PDA

View Full Version : Streetlight Manifesto

coke_a_holic
03-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Yay! Streetlight + Catch 22 = Streetlight Manifesto playing the entirety of Keasbey Nights! And it's out right now! And you should buy it so that I won't be the only person in this thread discussing it with myself.

For those that enjoy ska music and bought it: what's your opinion on the new hornlines? I thought they were well written and helped the cd even more than it did when Catch 22 did it with less hornage. Although, I didn't like their version of Riding the 4th Wave as much, it was overall pretty well done.

DeAtHsTaR
03-15-2006, 04:52 PM
I love Streetlight. I haven't heard Keasbey yet, but I need to.

barangatang
03-15-2006, 05:04 PM
i've heard of SM. Could someone upload some of their stuff for me? (streetlight's, not catch 22+ streetlight)

I love catch 22, but I don't own keasbay nights. Should I get the original version of that or go straight ahead and buy the streetlight one?

coke_a_holic
03-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Streetlight Manifesto didn't team up with Catch 22, they just played their music. Even though half of Catch 22 is in Streetlight now, including the old singer.

Go for whichever you want, I personally think the redo's got better vocals and horns, but the original is a little bit less cluttery sound. There were less horns on the original, but the more horns can sound better. Check out both, buy the one you like more.

GreenTerror
03-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Niggah was supposed to send me that shit on MSN... :(

Revolver-2005?
03-15-2006, 06:20 PM
put the songs up please?

coke_a_holic
03-16-2006, 07:58 PM
I'll upload some original and some remade shit so you all can hear how amazing they are. It's like earsex. In a good way.

Revolver-2005?
03-17-2006, 01:14 PM
I love streetlight, I loved Keasby Nights by catch 22 but then the singer went and made streetlight which became much better...you dont really have to prove how amazing they are.

coke_a_holic
03-17-2006, 02:17 PM
I still will, though, because some people need conversion.

Revolver-2005?
03-18-2006, 07:02 AM
Alright, well start that uploadin', I really wanna hear it.

coke_a_holic
03-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Day in, Day out - Catch 22 (http://www.savefile.com/files/6192343 )
Day in, Day out - Streetlight Manifesto (http://savefile.com/files/8798213)

12341234 - Catch 22 (http://www.savefile.com/files/6766840 )
12341234 - Streetlight Manifesto (http://www.savefile.com/files/7869310 )

Revolver-2005?
03-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Damn you don't have the mp3's?

coke_a_holic
03-18-2006, 11:24 AM
No, WMA's are smaller so I used them for uploading. Don't you have Windows Media Player?

Revolver-2005?
03-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Yeah I do, but I use itunes for my ipod, you can use the WMA I can convert them easy.

DeAtHsTaR
06-22-2006, 06:24 PM
Tomas Kalnoky is one of the best lyricists I have ever heard.

Apathy
06-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Tomas Kalnoky is one of the best lyricists I have ever heard.

unofficial bump?

You should bump my ska thread with this stuff. I don't want to do it myself but I like having the thread around. :P

And yes, yes! He's amazing. Pretty much every single song.. bar one or two that are still good songs have lyrics that really make you listen to every single word, and try to understand what's happening and what kind of emotions he's portraying. I really like the lyrics to A better place, a better time and As the Footsteps Die Out Forever.

Edit: I forgot my main reason for the post!

DeAtHsTaR
06-22-2006, 09:37 PM
unofficial bump?

You should bump my ska thread with this stuff. I don't want to do it myself but I like having the thread around. :P

And yes, yes! He's amazing. Pretty much every single song.. bar one or two that are still good songs have lyrics that really make you listen to every single word, and try to understand what's happening and what kind of emotions he's portraying. I really like the lyrics to A better place, a better time and As the Footsteps Die Out Forever.

Edit: I forgot my main reason for the post!
That's the song that inspired me to dig up this post.

coke_a_holic
07-11-2006, 10:45 AM
*bumperific*

Saw Streetlight last night with Reel Big Fish. It was a very short 30 minute set. They played:

1. some instrumental reggae-ish intro
2. That'll be the Day
3. Point/Counterpoint with Keasbey Nights in the middle
4. Some new song from the record coming out next week (so Tomas Kalnoky said at the show)
5. A Moment of Violence
6. This is a Call to Arms
7. Here's to Life

I don't really remember what they ended with, it was either Here's to Life or some other song I can't remember...

coke_a_holic
07-13-2006, 06:16 PM
This is how they did the Keasbey Nights in the middle of Point/Counterpoing (which is fucking awesome):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mPBJ2JlJQBw&search=streetlight%20manifesto

ALSO, a couple of people were kind enough to capture the new song they played at the concert I went to on film. This one had the best quality of the different versions, and it's still pretty bad. It comes in 2 parts, with a small gap between the two parts.

part 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=X_1GSzxWjFU&search=streetlight%20manifesto
<small gap between two parts>
part 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=SKBhEmCtf0o

