PDA

View Full Version : Who's heard Bad Habit on the radio?

DeAtHsTaR
03-13-2006, 09:11 PM
If you have, how do they edit the "stupid dumbshit goddamn motherfucker" part? Do you just hear silence? Or do thye completely take out the bridge?

Llamas
03-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Umm, the only way bad habit has been played on the radio is if it was on a college or private station, because bad habit was never a single. And if it was played on one of those stations, they don't censor music... as far as I know. I really really doubt that song has been played on a main radio station. Just my 2 cents

Nitro Monkey
03-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Whenever I hear "Bad Habit" on the radio, the radio station mutes everything in the song except for the bridge. When that part comes up, the radio station bleeps out each obscenity to accentuate the message it seems. It's pretty funny cause it makes the vocals so blatant.

Drummerguy123
03-13-2006, 09:41 PM
My station actually used to play it quite frequently, but I havn't heard it in a long time. I loved hearing on the radio because they'd bleep it out with a bunch of sounds from car horns and stuff and it made me laugh.

DeAtHsTaR
03-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Umm, the only way bad habit has been played on the radio is if it was on a college or private station, because bad habit was never a single. And if it was played on one of those stations, they don't censor music... as far as I know. I really really doubt that song has been played on a main radio station. Just my 2 cents
Actually, it was a rare promo single. KROQ in LA has it on their playlist, and it got to #23 on the UK charts.

Mr. Noodles
03-13-2006, 10:16 PM
My station actually used to play it quite frequently, but I havn't heard it in a long time. I loved hearing on the radio because they'd bleep it out with a bunch of sounds from car horns and stuff and it made me laugh.
One of my friends once said that to me :eek: Every single word u just said

What radio station was it?
I wanna hear all the funny sounds.

.:SMASH:.
03-14-2006, 02:22 AM
If you have, how do they edit the "stupid dumbshit goddamn motherfucker" part? Do you just hear silence? Or do thye completely take out the bridge?
bad habit would have been a hit if it wasnt for the swearing. at least thats my opinion

Kitten
03-14-2006, 02:57 AM
They usually play it late at night, at the times when they are not required to bleep out swearing. I have never heard it played during the day.

Venom Symbiote
03-14-2006, 03:54 AM
Kitten, have you ever heard it on Australian radio? I can't say I ever have. I've heard "Next To You", "Total Immortal", and "One Fine Day" on Triple M though, funnily enough. Only like once or twice each, but occasionally. Weird, that station usually doesn't play any non-singles.

They also played about half of Co1 the first week it was released, promotional thing. Was cool.

QUOTE:
"because bad habit was never a single."

Neither was "Spare Me The Details". And that song was more successful in Australia on the radio than both Splinter singles combined. ;)

Llamas
03-14-2006, 04:05 AM
ah. yeah, I never listen to the radio... I've heard "can't repeat" when I was at target... the last offspring song I'd heard on the radio before that was "original prankster", I think. Shows how much I listen to that crap :P I don't really know how the radio works, either. Didn't know that non-singles could get airplay on major stations.

offspring_freak_3
03-14-2006, 08:09 AM
QUOTE:

Neither was "Spare Me The Details". And that song was more successful in Australia on the radio than both Splinter singles combined. ;)

Spare Me The Details has a single

DeAtHsTaR
03-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Kitten, have you ever heard it on Australian radio? I can't say I ever have. I've heard "Next To You", "Total Immortal", and "One Fine Day" on Triple M though, funnily enough. Only like once or twice each, but occasionally. Weird, that station usually doesn't play any non-singles.

They also played about half of Co1 the first week it was released, promotional thing. Was cool.

QUOTE:

Every song you mentioned was released as a promo single only to radio stations.

Camilamazed
03-14-2006, 08:15 AM
I have. When Smash came out. It wasn't played many times though.

nameless
03-15-2006, 05:13 PM
ive never heard it on the radio, only on mtv live!

Drummerguy123
03-15-2006, 05:24 PM
One of my friends once said that to me :eek: Every single word u just said

What radio station was it?
I wanna hear all the funny sounds.

KFMA, in Tucson. If somebody can get an mp3 of the edited version, it would be much appreciated if it could be posted because that version is just hilarious.

StayInTheHouseCarl
03-15-2006, 11:41 PM
Kroq plays it all the time. they just censor the words like you would any other cuss word in a song, its just more blantant because bad habit has more curses than a usual song played on the radio.

Hux
03-15-2006, 11:44 PM
If Bad Habit is on the radio and the words are bleeped, the song has little meaning.

Llamas
03-16-2006, 01:31 AM
hahaha, "Something's odd, feel like I'm god, you stupid dumb god mother!"

Kitten
03-16-2006, 03:05 AM

QUOTE:

Actually, I have heard Bad Habit on the radio, and funnily enough, it was Triple M.
As for Total Immortal, Spare me the Details and Next To You, they all had promo CD's for radio play. In fact, if you head to the news on the main website, there should be something about Next To You as a radio release.

Kitten
03-16-2006, 03:06 AM
If Bad Habit is on the radio and the words are bleeped, the song has little meaning.

You mean to say that the song itself is meaningless without two words?

Llamas
03-16-2006, 03:10 AM
There are 6 words that would be bleeped out on the radio in that song... and actually, the song isn't MEANINGLESS without them, but half the thrill of the song is the anger and cussing. It's like having cake without frosting. Sure, I'll still eat the cake, but damn. It's barely still cake.

.:SMASH:.
03-16-2006, 03:13 AM
but everyone listens to bad habit and waits for the stupid dumbshit goddamn moterfucker bit. thats the heart of the song.

Llamas
03-16-2006, 03:48 AM
haha I hate to say it, but I really don't think that's the "heart" of the song :P

Hux
03-16-2006, 05:37 AM
hahaha, "Something's odd, feel like I'm god, you stupid dumb god mother!"
Damn that's funny as fuck :p!

Kitten
03-16-2006, 05:50 AM
There are 6 words that would be bleeped out on the radio in that song... and actually, the song isn't MEANINGLESS without them, but half the thrill of the song is the anger and cussing. It's like having cake without frosting. Sure, I'll still eat the cake, but damn. It's barely still cake.

That's why I don't listen to the radio anymore. No cake.

Hux
03-16-2006, 05:55 AM
That's an excellent simile. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Hux
03-16-2006, 05:57 AM
That's why I don't listen to the radio anymore. No cake.
The cake's still good :) just no frosting :(. Oh well, it'll do...if you don't want your cake I'll have it ;).

Drummerguy123
03-16-2006, 06:34 AM
Actually, I have heard Bad Habit on the radio, and funnily enough, it was Triple M.
As for Total Immortal, Spare me the Details and Next To You, they all had promo CD's for radio play. In fact, if you head to the news on the main website, there should be something about Next To You as a radio release.

I have heard Totalimmortal on the radio once, I requested Next T You once (even though they didn't play it when they told me they had it :mad: ) and I have yet to hear Spare me the Detatails on the radio. My station is gay. Radio sucks.

DeAtHsTaR
03-16-2006, 08:11 AM
You mean to say that the song itself is meaningless without two words?
Again, "You stupid dumb god mother."

Llamas
03-16-2006, 11:53 AM
haha nice one death star ;)

and I don't listen to the radio anymore, either... haven't for about 5 years or so. Not cause of cussing, but because I hate listening to singles only, and being told what to listen to. Go CDs!