PDA

View Full Version : how would your dream festival be?

offspring fan
03-15-2006, 05:21 PM
this is mine:

Friday:
System of a Down
NIN
Bad Religion
Smashing Pumpkins
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Audioslave

Saturday:
Turbonegro
POD
Green Day
Pantera
The White Stripes
Pearl Jam

Sunday:
Jimmy Eat World
Weezer
Gorillaz
Queens of the Stone Age
Foo Fighters
The Offspring

you can have more then 3 days.

bouncingcoles
03-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Day 1

tiger army
Street dogs
Rise against
Anti flag
Bouncing souls
AFI
Social Distortion
Bad Religion

day 2

Millencolin
sum41
Crime in stereo
less then jake
smoke or fire
A wilhelm scream
Rancid
Pennywise
Nine inch nails

Day 3
Dresden dolls
Andrew WK
dark buster
Against me
Alkaline trio
The cure
Avenged sevenfold
The offspring!

Camilamazed
03-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Day I

Green day
The Vandals
AFI
Offspring
Pennywise
Bad Religion

Day II

Third eye blind
Jimmy eat world
Kings of leon
The Strokes
Arcade Fire
Alanis Morissette

Day III

Nine Inch Nails
Pearl jam
Van Halen
Aerosmith

Okay. After that, straight to the cemetary.

Drummerguy123
03-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Day 1
Under*Go
Kool Shades
Steady Ground
Blink 182*
Richard Cheese
Disturbed

Day 2
Smashing Pumpkins*
Red Hot Chili Peppers
System of a Down
The Offspring
Beastie Boys
Rage Against the Machine*
The Ramones*

Day 3
Aerosmith
AC/DC
Guns~n~Roses
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
The Beatles*

*if they weren't dead/broken up

EDIT: Sublime should be in there somewhere too

barangatang
03-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Day one:
Big d and the kids table
Cali nation
the forces of evil
the mighty mighty bosstones
pepper

Day two:
the offspring
rancid
the vandals
social distortion
Operation ivy

Day three:
Pink floyd
The who
led zeppelin
the rolling stones
aerosmith
bob marley

Day four:
(Rest day so local/indie bands could give it a go)

Day five;
rage against the machine
system of a down
The white stripes
soundgarden
nirvana

day five:
sublime

Mr. Noodles
03-15-2006, 09:04 PM
DAY 1:
The Offspring
Bad Religion
Rise Against
Nofx
Pulley
Pennywise
A.F.I.

DAY 2:
Judas Priest
Queen
Aerosmith
Rancid
Green Day
The Used

DAY 3:
Sublime
Stone Temple Pilots
Nirvana
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Cream
Queenshyche
Ugly Kid Joe
Phunk Junkeez
Rage Against the Machine
Drowning Pool
Social Distortion

T-6005
03-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Days 1-11:

All bands ready to get onstage at my beck and call, willing to play any song I desire.

Eddie
03-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Day 1.
-Joe Satriani
-Free
-Ramones
-Avenged Sevenfold
-Pantera
-Steve Vai
-Blaze Bayley
-Deep Purple

Day 2.
-Ac/Dc
-Led Zeppelin
-Chuck Berry
-The Offspring
-UFO
-Megadeth
-Nightwish
-Psycho Motel
-Van Halen

Day 3.
-Yngwie Malmsteen
-Scorpions
-The Police
-Steppenwolf
-The Eagles
-Black Sabbath
-Judas Priest
-Iron Maiden

StayInTheHouseCarl
03-15-2006, 10:22 PM
i don't know what the breakdown of days would be, but the bands (barring death and breakups)

social distortion
the vandals
the dead pets
flogging molly
foo fighters
the clash
ramones
descendents
mudhoney
mars volta
primus
dropkick murphys
the offspring
devo
nerf herder
rancid
mighty mighty bosstones
the matches
mute math
garbage
distillers
dead kennedys
tsol
rocket from the crypt
the letters organize
aquabats (with the old horn section)
oingo boingo

and of course sting would push his ego aside, and allow the police to reunite.

offspringer24
03-16-2006, 05:49 AM
starting with the headliners ok

the offspring
nofx
pennywise
the vandals
guttermouth
bush
dog eat dog
D-TOX
jugheads revenge
new kids on the block

ok the last ones a joke!

noodlesisalliwant
03-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Saturday-
Pennywise
NOFX
Bowling for soup
Green Day
Papa Roach
Sum 41

Sunday:
The Explosion
Hot Water Music
AFI
Lit
Rancid
Alkaline Trio
The Living End!