Before announcing the song, Tomas Kalnoky claimed that the new album was coming out next week, so keep an eye out for it! I'm so stoked for it I'm going to fucking shed my skin like some kind of snake.

nieh
07-13-2006, 06:21 PM
I had no idea it's coming out next week. I'll have to run to Tunes tomorrow and see if they have it out early like they do everything else. They're supposed to be bringing in some world/gypsie influence (you were probably the one I heard that from though). Should be interesting.

coke_a_holic
07-13-2006, 06:29 PM
I have no idea, there has been no news about it or anything. The same thing happened with Keasbey pt. 2, though, so I'll believe him. I can't wait, I'm seriously starting to peel my skin off out of anticipation. He should've at least given a release date rather than saying, "this is a song from our new record, coming out sometime next week!"

nieh
07-13-2006, 06:35 PM
CDs are always released on Tuesdays.

Also, from wikipedia:
In an interview with Alternative Press Kalnoky remarked that their next CD will "branch out in different directions. It'll have more of a world influence running through it, namely eastern European and gypsy sounds."

coke_a_holic
07-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Sweet, seriously? I almost never have any need to get cds as they're coming out and just assumed that it was a coincidence that the few new cds that I've wanted just came out exactly weeks apart. I mean, I knew that most cds came out on tuesdays, just not that ALL of them did. And that piece from wiki makes my skin pull off twice as fast, my leg is fucking shaking just thinking about buying the cd.

nieh
07-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah, unless there's some reason why the album might sell better released on another day. Kind of like how movies always come out on Friday or holidays unless there's some marketing reason to release it another day (like the Omen being released on 6/6/06).

It sounds like a good time. If they do have it at Tunes tomorrow I'll be sure to upload some of it.

0r4ng3
07-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Wait, explain again. Why would it be on iTunes tomorrow? Don't CDs come out on Tuesday? That's when I was gonna go look for it.

nieh
07-13-2006, 06:52 PM
The cd store I go to has a tendency to put cds out on the racks whenever they get the shipment, even if it's before the official release date. They had the new Sufjan Stevens ablum out 3 weeks early and the new Guster and Muse albums by at least a couple days. I wouldn't be surprised if they have this now too if it's supposed to be released next week.

SkunkIt
07-13-2006, 09:42 PM
I heard Streetlight Manifesto was dropped from
Victory Records, because they didn't sell enough copies of "Keasby Nights 2"

I don't think It's true, I hope not.

0r4ng3
07-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Wait, what's Keasbey Nights 2? The remake?

nieh
07-13-2006, 09:52 PM
I heard Streetlight Manifesto was dropped from
Victory Records, because they didn't sell enough copies of "Keasby Nights 2"

I don't think It's true, I hope not.

Their site makes no mention of the new album as an upcoming release, but it DOES mention Catch 22's new album.

coke_a_holic
07-13-2006, 10:10 PM
This is normal for Streetlight Manifesto, though. I hadn't heard anything official about Keasbey 2 until the day before it came out.

0r4ng3
07-15-2006, 11:25 PM
noes!

Tomas Kalnoky also stated at some live shows that the new album for Streetlight will be coming out in a couple of days, but other members of the band said Tomas is trying to create a hoax to build anticipation for the album, whenever it really comes out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streetlight_Manifesto#Current_projects_and_the_fut ure

RickyCrack
07-16-2006, 01:30 AM
Streetlight Manifesto is awesome. Check out One Cool Guy.

Streetlight Manifesto = everybody that was good in catch22 + One Cool Guy.

nieh
07-16-2006, 07:30 AM
He said at our show "coming out in the next week or year" so I dunno.

DeAtHsTaR
07-16-2006, 11:24 AM
I would kill someone for a chance to see them live.

coke_a_holic
07-16-2006, 03:23 PM
noes!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streetlight_Manifesto#Current_projects_and_the_fut ure
One of the only other Streetlight fans at my school has told me that it was, indeed, a joke and that the cd doesn't actually come out until like January. =(((

0r4ng3
07-16-2006, 03:25 PM
I've only been a fan for less than a month, but I think that I'm feeling just as much disappointment as anyone else.

DeAtHsTaR
07-17-2006, 01:05 PM
One of the only other Streetlight fans at my school has told me that it was, indeed, a joke and that the cd doesn't actually come out until like January. =(((
Can you go into detail about what the new song is like?

coke_a_holic
07-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Someone videotaped the new song during the concert, it's on youtube and I posted the links in this thread...

DeAtHsTaR
07-17-2006, 02:17 PM
Someone videotaped the new song during the concert, it's on youtube and I posted the links in this thread...
Ok, but I'm at my grandma's house and she has dial-up. Is the song more of the same or is it going in a new direction?

coke_a_holic
07-17-2006, 02:23 PM
It has a neat melody, but it's still similar to the older stuff, too.