PDA

View Full Version : AFI - Miss Murder

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
03-14-2006, 06:42 AM
So here we go. The first single from AFI's new album is called "Miss Murder" and is supposed to debut on radio stations in late April. I'm pretty geeked. Hopefully there will be an mp3 file up before that date, but whatever, at least it narrows it down.

I'm not too crazy about the title, but whatever. "Girl's Not Grey" sounded like a weirdo title to me too when I first heard it, as did other Sing The Sorrow song titles and Sing The Sorrow as an album title. I guess I'lll get used to it. I haven't even heard the song yet so I shouldn't be too quick to judge. "Silver and Cold" and "Catch A Hot One" are lame ass titles but awesome songs. So we'll see, I guess. I'm sure it will be awesome.

I heard from the OMB and a link to a radio station. There was no official confirmation from the band, but one of the winners of the "Sing With AFI" contest confirmed it, because they got to hear two songs from the upcoming album. So I guess "indirectly" it's confirmed by the band. She said it was an amazing song. So.....yay!! :)

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=16770

Danboy_88_No_Hero
03-14-2006, 07:15 AM
Thats good news is it true that they're new album is due to release 06/06/06?

offspring kid
03-14-2006, 08:07 AM
Can anyone tell me really fast songs by AFI for exampel : Catch a hot one. :)

Danboy_88_No_Hero
03-14-2006, 08:16 AM
Can anyone tell me really fast songs by AFI for exampel : Catch a hot one. :)

Triple Zero

offspring kid
03-14-2006, 08:24 AM
Triple Zero

any others i need more :D

Danboy_88_No_Hero
03-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Single second , Lower it , Makeshift wings , He who laughs last , Cruise control

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
03-14-2006, 09:04 AM
Three Seconds Notice.

Just about anything from Shut Your Mouth And Open Your Eyes.

As for the album release date, I don't know. The album title or tracklisting hasn't even been released yet. I would honestly hope that AFI is more creative than that to release it on some cliched date. But the single comes out late April, so chances are the album will come out about a month or two afterwards. I'm guessing late May - early June. So 6/6/06 is possible, I guess. If it is, I surely hope it's just a coincidence and not intended for the sake of being 6/6/06.

Vera
03-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Aaaaaace! :D

Danboy_88_No_Hero
03-14-2006, 09:32 AM
Ah well , I think it was just a rumor floating around the afi boards I'm just hoping to hear new stuff from them soon.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
03-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Yeah. It's getting sooo close now. Within a month we get a new AFI song! Yay! It will probably be accessible a few weeks before it premieres on radio, so maybe the first week of April or the final week of this month we'll get to hear it.

HeadAroundU
03-14-2006, 10:41 AM
I love this title. "Miss Murder" <3

omg I'll be everyday on eMule :)

Danboy_88_No_Hero
03-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Can't wait to hear it , I would love to go to the warped tour to see them. So can people list some of their fav afi songs I'll start with
"Narrative of soul against soul"

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
03-14-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm starting to like this title more and more. I'm getting used to it already. :)

I'm too excited. I wanna hear it now!!!!

As soon as someone has access to this, please post it here.

Or, if I happen to get ahold of it somehow, I'll post a link here.

coke_a_holic
03-14-2006, 01:05 PM
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

I don't know
03-14-2006, 01:15 PM
I hope it's nothing alike the songs on sing the sorrow, I can't wait to hear this song

HeadAroundU
03-14-2006, 01:54 PM
They should rename it to "Little_Miss_Murder 1565". ;)

alistair13
03-14-2006, 09:01 PM
funny, man, funny.

GreenTerror
03-15-2006, 03:31 AM
Why are they only playing some dates on Warped? I swear when I found out they were playing warped I was :D then when I read that they were only playing a few dates that didn't include AZ I was :(. Quickest and most dramatic mood swing I've ever experienced.

As for the new song sometime in April, wow. I can't freaking wait to hear it. Every album from them is so different from eachother, you can't really predict what it'll sound like, which just exaggerates the anticipation.

However, I really do need to say:
ZOMG NEW AFI!!!

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
03-15-2006, 05:23 AM
I would imagine that they are only playing some Warped dates because they have to focus on doing a headlining tour for their new album. Which would be better, I think. The album is getting ready to come out. New single next month. New album will probably be released a month or two after the single. So yeah, gotta do a headlining tour also.

DeAtHsTaR
03-15-2006, 08:57 AM
I'll probably see them when Warped rolls around.

Vera
03-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Who gives a fuck about Warped, give us a European tour!

coke_a_holic
03-15-2006, 12:57 PM
I gives a fuck about Warped. Oh well, at least I'll get to see Joan Jett and the Blackhearts there. ohhhhh yessss.

Vera
03-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Your opinion doesn't count, grandma-rapist.

AFI needs to come to Finland. :(

GreenTerror
03-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Oh well, at least I'll get to see Joan Jett and the Blackhearts there. ohhhhh yessss.

Oooohhh yessss indeeeeeed :)

The whole lineup looks orgasmic this year. I can't wait.

And yeah a headlining tour would be much better anyway. I don't care as long as I get to see them.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
03-16-2006, 11:20 PM
I hope it's nothing alike the songs on sing the sorrow, I can't wait to hear this song

I don't think so. I think the only two albums that sound similar are the first two. Black Sails and AOD kinda do, but not too much. You can still tell there's a difference. STS was a huge departure from AOD, and from what I've read, this new album is supposed to be a huge departure from STS. I'm excited. I too can't wait to hear this song.

Apparently, something new will be put up on the DF site soon. I don't know if it's the new song or whatever, but Gavin (the DF Admisinstrator), said he would be updating it really really soon with something. It may be the album title, it may be the tracklisting, it may be the release date, or a new song, or any combination of the above. I'm sooooo fucking stoked. :)

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-17-2006, 05:40 PM
They should rename it to "Little_Miss_Murder 1565". ;)
Haha ?

coke_a_holic
03-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Your opinion doesn't count, grandma-rapist.

AFI needs to come to Finland. :(
You're just depressed because I went for the old woman instead of you.

All About Eve
03-17-2006, 08:57 PM
I can't decide on whether to go to Warped this year, honestly. I probably will for AFI, possibly Less Than Jake and NoFX, maybe even Paramore, but there aren't as many quality bands as there were last year or in the past. I'll end up going I know, but meh.

coke_a_holic
03-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Forgot about Less than Jake! I saw them pretty recently and I can't wait to see them again. It's gonna be a good year for the Warped Tour.

All About Eve
03-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Last year was good. Thrice and Millencolin were both great, and I saw half of Big D too. That's what makes me want to see Less Than Jake. I also want to see Joan Jett just out of blatant curiosity at what she's doing at warped. The one Plain White T's song I heard from last years comp. was good, might see them, and I'm curious enought to see Saosin live. That's about it for me.

Jakebert
03-18-2006, 08:48 PM
I hope this album isn't as polished as Sing the Sorrow was. That album had a lot of potential to be really good, but it's so over-produced. The live versions of those songs are great, but to me at least, on the album they sound flat.

HeadAroundU
03-29-2006, 05:40 AM
http://www.afiseries.com/
Jade has confirmed the news that AFI's new album is to be called "Decemberunderground". I'm not sure if it's meant to be one word or two. Here is his confirmation:

Ok, here it is:
AFI's 7th album will be called........Decemberunderground.
it will be out June 6th.
Oh yes.