Alex101
09-09-2008, 02:46 PM
My dream festival would be an old school KROQ festival, happening on the weekend. This one's kinda similar to the Weenie Roast and Inland Invasion festivals. Here's the lineup:

Day 1:
U2
Social Distortion
Weezer
Radiohead
Jesus Jones
Tool
Jane's Addiction (with the 1986-1991 lineup)
Fishbone
Metallica

Day 2:
The Cure
The Offspring
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Oasis
Duran Duran
Pearl Jam
Alice in Chains
Linkin Park
Green Day
Rage Against the Machine

Katy
09-10-2008, 07:39 AM
No idea of broken up days or that, but here's a list mines would include
(think I might get a bit carried away...)

Ash
Beastie Boys
The Offspring
Biffy Clyro
The Prodigy
MC Lars
The Damned
Kula Shaker
The Distillers
Parkway Drive
Millencolin
The Stranglers
Green Day
Devo
The Specials
Rancid
Run DMC
Audio Bullys
Idlewild
Stiff Little Fingers
The Matches
AFI
Wu-Tang Clan
Queens of the Stone Age
...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead
Vanilla Ice
Charlotte Hatherley
Alkaline Trio
Rolling Stones
Madness
The Clash.

jacknife737
09-10-2008, 07:51 AM
My dream festival already exists, called the Fest and is happening in Gainesville Florida Oct 31, Nov 1; and it's fucking killing me that i'm not going. Lineup includes....

Leatherface, Less Than Jake, Bouncing Souls, Strike Anywhere, Dillinger Four, Atom and His Package, Municipal Waste, Coalesce, Dead to Me, Paint It Black, None More Black, Rehasher, The Lawrence Arms, The Falcon, Toys that Kill, The Ergs, The Methadones, The Holy Mountain, Affirmative Action Jackson, Armalite, Assholeparade, Amateur Party, A Wilhelm Scream, Japanther, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Antillectual, Ape Shit (GNV), Banner Pilot, Able Baker Fox, Chris Wollard & The Ship Thieves, Former Cell Mates, LaSalle, Black Tusk, Bomb the Music Industry, Brainworms, The Arrivals, Bridge and Tunnel, The Brokedowns, Cloak/Dagger, Tiltwheel, Colossus, Comadre, The Copyrights, Dan Padilla, Dear Landlord, Deep Sleep, Fake Problems, The Flatliners, Foundation, Future Virgins, Ghastly City Sleeps, Ghost Buffalo, Grabass Charlestons, Hifi Handgrenades, Hour of the Wolf, The Measure [sa], Gatorface, Virgins, New Mexican Disaster Squad, Chinese Telephones, North Lincoln, O Pioneers!, Off With Their Heads, Polar Bear Club, Ringers, Ruiner, Saw Wheel, Shot Baker, The Swellers, The American Etiquette, This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb, Young Livers, Stressface, Zoroaster, Emotron, Mose Giganticus, Ann Beretta, Eric Ayotte, Forensics, No Trigger, Battle!, Olehole, Party Garbage, Worn in Red, Lemuria, Rager, Shook Ones, Billy Reese Peters, Screaming Females, Cheeky, Tim Version, Vagina Sore Jr., Nothington, The Blacklist Royals, Anchor Arms, X.O.X.O, New Bruises, Power Douglas, Dynamite Arrows, Broadway Calls, Cobra Skulls, City of Ships, Pink Razors, The Wading Girl, Drag the River, Madeline, Static Radio, Whiskey & Co, Underground Railroad to Candyland, Crash Burn Repeat, Halo Fauna, Mike Hale, In The Red, Gimmie Drugs, Casting Out, Sista Sekundun, Ninja Gun, Iron Chic, Ampere, Cutman, Delay, Young Widows, Jammy Dodgers, Bang Bang, Star Fucking Hipsters, Suicide Note, The Hidden Spots, Vultures United, Pretty Boy Thorson & the Falling Angels, Sidekicks, In Defence, Ghost Mice, Paul Baribeau, Josh Small, Thunderlip, We Versus The Shark, Fin Fang Foom, Look Mexico, Landmines, ADD/C, Young Hearts, The Menzingers, Used Kids, Brook Pridemore, Jena Berlin, The Pharmacy, Ready the Jet, Antlers, Everybody Out!, Tubers, American Cheeseburger, Four Star Alarm, Nervous Dogs, Monikers, No More, Matty Pop Chart, Good Luck, Alligator, Cassette, Environmental Youth Crunch, Benard, Scouts Honor, Dukes of Hillsborough, Travis John (A Love Dog), Daniel Striped Tiger, Shark Pants, Austin & Bob Lucas, Averkiou, Sinaloa, Hunchback, Capsule, Vena Cava, Tin Armor, You Me and the Atom Bomb, Two Cow Garage, Dead Friends, Cheap Girls, The Shaking Hands, FIYA, Pegasuses XL, Cheap Tragedies, Mouthbreather, The Serious Geniuses, Degenerics, The Rick Johnson Rock and Roll Machine, Max Levine Ensemble, Triclops!, Maruta, Laura Stevenson, No People, Belly Button, Brazil UFO, Drunken Boat, Umoja Orchestra, Matt Kutz One, Shinobu, Mehkago NT, ANS, Chillerton, FC5, Shellshag, Capsule, Jonesin’, Beat Buttons, Bitchin’ Summer, Hawks & Doves, Ok Pilot, One Win Choice, The Ones To Blame, Religious as Fuck, The Rest of Us, The Riot Before, Slingshot Dakota, Two Funerals, Dirty Tactics , Shang-a-lang, Black Cobra, Killer Dreamer, The Scaries, Sharks Come Crusin’ , The Catalyst, Gordan Gano’s Army, Queer Wolf, Die Hoffnung, Ramming Speed, Annabel, Liquid Limbs, Dave Dondero, No More

