PDA

View Full Version : I just figured out what the Buddy List is good for.

Vera
03-16-2006, 04:54 AM
Go to "Quick Links" (between Search & Log Out)

Select "Open Buddylist".

And huzzah! You'll find which of your buddies are online easily. Scroll down and you'll also find a way to PM several of them. And one can keep the window open while leaving the BBS & reload the buddylist every now & then.

Hux
03-16-2006, 04:59 AM
Also, another way is to look at those online and see if there are any positive signs which represent your buddies, and I'm guessing negative signs representing those ignored...but your way is more clear I guess.

Vera
03-16-2006, 05:19 AM
Everyone knows that! But that's not really all that handy.

Hux
03-16-2006, 05:24 AM
Go to "Quick Links" (between Search & Log Out)

Select "Open Buddylist".

And huzzah! You'll find which of your buddies are online easily. Scroll down and you'll also find a way to PM several of them. And one can keep the window open while leaving the BBS & reload the buddylist every now & then.

Everyone knows that! But that's not really all that handy.
Well everyone knows that :p!

Also, yours is in the FAQ so people should already know that.

Vera
03-16-2006, 05:49 AM
Yeah, because everyone reads the FAQ because it's like you just can't figure out ANYTHING until you read it! *rolls eyes*

It's a less noticable feature that I mentioned. Shut up already.

the_GoDdEsS
03-16-2006, 11:19 AM
I never read the instructions to anything. Not even electronics or technical shit or whatever. I only do when I'm stuck.

Vera
03-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Same here. Reading instructions is for old people.

Some computer crap I do read instructions for, though, just so I don't fuck something up & then destroy everything.

the_GoDdEsS
03-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Some computer crap I do read instructions for, though, just so I don't fuck something up & then destroy everything.

Haha, yes. But only when I care about it enough.

oja
04-06-2006, 01:14 PM
I never read the instructions to anything. Not even electronics or technical shit or whatever. I only do when I'm stuck.

sorry godess but with that name and that avatar i just can't help thinking you're such an air-head!!!!!!!!!!!

That_Guy91
04-06-2006, 06:32 PM
sorry godess but with that name and that avatar i just can't help thinking you're such an air-head!!!!!!!!!!!
Ironic .

JohnnyNemesis
04-06-2006, 06:35 PM

This is hilarious after reading your signature.

oja
04-07-2006, 05:17 PM
This is hilarious after reading your signature.

ok... how do i say this without hurting you??.... oh, i know: KISS MY ASS

JohnnyNemesis
04-07-2006, 05:18 PM
ok... how do i say this without hurting you??.... oh, i know: KISS MY ASS

Well, you definitely succeeded in not hurting me, I'll give you that.

Jebus
04-07-2006, 06:16 PM
This out of topic but...

Is this some sort of super secret 1337/mod forum us common peasant folk aren't allowed to have access to or know about? :(
http://www.offspring.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11
because 1-10 go to other forums and anything after 11 is just an invalid page.

JohnnyNemesis
04-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Hey, look over there!

*jumps out window*

Jebus
04-07-2006, 06:50 PM
now I'll never know :(

*goes back to plowing the fields*

Tired_Of_You
04-07-2006, 07:06 PM
I also saw that the other day. :o They are hiding stuff from us.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-07-2006, 07:12 PM
I periodically deny that we're hiding anything.

:D

Jebus
04-07-2006, 07:23 PM
sKratch, Sarah, and HornyPope have all acknowledged the existance of a mod forum! We have a Rosswell style conspiracy on our hands!
http://www.offspring.com/forums/search.php?searchid=603706

The truth is out there... *plays X-files music* (http://209.197.86.65/19580222/themes/tv/XFiles.mid)

oja
04-07-2006, 07:52 PM

why are we fightin anyway?'
what is it like a way to stay sane???

Endymion
04-07-2006, 09:14 PM
fucking mods and their secret forums!

JoY
04-08-2006, 06:06 PM
*cracks up*

oja should be put out of his misery. help, anyone?

Sin Studly
01-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Every forum has a modforum, why the fuck is this a secret?

JohnnyNemesis
01-16-2007, 09:10 AM
It's not .

F@ BANKZ
01-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Well i never heard of a mod forum before quite a long time into my posting, i doubt they'd keep it a secret but it's not likly they'll remind us thy have better access to the forums than us all the time.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-16-2007, 05:11 PM
My god! If the mods have their own forums, how many post does TUNB have there?!

Lodat225
01-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Every forum has a modforum, why the fuck is this a secret?

So you revived an 8 month old thread just to say something we already know?