So there it is in all its glory! 100% official title. 100% official date. See below for what sparked him to come out.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
03-29-2006, 05:49 AM
YESS!!!! YES!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this title alot more than Sing The Sorrow(the title). Nice title. Oooohhh....I can't wait! :D

HeadAroundU
03-29-2006, 06:14 AM
I love it too!

Vera
03-29-2006, 07:10 AM
What.The.Fuck.

HeadAroundU
03-29-2006, 07:19 AM
What's up baby?
"December Underground" isn't it cool?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
03-29-2006, 09:42 AM
It's a hell of a lot better than Sing The Sorrow. When I first heard that title, I was like "huh? that's kind of a...lame...title." But naturally, it turned out to be a kickass record, and since then I've become acustomed to the title. "Decemberunderground", however, is a title I loved right away. I'm sure this album won't disappoint.

Vera
03-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Bleh, compared to Art of Drowning, it blows cock. STS is a lame title, agreed, but this one .. dunno, I'll get used to it with time, I'm sure, but I don't know. It seems somewhat pseudo-clever to me.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
03-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Regardless of the degree of lameness for album titles, I don't think it would affect the awesomeness of said album.

The Art Of Drowning and Black Sails In The Sunset are the best album title names they've come up with.

The meaning of life
03-29-2006, 12:04 PM
December Underground, What a lame name....that too suck

HeadAroundU
03-29-2006, 12:27 PM
It's powerfull title but i like it that way. I wonder what does it mean. What's happening under the ground in winter?

What you think about date...6.6.2006, it's 666 and did you know that they were talking about these mysteries for the first time. There is a big meaning behind it.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-13-2006, 12:59 AM
MISS MURDER AUDIO CLIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a 30 second clip. It's different, but not bad. Looking forward to hearing the song in its entirety on Monday.

I'm liking what I've heard so far.

http://www.missmurder.net/missmurder_cliponx96.mp3

The meaning of life
04-13-2006, 01:59 AM
That sound so FUCKING great

noodlesisalliwant
04-13-2006, 04:34 AM
That sounds absolutely AWESOME, thank you so much for sharing that! I can't wait for it to come out! If the album is as good as that clip demonstrated then it should be absolutley fantastic.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-13-2006, 07:53 AM
The logo on their site has changed also. This is what it is now:

http://afiseries.com/ixnayimages/newofficiallogo.jpg

HeadAroundU
04-13-2006, 02:19 PM
oh, it's fantastic! :cool:

noodlesisalliwant
04-13-2006, 03:51 PM
hmmm, i'm liking this new logo and this sample of miss murder...Rock On AFI! :cool: :D

H1T_That
04-13-2006, 05:39 PM
that sounded awesome!..also he gave away that the album will be out on 6/6/06, and he said he'd have the full song being played on monday, so we'll get to hear it then.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-13-2006, 06:17 PM
UPDATE!!!! New song will be premiered TOMORROW!!! Not Monday. YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG Nicky
04-13-2006, 06:43 PM
all right, my day just keeps on getting better, drinks for all!

Song sounds G R E A T !!!

HeadAroundU
04-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Miss Murder
http://www.savefile.com/files/9240893

enjoy! :)

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Miss Murder
http://www.savefile.com/files/9240893

enjoy! :)

Holy shit!! Thank you HeadAroundU!!!!!!! I love you dude.

SuperKnux
04-13-2006, 07:26 PM
Sweetness! Thank you for that.

Slick song.

HeadAroundU
04-13-2006, 07:28 PM
buttsex, please! :D

I think it's not a disappointment. It's fucking cool and I love it!

coke_a_holic
04-13-2006, 07:30 PM
The new song is alright. I dunno, it never really clicked with me, no parts seemed to reallly pop out...

All About Eve
04-13-2006, 08:25 PM
I like it. Not my favorite, but definitely good. I like the new sound.

All About Eve approves.

Zack
04-13-2006, 08:27 PM
i really like only one of there songs

DeAtHsTaR
04-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Is it just me or does Davey sound completely different?

DeAtHsTaR
04-13-2006, 11:59 PM
There's an interview after the song. (http://www.missmurder.net/missmurder_kroq.mp3)

T-6005
04-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Does anyone else feel that if AFI had tried to do something like American Idiot, one of the songs would have sounded like this?

Because I'm getting some AFI vibe, but also a lot of the same vibe I got from that album.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Is it just me or does Davey sound completely different?

Not completely. Different singing style, yes, but I think it's still pretty obvious it's Davey.

coke_a_holic
04-14-2006, 12:23 AM
Does anyone else feel that if AFI had tried to do something like American Idiot, one of the songs would have sounded like this?

Because I'm getting some AFI vibe, but also a lot of the same vibe I got from that album.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I thought the whole thing sounded like they were trying to go in a new direction. Particularly one that I didn't really like. It seemed too...cluttered. I dunno, the vocals were kinda pressed into the background and he sounded muffled. The whole song was iffy for me, but I plan on listening to it a little more, maybe I'll have a better definition after I hear it more.

H1T_That
04-14-2006, 04:48 AM
Wow, i love this song, cant wait for the album now!!

Lars
04-14-2006, 06:25 AM
Well, I hope the rest of the album is much better than this.

First listen, not very impressed.
Second listen, still the same.

Kitten
04-14-2006, 08:06 AM
Not completely. Different singing style, yes, but I think it's still pretty obvious it's Davey.

Sounds like he has done something to his vioce. As for the song, it sounds like a typical rock song to me. Nothing overly different or exciting. Hopefully the rest of the album is better.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-14-2006, 08:09 AM
Well, he did damage his vocal chords when they were touring for Sing The Sorrow, which is why they had to cancel the rest of their dates. He had to rest his voice for awhile, and with had probably had to reteach himself how to sing. After recovering from that, I'd say he sounds pretty good.

All About Eve
04-14-2006, 08:40 AM
To me it sounds almost like they're pulling all of their styles together. You really can't judge by a single, though. Remember Silver and Cold? That was easily the worst song on Sing the Sorrow.

offspring kid
04-14-2006, 08:43 AM
I could bearly hear the 30 second sample so i'll just wait for the complete song
Edited: didnt realise that someone had uploaded the complete version

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-14-2006, 09:02 AM
To me it sounds almost like they're pulling all of their styles together. You really can't judge by a single, though. Remember Silver and Cold? That was easily the worst song on Sing the Sorrow.

Yeah, I remember reading about Davey saying there's some hardcore leanings on the album, and I think the screams almost remind me of SYMAOYE. What's also weird to me is that he actually says the title of the song in the lyrics. In the chorus. That hasn't happened since Answer That And Stay Fashionable. Every so often, there'll be one song that has the title in the lyrics, but it's mostly just mentioned once and typically in the first verse. And does anyone else notice the guitar breakdown sounds "Fall Children"-esque?

All About Eve
04-14-2006, 09:06 AM
I knew it sounded familiar, I guess that's why. It doesn't sound like they're trying to overdo anything, which is the main reason I'm not getting the Green Day vibe.

Edit: The bridge towards the end kind of reminds me of Death of Seasons as well.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-14-2006, 09:12 AM
Yeah I don't get the Green Day vibe either. I kind of felt that way about the 30 second clip, but it was a bit misleading as it was only 30 seconds. I only really got that vibe out of the opening bass line. After the hearing the full song, though, definitely nothing Green Day about it at all.

