PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Monkeys

Mushroom
03-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Who is is loving the Arctic Monkeys right now? They Rock!

jacknife737
03-17-2006, 10:13 AM
It seems that everyone I know always talks about this band, I saw them on SNL the other day, they wern't that impressive.

Mushroom
03-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Listen to the album, It'll blow you away!

Yatesy
03-17-2006, 11:41 AM
On first hearing this band I though the album would be half-decent, When The Sun Goes Down is a really catchy song. Then I heard the album and I have to say it's shit, seriously I didn't have that high expectations but I found it extremely dissappointing. The album would be much better if they had a singer who could actually sing or at least have some original songs.

offspringrammsteinfan
03-17-2006, 12:35 PM
It's pretty cool. When I first got it I listened to it loads.

Emily_offspring_fan
03-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Yeah they're cool.

Andy
03-17-2006, 03:31 PM
They're a good indie-pop band. They make catchy tunes that play well on your radio on the way to work. I haven't listened to the CD, but someone I know has it and has yet to remove his dick from their collective arseholes.

For that reason, I stay away.

mrconeman
03-17-2006, 03:34 PM
They are absolutely nothing specail, at all.
They are exactly the same as every other indie band to come out of england in the pasy 10 years - crap. For some stupid reason the media just decided to back this band in particular and as usual, everyone beleives the hype, I wish they would take the singers word for it in the video when he says "dont beleive the hype".

offspringrammsteinfan
03-17-2006, 03:40 PM
They are absolutely nothing specail, at all.
They are exactly the same as every other indie band to come out of england in the pasy 10 years - crap. For some stupid reason the media just decided to back this band in particular and as usual, everyone beleives the hype, I wish they would take the singers word for it in the video when he says "dont beleive the hype".

I downloaded it in november, or maybe earlier. It was a torrent file and since I liked the albumtitle "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not" I thought "let's give them a try". So I putted that torrent file into my bitcomet and suspected it to be average. But it really suprised me to be as good as it is.

So dont say people listen to it because it happens to be a hype.
The media made a hype from them because they happen to be really good, if that's not your opinion well than YOU should not listen to them, other people who like them still should.

mrconeman
03-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Oh dont get me wrong, I have no problem with people listening to them who genuinley like them, fair dos to those folks, but you have to admit, if it wasnt for the media hype, they wouldnt have half the fan base that they do have due to idiotic scenesters getting caught up in the media frenzy.

offspringrammsteinfan
03-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Oh dont get me wrong, I have no problem with people listening to them who genuinley like them, fair dos to those folks, but you have to admit, if it wasnt for the media hype, they wouldnt have half the fan base that they do have due to idiotic scenesters getting caught up in the media frenzy.

that's true, if it wasn't for the media hype they wouldn't have half their fanbase. But that counts the same for a lot of bands, included the offspring.

Sometimes the media hypes a band that dissurves to be hyped, it doesn't happen much but sometimes it does.