PDA

View Full Version : Worst Offspring Lyrics...hard one!

bhg_rulz2
03-18-2006, 11:22 AM
well....i dont know if there's actually a bad lyric song from the offspring btu...

i think the worst is Da Hui...although is funny...and catchy =P

urs? :P

Drummerguy123
03-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Want You Bad by far. It is definately the worst Offspring song of all time.

offspring fan
03-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Da Hui... thats the worst offspring song i have heard.

Funderful Callan
03-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Conspiracy of One Is The Worst Song Ive Ever Heard By The Offspring. Sorry But It Sounds Like A Song They Put On To Finish Album Up :o

Jojan
03-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Original Prankster and in a way Want You Bad.

Corpse
03-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Want You Bad by far. It is definately the worst Offspring song of all time.

Why does everyone hate Want You Bad so much, okay it might not be there best song, but it is certainly not their worst.

Mr. Noodles
03-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Conspiracy of One Is The Worst Song Ive Ever Heard By The Offspring. Sorry But It Sounds Like A Song They Put On To Finish Album Up :o
Are u serious?!
I LOVE THAT SONG!

Drummerguy123
03-18-2006, 11:32 AM

Are you crazy? It may not be long, but the lyrics have a lot of meaning in them. Even the artwork has a lot of great symbolism.

Rutegard
03-18-2006, 11:38 AM
i can't point out such song....guess there isn't any in offspring career lol

Funderful Callan
03-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Are you crazy? It may not be long, but the lyrics have a lot of meaning in them. Even the artwork has a lot of great symbolism.

Ok Ill Listen To It Now But I Dont Know If I'll Enjoy It But I'll Liten Carefully. I'll Get Back to You

opivy21
03-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Don't Pick it Up
Original Prankster
Want You Bad
Da Hui
Worst Hangover Ever

Funderful Callan
03-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Oh Ok Ive Looked At The Forum Topic And I Thought It Meant Worst Offspring Song But If Its Lyrics Its Not Conspiracy Of One. I'll Get Back To You If I Can Think Of One

Funderful Callan
03-18-2006, 11:44 AM
Worst Hangover Ever

What!! They Are Fucking Amazing Lyrics!! How Dare You!!!!

Mr. Noodles
03-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Oh Ok Ive Looked At The Forum Topic And I Thought It Meant Worst Offspring Song But If Its Lyrics Its Not Conspiracy Of One. I'll Get Back To You If I Can Think Of One
Thank god u noticed that.
Personally, I don't think there are really any bad lyrics in the Offspring songs.
And I'd know, cuz all I do is sing 'em!

Funderful Callan
03-18-2006, 11:46 AM
I Got One!!! Me & My Old Lady. Its Not The Worst Lyrics But Its Just A Sick Song So I Had To Shame It By Putting It In This Topic :confused:

Mr. Noodles
03-18-2006, 11:47 AM
I Got One!!! Me & My Old Lady. Its Not The Worst Lyrics But Its Just A Sick Song So I Had To Shame It By Putting It In This Topic :confused:
Well, my parody wouldn't be any better.
Especially since I forgot all the lyrics to my parody.
Time for a re-write!

Drummerguy123
03-18-2006, 11:49 AM

Holy crap. Me and My Old Lady's lyrics are some of their best! :eek:

Funderful Callan
03-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Holy crap. Me and My Old Lady's lyrics are some of their best! :eek:

Yes I Know Their Like Their Best Lyrics But I Like All Of Offspring Lyrics But I Put Me And My Old Lady Cause It Has Sick Lyrics Cause i Couldnt Think Of Any Crap Lyriced Songs

Drummerguy123
03-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Yes I Know Their Like Their Best Lyrics But I Like All Of Offspring Lyrics But I Put Me And My Old Lady Cause It Has Sick Lyrics Cause i Couldnt Think Of Any Crap Lyriced Songs

I guess it is a guilty pleasure of mine, but I love songs with sick lyrics. They are so dark and make me feel all.....hmmmmm........I can't really describe the feeling, but it is cool. And sorry, but could please stop typing like that. I just have a pet peeve of incorrect grammar. I start itching everywhere. *scratches*

Funderful Callan
03-18-2006, 12:12 PM
I guess it is a guilty pleasure of mine, but I love songs with sick lyrics. They are so dark and make me feel all.....hmmmmm........I can't really describe the feeling, but it is cool. And sorry, but could please stop typing like that. I just have a pet peeve of incorrect grammar. I start itching everywhere. *scratches*

Like Wat.... With Capitals At The Begining Of Every Word? Sorry Its An Obsession. :D

Drummerguy123
03-18-2006, 12:17 PM
Like Wat.... With Capitals At The Begining Of Every Word? Sorry Its An Obsession. :D

Yes that. Does anybody have any hydrocortisone I could borrow? *scratches*

Corpse
03-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Yes that. Does anybody have any hydrocortisone I could borrow? *scratches*

Yer i keep some in my back pocket waiting for a case such as this, but i wouldnt exactly say its an allergy really, just a strange obsession.