All About Eve
04-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Especially how they have harmonics and the vocals/whole song aren't totally centered around the singer.

offspring kid
04-14-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm not impressed, but the song is not that bad either. First it sounded a little like greenday but after listening to it several times it's Totaly different then Shity greenday songs :S. Hopefully the rest of the album will be kickass !

my rating for Miss Murder 6\10

All About Eve
04-14-2006, 09:21 AM
I'm not impressed, but the song is not that bad either. First it sounded a little like greenday but after listening to it several times it's Totaly different then Shity greenday songs :S. Hopefully the rest of the album will be kickass !

my rating for Miss Murder 6\10

What you said makes no sense. Not sounding like shitty Green Day songs still leaves open the plenty decent or even good Green Day songs. for it to sound like. And why would you listen to it several times if you thought it sounded shitty at first?

offspring kid
04-14-2006, 09:25 AM
And why would you listen to it several times if you thought it sounded shitty at first?

Cause i knew something is wrong with me. AFI song like Greenday?( from what i read in the posts ) thats not possible. By the way the intro after bass sounds a little bit like cant repeat intro.

All About Eve
04-14-2006, 09:32 AM
There's only half a second of guitar after the bass before vocals..?

offspring kid
04-14-2006, 09:37 AM
There's only half a second of guitar after the bass before vocals..?

haha...yeah i know,but it does sounds like Can't Repeat intro. When the guitarist plays one string and lets it ring for a half second, but in Cant repeat he lets it ring for about 3-4 seconds.

offspring kid
04-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Was the new afi album due 6th june ?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Yes. New album June 6th.

I'm very satisfied with this new song. I'm sure it'll be my least favorite song on the album, too. Girl's Not Grey was when Sing The Sorrow came out.

HeadAroundU
04-14-2006, 11:03 AM
I guess there couldn't be a better single. It's perfect in every single way. :)

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-14-2006, 11:39 AM
It really is the strongest single AFI has ever put out. I'm listening to Miss Murder and I'm going back to listen to Leaving Song pt. II, Girl's Not Grey, and even, yes, Days Of The Phoenix, and those songs just seem pretty weak in comparison to the new single. They aren't bad by any means, but as I've always felt, I feel that this new album will top Sing The Sorrow. Each time they release something new, I feel it's their best work yet.

I don't know if I feel this way just because it's a new song, and I've heard all the other songs so much that they don't nearly have a big of an impact as a new song would, but I seriously feel that this is their best single yet. And usually, their first singles end up being the weakest song on the album. If this song is the weakest song on the new album, then Decemberunderground is going to kick some serious ass.

BIG Nicky
04-14-2006, 11:45 AM
It really is the strongest single AFI has ever put out. I'm listening to Miss Murder and I'm going back to listen to Leaving Song pt. II, Girl's Not Grey, and even, yes, Days Of The Phoenix, and those songs just seem pretty weak in comparison to the new single. They aren't bad by any means, but as I've always felt, I feel that this new album will top Sing The Sorrow. Each time they release something new, I feel it's their best work yet.

I don't know if I feel this way just because it's a new song, and I've heard all the other songs so much that they don't nearly have a big of an impact as a new song would, but I seriously feel that this is their best single yet. And usually, their first singles end up being the weakest song on the album. If this song is the weakest song on the new album, then Decemberunderground is going to kick some serious ass.
*Cheers!*

Award winning speech.

T-6005
04-14-2006, 12:01 PM
I knew it sounded familiar, I guess that's why. It doesn't sound like they're trying to overdo anything, which is the main reason I'm not getting the Green Day vibe.
I don't know how your missing it. The vocal melody in the chorus, the drums (especially the drums). It's not a Green Day song, but it definitely sounds like it would be on AFI's version of American Idiot.

All About Eve
04-14-2006, 12:04 PM
No, it really doesn't. They're not leeching off of anything, they're not conveying some message, they're not focusing it around Davey, they're just putting together styles they've played before in an attempt to create somehting a little new.

Lars
04-14-2006, 12:08 PM
I don't know how your missing it. The vocal melody in the chorus, the drums (especially the drums). It's not a Green Day song, but it definitely sounds like it would be on AFI's version of American Idiot.
I can see what you mean with that. I don't really want to 'drop' something out here, but y'know, labels etc... Write something like American Idiot. Lawyers etc... sitting around telling you to mix an album like this or like that.... True stories of the music biz. I can't say anything like that happened with AFI.

Who produced this album? Could provide a bit of insight into it as well.
I guess we'll have to wait to hear other songs before anything can really be judged anyway.

offspring kid
04-14-2006, 01:40 PM
I've listened to miss murder to more than 20 times in a row in the last 2 hours :eek:

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Jerry Finn produced Decemberunderground.

offspring kid
04-14-2006, 01:44 PM
Jerry Finn produced Decemberunderground.

Decemberunderground ?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Decemberunderground ?

That's the name of the new AFI album.

offspring kid
04-14-2006, 01:47 PM
That's the name of the new AFI album.

Nice, Jerry Finn ehh ? Now i'm pretty sure the album is gonna kickass!!!! :cool:

HeadAroundU
04-14-2006, 04:17 PM
drum beat and hey hey shouts are greendayish, that's the fact!

I don't know
04-15-2006, 03:04 PM
miss murder is a cool song, but I didn't like it much, I'm kinda disappointed, I thought miss murder would be better. Davey's voice is very different too, it was better before

Nood!es
04-15-2006, 03:18 PM
Does anyone have an MP3 theyd be willing to upload? I cant find one. The one Im trying to download on Morpheus is being a little bitch.

Nood!es
04-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Nevermind. Its working. Sounds great!

I don't know
04-15-2006, 03:24 PM
you can listen to it on myspace, but I think in this thread there's a link to listen to it, just look for it here

DeAtHsTaR
04-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Any bassists here that have tabbed out the intro? I'm trying to figure it out.

Apathy
04-15-2006, 08:21 PM
I've been having some trouble with it... I tried the first time I heard it. Usually I am quite good at tabbing things out... but for some reason I seem to be stuck. I am fairly sure he is on the A string. Either my bass is out of tune, or he's not in standard tuning.

noodlesisalliwant
04-16-2006, 05:01 AM
Just listened to the full song on Myspace and it sounds awesome, although Davey's got a kinda different voice or singing style, still good though, suites the song.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-16-2006, 06:22 AM
The only difference between the radio edit and the album version is that the breakdown is a few seconds longer on the album version.

For those worried about Davey's voice: Don't.

He said on this album he experimented with a much wider range of vocalization. So on some songs he's going to sound deeper than ever before, and on others perhaps even higher than ever before. And of course those inbetween.

Personally, I love his voice on "Miss Murder". I've always tried to sing AFI songs, but could never do it because my voice is so low. With this song, I can actually match his range.

black_dust
04-16-2006, 11:17 AM
I've been having some trouble with it... I tried the first time I heard it. Usually I am quite good at tabbing things out... but for some reason I seem to be stuck. I am fairly sure he is on the A string. Either my bass is out of tune, or he's not in standard tuning.
Its dropped half a step just like all the sing the sorrow songs (apart from the leaving song II)

Jakebert
04-16-2006, 11:21 AM
I was kind of disappointed by Miss Murder. Oh well, I'm sure the rest of the album will be good.

Lithuanian Offspring
04-16-2006, 12:22 PM
It doesn't sound like Davey Havok!!

jacknife737
04-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Its great, which is strange considering i hated anything off of sorrow.

