PDA

View Full Version : Storm Thorgerson

BIG Nicky
03-13-2006, 03:24 PM
I was watching the top 50 album covers and realized that Storm T. also did some designs for Splinter. The Pink Floyd album art was excellent. Anyone think he will be designing the next album? :)

.:SMASH:.
03-13-2006, 03:30 PM
nice. i thought the splinter design was quite creative and interesting. i'd like to seem him do something else. but i doubt he'd do something for the offspring again

rlplaymaker
03-13-2006, 08:51 PM
I thought the Splinter album had probably the coolest artwork of any offspring album

Drummerguy123
03-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Except for Ixnay, of course!

Llamas
03-13-2006, 09:02 PM
my favorite album arts were splinter and americana.

Drummerguy123
03-13-2006, 09:03 PM
One thing is for sure, The Offspring could never disappoint us with their phenomenal album art. (And Ixnay is still the best)

Mr. Noodles
03-13-2006, 09:03 PM
I was watching the top 50 album covers and realized that Storm T. also did some designs for Splinter. The Pink Floyd album art was excellent. Anyone think he will be designing the next album? :)
When was that? I saw the last 30 minutes of the countdown.

Hypodermic_89
03-13-2006, 10:48 PM
I'd love the next CD to be more animated, like Co1 and Americana. OR, something TOTALLY new.

Llamas
03-13-2006, 11:00 PM
I definitely agree. I wouldn't want another splinter album art. co1 and americana had really cool booklet art.

.:SMASH:.
03-14-2006, 01:31 AM
I Want Some Fucking Band Pics

Mimile
03-14-2006, 02:36 AM
I Want Some Fucking Band Pics

It's not the offspring style =)

Venom Symbiote
03-14-2006, 02:57 AM
If they just get rid of the fucking "Flame Skull", I don't give a pubic hair what they do with the artwork.

That's my one demand. That logo is getting tired, and only signals a representation of the lamest period of the band's career in my opinion. Ditch the skull, and maybe for some weird superstitious reason the next album will be half-decent. :cool:

Llamas
03-14-2006, 03:07 AM
I don't mind the skull, but I wish it represented something. I don't like it when bands use a logo that they didn't come up with, and that doesn't represent anything, but they use it for a long time. It has nothing to do with the band name, or their music, it doesn't really make sense. It relates to the photo for "dammit I changed again" and that's it.

That_Guy91
03-14-2006, 03:12 AM
One thing is for sure, The Offspring could never disappoint us with their phenomenal album art. (And Ixnay is still the best)
You think Ixnay is the best at everything.

Hypodermic_89
03-14-2006, 03:54 AM
I don't mind the skull, but I wish it represented something. I don't like it when bands use a logo that they didn't come up with, and that doesn't represent anything, but they use it for a long time. It has nothing to do with the band name, or their music, it doesn't really make sense. It relates to the photo for "dammit I changed again" and that's it.
Well the skull actually does represent something, but not something Offspring-related. A skull usually symbolizes death, and the eyes on the skull symbolize evil, and the flames symbolize pain/hell.

Superdope
03-14-2006, 05:20 AM
personally i really like the americana booklet. I can´t remember the artists name, but i think hé's very talented.

But if you seriously think that ANY other offspring album has better artwork than Ixnay you need to die a very painful death...
or at least hurt yourself...
or bang your knee on something...
or pretend like your hurt...

Camilamazed
03-14-2006, 06:58 AM
I'd rather not making any predictions. I don't want to know what it will be like untill it's released. I do want something surprising. Never seen before in offspring history.
:)

Emily_offspring_fan
03-14-2006, 08:34 AM
Except for Ixnay, of course!
Right. Ixnay is the best.

It is. Ixnay is the best album EVER, in my opinion.