Funderful Callan
03-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Hey do u think there is a phobia of people who are scared of people who type with capital letters at the beggining of every word? Lol (I didnt do it this time)

Drummerguy123
03-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Yer i keep some in my back pocket waiting for a case such as this, but i wouldnt exactly say its an allergy really, just a strange obsession.

Well, the rash has gone down now...

Drummerguy123
03-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Hey do u think there is a phobia of people who are scared of people who type with capital letters at the beggining of every word? Lol (I didnt do it this time)

*golf clap*

Funderful Callan
03-18-2006, 12:42 PM
*golf clap*

LOL :) I Wish!!

Hypodermic_89
03-18-2006, 02:04 PM
The worst lyrics are probably.............

offspring_freak_3
03-18-2006, 02:49 PM
i agree with who said da hui, although i dont like the blurb lyrics :p na just kiddin

i really dont like when you're in prison and pretty fly

Camilamazed
03-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Gotta be Da Hui

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Hit That .

Tired_Of_You
03-18-2006, 04:51 PM
LOL :) I Wish!!Die already.

Drummerguy123
03-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Hit That .
I can see why people wouldn't like Da Hui, but Hit That does have meaningful lyrics, even if it's not a very serious song.

jacknife737
03-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Don't Pick it Up- that line about 'doggy doo'

Drummerguy123
03-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Don't Pick it Up- that line about 'doggy doo'
lol. I don't see what's so bad about that one either.

Ryder1234
03-18-2006, 05:20 PM
wyip

(ten letters)

bhg_rulz2
03-18-2006, 07:06 PM
i agree with who said da hui, although i dont like the blurb lyrics :p na just kiddin

i really dont like when you're in prison and pretty fly

you are aweosme =*..haha..i was that guy =P

offspring_freak_3
03-18-2006, 07:09 PM
^^ WOW! thanks..... i guess

Llamas
03-18-2006, 07:32 PM
worst lyrics:
worst hangover ever
demons
so alone
walla walla
she's got issues
way down the line

Ninty Man
03-18-2006, 07:39 PM
worst lyrics:
worst hangover ever
demons
so alone
walla walla
she's got issues
way down the line

Shit way down the line???

Da Hui it's their worst work ever in any sense

Llamas
03-18-2006, 07:41 PM
yes, way down the line. there's nothing clevera bout how the wrote those lyrics... I like the sound of the song, and the topic is fine, but the lyrics aren't really clever or anything.

oja
03-18-2006, 08:44 PM
okay let's see,,,

ok as a lyric da hui is one of the worst things but it is catchy

the worst would have to be "when you're in prison"

i mean are you fuckin kidding with me???

"when you're in prison don't turn the other way..."

yeah right were you drunk or did you have justice problems???

anyway

i also don't like original prankster lyrics

perhaps they make some sense but i just don't get it

i don't know much englich im from argentina but...

anyway good bye!!!

(when you're in prison and original prankster)

Browler
03-18-2006, 08:44 PM
I think the worst one is When You Are In Prision ... In what were they thinking when they decidid to put in Splinter? I think in my own opinion that is a kind of coarseness for his fans.

But if we took apart When You Are In Prison I think the worst are:
NUMBER ONE 52 Girls
Da Hui What's the meaning of this song?
Burn It Up
The Worst Hangover

nameless
03-18-2006, 09:04 PM
worst hangver ever!

Mr. Noodles jr. the first
03-18-2006, 09:05 PM
i don't have 1 how could u not like Da Hui?! its the greatest song other than BEHEADED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Llamas
03-18-2006, 09:12 PM
I think the worst one is When You Are In Prision ... In what were they thinking when they decidid to put in Splinter? I think in my own opinion that is a kind of coarseness for his fans.

