PDA

View Full Version : Mota Boy's Thought of the Day (3/15)

Mota Boy
03-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Every day, you should do something new.

Today, I decided to try a McGriddle.

It was OK.

Paint_It_Black
03-15-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you.

T-6005
03-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Every day, you should do something new.
I read up on autoerotic asphyxiation.

To each his own.

the_GoDdEsS
03-15-2006, 12:02 PM
Today I furiously yelled at a kid.

It made me feel wonderful.

coke_a_holic
03-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Today I got on at a new bus stop.

I had to stand and I almost flew out of the windshield because we have an ape of a busdriver.

sKratch
03-15-2006, 01:14 PM
The McGriddle, in my humble opinion, is quite tasty. That being said, I'm not a fan of McD's.

killer_queen
03-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Found out mom and dad will be divorced in two months.
I don't feel that good.

offspringrammsteinfan
03-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Today I bought something at a store I haver never bought a thing before, does that count as trying something new? :o

pyromaniac
03-15-2006, 02:27 PM
today i finally figured out how to make a rubber-band ball...easier than i thought

Mota Boy
03-15-2006, 02:32 PM
I read up on autoerotic asphyxiation.
That's not doing something new. Reading a new book, watching a new movie, those sorta count, but absorbing a bit more information just doesn't cut it. If you'd actually attempted autoerotic asphyxiation, then you'd have some bragging rights.

Mr. PiB - Does that mean you're rabidly pro-griddle or anti-griddle? For one of the new "taste sensations" that's revived McDonald's growth over the past year or two, I didn't think it was that much better than your common sausage, egg and cheese McMuffin. Or McBiscuit, whatever McDonalds calls 'em - I almost never eat there.

0r4ng3
03-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Mr. PiB
Ha, I'm suprised no one's made that connection up until this point.

Also, I'm not a McGriddle fan. Burger King, FTW.

coke_a_holic
03-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Fast Food breakfasts are never as good as you think they're going to be while you order them. That's why I generally stick to cereal than a heart(clogging)y breakfast. mmm, Reese's Puffs + Cap'n Crunch at once.

pyromaniac
03-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Fast Food breakfasts are never as good as you think they're going to be while you order them. That's why I generally stick to cereal than a heart(clogging)y breakfast.
i agree with that.

sKratch
03-15-2006, 02:43 PM
The correct answer is Wendy's ftw. Wendy's > BK > McD.

I think the McGriddles are so tasty because they're soaked in grease.

0r4ng3
03-15-2006, 02:46 PM

I think the McGriddles are so tasty because they're soaked in grease.
It's more like Wendy's=BK>McD.

I'm pretty sure that Wendy's would also be my favorite, but the people that work at the one I go to always get my order wrong. I don't even check, I just go back up to the counter right after getting my food and say "You got my order wrong", and they always find something wrong with it.

pyromaniac
03-15-2006, 02:49 PM
I don't even check, I just go back up to the counter right after getting my food and say "You got my order wrong", and they always find something wrong with it.
that's pathetic in a scary way.

0r4ng3
03-15-2006, 02:55 PM
That's actually exaggerated, but they get it wrong about half the time.

Mota Boy
03-15-2006, 02:57 PM
The correct answer is Wendy's ftw.
Wendy's dollar menu, but Rally's/Checker's or Hardee's/Carl's Jr. easily takes the cake, H/CJ's could use some better fries, though.

However, fast food is passe. I'll hit up Wendy's late at night since it's cheap and open 'til four, but if I have a choice, I'm going fast-casual.

coke_a_holic
03-15-2006, 02:58 PM
Yessir, 100% correct. <3

Paint_It_Black
03-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Mr. PiB - Does that mean you're rabidly pro-griddle or anti-griddle? For one of the new "taste sensations" that's revived McDonald's growth over the past year or two, I didn't think it was that much better than your common sausage, egg and cheese McMuffin. Or McBiscuit, whatever McDonalds calls 'em - I almost never eat there.

I'm anti-griddle. And I'd rather eat McNothing than a McMuffin. The only things I can actually tolerate from the McDonald's breakfast menu are the hashbrowns and the breakfast burritos. Their regular menu is somewhat better. I've been known to indulge in their dollar menu when growing bored of Wendy's.

For some reason I've just never liked Burger King.

Sonic deserves an honourable mention for variety.

Taco Bell possibly pwns all, with the only drawback being you have to be in the mood for Mexican.

I avoid fast food whenever time allows. I've found several places where I can get a large amount of great food for little more than a typical fast food meal.

Oh, and funnily enough the Mr. Pib thing occurred to me as soon as I started getting called PIB. I was quite surprised it took this long to get used.

Edit: The staff at Wendy's are easily the most incompetent workers in the fast-food industry. It's the only place where I always check my order before leaving and 25% of the time there's a problem. Ever ordered a sour cream and chive potato? I find that I always have to actually ask for the sour cream or I don't get it. How can they treat the sour cream as an optional condiment when you order a sour cream and chive potato?

And why, oh God why, do almost all fast-food workers drop my fries/onion rings/whatever into the bag either upside down or sideways? I can only conclude that forcing me to scrape my meal out of the bottom of a paper bag in some way makes them feel a little better about working such a shitty job.

All About Eve
03-15-2006, 05:53 PM
Out of the three mentioned restaraunts, I like Wendy's, where as I don't like BK or McD's. The only problem is I've gotten food poisoning literally 4 times from Wendy's. As far as breakfast goes, Chik-fil-a is the right answer.

Endymion
03-15-2006, 06:54 PM
i never eat at mcdonalds. i'll eat breakfast at burger king, but not any other meal. wendy's is cool, but i rarely go. if my heart can take it, i love carls. del taco is vastly superior to taco bell. arby's is one of the greatest places on earth. jack in the box is ok, i also rarely eat there though.

All About Eve
03-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Subway is my favorite, but they're so far above I think it's hardly fari. Quizno's is good as well.

pyromaniac
03-15-2006, 06:57 PM
Arby's is the best...oh and by the way,
this would make a good poll. ;)

WebDudette
03-15-2006, 07:21 PM
Chipotle owns them all.

0r4ng3
03-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Here's a tip: If you ever eat breakfast at McDonalds, do NOT order the orange juice. It's taken me several good vomits to figure that one out.

WebDudette
03-15-2006, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I've had that happen aswell only took me onc time to stop though.

Paint_It_Black
03-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Here's a tip: If you ever eat breakfast at McDonalds, do NOT order the orange juice. It's taken me several good vomits to figure that one out.

I quite enjoy their Orange Hi C though, or whatever it's called.

0r4ng3
03-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Yeah, that stuff's great, but the "natural" orange juice is liquid death.

All About Eve
03-15-2006, 07:40 PM
I've actually started to take a liking to pulp in my tropicana.