PDA

View Full Version : Offspring B-Sides Album

Mushroom
03-17-2006, 10:45 AM
Wouldn't it be great if the offspring could release an album of the b-sides they have. I was having a look at all the singles the offspring have released around the world i got thinking loads of people haven't heard songs like D.U.I, Bhagdad, Smash It Up, I Wanna Be Sedated and loads of other stuff (i'm sorry to say, myself included)I would be so hapopy if that happened.

WebDudette
03-17-2006, 11:05 AM
For your sake never make a thread before using the search button. Also all the songs listed are on the boards some were

Hypodermic_89
03-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Wouldn't it be great if the offspring could release an album of the b-sides they have..

No.. Well maybe. I think we should wait at least til the new album is released before we talk about any more compliations.

Mushroom
03-19-2006, 09:25 AM
No.. Well maybe. I think we should wait at least til the new album is released before we talk about any more compliations.

Yeah, good point, If they did release another compilation people would think they were over.

Camilamazed
03-19-2006, 01:16 PM
It should have been released waaaay before the GH or it would have been two CDs. B-side and GH in one.

Llamas
03-19-2006, 02:46 PM
I agree with cami. I don't want them to release it now- should be released either after this next album, or after they're through.

Hux
03-19-2006, 04:34 PM
B-side and GH in one.
That would've been a great idea, apart from the Greatest Hits they should've made the dual disc with the second CD also containing b-sides and such.

HeadAroundU
03-19-2006, 04:42 PM
I'd like to have "Best of" + "B-side" in one and Complete music video collection vol.2 but when they retire.

offspring_freak_3
03-19-2006, 04:51 PM
I'd like to have "Best of" + "B-side" in one and Complete music video collection vol.2 but when they retire.
thats a good ideia! plus an live dvd or live cd with at least 2 hours would be a great idea!

Llamas
03-19-2006, 05:50 PM
when they break up, I'd love a b-sides and a live dvd/cd. I think it'd be fun if they did some sort of really fun documentary, too... like, as part of the live dvd or something. just where they talk about how the band got together, what they feel about their music, maybe show us how they travel, and their hometowns. I think that'd be fun.

JohnnyNemesis
03-19-2006, 08:17 PM
I think a B-Sides collection would be cool, but it might also be lame since they're mostly covers and there isn't much original unreleased/B-Side/Bonus material aside from Huck It (IT'S UNRELEASED IN THE UNITED STATES SO SHUT THE FUCK UP BECAUSE WE DON'T NEED TO DISCUSS THIS FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME!!!), Defy You, DUI, and Mission From God.

Llamas
03-19-2006, 08:36 PM
huck it
I'll be waiting demo
blackball demo
living in chaos demo
dirty magic acoustic
alternate jennifer lost the war (what are we heading for)
alternate vultures
acoustic defy you
baghdad
beheaded 99
dui
hand grenades
mission from god
original prankster demo
out on patrol demo (revelations)
smash it up
the blurb

and all the covers:
totalimmortal
bloodstains
52 girls
80 times
autonomy
hey joe
I got a right
one hundred punks
sin city

that's a hefty cd I'd love to have. Plus, I bet they have a lot of unreleased material that isn't anywhere on the internet.

Hux
03-20-2006, 12:35 AM
Just Offspring b-sides, rarities, demos, remixes etc...

100 Punks
52 Girls
80 Times
Autonomy
Baghdad
Beheaded '99
Blackball (demo)
Bloodstains
Blurb, The
Cocktail ?
Defy You
Defy You (acoustic)
Defy You (acoustic) (demo)
Dirty Magic (acoustic)
DUI
Get It Right (demo)
Hand Grenades
Hey Joe
Hey Joe '96
Hopeless ?
Huck It ?
I'll Be Waiting (demo)
I Got A Right
I Wanna Be Sedated
Jennifer Lost The War (demo)
Kid's Aren't Alright, The (island remix) ?
Kid's Aren't Alright, The (lounge version) ?
Kid's Aren't Alright, The (wise guys remix) ?
Kill The President
Living In Chaos (demo)
Mission From God
Original Prankster (demo 1)
Original Prankster (demo 2)
Out On Patrol (demo)
Sin City
Smash It Up
Take It Like A Man (demo)
Territorial Pissings
Total Immortal
Vultures (alternate)
When You're In Prison (musical) ?
Why Don't You Get A Job (baka boys remix) ?