cybermears
09-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Day 1
All Time Low
Kill Hannah
Silverstein
Hawthorne Heights
New Found Glory
The Used

Day 2
You me at Six
Shiny Toy Guns
Cute is what we aim for
Funeral for a friend
Paramore
Jimmy Eat World

Day 3
Sugarcult
Enter Shikari
Good Charlotte
AFI
Sum 41
The Offspring

Haha everyone is gonna hate this

MasterBasser
09-10-2008, 08:36 AM
My dream festival already exists, called the Fest and is happening in Gainesville Florida Oct 31, Nov 1; and it's fucking killing me that i'm not going. Lineup includes....

Leatherface, Less Than Jake, Bouncing Souls, Strike Anywhere, Dillinger Four, Atom and His Package, Municipal Waste, Coalesce, Dead to Me, Paint It Black, None More Black, Rehasher, The Lawrence Arms, The Falcon, Toys that Kill, The Ergs, The Methadones, The Holy Mountain, Affirmative Action Jackson, Armalite, Assholeparade, Amateur Party, A Wilhelm Scream, Japanther, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Antillectual, Ape Shit (GNV), Banner Pilot, Able Baker Fox, Chris Wollard & The Ship Thieves, Former Cell Mates, LaSalle, Black Tusk, Bomb the Music Industry, Brainworms, The Arrivals, Bridge and Tunnel, The Brokedowns, Cloak/Dagger, Tiltwheel, Colossus, Comadre, The Copyrights, Dan Padilla, Dear Landlord, Deep Sleep, Fake Problems, The Flatliners, Foundation, Future Virgins, Ghastly City Sleeps, Ghost Buffalo, Grabass Charlestons, Hifi Handgrenades, Hour of the Wolf, The Measure [sa], Gatorface, Virgins, New Mexican Disaster Squad, Chinese Telephones, North Lincoln, O Pioneers!, Off With Their Heads, Polar Bear Club, Ringers, Ruiner, Saw Wheel, Shot Baker, The Swellers, The American Etiquette, This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb, Young Livers, Stressface, Zoroaster, Emotron, Mose Giganticus, Ann Beretta, Eric Ayotte, Forensics, No Trigger, Battle!, Olehole, Party Garbage, Worn in Red, Lemuria, Rager, Shook Ones, Billy Reese Peters, Screaming Females, Cheeky, Tim Version, Vagina Sore Jr., Nothington, The Blacklist Royals, Anchor Arms, X.O.X.O, New Bruises, Power Douglas, Dynamite Arrows, Broadway Calls, Cobra Skulls, City of Ships, Pink Razors, The Wading Girl, Drag the River, Madeline, Static Radio, Whiskey & Co, Underground Railroad to Candyland, Crash Burn Repeat, Halo Fauna, Mike Hale, In The Red, Gimmie Drugs, Casting Out, Sista Sekundun, Ninja Gun, Iron Chic, Ampere, Cutman, Delay, Young Widows, Jammy Dodgers, Bang Bang, Star Fucking Hipsters, Suicide Note, The Hidden Spots, Vultures United, Pretty Boy Thorson & the Falling Angels, Sidekicks, In Defence, Ghost Mice, Paul Baribeau, Josh Small, Thunderlip, We Versus The Shark, Fin Fang Foom, Look Mexico, Landmines, ADD/C, Young Hearts, The Menzingers, Used Kids, Brook Pridemore, Jena Berlin, The Pharmacy, Ready the Jet, Antlers, Everybody Out!, Tubers, American Cheeseburger, Four Star Alarm, Nervous Dogs, Monikers, No More, Matty Pop Chart, Good Luck, Alligator, Cassette, Environmental Youth Crunch, Benard, Scouts Honor, Dukes of Hillsborough, Travis John (A Love Dog), Daniel Striped Tiger, Shark Pants, Austin & Bob Lucas, Averkiou, Sinaloa, Hunchback, Capsule, Vena Cava, Tin Armor, You Me and the Atom Bomb, Two Cow Garage, Dead Friends, Cheap Girls, The Shaking Hands, FIYA, Pegasuses XL, Cheap Tragedies, Mouthbreather, The Serious Geniuses, Degenerics, The Rick Johnson Rock and Roll Machine, Max Levine Ensemble, Triclops!, Maruta, Laura Stevenson, No People, Belly Button, Brazil UFO, Drunken Boat, Umoja Orchestra, Matt Kutz One, Shinobu, Mehkago NT, ANS, Chillerton, FC5, Shellshag, Capsule, Jonesin’, Beat Buttons, Bitchin’ Summer, Hawks & Doves, Ok Pilot, One Win Choice, The Ones To Blame, Religious as Fuck, The Rest of Us, The Riot Before, Slingshot Dakota, Two Funerals, Dirty Tactics , Shang-a-lang, Black Cobra, Killer Dreamer, The Scaries, Sharks Come Crusin’ , The Catalyst, Gordan Gano’s Army, Queer Wolf, Die Hoffnung, Ramming Speed, Annabel, Liquid Limbs, Dave Dondero, No More

