_1565
03-12-2006, 08:33 AM
and she's never been pretty :-/ but she did used to sing pretty well...

dude, don't even front. Gwen Stefani is fucking hotter than hell, and she's probably fucked off more money on jewelry than you'll ever make in your life. "What You Waiting For?" is the best dance jam of the last few years.

darko
03-12-2006, 08:39 AM
God i was only jesting and yet AS usual people on here take it seriously and start on Gwen....ugly? fuck no, I won't even kick her out of bed on a cold morning!

Llamas
03-12-2006, 09:52 AM
dude, don't even front. Gwen Stefani is fucking hotter than hell, and she's probably fucked off more money on jewelry than you'll ever make in your life. "What You Waiting For?" is the best dance jam of the last few years.

having money doesn't make anyone hot... it also doesn't make me gain any respect for someone. I do not think she is attractive. It is fine if you do because first of all, everyone has different opinions on who is hot (my best friend and I never agree on which guys are hot), and I'm a girl so I don't even really care if gwen is hot or not. I can't stand dance music, so I don't care what the best dance song is... and even if it is the best one, it's not like dance music is hard to write...

Little_Miss_1565
03-12-2006, 11:15 AM
having money doesn't make anyone hot... it also doesn't make me gain any respect for someone. I do not think she is attractive. It is fine if you do because first of all, everyone has different opinions on who is hot (my best friend and I never agree on which guys are hot), and I'm a girl so I don't even really care if gwen is hot or not. I can't stand dance music, so I don't care what the best dance song is... and even if it is the best one, it's not like dance music is hard to write...

Difficulty level has nothing to do with it. You think punk music is hard to write? D, G, C, repeat 5 times fast. Gwen was fucking hot before she had any money. She writes music that makes people happy--how many people can really say that? Her stuff is just fun as all hell.

Rutegard
03-12-2006, 12:26 PM
try this..it's better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQolKmsWgOc&search=offspring
it's not about noodles but about dexter :cool:

and yeah...forget bout no doubt LOL....just concentrate on noodles :D

igniton/pyro
03-12-2006, 12:34 PM
try this..it's better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQolKmsWgOc&search=offspring
it's not about noodles but about dexter :cool:

and yeah...forget bout no doubt LOL....just concentrate on noodles :D
that wasent mutch....

DeAtHsTaR
03-12-2006, 12:44 PM
no doubt was pop ska, never ska punk... and she's never been pretty :-/ but she did used to sing pretty well...
They were ska punk in like 1992.

Llamas
03-12-2006, 01:43 PM
Difficulty level has nothing to do with it. You think punk music is hard to write? D, G, C, repeat 5 times fast. Gwen was fucking hot before she had any money. She writes music that makes people happy--how many people can really say that? Her stuff is just fun as all hell.

well right, punk music isn't hard to write, either. I just have no repect for dance music, personally- and that is just my opinion. Music is written for entertainment purposes, so I'm pretty sure that a LOT of bands write music that makes people happy. And again, I find her to be very unattractive.

HeadAroundU
03-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Hey people, don't argue with Ilovellamas!!! It's a waste of time. She is kinda intelligent but she is going too far. She has kind of extreme opinions.

Ok ok yes, she is insane. :)

On the other hand I love No Doubt, Tragic Kingdom and Return of Saturn are amazing. Gwen is hot and if you don't know she is gonna have a baby :) with Gavin Rossdale from Bush (frontman of post-grunge band).

I love a video and Noodles is sweet!

Llamas
03-12-2006, 04:01 PM
wtf? I'm insane?? :P I don't have extreme opinions... not thinking gwen is hot and not liking techno music is not extreme... I don't see what's extreme about my opinions at ALL. I also have admited that I enjoy the sounds of tragic kingdom and return of saturn...

scream
03-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Seeing any member of The Offspring do anything on video is enough to make me content for the day :D.

HeadAroundU
03-12-2006, 04:53 PM
wtf? I'm insane?? :P I don't have extreme opinions... not thinking gwen is hot and not liking techno music is not extreme... I don't see what's extreme about my opinions at ALL. I also have admited that I enjoy the sounds of tragic kingdom and return of saturn...
ok
but there is something that people don't wanna see.
For example:
Splinter is not good enough for Josh Freese.
SOAD is more talented than The offspring. (More complicated/harder doesn't mean more talented.)
Gwen is hideous.
No doubt made Tragic Kingdom because of money.
I own all the offspring's cds except the GH. It's not worth $16 for two new songs...

Jakebert
03-12-2006, 05:12 PM

Dance music is a lot harder to write than punk rock. I used to be under the same misguided impression, but a friend of mine who has a synth let me mess around on his, and writing and playing that kind of music is a lot trickier than it sounds. It's not like you just say "computer, play this rythm" and it does. It takes a lot of work. And yes, a lot of dance music sounds the exact same, but anyone with ears can tell that what Gwen/No Doubt does is a lot more original and different and often blends together a lot of types of music. Hell, I don't like No Doubt, but I still respect them for being a very original band.

