PDA

View Full Version : Baa, Baa, Rainbow Sheep!

FauxElitist
03-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Political correctness is becoming really REALLY fucking gay.
I mean, honestly, is there any stupid nigger out there who actually believes that the song 'Baa, Baa, Black Sheep', is the least bit offensive?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4782856.stm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2073043,00.html

GreenTerror
03-12-2006, 12:17 AM
Now the gays are gonna be pissed.

Mr. Noodles
03-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Political correctness is becoming really REALLY fucking gay.
I mean, honestly, is there any stupid nigger out there who actually believes that the song 'Baa, Baa, Black Sheep', is the least bit offensive?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4782856.stm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2073043,00.html
WTF?
That's SO stupid! :mad:
Anyone who thinks that words like nigger or black sheep are offensive are racists themselves.

T-6005
03-12-2006, 12:29 AM
"Educational" purposes. Clearly.

FauxElitist
03-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Damn straight, cracka'.

Vera
03-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Black sheep are dirty niggers. Duhh.

coke_a_holic
03-12-2006, 12:37 AM
Double-yoo. Tee. Eff. People need to get over themselves and stop trying to produce a "perfect world" that will have no different effects than the world their kids would otherwise live in. So lame.

wheelchairman
03-12-2006, 02:03 AM
...Anyone who thinks that words like nigger ... [can be] offensive are racists themselves.
Explain that please.

Sin Studly
03-12-2006, 04:38 AM
When black people have three bags full o' something, it sure as hell isn't wool.

JoY
03-12-2006, 05:06 AM
hahahaha!!

on the subject; do you think people particularly love being a victim so much, they'd victimise themselves if they had to?

the_GoDdEsS
03-12-2006, 05:10 AM
Jesus Christ. Fuck. The West is so lame. Over here politicians openly release racist statements. And you ban innocent songs.

Rocky-girl
03-12-2006, 05:31 AM
hahahaha!!

on the subject; do you think people particularly love being a victim so much, they'd victimise themselves if they had to?
I guess it rather good and interesting to be a victim. Everybody are sorry for you, try to help and you do nothing just cry how you're offended and unprotected. fu.

Holocast

Sin Studly
03-12-2006, 05:37 AM
Hey Tanichka, wanna go camping with your Mamushka and I?

the_GoDdEsS
03-12-2006, 05:42 AM
Clearly papushka's daughter.

Rocky-girl
03-12-2006, 05:47 AM
Camping? Where? And do you papushka thinks the same(about thread)? And mamushka?
P.S. Papushka, what's with your avatar?

Little_Miss_1565
03-12-2006, 07:40 AM
Colors are racist! I hereby demand that the term for "the absence of light reflecting off of an object" be changed from "black" to "somniferous!" Baa baa somniforous sheep! Anything else is forbidden!

0r4ng3
03-12-2006, 07:41 AM
If they change it to "Baa Baa Yellow Sheep" I'm gonna go ninja on their asses.

Sin Studly
03-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Camping? Where? And do you papushka thinks the same(about thread)? And mamushka?
P.S. Papushka, what's with your avatar?

Camping in Poland?

Jakebert
03-12-2006, 08:47 AM
I'm really glad my childhood ended before all of this garbage started. This is so stupid. I really hate people sometimes.

My sociology teacher was telling us about how some schools have banned tag because it hurts kids feelings when they're "it" all the time. Again, I really hate peope sometimes. Kids arn't allowed to be kids anymore.

0r4ng3
03-12-2006, 08:49 AM
Y'know how all the adults are always saying how tough they were, and we're all sheltered 'n' stuff? I can finally see us being like that to the next generation.

JohnnyNemesis
03-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Anyone who thinks that words like nigger or black sheep are offensive are racists themselves.

Oh holy god fuck you are such a fucking idiot.

To everyone else: clearly, I agree that it is RIDICULOUS to be offended over something like this. But then again, even when something is worth legitimately being upset over, the majority of this BBS and anyone else who operates more from here than out there does the same "OMG THAT'S SO STUPID" routine from the sidelines of your computer. It wears thin.

Sin Studly
03-12-2006, 09:13 AM
Yo beaner, sell me three bags full.

JohnnyNemesis
03-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Four if you swallow. Deal?

Sin Studly
03-12-2006, 09:22 AM
The little boy who lives down the lane only offers two. Deal.