NUMBER ONE 52 Girls
Burn It Up
The Worst Hangover

da hui is a group of surfers in california who are awesome and very agressive.

and burn it up?? I love that song. i love the lyrics.

and when you're in prison is funny, I like the lyrics. I don't like to listen to it often, but the lyrics are good :P

Drummerguy123
03-18-2006, 09:15 PM

NUMBER ONE 52 Girls
Burn It Up
The Worst Hangover

52 Girls is a B-52's cover
Da Hui is about these big surfers in Hawaii that you don't fuck with
Burn it Up is a freaking awesome song
The Worst hangover's lyrics are actually pretty good, just not serious

.:SMASH:.
03-19-2006, 01:13 AM
i'm not gonna bag on offspring for lyrics. they may have a few bad ones, but they don't deserve criticism. there are far too many good lyrics by them. i feel like a bit of a jackarse dissing them for two or three bad ones and like 100 good ones

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-19-2006, 03:06 AM
I've always thought Da Hui had cool lyrics....

bhg_rulz2
03-19-2006, 10:08 AM
I've always thought Da Hui had cool lyrics....

personally i dont like the lyrics.....but its very catchy to sing it:D

Llamas
03-19-2006, 02:37 PM
i'm not gonna bag on offspring for lyrics. they may have a few bad ones, but they don't deserve criticism. there are far too many good lyrics by them. i feel like a bit of a jackarse dissing them for two or three bad ones and like 100 good ones

meh, everyone in their own way deserves respect and criticism. the offspring deserves far more respect than criticism, but they're not perfect...

jackass
03-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Worst Hangover Ever is the worst Offspring song ever.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Intermission

Llamas
03-19-2006, 05:34 PM
man I really like intermission. It's not a real song, but it's fun and I love how it breaks up the cd... plus it's creative and not like anything else they've ever put on an album.

rlplaymaker
03-19-2006, 07:19 PM
you guys are weird....want you bad is an EXCELLENT song...music video sucks, but its a great song
theres not one bad song on that whole album.......fuckin wierdos

Llamas
03-19-2006, 07:31 PM
not insulting your opinion here, but what makes it excellent? To me, when the song comes on somewhere that I'm not expecting it, my first thought (until dexter starts singing) is "ugh, I hate blink 182". It seriously sounds like a horrible pop-punk knock-off song to me. Lyrically, it's boring. It's not a song that I can really see dexter as meaning... so it lacks credibility to me... he's not outwardly mocking anyone, it doesn't seem to be meant to be a funny song, but it also doesn't work as a serious song. I don't see it as something most people can generally relate to, either. The chord progression and pattern is very generic and overdone... plus the sound of the song is totally overproduced. Just my opinion, but that's what I hear...

bd007h
03-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Pretty Fly, hands down

Drummerguy123
03-19-2006, 07:59 PM
not insulting your opinion here, but what makes it excellent? To me, when the song comes on somewhere that I'm not expecting it, my first thought (until dexter starts singing) is "ugh, I hate blink 182". It seriously sounds like a horrible pop-punk knock-off song to me. Lyrically, it's boring. It's not a song that I can really see dexter as meaning... so it lacks credibility to me... he's not outwardly mocking anyone, it doesn't seem to be meant to be a funny song, but it also doesn't work as a serious song. I don't see it as something most people can generally relate to, either. The chord progression and pattern is very generic and overdone... plus the sound of the song is totally overproduced. Just my opinion, but that's what I hear...

I definately agree.

Drummerguy123
03-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Pretty Fly, hands down

I don't personally like that song, but it's lyrics are clever.

Llamas
03-19-2006, 08:08 PM
I agree... lyrically, it is quite clever and funny. Not one of my favorites to listen to, though.

bhg_rulz2
03-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Pretty Fly, hands down

lyrically...realle good

Hux
03-19-2006, 11:54 PM
I can definately see your point.

Rufus
03-20-2006, 09:12 AM
The worst Offspring lyrics are The Blurb (if you count the wailing noises as lyrics) and Da Hui which is a good song but has bad lyrics

one_fine_day
03-20-2006, 01:06 PM
Pretty Fly for a White Guy is a bad song, lyrically and musically.

Corpse
03-20-2006, 01:23 PM
It was so big with the pop community it is unbelievable, yet with true offspring fans, not their best performance, its not exactly ya Ignition calibre lyrics or ya Ixnay On the Hombre music. Although Americana is a a simply great album

Dmarques
03-20-2006, 02:46 PM
The worst Offspring lyrics are The Blurb (if you count the wailing noises as lyrics) and Da Hui which is a good song but has bad lyrics

Yeah...that's true what you said about Da hui

XYlophonetreeZ
03-20-2006, 03:54 PM
The correct answer is Defy You. Race Against Myself gets an honorable mention.

