PDA

View Full Version : Favorite School Subject

Nina
03-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Choose your favorite subject.
Why? Because it hasnt been made as a poll before. And like this you *have* to choose one (in case you actually do the poll). weeh?

el_monkey
03-15-2006, 08:52 AM
english

I love this language

clokey43
03-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Physics is most definatly my favourite subject. Cant really explain why I just really enjoy studying it.

Paint_It_Black
03-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Bah, you didn't make it public.

I chose English, even though I would actually prefer History these days. Back when I had classes I always found English easy and quite enjoyable.

killer_queen
03-15-2006, 09:08 AM
Physics. No maths. These days it's chemistry and I always loved history. Of course we have Turkish instead of English, I like it too. Philosophy is cool (teacher is kinda hawt). Man, I'm such a nerd and I can't decide. But let's say physics.

Nina
03-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Haha WHOA, that's a lot of subjects you like.
I'd love all subjects if it wasnt for the teachers.

Paint_It_Black
03-15-2006, 09:14 AM
I'd love all subjects if it wasnt for the teachers.

Oh, I don't mind teachers generally. It's the getting up in the morning, studying and taking tests that I don't like. And making notes. And doing homework.

wheelchairman
03-15-2006, 09:16 AM
I don't like any of my classes. Thank God school ends forever in the beginning of May.

demon_slayer
03-15-2006, 09:26 AM
i am all about the arts

wheelchairman
03-15-2006, 09:29 AM
i am all about the arts
that explains your creative lack of capitals and punctuations

Vera
03-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Out of those, Philosophy. English class was never fun because at some point it was too easy.

Rocky-girl
03-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Of course, English! It's my favourite, I never get tired of it. And now I start to like Maths, it's so interesting! Some time ago I couldn't say that I would choose a profession where I need Maths, but now I think that it'll be the first subject.

JohnnyNemesis
03-15-2006, 09:43 AM
English, Sociology, and Anthropology are my favorites.

offspring fan
03-15-2006, 09:45 AM
i like art best... just sit and draw cartoons.

T-6005
03-15-2006, 09:47 AM
In high school, it was English. Here, I think it's Professional Writing (so English, really), or Anthropology.

Endymion
03-15-2006, 10:20 AM
that explains your creative lack of capitals and punctuations
hey now

anyway... recently my favorite has been computer science (SCIENCE, not software engineering--i'm talking theory of computation, algorithmic information theory, complexity theory, etc), physics and math.

Jojan
03-15-2006, 10:23 AM
I'd vote for math and physics if possible, but I just voted math.

Rocky-girl
03-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Oh, I haven't Sociology in school, it's a part of Society. And it's my favourite part.

killer_queen
03-15-2006, 11:46 AM
Sociology? Anthropology? *jealous* I'll die as a sad person. :(

the_GoDdEsS
03-15-2006, 12:04 PM
I would have put Languages.

Anyway, I've always loved languages but since the language classes in high school were worthless my favourite subject was Philosophy.

And at uni it was definitely English 20th Century Literature, German Rhetorics and a special Oscar Wilde analysis course.

Tired_Of_You
03-15-2006, 12:05 PM
My favourite subjects aren't on the poll which are anthropology and sociology.

On the poll, that'd be history, although I enjoy philosophy pretty much.

edit : I realised I'm going to have another sociology class next year! :)

Nirushika6789
03-15-2006, 12:07 PM
English...but there was no ICT there

It is my real favourite but english is a close 2nd

platinumpt
03-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Anything but languages in my case. I'll go with physics.

Rufus
03-15-2006, 01:08 PM
Either Chemistry or Physics I hate English what is the point of studying poems?

igniton/pyro
03-15-2006, 01:10 PM
what a bunch of computer nerds. im the only one that voted for gym.

sk8ter-hater
03-15-2006, 01:14 PM
I prefer math, it's interesting.
But it's not like I have much of a choice, I haven't taken half of those classes since I'm a freshman.
I like history, as well. English is hard.. well, the hardest.

coke_a_holic
03-15-2006, 01:23 PM
I have more fun doing English writing and readings, but we haven't been doing much fun stuff in English class since we finished 1984.