DeAtHsTaR
04-16-2006, 12:36 PM
Work it out yet?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-16-2006, 01:48 PM
On the AFI boards, when a fan expressed a bit of worry about the direction of album judging by Miss Murder and asked what the other songs are like, Hunter said that "all of the other songs are either grindcore or miami sound machine-esque".

Take that as you will.

I, for one, am very interested.

Apathy
04-16-2006, 01:53 PM
Work it out yet?

Nope, I've started on a new song instead.

The song isn't interesting enough that I can't wait for it to be realesed and just read it off of mxtabs or something.

Lithuanian Offspring
04-16-2006, 01:58 PM
On the AFI boards, when a fan expressed a bit of worry about the direction of album judging by Miss Murder and asked what the other songs are like, Hunter said that "all of the other songs are either grindcore or miami sound machine-esque".

Take that as you will.

I, for one, am very interested.
I agree, this sounds pretty interesting. The song is pretty kickass.

Vera
04-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Anyone wanna upload it & then PM me the download link?

Thanks.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-17-2006, 01:59 PM
There's a file somewhere here in this thread. AFI also just put it up on their myspace. Theirs is the album version so it'll be in better sound quality.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-17-2006, 02:06 PM
I believe this might be it (the bass intro):

G|----------6-----4------------|
D|---6-------------------------|
A|-------4---0-2----0----------|
E|-4---0---------------222222-|

but tuned down half a step.

Danboy_88_No_Hero
04-17-2006, 03:27 PM
I was happy to hear miss murder from my mate but wasn't impressed at first, it grew on me but I hope December Underground isn't completely like this its a bit like a him/greenday crossover slightly, Hunter rocks in the song i will say that :D

Vera
04-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Feeling excited and yet slightly bleh about it.

Miss Murder feels like a song that is catchy and nice right now but will wear out very soon. :/

offspring kid
04-18-2006, 02:02 PM
New designs on the Afi hompage
for the people who are really weak www.afireinside.net

alistair13
04-18-2006, 02:32 PM
even before hearing the entire song, i got kind of bored of miss murder. if the rest of the album is like they said it would be, then i can't wait, though.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-18-2006, 07:44 PM
even before hearing the entire song, i got kind of bored of miss murder. if the rest of the album is like they said it would be, then i can't wait, though.

I really think the bridge is the best part.

I know for a fact that Miss Murder will probably be the one song I skip over on this album. It will pretty much be the Girl's Not Grey of Decemberunderground.

Vera
04-19-2006, 05:04 AM
ShutUp - Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. The single song you skip.

Hehehe, like the new layout. Bunnies!

Lithuanian Offspring
04-19-2006, 06:45 AM
I think that Davey Havok has finally reached puberty....

Vera
04-19-2006, 06:50 AM
Heaven forbid that he should use his voice differently!

bouncingcoles
04-19-2006, 11:39 AM
i heard it. personally i think the songs is pretty lame. it sounds just like pop crap. its a shame AFI has gone down that road.

HeadAroundU
04-19-2006, 12:06 PM
It's not pop-crap. I'm never gonna skip it.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-19-2006, 12:17 PM
You can't deny that it's a pop song, but I don't really think it's lame. I still believe it is the strongest 'single' they've put out, but I also believe it will the absolute weakest song on the new album and will most likely skip it when the cd comes out.

All the haters shouldn't be so quick to judge. You really cannot tell the direction of an entire album based on one song. I read there will be something that should please old-school fans, so just wait, you guys.

I'm pretty sure I'll like it no matter what, because I've liked everything AFI has put out, but just saying, don't judge a book by its cover.

HeadAroundU
04-20-2006, 10:13 AM
I like pop. I don't see any reason to skip it. It has even hardcore moment!

AFI and The offspring are half mainstream (better to say major label) and half underground bands. They should be respected because it's fucking hard to do music for both sides!

Bouncingcoles is thru punx who is fucking jealous.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-20-2006, 10:42 PM
I like pop. I don't see any reason to skip it. It has even hardcore moment!

Well me too. Don't get me wrong, I love the song, it's just I have this feeling that Miss Murder is going to get its ass kicked by the other songs on the album. By the time the album comes out, which for all you UK people its May 29th goddamnit, I will have probably heard Miss Murder too much and it won't have that same effect on me. I'd be more anxious to hear other songs, and these other songs will probably most likely kick ass. I really really wanna hear "Endlessly, She Said". The way AFI talks about that song just makes me so eager to hear it. The way they described it makes it seem like it'll be "The Despair Factor" or "Death Of Seasons" to Decemberunderground. Awesome.

HeadAroundU
04-21-2006, 06:36 AM
no problem....I'm just retarded, I even love "Silver and cold" and "Girls not grey".

29th May, isn't it leaked already?!? :)

offspringer24
04-21-2006, 07:00 AM
afi are no longer any good!

Kitten
04-21-2006, 09:03 AM
afi are no longer any good!

Way to go with the insightful argument....

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-21-2006, 09:08 AM
no problem....I'm just retarded, I even love "Silver and cold" and "Girls not grey".

29th May, isn't it leaked already?!? :)

I'm willing to bet it'll probably be leaked within the next couple of weeks.

You sure are impatient, it's only a month away! :)

bouncingcoles
04-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Bouncingcoles is thru punx who is fucking jealous.[/QUOTE]

im what?

bouncingcoles
04-21-2006, 12:10 PM
im not saying the whole album is going to suck. but the new song is poppy just like girls not grey which i found pretty lame. sure offspring makes some poppy songs as singles like hit that and pretty fly but im hoping there next album doesnt have any of those poppy shit songs too. i was hoping instead of making another song like girls not grey AFI were going to make something a bit different. but there is still hope for the rest of the album to be good.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-23-2006, 09:47 AM
http://afiseries.com/ixnayimages/Cover_Decemberu_300RGB_original.jpg

I guess that's what the album cover looks like. Don't know if it's official or not, though.

Jakebert
04-23-2006, 10:03 AM
im not saying the whole album is going to suck. but the new song is poppy just like girls not grey which i found pretty lame. sure offspring makes some poppy songs as singles like hit that and pretty fly but im hoping there next album doesnt have any of those poppy shit songs too. i was hoping instead of making another song like girls not grey AFI were going to make something a bit different. but there is still hope for the rest of the album to be good.

OMG POP IS THE SUXXORS!!!

As for the album cover, I really, really hope that isn't the actual cover. I mean come on, bunny rabbits arn't dark!

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-23-2006, 10:22 AM
I actually think it would look just fine without the rabbits. Regardless, I'll still get it.

Jakebert
04-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Yeah, the background is cool, but the rabbits just look kind of dumb. I'll definitely still get it though. Even their worst albums still have enough good songs to be worth the money.

Vera
04-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Quite funny, actually.. Bunnywabbits!

Either AFI aren't taking themselves too seriously or then they absolutely are.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Yeah, its probably their worst album cover yet. Sans the bunnies it'd be gorgeous. However, I've seen worse album covers overall. Hell, I own albums that have worse covers. Alkaline Trio - From Here To Infirmary, anyone?

Still stoked about DU, though.