Tijs
01-17-2007, 02:26 PM
We also have this. (http://www.offspring.com/forums/modcp)

JohnnyNemesis
01-17-2007, 05:15 PM

I actually found this amusing. Quite amusing, actually.

0r4ng3
01-17-2007, 07:27 PM
I don't get it. It's just another login page.

T-6005
01-17-2007, 08:48 PM
I want to be a mod just to be able to log in through that cool looking page.

JoY
01-22-2007, 04:46 AM

uh, the same postcount he has anywhere else? any posts made there aren't registered seperately from the rest of your posts.

heeeeyy, I'd never seen that before. cool!

Chaotic
01-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Yeh that login page looks pretty awesome. im thinking i should make an Offspring theme for my forum and site just for me XD On my friends site i have, what was it. 967 posts i think. Anyway mod forums arent exactly secret. Also it is rather stupid to post on a topic that is over a month old. Pretty much every forum I've been on would give you a warning for bumping an old topic.

Mannen som blev en gris
01-22-2007, 09:22 AM
Yeh that login page looks pretty awesome. im thinking i should make an Offspring theme for my forum and site just for me XD On my friends site i have, what was it. 967 posts i think. Anyway mod forums arent exactly secret. Also it is rather stupid to post on a topic that is over a month old. Pretty much every forum I've been on would give you a warning for bumping an old topic.

o.o What.

They say my message is too short but I don't think you deserve anything more.

JoY
01-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Pretty much every forum I've been on would give you a warning for bumping an old topic.

powerhungry nazis you know for moderators then.
if one doesn't repeatedly make mistakes here, he/she can afford to make a relatively small one without warning. I'd say it speaks for itself. sometimes a thread begs to be revived, sometimes people don't know about forumrules & sometimes people temporarily choose to ignore them, because they've built up some credits. & some people are so well aware of forumrules, they really don't need an explanation, or warning.

Chaotic
01-22-2007, 08:23 PM
What i meant by warning is they'd say something along the lines of "dont do it again" But they wouldnt actually give you a warning point. The ones that lead to enternal banning XD. Some forums do deserve to be revived but if no one wants to talk about something and the forum goes dead, then why revive it for it to happen again?

Wolfbutter
01-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah, the Buddy List isn't all thet helpful.

Sin Studly
01-23-2007, 06:18 PM
a) I forgot that in this forum there are 8-month old topics on the first page, and I tend not to look at the dates.

b) The moderators aren't twelve enough to care.

Chaotic
01-23-2007, 08:28 PM
I guess that comment was aimed at the fact that im 14, and you being so much more mature than me decided that you would attempt to insult me as such. Just so you know, the owners of all the forums i go on are about 20 or above. I was merely stating that i have encountered different responses to ones at this forum. So please dont be idiotic enough to attempt to insult me. I mean seriously, look at yourself. You need to insult a 14 year old? sorry but you have issues

WebDudette
01-23-2007, 08:34 PM
I think it had more to do with the moderators on the forums you frequent acting childish. Not actually being kids. He wasn't even really insulting you.

JohnnyNemesis
01-23-2007, 09:12 PM
you have issues

This phrase needs to be banned.

Mota Boy
01-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Also it is rather stupid to post on a topic that is over a month old. Pretty much every forum I've been on would give you a warning for bumping an old topic.Thought it's already been mentioned, this particular forum doesn't have much activity as it is, so if we decided to get anal about people posting tangentially related discussion in a thread that's not even halfway down the page, we wouldn't hardly have any activity at all. Also, I don't really care to run around castigating individual users merely because they post after some magical date has passed.

JoY
01-24-2007, 01:18 PM
What i meant by warning is they'd say something along the lines of "dont do it again" But they wouldnt actually give you a warning point. The ones that lead to enternal banning XD. Some forums do deserve to be revived but if no one wants to talk about something and the forum goes dead, then why revive it for it to happen again?

my point still stands, buddy.

Edit; & so does Mota's.

Sin Studly
01-24-2007, 02:06 PM
I guess that comment was aimed at the fact that im 14, and you being so much more mature than me decided that you would attempt to insult me as such. Just so you know, the owners of all the forums i go on are about 20 or above. I was merely stating that i have encountered different responses to ones at this forum. So please dont be idiotic enough to attempt to insult me. I mean seriously, look at yourself. You need to insult a 14 year old? sorry but you have issues

a) I don't know how old you are

b) I don't care how old you are.

c) I don't care about anything about you at all.

d) I don't care if you choke on fucking drano.

e) Quit being so twelve.