Plumey
03-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Chemistry is the central science. Or something like that. I dunno. I think the real reason I like it is because it's easy.

0r4ng3
03-15-2006, 01:30 PM
Anything with computers would be my favorite. This year, it's Graphic Design.

Why isn't lunch on the poll?

MindlessSelfIndulgent
03-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Teh artz.

Oooooor, these days I'm actually sick of it. So, maybe english.

HeadAroundU
03-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Gym Class

Then Math, English, Chemistry......

Mota Boy
03-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Choose your favorite subject.
Why? Because it hasnt been made as a poll before. And like this you *have* to choose one (in case you actually do the poll). weeh?
Hah, you didn't have either of my choices - Political Science & Foreign Languages.

the_GoDdEsS
03-15-2006, 02:35 PM
I hated PE and gym classes. Hated.

Mota Boy
03-15-2006, 02:38 PM
what a bunch of computer nerds. im the only one that voted for gym.
That's pretty ironic, considering how bloated your face appears in your avatar.

Mota Boy
03-15-2006, 02:38 PM
That's pretty ironic, considering how fucking hot you look in your avatar.

0r4ng3
03-15-2006, 02:39 PM
That's pretty ironic, considering how bloated your face appears in your avatar.
Well, obviously it's because lunch wasn't a choice on the poll.

killer_queen
03-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Gym classes suck. I've never understood why girls love wearing fancy sport clothes and playing volleyball with loud screams.
I also hated music lessons. Think about being in a class full of students who are trying to learn how to read. It was like that for me.

pyromaniac
03-15-2006, 02:46 PM
philosopy class for me,
i've always been interested. :)

the_GoDdEsS
03-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Gym classes suck. I've never understood why girls love wearing fancy sport clothes and playing volleyball with loud screams.
I also hated music lessons. Think about being in a class full of students who are trying to learn how to read. It was like that for me.

I hated volleyball to death. And the girls who were obsessive about it. I always refused to play.

0r4ng3
03-15-2006, 02:57 PM
I really liked volleyball, whenever we played in gym class. The girls never really got obsessed, they would just stay in the back, chatting, and would dodge the ball whenever it would come near them.

Tired_Of_You
03-15-2006, 03:05 PM
I hate volleyball too. I received the stupid ball in my face the last time I played. I also hate badminton. For some reason, that's what I have to do in my pe class for the whole term. When it's only for fun it's not that bad, but some people take it too seriously.

anthropology friday... :) that's much better.

Rag Doll
03-15-2006, 03:57 PM
my favorites are anything political science & law (some women's studies too). but on your list, i'd go with history. =)

All About Eve
03-15-2006, 04:03 PM
I think Philosophy would be fun, and I'm taking a creative writing elective next year, which should be awesome (it's the first year they'll have it), but Freshmen English is boring. Right now I'd have to say Latin is my favorite, although it isn't on the poll.

barangatang
03-15-2006, 04:20 PM
History. I'm big on the middle ages. Right now we're doing venice.

""We wed thee, oh sea, in token of true and lasting dominion "

Mr. Noodles
03-15-2006, 04:23 PM
i like art best... just sit and draw cartoons.
Me too.
I have art class tomorrow! :D

Sunny
03-15-2006, 04:56 PM
biology. chemistry was a second favorite.

art classes blew ass. :[ puh.

nitropenguin!
03-15-2006, 05:05 PM
Psychology, I'm definitely loving that class. It's really Anthropology/Psych/Sociology but in sections. I totally bombed Anthro which is odd. A lot of it was similar to History and I'm usually very good at memorizing timelines, names and dates 'til my head goes numb but not this year. Psych bumped my grade up 15%.