Dex90
03-20-2006, 04:51 PM
"Worst Offspring Lyrics...hard one! "....dickhead

Ninty Man
03-20-2006, 05:51 PM
It was so big with the pop community it is unbelievable, yet with true offspring fans, not their best performance, its not exactly ya Ignition calibre lyrics or ya Ixnay On the Hombre music. Although Americana is a a simply great album

Such as Conspiracy

Splinter it's disappointing

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-20-2006, 05:53 PM
"Worst Offspring Lyrics...hard one! "....dickhead

Me no comprehendo.

bhg_rulz2
03-20-2006, 08:06 PM
Such as Conspiracy

Splinter it's disappointing

i dont think its dissapointing...i really like the album..i just hate the lenght...its so short!...at least The noose, Lightning Rod, Never gonna find me, race against myself, long way how...really great songs

Hux
03-20-2006, 08:54 PM
The correct answer is Defy You. Race Against Myself gets an honorable mention.
Why would that be? They both have meaningful lyrics (at least some in comparison), especially Race Against Myself, you'd think most of the "joke" songs would be here. All other songs which are serious are written well.

Ninty Man
03-20-2006, 09:14 PM
i dont think its dissapointing...i really like the album..i just hate the lenght...its so short!...at least The noose, Lightning Rod, Never gonna find me, race against myself, long way how...really great songs

The Noose, Long way, Hit that, (i dislike race), cant get my head., never gonna find me, and lightning rod

Enjoyable Spare me the details

And... all the others, crap

XYlophonetreeZ
03-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Why would that be? They both have meaningful lyrics (at least some in comparison), especially Race Against Myself, you'd think most of the "joke" songs would be here. All other songs which are serious are written well.
No, because they don't even try to give the joke songs good lyrics. Plus, some songs like Hit That which appear to be joke songs actually do have good lyrics with a little more meaning than appears on the surface.

Defy You: Come on. How can you not laugh at a line like WEEEEEE AAAAARE ALIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!? It's a stupid meathead anthem with horrible attempts to sound "tough" like "Get out of my face." If someone ever said that to me, I'd punch their face.

Race Against Myself: It's just another song whining about inadequacy. It reeks of Linkin-Park-style "I tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter" crying. Plus, there's nothing original about me-against-myself songs at all. The Offspring already did one, with Gotta Get Away.

bhg_rulz2
03-21-2006, 11:28 AM
No, because they don't even try to give the joke songs good lyrics. Plus, some songs like Hit That which appear to be joke songs actually do have good lyrics with a little more meaning than appears on the surface.

Defy You: Come on. How can you not laugh at a line like WEEEEEE AAAAARE ALIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!? It's a stupid meathead anthem with horrible attempts to sound "tough" like "Get out of my face." If someone ever said that to me, I'd punch their face.

Race Against Myself: It's just another song whining about inadequacy. It reeks of Linkin-Park-style "I tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter" crying. Plus, there's nothing original about me-against-myself songs at all. The Offspring already did one, with Gotta Get Away.

well made points...besides..race against myself is really cool...yeah...its like that linkin park u said...but its a great song =)

Llamas
03-21-2006, 04:06 PM
ram doesn't have terrific lyrics, but they're not the worst... and I just love the sound of the song.

pyromaniac
03-22-2006, 07:11 AM
The worst Offspring song lyrics would have to be:
"Hand Grenades"! Almost anybody could make a song like that.

Hux
03-22-2006, 07:28 AM

Defy You - It's in a song so it's different, he's not in a conversation with someone he's telling how he feels in a song and then people would then hear it out loud in front of everyone (is that clear?).

Race Against Myself - So what if there's more than one song about about fighting against yourself, they're both great and tell a different story just with the same storyline.

Llamas
03-22-2006, 11:45 AM
true, basically xyz seems to think that you can never write two songs about the same topic... you must HATE "end of the line", then. In fact, quite a few offspring songs deal with fighting against yourself... like Amazed and Get It Right. And what about meaning of life and all I want? Those are similar topics. Who cares? When you've released 7 albums, chances are that you've visited several feelings more than once...