WTF! :eek:

Anyway, mine would be

Day 1
The Offspring
Rancid
AFI
NoFx
System of a Down
RATM

Day 2
Rise Against
Sum 41
Simple Plan
Disturbed
In Flames
Plus 44

Day 3
Relient K
Anti-Flag
Pennywise
Three Days Grace
Goldfringer

And for the ending of the show

Tenacious D!!!

jacknife737
09-10-2008, 08:41 AM

Huh?

Edit: if your puzzlement refers to the large number of bands playing, it is spread out over a couple days at several venues.

Short_Attention_Span
09-10-2008, 10:29 AM

He's talking about this. Click and learn:

http://www.thefestfl.com

GAH!!! Dead to Me is playing!!!!!!! Now I really want to go!
________
DEPAKOTE LAWSUIT SETTLEMENTS (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/depakote/)

Jakebert
09-10-2008, 11:20 AM
I've always said that R.E.M., the Pixies, Sonic Youth, Husker Du, and the Replacements all playing the same show would be mind-blowing.

jacknife737
09-10-2008, 12:37 PM
He's talking about this. Click and learn:

http://www.thefestfl.com

GAH!!! Dead to Me is playing!!!!!!! Now I really want to go!

I'm seriously considering going next year, provided it won't interfere with my class schedule too much. But transportation/ hotel room is going to be pretty damn expensive, so that is actually the major obstacle that is blocking my attendance. If i lived anywhere near Florida (which would probably suck, because it would be in the South), i would be there in a nanosecond.

drummerbecca
09-10-2008, 12:40 PM
I've always said that R.E.M., the Pixies, Sonic Youth, Husker Du, and the Replacements all playing the same show would be mind-blowing.

Oh man, that'd be an awesome line-up.

Free?
09-10-2008, 02:05 PM
You guys should keep in mind that you'll be dead meat after 1st day of your favorite bands nonstop performing! Like Camilamazed said, after that straight to cemetery! :D

lost_nvrfound
09-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Day 1.
-Joe Satriani
-Free
-Ramones
-Avenged Sevenfold
-Pantera
-Steve Vai
-Blaze Bayley
-Deep Purple

Day 2.
-Ac/Dc
-Led Zeppelin
-Chuck Berry
-The Offspring
-UFO
-Megadeth
-Nightwish
-Psycho Motel
-Van Halen

Day 3.
-Yngwie Malmsteen
-Scorpions
-The Police
-Steppenwolf
-The Eagles
-Black Sabbath
-Judas Priest
-Iron Maiden

I don't know about your day 2... I think ending the day with Van Halen might be a little anti-climatic. I think of them more as a starting with a bang type thing.

Alex101
09-11-2008, 03:07 PM
new kids on the block

ok the last ones a joke!

Yeah, maybe it's because New Kids on the Block aren't punk, just old school pop.