Jakebert
03-12-2006, 05:15 PM
well right, punk music isn't hard to write, either. I just have no repect for dance music, personally- and that is just my opinion. Music is written for entertainment purposes, so I'm pretty sure that a LOT of bands write music that makes people happy. And again, I find her to be very unattractive.

You just contradicted yourself. You complained because No Doubt writes accessable music for the radio, and now you're saying that all music is just entertainment. If it's just entertainment, then why would you have a problem with a band making accessable, popular music?

Sorry it took me 2 posts to argue. I forgot about this post and don't feel like editing my other one because I'm a lazy jerk.

Llamas
03-12-2006, 05:43 PM
headaroundu: I'm not trying to be offensive, but I don't see anythign wrong with stating my opinions. I'm not going to sit here and say "no you're WRONG for thinking splinter's drumming was hard enough for josh freese to show his immense talent", or "no you're WRONG for buying the GH album". It's just my opinion, and there are a lot of opinions on this board that nobody wants to hear. I'm for freedom of speech, and I don't see anything wrong with stating my opinions.

jakebert: I am not under the impression that a synth is easier to play than a guitar. I own both instruments, and I find the guitar to be much easier to play than a synth. The music itself, however, is very easy to write. Like, I'm not talking about it being easy to record, but easy to write. I personally am not trying to say that no doubt isn't original. I wouldn't say that. I just don't care for the music they've released post "return of saturn" and I still don't really think the music they've released since then is difficult to have written.

Music is made for entertainment, but most of it is not JUST made for entertainment. My point was that many other groups create music that makes people happy. In fact, most do. But many groups are able to entertain while conveying smart messages, etc.

I don't have a problem with people making accessible popular music. I just choose not to listen to it when that's the sole purpose of the music.

Jakebert
03-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Actually, writing good, orignal techno/dance music is incredibly hard to do. Yes, writing generic techno/dance is easy, but that goes to any genre of music. But the stuff that No Doubt does takes a lot of skill to pull off, especially since it's not all done on computers and a lot of it is done with a live band, which makes it hard to duplicate that kind of sound with those instruments.

I don't like techno/dance music either, but I still respect No Doubt and Gwen Stefani because they can pull it off incredibly well without sounding like everyone else.

Venom Symbiote
03-12-2006, 09:52 PM
Going back a few pages: sure, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (great band!) blended ska with pop earlier on (hell, they weren't even the first to do it), but do the 'Bosstones sound ANYTHING LIKE No Doubt?

Hell no. No Doubt created THEIR own sound.

They both might subscribe to the same broad category of music, but sound totally different and took different paths with the blending of the sounds.

No Doubt were the undisputed first band to sound like No Doubt.

Llamas
03-12-2006, 10:48 PM
yeah most bands out there have their own sound... all I was saying was that no doubt didn't invent a genre like someone said. the offspring was the first band to sound like the offspring... etc...

thecavedog
03-13-2006, 01:09 AM
this thread is boring

Llamas
03-13-2006, 03:06 AM
you're boring!

Venom Symbiote
03-13-2006, 05:48 AM
QUOTE:
"all I was saying was that no doubt didn't invent a genre like someone said."

I said that. And you know what? They did. They invented whatever genre you'd consider No Doubt to be. I'm not sure how I'd describe No Doubt's "genre" (since they encompass so many styles of music, especially these days), but whatever it is, there's no one who's done it before them, even in the underground.

QUOTE:
"the offspring was the first band to sound like the offspring... etc..."

Err, how do you figure? I mean, aside from Dexter's unique vocals there's nothing really revolutionary about them. Pennywise guitar tone and song structure is VERY very similar, the tongue-in-cheek humour was already established well with bands like The Descendents, and if we're counting the Self-Titled album in this too (I'm not sure, since it's not really "The Offspring"-sounding), that album's basically a mere summation of every '80s punk act out there.

The Offspring, to me, aren't ORIGINAL, they just standardise what's been done before in a much stronger and efficient way. They don't invent, they improve. They take already-created elements and master them.

And to The Cave Dog? If it's boring, don't read it or post here. Pretty simple, Chief. ;)

thecavedog
03-13-2006, 06:08 AM
wtf! did i hurt your feelings? is this a no doubt forum??? i think not so back to the topic pls. its about noodles playing with no doubt, not about no doubt being good or bad or if you think gwen is sexy or not.

I think its cool when Noodles (or any other member) plays with some other band for fun. Noodles looks like he wasnt having a lot of fun on the vid.

Oh and Venom.... We fucked you in the cricket last night! And thanks for the advice :rolleyes:

HeadAroundU
03-13-2006, 11:21 AM
QUOTE:
"all I was saying was that no doubt didn't invent a genre like someone said."

I said that. And you know what? They did. They invented whatever genre you'd consider No Doubt to be. I'm not sure how I'd describe No Doubt's "genre" (since they encompass so many styles of music, especially these days), but whatever it is, there's no one who's done it before them, even in the underground.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll

Genre:
Rock

Styles:
Alternative Pop/ Rock
Post-Grunge
Third Wave Ska Revival
Adult Alternative Pop/ Rock
Ska-Punk

No doubt didn't invent rock :)

There's probably no one who's mixed styles like them.

