PDA

View Full Version : different can't repeat video

Llamas
03-13-2006, 11:57 PM
On the dvd collection, and on tv, I've only seen the one video of can't repeat, where they're just all in the room playing the whole time... but I came across this other video, it's different. Has anyone seen it before?
http://www.theoffspring.it/offspring.php?action=video
click on can't repeat (new version)

bd007h
03-14-2006, 12:21 AM
yeah, it was posted several months ago, but I'm sure there are some people that haven't seen it yet, so It was probably good that you posted it.

Llamas
03-14-2006, 12:25 AM
*sigh* and I thought I was original :-/

Emily_offspring_fan
03-14-2006, 08:46 AM
On the dvd collection, and on tv, I've only seen the one video of can't repeat, where they're just all in the room playing the whole time... but I came across this other video, it's different. Has anyone seen it before?
http://www.theoffspring.it/offspring.php?action=video
click on can't repeat (new version)

I've seen the story version of Can't Repeat several times on MTV.
It's my opinion but I don't like the story version.

HeadAroundU
03-14-2006, 10:42 AM
I like the story version better. It's decent.

HeadAroundU
03-14-2006, 10:45 AM
I've seen the story version of Can't Repeat several times on MTV.
It's my opinion but I don't like the story version.
Are there any particular reasons? I'm curious.

Llamas
03-14-2006, 11:56 AM
I actually liked it more when I saw it. I'm not a big fan of a video that just shows the band the whole time... we already have head around you with them in a room, why does can't repeat have to be the same?

Emily_offspring_fan
03-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Are there any particular reasons? I'm curious.
Not really
maybe cause the stories are stupid

Hux
03-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Damn, I really wish there was a way I could see this, my download is shit so I can't download it :mad: .

offspring_freak_3
03-14-2006, 03:07 PM
i think the second version is way better, i mean, videos that shows the band playing the whole time is good but sometimes its so fuckin boring

Ninty Man
03-14-2006, 03:16 PM
i think the second version is way better, i mean, videos that shows the band playing the whole time is good but sometimes its so fuckin boring

MMM, but in thie video.. I mean... they are like modest, no?

Llamas
03-14-2006, 03:46 PM
hux, that's sucks man :-/ it's pretty cool.

and I agree with offspring freak... I get bored watching the band for 3 1/2 minutes

Ryder1234
03-14-2006, 03:46 PM
why can't anyone get this in a file thats not rar.? can anyone get a different file version

Llamas
03-14-2006, 04:04 PM
the can't repeat video? isn't it in avi?

and I'll tell you what happens in the stories, hux.

It's basically the same video, most of it is just the band in a room... first they cut away to a girl in her room, looking at photos that she has stuck to a bulletin board, and one of the photos they zoom into, and it's the band playing again... then they cut away to this young couple at a pool, basically they're falling in love and that's reminiscent of first loves, it's never the same as that. They cut back and forth to that couple a few times, the couple kisses.
When noodles is playing the main riff after the first chorus, they cut away to a sign that says "guitar lessons", with the little tear-off phone numbers, haha.
Next, they cut to a guy sitting on a curb with his bike, he apparently fell off and cut his arm... not sure what that one means.
Next, they cut to a woman who seems to have lost someone... she's crying and looking toward the sky, holding a locket in her hands and then she kisses it, and they show the inside of the locket, and zoom into it, it's a man. Zoomed all the way in, he's sitting at a table with his family, they look like a standard happy family. I think this is the same girl from the beginning with the bulletin board... she misses her family who died somehow, and misses their happy life together.
Next they zoom out and the band is on a poster, and there is a kid and an old man... the kid is buying a guitar from him at some store. The photo in his wallet is the band again, which they zoom into.
When he sings with the muffled voice during the bridge, I dunno if they do this in the real video (I don't remember it), when he says "joys and fears", and "today just slips away", they do a cut of three different shots of dexter all lined up on the screen.
Next, after that little bridge, when he says "and I just wish that we could STOP" they have a bunch of highschool graduates throwing their hats at graduation (I really really like that part) and when the song freezes for that moment, so does the video of the hat throw.
Next, they cut to two old men playing chess. They look rather bored and unhappy. One of them is wearing a tshirt, that they zoom into. it's a little girl, maybe 7 years old, playing outside with her mom at her birthday party with all her friends.
At the very end, during the last few guitar strikes, they zoom very quickly backward through all the stories, and it quickly ends showing them zooming them all out of one photo album, with an old person sitting in a dark room, looking through it.

I really really like this version of the video. It's really good, and I like the stories. They aren't super deep (nor should they be), but they're all stories I can relate to (most of them), and that most people can relate to. (Though I don't understand the guy with the bike). It's much better than the video of them all just in a room playing.

Hux
03-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the description, sounds nice, I really have to fix up my downloads or just go to my friends and download everything I miss out on :p .

Emily_offspring_fan
03-14-2006, 04:13 PM
It takes a long time to download it but its cool.

DeAtHsTaR
03-14-2006, 04:19 PM
The kid wasn't buying the guitar though. He's sad because he's selling it to the pawn shop for money.

Total_immortal
03-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the description, sounds nice, I really have to fix up my downloads or just go to my friends and download everything I miss out on :p .

you don't need to download it!
i think the new version of the video is the one that's in the video section at www.offspring.com

rlplaymaker
03-14-2006, 04:40 PM
how do u watch this/// its in rar format, how do u watch it????

Ninty Man
03-14-2006, 04:43 PM

Yeah, same question...

And, BTW, it's not on The Offspring page

Llamas
03-14-2006, 09:22 PM
you have to have a program to unzip it. Like Winrar

rlplaymaker
03-15-2006, 02:29 PM
is it available on any sites???

Total_immortal
03-15-2006, 02:30 PM

download winrar here:

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

it's like winzip, but for "rar" files

Come out and smash'em up!
03-16-2006, 11:11 AM
The Offspring is true usually in rock music videos all the electric guitars are unplugged without wires, but in can't repeat there is wires and stereos