Maybe these (apart from the remixes and musicals) could go on.

Camilamazed
03-20-2006, 07:13 AM
Remixes soooooooooooo suck. They should be forgotten.

Peedr
03-20-2006, 07:26 AM
when they break up Hope, it'll never happen! ;)

offspring_freak_3
03-20-2006, 01:04 PM
huck it
I'll be waiting demo
blackball demo
living in chaos demo
dirty magic acoustic
alternate jennifer lost the war (what are we heading for)
alternate vultures
acoustic defy you
baghdad
beheaded 99
dui
hand grenades
mission from god
original prankster demo
out on patrol demo (revelations)
smash it up
the blurb

and all the covers:
totalimmortal
bloodstains
52 girls
80 times
autonomy
hey joe
I got a right
one hundred punks
sin city

that's a hefty cd I'd love to have. Plus, I bet they have a lot of unreleased material that isn't anywhere on the internet.
thats not an alternate version, its the jennifer lost the war demo. the only alternate version is vultures, it was not made by the band, its just the song in 5.1 surround sound that someone ripped from the huck it dvd

Llamas
03-20-2006, 09:30 PM
thats not an alternate version, its the jennifer lost the war demo. the only alternate version is vultures, it was not made by the band, its just the song in 5.1 surround sound that someone ripped from the huck it dvd

no... it's alternate because the vocals are different notes. I think you've heard a different one than I have.

HeadAroundU
03-21-2006, 09:16 AM
@ilovellamas
Smash it up is cover too...

offspring_freak_3
03-21-2006, 09:22 AM
no... it's alternate because the vocals are different notes. I think you've heard a different one than I have.
so, where u donwloaded it? can u post it?

electric_alexa
03-21-2006, 09:45 AM
It should have been released waaaay before the GH or it would have been two CDs. B-side and GH in one.
yeah that would have been cool :D

Llamas
03-21-2006, 04:04 PM
headaroundu: it's a cover? huh, I never knew that.

offspring freak: it's somewhere in bd007 or whatever's signature site...

offspring_freak_3
03-21-2006, 06:35 PM
^^ yeah thats not an alternate version, its the Jennifer Lost The War demo, like i said before, there is not a alternate version of jennifer lost the war, only vultures and a few ones i made from the complete music video collection

Llamas
03-21-2006, 09:04 PM
sorry, I meant that the vultures alternate has different vocals, it's not just ripped with different sound.

OffspringPhreak
03-21-2006, 10:07 PM
Noodles said in an interview(I think on MTV 2?) before Splinter came out that they wanted to do a B-Side album called Besides. From what I remember it seemed like they were just joking around, but it'd be cool to get a B-Side cd or a 2-Disc set of B-Sides and unreleased demos and stuff.

.:SMASH:.
03-21-2006, 10:10 PM
no no no no no.

and may i add no

Llamas
03-21-2006, 10:14 PM
why are people against a b-sides album? I don't get it.

03-21-2006, 10:27 PM
why are people against a b-sides album? I don't get it.
i personally just think the greatest hits album is enough. offspring don't need anymore money. yes, maybe it would be nice if thy made a b-sides album, but is that really necessary? if you liked them enough for them to do that, wouldn't you already have all the songs on it? on the topic of offspring making greatest hits 2, b-sides album etc, i have something to say: fuck that. i would hate it if they kept producing albums about old news, its like a newspaper re-telling the same stories, you don't buy the newspaper to read the thing you read last time you bought the newspaper. it's pointless. concentrate on a new album offspring!

Llamas
03-21-2006, 10:35 PM
By that logic, if you liked them enough, wouldn't you already get their LPs without them having to release them on cd? You know, they haven't necessarily recorded all their b-sides... I think that if they did a b-sides album, they could remaster songs or something, and release stuff they've never recorded.

03-22-2006, 12:39 AM
By that logic, if you liked them enough, wouldn't you already get their LPs without them having to release them on cd? You know, they haven't necessarily recorded all their b-sides... I think that if they did a b-sides album, they could remaster songs or something, and release stuff they've never recorded.
ok go believe that then

Llamas
03-22-2006, 01:40 AM
Why does that not sound feasable to you? Why are you convinced they're recorded everything they've written? And why might they not ever release something that they haven't recorded before?

DeAtHsTaR
03-22-2006, 07:42 AM
No, it's a demo, it was sent to record labels to get them signed probably two years before s/t was recorded.