HeadAroundU
04-23-2006, 11:10 AM
That's fucking cool :cool:
Large size - 3722 x 3000 pixels - 1.88 MB (http://www.absolutepunk.net/gallery/files/1/0/8/3/Photo_Decemberu_300RGB_original.jpg)

Endymion
04-23-2006, 11:11 AM
rabbits can be pretty fucking awesome. anyone seen david lynch's Rabbits tv show thingy w/ naomi watts?

i think the cover looks fine. better than the song, anyway.

HeadAroundU
04-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Rabbits are cute and I like a cover.

Vera
04-23-2006, 11:45 AM
I think it's funny but not necessarily bad. Just amusing.

Adam is so hot. Maaaan.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-23-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm not saying it's bad, either. Just every other cover is better.

Wait. Now that I think of it, STS has a worse cover than this.

The bunnies looked cooler when it was smaller. I like the bunnies, it just doesn't look as good on the cover as it does for the site for some reason.

I LOVE that promo photo though.

sneedo
04-23-2006, 03:13 PM
this new single is so fucking contrived and pussy.. what have they become?

HeadAroundU
04-23-2006, 03:55 PM
They are major label band. What did you expect?

Nood!es
04-23-2006, 06:48 PM
this new single is so fucking contrived and pussy.. what have they become?
How is it pussy?

Endymion
04-23-2006, 07:32 PM
How is it pussy?
have you heard it? i'm assuming mr. sneed means 'pussy' in the sense that the song isn't even remote hard. hard in the 'they use to be hardcore but gave up on that for whatever reason years ago' sense.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-24-2006, 01:46 AM
have you heard it? i'm assuming mr. sneed means 'pussy' in the sense that the song isn't even remote hard. hard in the 'they use to be hardcore but gave up on that for whatever reason years ago' sense.

I'm willing to bet the entire record isn't going to be weighted on the style Miss Murder is in. STS as a whole wasn't a thing like Girl's Not Grey. Davey said that there would be some "surprises" on the record and Hunter described a bit of it leaning towards grindcore.

Endymion
04-24-2006, 02:05 AM
I'm willing to bet the entire record isn't going to be weighted on the style Miss Murder is in. STS as a whole wasn't a thing like Girl's Not Grey. Davey said that there would be some "surprises" on the record and Hunter described a bit of it leaning towards grindcore.
i highly doubt they could pull off grindcore. i'll give it a listen, though.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-24-2006, 05:22 AM
Yeah, I don't know about that either. I really can't make any judgements because I haven't heard any of it yet. I'm sure whatever "grindcore" songs, if any, are on here won't be 100% grindcore. Moreso just using grindcore elements. I guess we'll see, though.

Danboy_88_No_Hero
04-24-2006, 01:54 PM
I know about that whole hidden message in sts about the rabbit and the song "Rabbits are roadkill on route37" but I thought they would adopt a new idea rather than stick with the rabbit thing.

Is it true that the Find the 5 flowers leaded to a woman in a mall issuing tickets to see afi play every song in a private club? :confused:

Lithuanian Offspring
04-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Heaven forbid that he should use his voice differently!
Yes, the whole point of AFI was that Havok had a girly voice and it was still really cool. But now, don't get me wrong they make awesome music, that element is gone. :(

DeAtHsTaR
04-24-2006, 09:41 PM
They are major label band. What did you expect?
So is Offspring, ya dumb fuck.

JohnnyNemesis
04-24-2006, 09:45 PM

You KNOW you're an idiot when you try to dump on HAU and he's the one who is right.

What the fuck does Offspring have to do with any of this?

All About Eve
04-24-2006, 09:57 PM
To be fair, I've been noticing slight improvements in HAU.

Vera
04-25-2006, 03:28 AM
Yes, the whole point of AFI was that Havok had a girly voice and it was still really cool. But now, don't get me wrong they make awesome music, that element is gone. :(
It's one song.. And he does do some VERY DH-like screaming in one part of the song. And girly voice? What kind of girls do you folks have in Lithuania?

I won't judge the album until I hear it in full.

Lars
04-25-2006, 04:43 AM
Argh, I realised today that they had tickets for a show at the Electric Ballroom in Camden on sale last week, all sold out now ofcourse. I don't want to go see them in some larger place when they do a proper tour.

RobinoZombie
04-25-2006, 04:50 AM
just me who likes the new song?!
sure its the "oddest" afi song too date. but its still Afi and i dig it.
hoping the record will come out
bands evolve,
just hoping theyll put out some old classics live :D

Vera
04-25-2006, 06:24 AM
Ad on last.fm I saw:

here (http://campaign.indieclick.com/adimage.php?filename=afi_468_signs.gif&contenttype=gif)

lolz Satanism.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-25-2006, 06:38 AM
Argh, I realised today that they had tickets for a show at the Electric Ballroom in Camden on sale last week, all sold out now ofcourse. I don't want to go see them in some larger place when they do a proper tour.

Apparently they played a song called "Kill Caustic" last night. It allegedly had the tempo of an older AFI song, ala Very Proud Of Ya, yet the instrumentation reminiscent of the "Black Sails" era.

I was reading description of the song, and they said it was one of the heaviest AFI songs ever(on the AFI message board). I quickly came over here to see if anyone went to that show that probably would have uploaded the song. Sadly, no. I really wanna hear it. :(

So I guess people shouldn't judge the direction of this album based on Miss Murder. It's said to have stuff that will please old-school fans. Can't wait.

Lars
04-25-2006, 06:49 AM
That's another one of those annoying things. I do audio recordings of most shows I go to, so I could have gotten new songs recorded, granted they're probably playing places before may 25th here.

Little_Miss_1565
04-25-2006, 09:24 AM
I just got the single at the radio station. :D

Vera
04-25-2006, 09:26 AM
I just got the single at the radio station. :D
Rich bitch. What's it look like?

HeadAroundU
04-25-2006, 09:50 AM
No one likes you. Never post again!
*A la Johnny Nemesis style*

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-25-2006, 10:37 AM
I really wanna hear "Kill Caustic". Someone should find it and upload it.

offspring kid
04-25-2006, 12:51 PM
^ I searched for kill caustic on bearshare and this is what i found (05-afi-kill_caustic-lds.mp3) thats the file name but the status is Offline :S
Edited: The file is 1.7 mb and still the status is offline :mad:

WebDudette
04-25-2006, 01:23 PM
I liked it but by no means is it there best single and it seems like a song I would get tired of after hearing it mabey 10 times.

Vera
04-25-2006, 02:12 PM
The song feels so meaningless and empty. Hey Miss Murder, can I take my life?

It reminds me of HIM and shit, rock lyrics written to be cool but with no real meaning or message.

All About Eve
04-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Good things lyrics are the last thing I care about in a song.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Decemberunderground tracklist!

1. Prelude 12/21
2. Kill Caustic
3. Miss Murder
4. Summer Shudder
5. The Interview
6. Love Like Winter
7. Affliction
8. The Missing Frame
9. Kiss and Control
10. The Killing Lights
11. 37mm
12. Endlessly, She Said

coke_a_holic
04-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Way to rip off Rush on the first track...

HeadAroundU
04-25-2006, 08:01 PM
Oh, my goodness! :eek: :cool:
.....fuck yes.....

bouncingcoles
04-25-2006, 08:17 PM

It reminds me of HIM and shit, rock lyrics written to be cool but with no real meaning or message.

i completely agree.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-25-2006, 10:48 PM
Way to rip off Rush on the first track...

Coheed ripped that off more than AFI does here.

12/21 = December 21st? Possibly?