Visual Arts would be in a clean second. It's always been first because I'm a pretty talented artist but I've noticed I've never really absolutely enjoyed doing it. One should enjoy something they're good at... right? =/

T-6005
03-15-2006, 05:06 PM
Am I the only one who loved PE aside from whathisretardedface? I thought it rocked. It was so much fun, an easy A, and I was good at it.

Still, it just never entered my head as a subject. And I still preferred English to it.

Iddy
03-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Biology and Art

Anya82
03-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Art, Chemistry, Physics, Math

in that order

nieh
03-15-2006, 05:12 PM
I voted Biology. I find it interesting and my teachers were awesome.

Are you one of those girls that gets personally offended when someone on your team throws the ball at you if you're wide open because no one bothers to cover you because you haven't taken more than 2 steps the whole game? I HATED those girls! *hate*

Paint_It_Black
03-15-2006, 06:05 PM
I forgot to mention Psychology, which was easily my favourite subject in college.

PE was pretty fun sometimes. Especially when it was the last class on a friday afternoon. Just finish off the week by running around or whatever. Plus, there was this one girl in my class with ENORMOUS breasts that bounced magnificently whenever she ran.

Nicole
03-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Biology was my favourite. Followed by the social sciences like history. In both cases the techers I had were usually enthusiastic about what they were doing and always went deeper than the curriculum and could explain things properly.

Biology class was also a huge factor in choosing what to study at uni.

BIG Nicky
03-15-2006, 06:47 PM
i like history and english since i travel between the USA and England all the time

Endymion
03-15-2006, 06:50 PM
for all the people that said physics--are we talking touchy-feely strictly algebra at the most level physics, or real physics?

ThrashedThrasher
03-15-2006, 07:09 PM
English

It kind of sucks this year though mainly because I've let my teacher get away with having singled me out and such. Otherwise, I love English. Reading and writing and all other fun components of the subject come easily and naturally for me so...Hopefully the same teacher won't be teaching Honors 10 next year O.o

Other than English I also enjoy my Strength and Conditioning class (PE/Gym) as well as Engine Repair and Metals/Woods. Yay.

Andy
03-15-2006, 07:17 PM
It was a tough choice between English and History. English prevailed thanks to the miserable two years I had doing History A-Levels.

for all the people that said physics--are we talking touchy-feely strictly algebra at the most level physics, or real physics?
I don't know why, but that comment has made my night

barangatang
03-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Am I the only one who loved PE aside from English to it.
I loved it too. I don't count it as a real "subject" because of the points you made.

Rocky-girl
03-15-2006, 09:26 PM
I hated it too. But then I start to hate that I can't do something that otheres can. So I start to train. Now I can't say that it's my favourite, but I don't hate it. And volleyball and gmnastics are my favourite!

Rocky-girl
03-15-2006, 09:29 PM
a special Oscar Wilde analysis course.
Oscar Wilde? Now I try to read a book by him in origin, 54 pages in 3 months:(

Camilamazed
03-15-2006, 09:37 PM
I have always loved English. :)

Twinkle
03-15-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm torn between my love for biology, and my love for English. I've loved English all my life, but biology I understand and love, because it is like pieces of a puzzle fitting together in my mind. I cannot decide, therefore, I will choose biology, since my love of English is shown in my lovely, grammatically correct, and spelling-error free writing.

Jebus
03-15-2006, 10:27 PM
I always enjoyed my social science and humanities classes in general like psychology, history, philsophy, etc... Those are the only classes in which I actually enjoy going to everyday. Before I went to high school, I was a math person. I understood it and loved every moment. Althought I still love math, I seem to be bad at it now. Well, it's not that I'm not capable of understanding. I've just gotten lazy through out the years and haven't really felt like putting the effort in trying to understand it as well as I use to. Since the humanaties program I'm in has taught me how to wing/bullshit though most classes, I've been infected with lethargy and it's impossible to bullshit through math/physics.