And as far as defy you, I like the lyrics of that song. They're not the most original (though I like "when the wind blows, I'll lean into the wind, when my anger grows, I'll use it to win" and "all my will, all my strength, rip it out, start again"), but man I can listen to that song and feel power after hearing it. Sometimes simple lyrics can be VERY powerful. You probably are one of these people who blatantly hates green day, too. They're a band of simple lyrics, yet they come out very powerfully. I like that the offspring can get really deep and have some immensely complex lyrics, but I also appreciate their straight-forward stuff. Sometimes that's every bit as powerful.

pyromaniac
03-22-2006, 12:24 PM
true, basically xyz seems to think that you can never write two songs about the same topic... you must HATE "end of the line", then. In fact, quite a few offspring songs deal with fighting against yourself... like Amazed and Get It Right. And what about meaning of life and all I want? Those are similar topics. Who cares? When you've released 7 albums, chances are that you've visited several feelings more than once...

And as far as defy you, I like the lyrics of that song. They're not the most original (though I like "when the wind blows, I'll lean into the wind, when my anger grows, I'll use it to win" and "all my will, all my strength, rip it out, start again"), but man I can listen to that song and feel power after hearing it. Sometimes simple lyrics can be VERY powerful. You probably are one of these people who blatantly hates green day, too. They're a band of simple lyrics, yet they come out very powerfully. I like that the offspring can get really deep and have some immensely complex lyrics, but I also appreciate their straight-forward stuff. Sometimes that's every bit as powerful.
I completely agree with all of that.

bhg_rulz2
03-22-2006, 12:51 PM

absolutely true!...nice!

XYlophonetreeZ
03-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Holy freaking God. I answer an open-ended question in this forum and explain my reasons, and this is what you do? It seems that there can't be a "correct" answer to this thread unless I answer something like Worst Hangover Ever or Original Prankster, or ridiculously enough, The Blurb (which doesn't even HAVE real lyrics for fuck's sake). Look, all I'm saying is that the songs' lyrics are generic and cliche, and in Defy You's case, sort of corny and stupid. Musically, I really like Defy You. I'm not so big on Race Against Myself, but to each his own. But llama guy, I didn't need you to go on a Good Will Hunting-style analytical rant in which you assume a ton from a couple of small opinions I have about Offspring songs. "You hate Race Against Myself. You must also be the type of person that hates Green Day," etc.

I think you guys need to loosen up. I can't post something negative about the Offspring in this forum even in a thread that specifically ASKS for me to do that. And no, saying "Spare Me the Details lyrics are HORRIBLE OMG" doesn't count as negative, because those lyrics weren't even supposed to be good.

Hux
03-22-2006, 04:34 PM
I was just commenting on your reply in my perspective at least, relax man.

Llamas
03-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Holy freaking God. I answer an open-ended question in this forum and explain my reasons, and this is what you do? It seems that there can't be a "correct" answer to this thread unless I answer something like Worst Hangover Ever or Original Prankster, or ridiculously enough, The Blurb (which doesn't even HAVE real lyrics for fuck's sake).
Right, anyone who has said "the blurb" is a complete moron. The reason I replied to your post specifically was because of how you insulted the offspring for their lyrics. Comparing them to linkin park is totally unfair, and telling people they have to laugh at a certain line rubbed me the wrong way.

Look, all I'm saying is that the songs' lyrics are generic and cliche, and in Defy You's case, sort of corny and stupid. Musically, I really like Defy You. I'm not so big on Race Against Myself, but to each his own.
I'm fine with that opinion. I just had a problem with how you said it.

But llama guy,
*girl :p

I didn't need you to go on a Good Will Hunting-style analytical rant in which you assume a ton from a couple of small opinions I have about Offspring songs. "You hate Race Against Myself. You must also be the type of person that hates Green Day," etc.
I was just being a sarcastic snot :)

I think you guys need to loosen up. I can't post something negative about the Offspring in this forum even in a thread that specifically ASKS for me to do that. And no, saying "Spare Me the Details lyrics are HORRIBLE OMG" doesn't count as negative, because those lyrics weren't even supposed to be good.
The fact that they weren't supposed to be good doesn't make them any better... I wouldn't go around saying that Tatu has better lyrics than good charlotte, just because Tatu wasn't trying to have good lyrics... the fact still remains that Tatu's lyrics blow more :P

Emily_offspring_fan
03-23-2006, 09:50 AM
want you bad is the worst. i hate the song and the video.

bhg_rulz2
03-24-2006, 11:55 AM

i like the song...its happy haha...makes me wanna dance :P

Ninty Man
03-24-2006, 06:52 PM

The worst it's and will be Da Hui

notoriousdoc
03-25-2006, 03:04 AM
Nearly everything on CO1

killer_queen
03-25-2006, 10:19 AM
Uhh, I have to say almost all of them. Offspring is not good at writing lyrics in my opinion. So, I'm gonna say the ones with good lyrics. Me and My Old Lady, Pay the Man and Dirty Magic are okay. The others just suck.