Rocky-girl
03-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Camping in Poland?
So do you like camping?

Sin Studly
03-12-2006, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I sure do love camping. Hahaha.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-12-2006, 11:02 AM
To everyone else: clearly, I agree that it is RIDICULOUS to be offended over something like this. But then again, even when something is worth legitimately being upset over, the majority of this BBS and anyone else who operates more from here than out there does the same "OMG THAT'S SO STUPID" routine from the sidelines of your computer. It wears thin.

Yeah, how else do you expect us to react? It IS stupid.

JohnnyNemesis
03-12-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm talking about occasions when the issue ISN'T stupid as well as times when it is. It's quite odd that the reactions are identical in both cases.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-12-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh, I see what you mean. Well fair enough, but in this case I think the outcry is justified.

By the way, always notice that it's white folk that lay awake at night worrying about shit like this?

Linda
03-12-2006, 11:31 AM
It IS stupid....and it appears by the articles that it's only in Britain?

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Sounds about right. It's typical of Labour to be more concerned about a word in a nursery rhyme than, say, the NHS.

T-6005
03-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Baa baa non-denominationally colored sheep,

Have you any... thing to give us since mentioning wool might be discriminatory and mention class difference and your wasted labor,

Yes sir, yes sir, I have two bags to offer you at reduced prices and a third that comes freely, unfortunately I the first two are taxed extremely heavily so that the government can afford to change stupid rhymes like this one.

All About Eve
03-12-2006, 12:21 PM
In the pre-schools and stuff around here they're calling Indian-style (sitting with your legs crossed) criss-cross applesauce now.

Linda
03-12-2006, 12:25 PM
OMG, that ^ also is soooo stupid! What the hell is wrong with people these days?

Kerr
03-12-2006, 12:28 PM
I believe "Brainstorm" is banned in schools, and now "Mind Map" has to be used. Brainstorm is apparently offensive to those who are brain dead. Jesus....

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-12-2006, 12:31 PM
I believe "Brainstorm" is banned in schools, and now "Mind Map" has to be used. Brainstorm is apparently offensive to those who are brain dead. Jesus....

Brain deceased*. Let's not offend dead people, now.

T-6005
03-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Yeah - because you never know when they're going to come for you.

JohnnyNemesis
03-12-2006, 12:46 PM
It's always funny to see people whine about how stupid it is that other people whine.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-12-2006, 12:47 PM
It's what people whine ABOUT, Rick. Not that they do. If nobody complains, nothing gets done.

JohnnyNemesis
03-12-2006, 12:54 PM
I know, I know, and I think it's ridiculous too, like I said. But the whole "my opinion that it's stupid is more important than your opinion that it's offensive" thing is odd too.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-12-2006, 12:55 PM
It would be if anyone truly WAS offended by it. But this is overly fretty old white women who think some people MIGHT be offended. And frankly, if people are offended by it, they need their heads examined. It's obvious this has nothing to do with race.

Linda
03-12-2006, 12:56 PM
It doesn't matter what they do, there is always going to be something that offends others. No way to stop it except to just eliminate the whole human race.

:eek: I agree with TUNB!

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-12-2006, 12:58 PM
It doesn't matter what they do, there is always going to be something that offends others. No way to stop it except to just eliminate the whole human race.

Exactly. This isn't even equal, that's the thing - remember the whole Danish cartoon thing? Outside the Danish Embassy in London a group of Islamic chaps gathered, promising things like "Death to Europe" and "You will pay" and things like that. Only NOW, weeks later, are the police force even considering arresting anyone. Why can we even THINK about stupid things like this when things like that are allowed to go unpunished?

Linda
03-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Well, yeah, that sounds like death threats which are much worse than harmless nursery rhymes.

Yatesy
03-12-2006, 01:03 PM
This thing is stupid, on a similar note black board was changed to chalk board a while back. Also, they basically banned christmas in job centres as it may offend muslims....apparently.

darko
03-12-2006, 01:11 PM
It makes me laugh, first they where on about Big Ears in Noddy and now Baa Baa Black Sheep...what next?

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-12-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm gonna make a show called "If you're fat/brain damaged/stupid/foreign/old, you're a complete fucking idiot." That'd give them something to complain about.

darko
03-12-2006, 01:18 PM
I'm gonna make a show called "If you're fat/brain damaged/stupid/foreign/old, you're a complete fucking idiot." That'd give them something to complain about.

hahaha i like that idea....