That kinda might tie in with the whole DECEMBERunderground title? I dunno. Just speculation?

DeAtHsTaR
04-25-2006, 11:19 PM
You KNOW you're an idiot when you try to dump on HAU and he's the one who is right.

What the fuck does Offspring have to do with any of this?
Well, he was implying that major label bands suck, yet he actually likes The Offspring. Irony much?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-25-2006, 11:24 PM

Too bad you missed a line in the lyric you stated, which takes away from the meaning in the first place.

"make beauty stay if I" is the line you forgot. Changes it completely if you think about it. And AFI songs never, ever (except in Answer That and Very Proud) had lyrics that stated the obvious. Meanings and messages of AFI songs are usually never straightforward.

Vera
04-26-2006, 12:46 AM
Whooops.

Sorry about that, was tired and kind of annoyed when I typed that up. You're right, I just went through the lyrics and they're not as meaningless as I said.

They still remind me of HIM, though, and that's never a good thing. It's mainly just the chorus, though.

HeadAroundU
04-26-2006, 05:41 AM
Well, he was implying that major label bands suck, yet he actually likes The Offspring. Irony much?
Just fucking die.

HeadAroundU
04-26-2006, 05:52 AM
Don't take our word for it on what the summer's most anticipated disc is going to be. Consider instead the thousands of e-mail messages, message-board postings and MySpace comments we've gotten from readers all over the globe demanding that AP leak them some details, any details, about AFI's follow-up to their 2003 mainstream breakout, Sing the Sorrow. What have we heard? Well, there's the first single, the neo-glam "Miss Murder," which sounds like the bastard offspring of the Smiths' "Panic" and Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll, Part II." "Love Like Winter" approximates the dark post-punk fury of mid-period Killing Joke, and for those of you who need to get your screamo on, "Kill Caustic" should work nicely. Be aware: Pre-release one-off gigs in selected cities are a definite possibility..."

HeadAroundU
04-26-2006, 05:52 AM
The album begins with an intro titled '1221'; sequenced blips, hand-claps, a sweet Havok melody and a choir - like a new-millenium Queen. Then 'Kill Caustic' ups the tempo, with a restless energy, unison vocals and hard-to-decipher screams reminiscent of Thrice or Atreyu. 'Miss Murder' is a heavily produced, rabble-rousing number which is ear-marked as a first single. AFI enlisted members of their fan club to contribute the '"whoah-whoahs" on this track which, like their new material, has a busy and prominent bassline courtesy of Hunter (the band is completed by drummer Adam Carson and guitarist Jade Puget).

'Summer Shudder', with its epic opening and dapples of electronica, is another single contender, while Havok's favourite (and another song likely to end up on radio) 'Love Like Winter' is a high-street post-hardcore which cunningly walks the line between the sound of a live band and a studio concoction. It's an obvious single with its Depeche Mode-ish interjections and lurking piano: Linkin Park for the scruffy kids. This material should bring AFI to the ears of legions of new fans.

'Endlessly She Said' is in 6/8 time, with another prominent bassline - one of the bands most recent compositions and one which came together very easily and organically according to Havok. In contrast 'The Interview', one of tha band's favourites, and 'Affliction', are from the first batch of songs written for what will be a twelve-song record. 'Affliction' will be an in-concert favourite: fast, with spewed vocals, it harkens back to AFI of old.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Whooops.

Sorry about that, was tired and kind of annoyed when I typed that up. You're right, I just went through the lyrics and they're not as meaningless as I said.

They still remind me of HIM, though, and that's never a good thing. It's mainly just the chorus, though.

I can kinda see that. Based on the description of the rest of the album, though, it probably won't be like MM.

I think what makes this song more tolerable than HIM is that Davey Havok is a better singer than that Ville Valo douche. But I can kinda see how one would get the HIM vibe. I still don't see the Green Day vibe, though.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Then 'Kill Caustic' ups the tempo, with a restless energy, unison vocals and hard-to-decipher screams reminiscent of Thrice or Atreyu.

I hate this comparison.

HeadAroundU
04-26-2006, 12:36 PM
o rly?:)

I like "neo-glam" Miss Murder. It fits perfectly.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-26-2006, 01:51 PM
o rly?:)

I like "neo-glam" Miss Murder. It fits perfectly.

Yeah, I agree with that one.

I just hate (new) Thrice and Atreyu. They suck. I don't like AFI being compared to them. Especially when AFI's been around longer.

offspring kid
04-26-2006, 01:58 PM
so has no one found Mp3 file for Kill caustic ?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-26-2006, 02:53 PM
Sadly no.

I really really wanna hear it. By the descriptions I've read it sounds like it'll be awesome.

HeadAroundU
04-26-2006, 03:23 PM
The whole album will be awesome and I know I'm gonna love every single song.

bouncingcoles
04-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Sadly no.

I really really wanna hear it. By the descriptions I've read it sounds like it'll be awesome.

if your talking about the new afi song you can go to there website. its on there

Vera
04-27-2006, 03:38 AM
He's talking about Kill Caustic, tard.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-27-2006, 05:54 AM
if your talking about the new afi song you can go to there website. its on there

Vera's right. I only made this thread over a month ago before the song came out and posted like 30-something comments about the song, but yet I totally have never heard it.

But yeah, I'm talking about Kill Caustic.

Revolver-2005?
04-28-2006, 04:00 PM
http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/afi/missmurder.html

Thank Chuck Norris.

HeadAroundU
04-29-2006, 04:40 PM
kill_caustic_commercial_sample
http://www.savefile.com/files/8488916

Prelude 12/21 Ringtone
http://www.savefile.com/files/3385673

Kill caustic live video (shitty quality)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/en8uer

I can't believe it's not leaked yet. Goddamnit.

Lars
04-29-2006, 04:55 PM
I'm just waiting for you to do it as you seem to be paying enough attention for new songs and such wheras I'm not.

Is the single for Miss Murder going to have album tracks on it? I'm assuming with the love of the UK singles market there'll be two CD versions and a probably 7"

HeadAroundU
04-29-2006, 05:14 PM
Single comes out June 5th and we'll know a tracklisting probably mid May for the single. There is going to be Miss Murder 10".

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-30-2006, 07:35 AM
kill_caustic_commercial_sample
http://www.savefile.com/files/8488916

Prelude 12/21 Ringtone
http://www.savefile.com/files/3385673

Kill caustic live video (shitty quality)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/en8uer

I can't believe it's not leaked yet. Goddamnit.

I'm sure you'll be on top of it when it does. That little bit of Kill Caustic sounded pretty good.

There's a Decemberunderground listening party May 5th in Atlanta, and when the Miss Murder video premieres on MTV May 8th, there's going to be another chance to listen to the full album in NYC. Only the people who are going though will get to listen. :(

Someone will probably leak it shortly after that.

HeadAroundU
04-30-2006, 09:50 AM
I'm giving it 10 days at most. I'm checking eMule, Soulseek and Torrents.
:D

Kill caustic is killer! Lots of screaming, catchy chorus and blasting guitar. Davey seems to be a better singer. Much more confident.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-30-2006, 10:04 AM
If and when it leaks, I've decided I'm only downloading 2 or 3 other songs from it. Just because I want much of the album to be a surprise to me. I'll probably download "Kill Caustic" and "Endlessly, She Said". Maybe "The Interview" as well. That's it, though. It's only a month away. I think I can wait just a little bit longer for new material.

