PDA

View Full Version : My first new creation in months.

JohnnyNemesis
03-15-2006, 07:21 PM
I finally made a new track, and think I'll be finishing up my debut album (my goal is either 15 tracks or about 55 minutes worth of music) sometime over Spring Break. I also have a new "stage name", album title, etc.

Fans of the original Metal Gear on NES will appreciate the title:

Our Missing Grey Fox (http://www.savefile.com/files/2727862)

Let me know what you think, motherfuckers.

The meaning of life
03-15-2006, 08:31 PM
I think you just do a great fucking job here i like the whole song and it's now on my mp3...i think you did your best...its better of your other song..and i really think it (don't take that bad please)

(Once again sorry for my bad english :confused: )

JohnnyNemesis
03-15-2006, 08:36 PM
Wow! Thank you so much! I really appreciate your support and honest feedback both now and before. I hope you enjoy the song!

Homer
03-15-2006, 09:01 PM
Wow, that's really good. What program do you use? Can I get it? Or is it only for Macs?

Other than the questions, that's pretty damn good. Keep making more tracks.

offspring fan
03-16-2006, 04:14 AM
that was awsome. i used to play that game on my friends NES before and that song reminded me of how cool that game was.... i wonder if he still got that game...

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Homer: it's on Macs only. It's GarageBand!

offspring fan: Thank you very much. I hope you find the game, and thanks for listening to my song!

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Maria: Thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately, I do not have a slower version of the very first theme. It's just some stuff from an old video game. If I can find a slower one, though, I'll be sure to let you know!

Yatesy
03-16-2006, 10:59 AM
This is pretty funky, I like it.

noodlesisalliwant
03-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Wow, I really like it, the title is cool too Hell yeah Metal Gear :D

T-6005
03-16-2006, 12:43 PM
It's interesting, for sure.

I kind of zoned out about halfway through and only started listening near the end again. It's pretty good - sounds very repetitive, though.

I think I like it.

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Yatesy, noodlesisalliwant - Thank you very much for listening!

T-6005 - Thanks, man. This is indeed repetitive, but I like making little changes here and there that are barely noticeable. I'm glad you at least sorta liked it.

Here's my erm... shall I say surprise-gift?

http://rapidshare.de/files/15678267/Game_clip.avi.html

I couldn't quite, quite grasp the first theme, I so loved it though. But of course, I didn't play the whole piece in the same way... I just got ahold of the themes & improvised on it rather amateurishly!
& it is not supposed to sound the same of course, just a piano fantasist rendition.

I do hope you'll enjoy it as much as I enjoyed yours.

MARIA!!! fhj;khfg;kjhg;oihfg;i

Seriously, I don't know how to express how this makes me feel, but...man, I hate to sound so cheesy, but I am deeply touched by this gift! Thank you so much! I really appreciate this. You rendition sounds awesome, and is very exciting. Gahh, I'm not making sense, I'm at a loss, I'm just very touched!

T-6005
03-16-2006, 08:33 PM
T-6005 - Thanks, man. This is indeed repetitive, but I like making little changes here and there that are barely noticeable. I'm glad you at least sorta liked it.

Don't mention it. Tell me what you think of my stuff, would you?

killer_queen
03-17-2006, 02:17 AM
If you want honesty Johhny, I'll give it.

Firstly I was kinda waiting something better, I'm a little disappointed. It's pretty good though, not annoying but not one those things that you don't want to end. Melody is cool but not catchy. Still, I liked it.

Tired_Of_You
03-17-2006, 07:31 PM
The beginning of the song reminded me of something I've heard before, but I don't think I've ever played the game you mentioned, so I must have heard it somewhere. Overall the song is good, but I think it's a bit too repetitive. Like Gulsah, I think the melody is not super catchy, but it's good anyway. The part I prefer is what's before 1 minute, the beginning. Post more!

And I hate you because you have Garageband and not me.

yay
03-20-2006, 08:25 PM
That was really good Johnny. I've never heard music like that before, I really enjoyed it. Good work!!

Jebus
03-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Rick, do you play an instrument? If you don't, it's pretty cool that you could actually create that type of music without having the advantage of having experience with any sort of instrument. I prefer some of that stuff you posted on your other thread but this is also really good. I know repetition is key to this type of music but you don't want to overdue it. I'd like it more if there was more progression if you know what I mean by that.

EDIT: I missed the "me" in some.

JohnnyNemesis
03-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Gulsah, Val, yay - Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you all sorta enjoyed it! The repetition is indeed something that must be worked on.

Jebus - Thanks man! The crazy thing is I have absolutely NO EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER with playing instruments and have absolutely NO BACKGROUND IN IT WHATSOEVER. This is just me going with what I think sounds good, which could explain my difficulties in creating progression. I'm glad you kinda liked this one.

endlesst0m
03-20-2006, 11:52 PM
I finally made a new track, and think I'll be finishing up my debut album (my goal is either 15 tracks or about 55 minutes worth of music) sometime over Spring Break. I also have a new "stage name", album title, etc.

Fans of the original Metal Gear on NES will appreciate the title:

Our Missing Grey Fox (http://www.savefile.com/files/2727862)

Let me know what you think, motherfuckers.

I've heard some of your stuff, and you definatly have the ability to make catchy riffs and hooks. And that's probably the most important part in writing songs that people like.

The problem is that these songs are too repetitive. First off, the drum beat is the same for the whole song. That's okay sometimes, but not when the song is over 4 minutes long.

Second of all, I think you could be structuring these songs in better ways than how you have them now. It easy to improve on this, just pay attention to what other bands are doing with song structures... for example A-B-A-B-C-B or A-B-C-B-C-A...just experiment with different song structures. You don't neccesarily have to make them complicated either. For example, in "Defy You", if you notice, the bridge part ("All my will...All my strength") occurs twice, but the first time, it is much shorter, so as to only hint or tease you for the big buildup later in the song. Not that that is anything amazing, but noticing little things like this and infusing them into your own songs helps.

This is just a suggestion, but that guitar part that comes in the beggining of the song, I noticed how the first measure plays, and then the second measure is a little different at the end, because it has that little rest, or pause. I like that.

But after it once again repeats that first measure, I think that instead of replaying that second measure with the little pause again, you should try to create a new measure with totally different notes.That would be a satisfying resolution, or cadence. I can really see that working out well. So in other words that riff could be A-B-A-C, instead of just repeating A-B-A-B, like it is now. That might make it less repetitive. Or maybe it's fine the way it is now, I don't know, it's just cool to mess around with different idea's.

I like analyzing music so if you want any more idea's, I can try to help.

OddOneOut_Bassist
03-26-2006, 11:57 AM
lol i like it :p

ruroken
06-15-2006, 09:25 AM
*bump'th*
Make any more yet?

JohnnyNemesis
06-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Not yet, but I'm planning on making some really soon! Maybe even next week!

ruroken
07-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Now..... ?

JohnnyNemesis
03-16-2007, 12:01 AM
REUPLOAD (http://rapidshare.com/files/21201626/DaPantzTheSecretAgent.zip.html)

Songs to check out first: Nightlife, In Tense Silence, Destination: Hicksville, The Colosseum.