PDA

View Full Version : A-League

Skip91
03-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Here's one for any aussies on the board who follow soccer.
The thrill of an A-league match is way better than seeing the rugby league,
especially when you're right behind Dwight Yorke at the game.
Any Fans?

yay
03-14-2006, 01:37 AM
Rugby League shits on the A-League. Hell, I even prefer AFL over it. I was at Telstra Stadium last Friday Night watching the Tigers cane the Dragons and it was fucking awesome. Australian soccer is dogshit, except of course for the excellent world cup qualifier. That was good.

.:SMASH:.
03-14-2006, 02:32 AM
NRL kicks the shit out of soccer.

KILL YOURESLF. go play soccer you pussy

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-14-2006, 05:20 AM
KILL YOURESLF. go play soccer you pussy

If he follows soccer he almost certainly would anyway. Dumbass.

Paint_It_Black
03-14-2006, 05:30 AM
If he follows soccer he almost certainly would anyway. Dumbass.

You've just betrayed your country. I hereby demand that you cease and desist from imbibing tea in any form other than iced, and hand over all your crumpets to an appropriate authority.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-14-2006, 05:53 AM
Simply so people don't get it mixed up. I find if you say "football" in any company other than 100% English you get confused looks.

Sinister
03-14-2006, 06:24 AM
Dave... not quite - in fact, as far as I know, only Americans use 'soccer'. frenchies invented that sport and they call it 'football'.

Tijs
03-14-2006, 09:31 AM
So do the Dutch. Except it's a translation to our own language. Funny enough it's pronounced exactly the same. Most of the time I refuse to use the word 'soccer'.

Paint_It_Black
03-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Most of the time I refuse to use the word 'soccer'.

Good for you! I usually do too. If I get those confused looks that Dave mentioned, I simply explain that I am referring to REAL football, not the incredibly boring crap they play in the US and laughably call football.

Andy
03-14-2006, 03:58 PM
boring crap they play in the US and laughably call footbaal.
And barely use their feet

Tijs
03-14-2006, 04:18 PM
I simply explain that I am referring to REAL football, not the incredibly boring crap they play in the US and laughably call football.
Haha, I do the exact same thing. With the REAL football and all.

yay
03-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Dave... not quite - in fact, as far as I know, only Americans use 'soccer'. frenchies invented that sport and they call it 'football'.Australia and New Zealand also call it soccer.

yay
03-14-2006, 09:44 PM
NRL kicks the shit out of soccer.

KILL YOURESLF. go play soccer you pussyThis is an incredibly stupid comment because it is quite a known fact that soccer is the No.1 sport played by youngsters in Australia. I used to play soccer, and many people I know played it too. You don't even have to like it much, it's just a very easy sport to get into playing.

Skip91
03-15-2006, 12:23 AM
This is an incredibly stupid comment because it is quite a known fact that soccer is the No.1 sport played by youngsters in Australia. I used to play soccer, and many people I know played it too. You don't even have to like it much, it's just a very easy sport to get into playing.

Dude I totally agree.
Ok, so most people like league here, but you cant say that Australian soccer hasn't drastically improved over the last couple of years. Sydney FC are playing Juventus after the World Cup, so that must mean something good.

yay
03-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Dude I totally agree.
Ok, so most people like league here, but you cant say that Australian soccer hasn't drastically improved over the last couple of years. Sydney FC are playing Juventus after the World Cup, so that must mean something good.There is no doubt in my mind at all that A-League has vastly improved the whole concept of soccer being considered a major sport in Australia. However, I just prefer League, and I think overall most Australians would prefer to go to a League or AFL game than to an A-League match.