Oh, and I LOVED P.E. It's too bad only two years are required in my school or else I would still be taking it right now. Before, it was my only source of excersize and now I rarely do anything physical because of my lack of time.

Betty
03-15-2006, 10:29 PM
Simona hates me. I love volleyball - one of my favourite things in the whole wide world. I enjoy many sports but it just feels GOOD to play that one. We just played the intramural co-ed competitive CHAMPIONSHIP game. Lost the first game 25-20. Won the second game 27-26 (supposed to win by 2 but the cap is at 27). LOST the third game 18-16 (it finishes at 15 - win by 2). OH MY GOD, HEARTBREAKING!

I enjoyed gym class enough, but there were many problems with it. Either the guys took over the sport and didn't pass or anything (we had co-ed classes), a few sports I was relatively bad at, and the one I was the best at (volleyball), people generally sucked at. But it was overall enjoyable.

Otherwise, Chemistry, obviously.

But I enjoy parts of English, Philosophy, even Math I suppose.

.:SMASH:.
03-15-2006, 11:27 PM
does gym count as PE or sport? thats what we do at school

Duskygrin
03-16-2006, 12:51 AM
ah, school.

I loved every subject. I was easily pleased. Now I'm in business school & my fave subject is law.

*every subject except arts, because it had nothing to do with art.

Nina
03-16-2006, 01:02 AM
Since I said SCHOOL subjects, law wouldnt have been on it anyway. And if I am mistaken, then I hate american school systems even more than before.

And I didnt put "Languages" because frankly, just because you like one language, doesnt mean you like them all. I know many people who love French/dislike English and the other way around. I am the same. Thus, no "Languages" as an option, and not more than English cause I thought it was stupid to put them all on.

I hate gym class as well. I mean I really, truely hate it.

And yes, I forgot politics! I'm truely sorry about that.

I didnt specify the subjects (Modern Art/ Algebra/ etc) because not every county has that system :P

F@ BANKZ
03-16-2006, 01:12 AM
History!!!

T-6005
03-16-2006, 05:58 AM
I enjoy Engine Repair
Sounds like quite the class you've got there.

XYlophonetreeZ
03-16-2006, 06:04 AM
I like Biology and Cultural Anthropology the best.

I used to really like Math and be good at it. But then Math turned into Calculus, and all went down the crapper.

Rag Doll
03-16-2006, 06:23 AM
Since I said SCHOOL subjects, law wouldnt have been on it anyway. And if I am mistaken, then I hate american school systems even more than before.

you'll hate the american school system even more than before =\. i took a law class my junior year =\.

offspringfan15
03-16-2006, 06:57 AM
I love English.That's the only subject I like to even listen at school.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-16-2006, 07:41 AM
History, always has been.

ThrashedThrasher
03-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Sounds like quite the class you've got there.

Not really sure how I'm supposed to take that...It's an easy class, I know what I'm doing so it's also an easy A.

I don't know
03-16-2006, 04:43 PM
my favorite subject is history, I just love it.

Andy
03-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Speaking of Physical Education, it is a well known fact that in England PE teachers are either Welsh (if male), or lesbian (if female).

JoY
03-17-2006, 03:34 AM
I can't really choose. I liked philosophy a whole lot, English maybe even more & math, the few times I GOT it. yeah, I find math to be rather difficult, but when I solve the puzzle, I get a major kick out of it.

Not Ozymandias
03-17-2006, 03:45 AM
Lunch should've been an option.

Paint_It_Black
03-17-2006, 04:40 AM
Speaking of Physical Education, it is a well known fact that in England PE teachers are either Welsh (if male), or lesbian (if female).

That is undeniable truth. I can't figure out why all the men are Welsh, but I assume all the women are lebians beacause they spend so much time around Welsh men. Either that, or lesbians become PE teachers just to surround themselves with highschool girls all day long. Sounds good to me. Unfortunately I'm not Welsh.