HeadAroundU
03-13-2006, 12:01 PM
QUOTE:
The Offspring, to me, aren't ORIGINAL, they just standardise what's been done before in a much stronger and efficient way. They don't invent, they improve. They take already-created elements and master them.

The same goes for No Doubt.

Llamas
03-13-2006, 01:41 PM
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll

Genre:
Rock

Styles:
Alternative Pop/ Rock
Post-Grunge
Third Wave Ska Revival
Adult Alternative Pop/ Rock
Ska-Punk

No doubt didn't invent rock :)

There's probably no one who's mixed styles like them.

Hmm... I'm not sure I hear alt rock in their music... nor post-grunge.... third wave ska revival is pretty generic... so is adult alternative pop... and I think they are ska-pop, not ska-punk. So we'll say they mixed third wave ska revival (which actually isn't any different from ska-pop) and alt pop... But a lot of groups and singers mix styles and genres- a LOT. If you type the offspring into that same search engine on allmusic.com, they list 4 different genres- that's one less than they list for ND...

and to venom: "they invented whatever style they are". Well, if nobody else ever does it, it's not a genre. A genre is something other things fit into, also. No Doubt did not invent something new... their old music (up through tragic kingdom) is standard pop/ska. return of saturn was much poppier and less ska... and rock steady was very very poppy, very electronic, and NO ska at ALL. Now they are a techno-like group, and like jakebert said, I will agree that I respect that they do techno pretty well, and their techno doesn't completely fit the generic mold... but they did not invent any genres.

Anyway, I do agree with cavedog.

Llamas
03-13-2006, 01:43 PM
and headaroundu: you were saying that nobody wants to hear my opinions all the time? I think that venom saying that no doubt invented a genre and are the only group that sounds like no doubt, but the offspring sounded like tons of other groups... is something people don't want to hear... I get that stuff all over this board- stuff I, and other people don't want to hear. I just don't understand why you chose to attack ME.

Venom Symbiote
03-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Cavedog, Cricket's for pussies anyway.

So meh to that. Don't follow the sport, only good stuff.

thecavedog
03-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Yeah, when you loose!

With who else has Noodles and the others played with? I know Dexter sang Stand by me with (who was it again?).

Venom Symbiote
03-14-2006, 03:46 AM
Pennywise, you scrot.

And it's "lose", not "loose".

HeadAroundU
03-14-2006, 05:00 AM
Hmm... I'm not sure I hear alt rock in their music... nor post-grunge.... third wave ska revival is pretty generic... so is adult alternative pop... and I think they are ska-pop, not ska-punk.

Ska-Punk:
Most of the Third Wave of Ska Revival was based on Ska-Punk, a hybrid that took the 2-Tone movement of the early '80s as its starting point, and added the velocity and volume of hardcore punk for good measure. Throughout the late '80s, ska-punk was an underground phenomenon, with Fishbone being the only one of its practitioners to earn significant exposure. By the mid-'90s, ska-punk bands like Rancid had broken through into the alternative audience, and the Third Wave of Ska Revival — which also included bands that leaned more toward metal than ska — was on its way to becoming part of the mainstream.

Top Albums:

And Out Come the Wolves

RancidEnergy

Operation IvyGoldfinger

GoldfingerHoney I'm Homely

Dance Hall CrashersLet's Face It

The Mighty Mighty BosstonesSublime

SublimeThe Band Geek Mafia

Voodoo Glow Skulls Tragic Kingdom

No DoubtTruth and Soul

FishboneAquabats Vs. the Floating Eye of Death!

The Aquabats

HeadAroundU
03-14-2006, 05:04 AM
If you type the offspring into that same search engine on allmusic.com, they list 4 different genres- that's one less than they list for ND...

4 different styles!

Accept the facts.

and I can hear post-grunge.
Oh and you can't hear alternative rock? omg

Llamas
03-14-2006, 12:50 PM
If you read my post, I said that they list 4 different styles for the OFFSPRING...

thecavedog
03-15-2006, 12:57 AM
Pennywise, you scrot.

And it's "lose", not "loose".

Ok you retarded fuck, you try typing in a language that is not your mother tongue! And what is your problem any way? Dont be so sensitive pls.

Llamas
03-15-2006, 02:15 AM
hey, what language do you speak in south africa? I worked with someone last summer that was from there and she said they speak afrikaans(sp?) but someone else argued with me and said they spoke something else... and someone once told me they spoke english, which I KNOW isn't true. Just wondering :)

thecavedog
03-15-2006, 03:52 AM
your friend was right and wrong. I speak Afrikaans and snd lang English. But those are just 2 of the 11 official languages!

Edit:

Some of the other languages is: Xhosa, Zulu, Venda, Sephedi, SeShoto... I dont even know the names of all of them.