Endlessly, She Said because it was the first song from the album I heard about and I wanna see if there's going to be a hidden song afterwards like AFI has done the past 3 albums.

Vera
04-30-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm not downloading anything, am not that desperate. I'll pre-order it and hopefully get it on the very day it comes out. A little graduation present for myself. :)

Unless my friend downloads and falls in love with some song and just HAS TO share it with me, then I might listen to it before it comes out.

Luriden
04-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Totalimmortal = best AFI song ever.

...and I'm not just saying that because Offspring covered it.

HeadAroundU
04-30-2006, 01:15 PM
/\ I don't believe you. :D

Jakebert
04-30-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm surprised it hasn't leaked yet. Sing the Sorrow leaked really early, and you'd think more people would be trying to get this one leaked.

offspring kid
05-01-2006, 06:24 AM
that little sample of kill caustic sounded Amazing!

I don't know
05-01-2006, 05:30 PM
kill caustic seems to be very good by the sample, it's just amazing, unlike miss murder

offspring kid
05-02-2006, 07:25 AM
I heared Afi covered Kickstart My Heart by Motely Crue can anyone upload it here ?

HeadAroundU
05-02-2006, 08:36 AM
I don't think they did!.......maybe live.......

HeadAroundU
05-02-2006, 08:43 AM
kill caustic live 54 Mb very good quality!
http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A72AD4A11DAE6D29

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Awesome. :D

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-02-2006, 01:42 PM
afiseries.com has a list of listening parties tha people can go to. I might go to the Detroit one. If you pre-order Decemberunderground at one of these events you can get a limited edition CD with an extra song.

HeadAroundU
05-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Actually, you will get the single Miss Murder with non-album track.

coke_a_holic
05-02-2006, 02:37 PM
I would go to Nation (where I've played before :cool: :cool: :cool: ), but it's literally in the heart ghetto of DC. I don't mind being there very much, but I REALLY don't like going there.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-02-2006, 02:40 PM
Actually, you will get the single Miss Murder with non-album track.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry.

HeadAroundU
05-03-2006, 05:11 PM
http://www.loudside.com/bands/?bandID=282
"There's a lot more attention to detail on this record," Jade recalls. "We spent a long time writing it. We refused to rush ourselves. We took our time not just on every song but on each guitar part, each vocal, each bass line. We definitely didn't rush into the studio."

"Plus we had such a huge amount of material written," Adam adds. "Condensing that sheer volume and magnitude down to an album's worth of songs was very difficult. We could have made five different records."

The fruit of this labor is a record that Davey Havok is confident "should break us out of any preconceived genres." And even on a cursory listen, the wealth and diversity of material backs him up from the first note: "Prelude 12/21" is a rhythm/vocal-oriented curveball that differs radically from the customary calls to arms that have opened all AFI albums since Black Sails. From there, DECEMBERUNDERGROUND veers from AFI's first straight-up vintage glam style shuffle on first single "Miss Murder" (complete with backing chants from The Despair Faction) to the stark and stunning soundscape of "Love Like Winter" and the epic suite "The Interview." The longtime AFI faithful need not worry, as DECEMBERUNDERGROUND features more than a fair share of familiar AFI hallmarks, from the slash and burn of "Kill Caustic" and "Affliction" to the balladic finale' "Endlessly, She Said."

HeadAroundU
05-03-2006, 05:14 PM
This is going to be a perfectionistic masterpiece.
*can't wait*

coke_a_holic
05-03-2006, 05:19 PM
I still think Prelude 12/21 sounds like they're ripping of Rush's 2112 Overture. Maybe it's to be ironic or something.

offspring kid
05-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Kill Caustic Live Audio from KFMA Day ( good quality )

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=3014840

Lars
05-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Thanks. What was/is KFMA day?

*edit: in terms of 'recording a live thing from the audience' I've heard much better recordings by people, but its pretty clear to hear the song. Kind of sounds like somone used earbuds instead of real mics.

offspring kid
05-06-2006, 07:19 AM

I myself don't have a clue about KFMA day, the file i downloaded said KFMA DAY.

Placebo14
05-07-2006, 07:05 AM
I quite like it.
It's very catchy.

HeadAroundU
05-07-2006, 10:29 AM
I have a non-album track leak. It's Inxs cover "Don't change". It's very mellow.

black_dust
05-07-2006, 12:26 PM
I have a non-album track leak. It's Inxs cover "Don't change". It's very mellow.
Fancy putting it up for download then?

HeadAroundU
05-07-2006, 01:55 PM
AFI - Don't Change (INXS Cover)
http://www.savefile.com/files/7717757
:)

Little_Miss_1565
05-07-2006, 02:14 PM
I don't know what some of you are complaining about--"Miss Murder" is pretty rad.

Thomas
05-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Kill Caustic Live Audio from KFMA Day ( good quality )

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=3014840
haha. KFMA day was here in Tucson. I didn't go to the show, though. The tickets were $45. =P

Thomas
05-07-2006, 02:49 PM

It's a local festival here in Tucson. The local radio station, KFMA, hosts it every year. They usually get 5 or 6 bands to play and one or two headliners. THis year, the headliner was The Strokes, but AFI, Rock Kills Kid, The Cult, and some other bands played. A few years ago, The Offspring headlined the show, but I missed it. I have been kicking myself since. :mad:

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-07-2006, 04:26 PM

That sounds pretty.

Well, the first listening parties happened....anyone have any other songs from the album?

black_dust
05-08-2006, 05:17 AM

SuperKnux
05-08-2006, 05:39 AM
Yeah, thanks for that man.

I hope I can count on this thread of late breaking AFI mp3s more. You've been doing such a good job, I'm constantly having to refer to this thread. Funny how I have to resort to an Offspring Board for AFI mp3s.

The AFI board has to many stict rules, it's stupid you can't even disscuss most of AFI's new songs until official release.

HeadAroundU
05-08-2006, 05:57 PM
No problem. I'm glad that it's useful.

Yeah....the people from the AFI board are pussies.

ok here is the official Miss Murder video: 24Mb
http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=361A9328774B39DA

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-08-2006, 06:10 PM
No problem. I'm glad that it's useful.

Yeah....the people from the AFI board are pussies.

ok here is the official Miss Murder video: 24Mb
http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=361A9328774B39DA

Thanks. Couldn't watch it via MTV.

FrancoDaHui
05-08-2006, 06:51 PM
i can't open the fucking file!!!! goddammit!!

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-08-2006, 10:04 PM
If you can't view it, it's on youtube now.

I like the video. It's neat.

Little_Miss_1565
05-08-2006, 10:14 PM
A strangely involved and complexly detailed video for such a simple song. But anyway. Davery fucking Havok is definitely my favorite drag queen.

Vera
05-09-2006, 03:15 AM
Wow, what an oddly complex video. The bunnies remain a mystery.

I fucking want those AFI banners, though. I could put them on my walls and just stare all friggin' day long. Okay, not, but still, Łbercool.

I hate Davey's hair, though. It makes me go WTF.

FrancoDaHui
05-09-2006, 06:56 AM
wow, thanks man

and davey is so fucking ugly

IAmARevenant
05-09-2006, 07:39 AM
I acually thought Miss Murder was kind of a good song when I heard it on the internet. But then AFI has to go ahead and ruin a good song with a bad video which just makes Davey look more gay than ever(if that's possible).

