PDA

View Full Version : Name your nature: good or evil

Preocupado
03-11-2006, 10:45 PM
Forget that there's any relativity in the terms good and evil, reject any ambiguity and give it a shot: are you, by nature, good or evil?

I believe that we always try to show the opposite of our nature. In every word and every action of communication we try to compensate the true source of our nature by proving to ourselves and to everyone else that there's something more than the reality ahead.

For example: a person who often presents a caring, undeniable moral perspective and a heart warming ethical code is trying to seek answers for it's own hungry, selfish and cold desire.

I believe i go for the evil nature.

Yours?

calichix
03-11-2006, 11:43 PM
good. mos def.

albeit I think your theory is dumb and it really bothers me that you spelled "warming" wrong.

wheelchairman
03-11-2006, 11:51 PM
I believe in neither good nor evil. And I certainly don't think that people are easily divided into such absolutes.

T-6005
03-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Preocupado, I think people here have given you a little too short a chance, to be honest. Although, from the way things happen, I'm too lenient. Hence me liking yay. But anyway.

I would say that my impulses are naturally hedonistic. Period. Good or evil, you decide, although I would guess the latter. And that I have only a slight amount of control over that. Call it the struggle between id and ego, with a weak ego, if you will. The ego only prevents me from permanently throwing myself down the way of substances which will make me feel better and better, and extracting the ultimate satisfaction that comes of crushing somebody's esteem and views. Hell, even thinking of the only moments I've done that makes me feel a lover's hand on my face. mmmm. Now that I'm lost within the moment, I can almost feel them on my chest as well.

Like I said (psychotically, I know), hedonism, held in check only by the ideas of right and wrong I've instilled in myself, guide me. I do everything that I believe leads to me feeling good within my own moral code.

Call it evil, call it good. It honestly doesn't matter. They're just actions, in the end.

Paint_It_Black
03-12-2006, 12:26 AM
I try very hard to live up to the "good" code that I've set for myself. I won't get into specifics, but living by these rules is very important to me. On the few occasions that I've disregarded them I've felt like an almost completely different person. A person that I don't like very much, and a person that I find rather scary. I suppose I hold on to my values so dearly because I'm afraid of what I would become if I let them slip.

I don't usually discuss things of this nature, because it always comes across as inherently melodramatic.

wheelchairman
03-12-2006, 12:29 AM
I believe in neither good nor evil. And I certainly don't think that people are easily divided into such absolutes.

Well, you would easily be called Evil.

Lolz, selfquoting.

- Tizz

Rocky-girl
03-12-2006, 01:20 AM
I belive that everybody have a good and bad side, but we can see that side that is a little bigger than other or if person tryes to show only one part. But also I belive that to say if person is good or bad we must know him/her for a lond time. And I think it's hard for me to describe myself, also I think that people around me can do this more evenly than me.

T-6005
03-12-2006, 02:14 AM
I belive that everybody have a good and bad side, but we can see that side that is a little bigger than other or if person tryes to show only one part. But also I belive that to say if person is good or bad we must know him/her for a lond time. And I think it's hard for me to describe myself, also I think that people around me can do this more evenly than me.
I can totally understand Simona and Justin right now.

Rocky-girl
03-12-2006, 02:25 AM
I can't understand you. What does mean your post?

T-6005
03-12-2006, 02:29 AM
I can't understand you. What does mean your post?
I understand why they love you as much as they do. You're so lovable!

Even if I think they're a bit creepy sometimes, I can understand why.

killer_queen
03-12-2006, 03:26 AM
Since I'm trying too hard to be "good" I'll go for good.

Rocky-girl
03-12-2006, 03:32 AM
I understand why they love you as much as they do. You're so lovable!

Even if I think they're a bit creepy sometimes, I can understand why.
Thanks, but I haven't wrote something extraordinary and really wanted to delite that post.
And yes, Gulsah, I think that everyone must try to be good.

killer_queen
03-12-2006, 03:38 AM
Trying to be good is not really something everyone can do. Fake smiles, fake kind words make people tired sometimes.

Rocky-girl
03-12-2006, 04:08 AM
yeah, we can't count real kindness in smiles and sweet words.

JoY
03-12-2006, 04:14 AM
of course I have my evil side (lolz, Ivilll) & I can be evil. maybe even mean. but most of the times my intentions are good. (oh lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.) I guess if others would describe me, they'd describe me as good, rather than evil.

Andy
03-12-2006, 04:55 AM
Good by day; Evil by night. I guess I swing.

neocon58
03-12-2006, 05:08 AM
Yesterday I actually laughed when an ambulance went past, lights flashing. My exact words were "Ha, someone's dying". Spur of the moment and I didn't feel like absolute shit after I did it.

I'm so evilolz.

JoY
03-12-2006, 05:21 AM
being around a hospital most of the time does make me a bit insensitive to all the ambulances coming in. but eh, I've never had such evil thoughts. these days I just wonder what the person in the ambulance has, if I could come with a proper differential diagnosis & if I could come up with ideas to fix it. still, the sound of an ambulance can still worry me.

ninthlayer
03-12-2006, 05:29 AM
This is trivial, learn to be apathetic.

Preocupado
03-12-2006, 10:48 AM
^ Is that to me or JoY? If it's about the thread, yes, it is a trivial question thread. That's the whole point.

Plumey
03-12-2006, 11:20 AM
I just flipped a coin. It said I should be evil, so... :p

Izie
03-13-2006, 04:17 AM
I'm Slavic. We're beyond this silly good/evil categorization.