Sin Studly
03-12-2006, 01:36 PM

Can I host it?

Mota Boy
03-12-2006, 01:37 PM
So several newspapers, politicians and now a bunch of people on a message board are devoting time to the story of a single nursery doing something that most everyone agrees is silly?

Most PC outcry is overdone, but it makes a good, simple story that everyone can get outraged over together, much like the idea of lawsuits run amuck. Someone, somewhere in England, who has absolutely no power, made an asinine decision and now I have to spend a few minutes of my life on it. If you really want to read into political correctness, check out The Language Police (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0375414827/104-7845515-0858308?v=glance&n=283155), a book about how political correctness effects textbooks.

And yeah, it's all pretty silly and it'd be nice to see it toned down a bit, but as pluralistic, democratic societies try to work out for themselves the gray area between frowning upon outright racism and discrimination and clamping down on speech perceived as suspect, there are bound to infractions aplenty on either side. Public opinion can usually self-police enough without the need for an international lynch mob. And for government officials to think that this involves their attention... they're just fucking idiots incapable of understanding their job description.

Sin Studly
03-12-2006, 01:43 PM
Jack be nimble,
Jack be quick,
Jack jump over the candlestick.
Jill be nimble,
Do it, too.
If Jack can do it, so can you.

Hahahahahaha! Good thing the rhyme wasn't about maths.

coke_a_holic
03-12-2006, 01:57 PM
I question the fact that it has actually offended anyone. There isn't any mention of a specific case where it has offended anyone, they just don't want it to. They shouldn't fix what ain't broke.

EDIT: Realized there was a second page where Dave said exactly what I just wrote.

JohnnyNemesis
03-12-2006, 02:26 PM
It would be if anyone truly WAS offended by it.

None of us are really in a position to make that claim, since we all operate within our own worlds on these issues. I do agree with most of what you say and with the thread starting post 1,000,000%, but the examples some people brought up afterwards are suspect.

And I know you're saying that if anyone pays too much attention to this, we're conditioned to overlook greater problems (your example was a good one). But if we DON'T pay attention when people stand up and say they're offended by something, then the same exact overlooking happens.

I'm using the wrong argument at the wrong time, however, because the whole "black sheep" thing is absolutely ridiculous. I just want to get my point across as it relates to a lot of this. The approach we're taking in this thread stifles social change completely.

For a better idea of my opinion on it all, look at Mota Boy's post, which I also agree with 1,000,00%.

0r4ng3
03-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Hahahahahaha! Good thing the rhyme wasn't about maths.
I'd think that the "edited" version would be more offensive, since now kids from all over are actually gonna try jumping over candlesticks.

Edit: In the original (if that's not it, because I don't remember too well), did he not make it over?

Linda
03-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Jack, be nimble,
Jack, be quick,
Jack, jump over
The candlestick.

Jack jumped high
Jack jumped low
Jack jumped over
and burned his toe.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-12-2006, 03:25 PM
And I know you're saying that if anyone pays too much attention to this, we're conditioned to overlook greater problems (your example was a good one). But if we DON'T pay attention when people stand up and say they're offended by something, then the same exact overlooking happens.

I disagree. I think that most people are able to tell the difference between political correctness gone mad and actual offence or discrimination, and able to react as such.

Sin Studly
03-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Ricky, do you think the word "nigger" should be banned?

JoY
03-13-2006, 05:46 AM
where did Justin's reply go? it was fuckingly hilarious.

Sin Studly
03-13-2006, 05:56 AM
What reply?

nieh
03-13-2006, 06:06 AM
It boggles my mind how much we bend over backwards to prevent "upsetting the children" (they mentioned in one of the articles that they changed the ending to Humpty Dumpty for that reason). They change the rules to games so there are no winners or losers so that nobody has to feel bad. They avoid playing games like tag so the one who's "it" isn't singled out. Shit, at Chuck E. Cheese they even have it set up so that every time you play a ticket game you always get the same amount of tickets regardless of how good or bad you do or how badly you beat the other person score-wise. I can't even imagine how badly it's going to hit the kids when they actually have to deal with reality and the fact that sometimes you will lose, and you just have to deal with it.

JoY
03-13-2006, 06:51 AM
What reply?
uni made me para, never mind.

*scratches head while wandering out the library*