For all the STS fans, do yourself a favor and buy, at least a used copy, of Answer That And Stay Fasionable, their first and best CD to date.

HeadAroundU
05-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Just accept the fact that they are changing with every album or leave this band alone. It seem like it's gonna be better for you. It's a suffering for you. If not, stop crying.

I don't know
05-09-2006, 12:27 PM
the video is kinda cool

Davery fucking Havok is definitely my favorite drag queen.
hehe, that made me laugh so fucking hard,hehehe :D

BIG Nicky
05-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Is he like giving some sort of speech,....reminded me of Hitler.

IAmARevenant
05-10-2006, 07:14 AM
Just accept the fact that they are changing with every album or leave this band alone. It seem like it's gonna be better for you. It's a suffering for you. If not, stop crying.

Oh, FINALLY! You say something to be besides "No one likes you" And I aint cryin. I'm just terribly angry at AFI for taking this route.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-11-2006, 06:44 AM
Track-by-track analysis by Davey Havok from Kerrang:

PRELUDE 12/21
This is the introduction to the album. Itís really exciting for me to have this because I was wary of doing one at all, but we decided to take on the challenge. Itís definitely very different from any one weíve done before. It has a presence and a very large, cinematic feel to it, yet itís somewhat intimate as well. Itís very striking.

KILL CAUSTIC
This is a hardcore song. Actually, itís the one hardcore song on the record. Itís really fun to play Ė itís got a little two-step part and a breakdown part. Itís great because itís got ties to our past and that community, which is definitely a huge part of us, which makes it a personal stand-out track.

MISS MURDER
This is the first single. This one is in a time signature that weíve never worked in before and itís got a swing fell going on. Itís also got a grimey, rockíníroll vibe to it. Ronan Harris from VNV Nation [London electronic synthpop duo] helped us out on programming parts.

SUMMER SHUDDER
This is a very anthemic, catchy song. It also really reminds me of Quicksand [influential New York post-hardcore band] in the groove. Itís very melodic.

THE INTERVIEW
This song is the bandís favourite on the record. Itís a very intimate, moody, cold pop song. It has quite a dark feel to it, but again has a big anthemic chorus.

LOVE LIKE WINTER
This is a song thatís unlike anything that weíve done before, which is very exciting for us. Itís very unique. Itís based on this very focused loop that runs throughout the song and opens up into a chorus that some people whoíve heard it say is so 80s it makes them want to grow their hair back out! Iím not sure I get that vibe but it has a very arena rock feel to it. It includes some of my favourite lyrics on the record. I definitely have enough going on with me personally that I can be inspired to write!

AFFLICTION
This is definitely the most relentless song on the record. Itís very brutal and very aggressive pretty much non-stop all the way through, with a brief moment of Black Sabbath and Melvins met with some very rich backing vocals. The women that did the vocals were fantastic Ė very soulful and talented. If thereís some slamming to be done in the mosh pit, itíll be to this song.

THE MISSING FRAME
This is the first song in quite some time that has Ďwhoaís on it! Itís the only song on ĎDecemberundergroundí that does. The last record was virtually bereft of Ďwhoaís. For a while our albums were laden with them and then we didnítí do them any more, but theyíre back on this song! For whatever thatís worth! This song has a protopunk vibe to the verse and thereíre some definite U2 moments to it too.. I love it.

KISS AND CONTROL
This is a really dark, dramatic song. Itís very moody and has an aggressive yet melodic chorus. I was really proud that this made the record because Iím really happy with the lyrics. People have said that they sound like a stream of consciousness but by no means did I intend that. Theyíre very pointed in my mind! TheyíreÖ letís just say that theyíre very colourful and leave it at that!

THE KILLING LIGHTS
This is a very catchy, bold pop song. Itís really melodic and has a nice piano outro that I really like.

37MM
This is definitely a stand-out track. Itís the one that people are like ďthis is my favourite songĒ or just say ďwhat is that?!Ē. Itís virtually a synthpop song. Itís very loop-based and melodic. Itís very different.

ENDLESSLY, SHE SAID
This is also another band favourite. Itís very dark and emotional and has a very intimate, personal feel to it. Itís a great way to close the record.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-11-2006, 07:14 AM
A detailed description of the album from one of the afiseries board members who went to a listening party:

When Davey described the album as "cold" and "detached," he hit the nail on the head. There are a lot of electronic parts. It's probably too early to say this, but I'm almost certain it's my favorite AFI album. A lot of the song lyrics I could discern seem to be interrelated and refer to other songs. Davey's voice has greatly improved - both his singing and his screaming. I tried writing a song-by-song description, but then I realized my descriptions were so vague that most people who read them would probably get the completely wrong idea from them. Here are a few things I specifically remember though:

Summer Shudder has a catchy chorus that really struck an emotional vibe in me.

The Interview is an amazing AMAZING song with an organ part at the end. The lyrics that you have from The Interview are sung during that organ part. The song has a lot of electronic parts, if I remember correctly.

Love Like Winter is mostly electronic. At the beginning, there are some lyrics about it being December every day and if you press your lips against these frozen sculptures you'll want to stay. I think I remember the word "flood" being repeated. This is definately one of my favorites.

Affliction is mostly screaming. At the end (either as part of the same song or as the next track) there's an instrumental electronic part with what sounds like an answering machine message at the end.

Kiss and Control (or at least I think it's K&C - I lost count of the tracks here) is one of my favorite songs on the CD. There's a powerful spoken word part towards the end where Davey says something about burning like stars. It sent chills up my spine. The chorus is also very powerful and alternates between singing and screaming.

The Killing Lights is a catchy rock song with interesting lyrics that I interpreted as having something to do with trying so hard to live up to what the other person in a relationship wants you to be. I think one of the lines is "Am I beautiful? Am I useable?"

37mm - very VERY interesting lyrics. Something like "I'd tell you my secret if I thought you'd believe it. And if you did, then you'd fall just like me. Would you fall into me?" That could be WAY off, but that's what I heard. The song is very emotional, seems to have religious references, and is very appropriate for a 2nd-to-last song.

Endlessly, She Said - In my opinion, the best song on the CD. The chorus is "'I'll wait for you,' she said, 'Endlessly'" and is unbelievably emotional. I remember some really cool guitar riffs in this song. The last time Davey sings the chorus, there are bg vocals and it's really epic. Davey's screaming at the end of this song is probably the most emotional screaming he's ever done. The last word he sings on the song is "endlessly" but the way he sings it is chilling - it's almost feminine. I can't stress enough how amazing this song is, especially Davey's vocals at the end.

Vera
05-11-2006, 07:28 AM
I'm thinking you should move those posts into a new topic, so we can have an album discussion apart from the discussion on Miss Murder the song & the video.

Maybe titled "AFI - Decemberunderground" ?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-11-2006, 07:35 AM
I'm thinking you should move those posts into a new topic, so we can have an album discussion apart from the discussion on Miss Murder the song & the video.

Maybe titled "AFI - Decemberunderground" ?

Yeah, I've been thinking about doing that for a little while. Talk only about Miss Murder the song and the video here from now on, people.

RobinoZombie
05-11-2006, 03:53 PM

thanx!:D
any other afi leaks are welcome:)

- -Lauren- -
05-15-2006, 05:58 PM
I bought Miss Murder on Saturday. Talk about addicting. I listened to it 22 times in a row.

Yatesy
05-16-2006, 02:23 AM
I've only heard Miss Murder recently and I have to say, it's great.