PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Hits

Bryan_AVA
03-12-2006, 04:07 AM
I think most of the Greatest Hits was actually decided by a large pop-community. With songs like Pretty Fly, which we all true offspring fans hate, and others like Want You Bad which is kinda pop, Defy You is ok. But now we have to make a new greatest hits! With what WE Offspring fans want. L.A.P.D., Million Miles Away, Race Against Myself, Amazed and so many others should have been on a album which represents 15 years of offspring bringing back punk rock, and without offspring, the wouldn't be any Green Day, Blink 182, Sum 41 and many others. So put your greatest hits below (15 tracks).

Mine is:

1 - L.A.P.D.
2 - Dirty Magic
3 - Come Out And Play
4 - Self Esteem
5 - Genocide
6 - Gotta Get Away
7 - Gone Away
8 - Amazed
9 - TKAA
10 - Americana
11 - Million Miles Away
12 - Denial, Revisited
13 - Race Against Myself
14 - The Noose
15 - Can't Repeat

Kitten
03-12-2006, 04:23 AM
There would have been a Green Day with or without The Offspring fucktard.
As for Greatest HITS, that's exactly what it was, the HITS, and not titled "The Album that all Fans Want".

Hypodermic_89
03-12-2006, 04:29 AM
I think most of the Greatest Hits was actually decided by a large pop-community...

Answer this question: Do you know what GREATEST HITS means?

Corpse
03-12-2006, 04:58 AM
The greatest hits was just the singles they produced, not necessarily the best songs they did. And wtf is all that about Green Day not being a band if Offspring hadn't been around. How the hell did Offspring influence Green Day, who were a band not long after offspring first came around

Rufus
03-12-2006, 05:08 AM
instead of calling it a greatest Hits album why don't we say The Best of The Offspring and then list 15 tracks here's mine:

1.Blackball
2. Dirty Magic
3. LAPD
4. Come Out And Play
5. Self Esteem
6. Meaning Of Life
7. Gone Away
8. I Choose
9. All I Want
10. Staring At The Sun
11. The Kids Aren't Alright
12. Dammit I Changed Again
13. Living In Chaos
14. The Noose
15. Lightning Rod

Drum Goddess
03-12-2006, 06:44 AM
The greatest hits was just the singles they produced, not necessarily the best songs they did. And wtf is all that about Green Day not being a band if Offspring hadn't been around. How the hell did Offspring influence Green Day, who were a band not long after offspring first came around
I don't get the Green Day thing either. Dookie was released before Smash and a lot of their other cds were released before offspring albums too. If anything The Offspring stole Green Day's spotlight for Dookie. Smash came out almost right after Dookie so Dookie didn't have a chance to really get big because the spotlight was stolen and shined on Smash.

Piedude
03-12-2006, 06:45 AM
You guys really think we havent already seen thousands upon thousands of lists like these when it was announced there was gunna be a greatest hits/announced greatest hits tracklist....

Drum Goddess
03-12-2006, 06:46 AM
Yeah I've seen the thousands of threads made about this. So I know you've seen this before.

Tijs
03-12-2006, 06:54 AM
Exactly. If you want to complain about the Greatest Hits not being your greatest hits, please do so in one of the other hundred threads.

I'll provide an url later.

edit: Try this one (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21836)