Holger estonia
03-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Scrw you Conspiracy of One is great song

Ninty Man
03-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Nearly everything on CO1

Just All along, and Living in chaos...

Uhh, I have to say almost all of them. Offspring is not good at writing lyrics in my opinion. So, I'm gonna say the ones with good lyrics. Me and My Old Lady, Pay the Man and Dirty Magic are okay. The others just suck.

right... I think that you can write good lyrics... asshole

NMHFBD
03-26-2006, 02:46 AM
The fact that they weren't supposed to be good doesn't make them any better... I wouldn't go around saying that Tatu has better lyrics than good charlotte, just because Tatu wasn't trying to have good lyrics... the fact still remains that Tatu's lyrics blow more :P

OMFG!!! :eek: i'm speechless!! i'm shocked!! it's terrible! your post just made me cry! TATU...there's no words to descride how much i hate those whores! and they're from Russia...i'm so ashamed of that!
anything is better than tatu ANYTHING!!!EVEN SHIT IN ITSELF IS BETTER!!..i have no words..

that was offtopic but i couldn't keep myself from posting that..

bhg_rulz2
03-29-2006, 02:01 PM
OMFG!!! :eek: i'm speechless!! i'm shocked!! it's terrible! your post just made me cry! TATU...there's no words to descride how much i hate those whores! and they're from Russia...i'm so ashamed of that!
anything is better than tatu ANYTHING!!!EVEN SHIT IN ITSELF IS BETTER!!..i have no words..

that was offtopic but i couldn't keep myself from posting that..

hahah lol..ok..back to the thread

German Andres
03-30-2006, 06:25 AM
All Offspring lyrics are exellent, I cant think of anyone that is bad. However, I dont like Killboy Powerhead as much as the others... but I think it isnt written by The Offspring. :cool:

nerv
03-30-2006, 09:49 AM
hit that

HIT THAT

it's the only song i just can't ...like...i think it's that keyboard riff part. just sounds too "poppy"

bhg_rulz2
04-02-2006, 09:54 PM
hit that

HIT THAT

it's the only song i just can't ...like...i think it's that keyboard riff part. just sounds too "poppy"

i like hit that...lyrics are awesome haha

Ninty Man
04-02-2006, 09:57 PM
hit that

HIT THAT

Hey genius, its say lirics

The worst lyrics???

Da Hui

Llamas
04-02-2006, 10:09 PM
ninty man, you've said atleast 3 times in this thread that you don't like da hui... please, I'm a moment away from blocking your posts because I'm sick of reading about how much you hate da hui... and I don't want to block you because you often have interesting things to say... please?

ignition991
04-02-2006, 10:28 PM
All Offspring lyrics are exellent, I cant think of anyone that is bad. However, I dont like Killboy Powerhead as much as the others... but I think it isnt written by The Offspring. :cool:

Killboy powerhead was written by the didgits, the offspring just covered it

Llamas
04-02-2006, 10:44 PM
didjits* :D

ignition991
04-03-2006, 05:07 PM
heh, i thought i spelled it wrong, no big

randman21
04-19-2006, 07:45 AM
I like all of the Offspring's lyrics, but I'd probably say the worst are "Hit That". I like the song, though.

randman21
04-19-2006, 07:45 AM
Ahhh, no! It's "No Brakes". Frickin' awesome too, though.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-19-2006, 08:04 AM
Spare Me The Details, Can't Get My Head Around You, Da Hui, When You're In Prison, So Alone, Me And My Old Lady, the list goes on.

The Offspring have lots of bad lyrics.

Doesn't mean the songs are bad, just the lyrics suck. Well, any Splinter songs I've listed suck.

Lightyears
04-19-2006, 08:37 AM
For those who say "Pretty Fly", "OP" and "Hit That", I think alot of you are naming them because of their poppy, mainstream sound.

Thing is, thats the point.

They deliberatly released singles with lyrics that mocked society. And it worked.

Pretty Fly: straight up about wiggers and how lame they are.

Original Prankster: A knock at shock-value comedy. TV shows and bands doing retarded stuff just for attention. (Jackass comes to mind).

Hit That: about how guys and girls will fuck anything that moves these days, end up having kids from it, and not give a shit and a half about what happens to that kid because they are more concerned about moving on to the next piece of ass. Childeren of the future are doomed.

Not saying that people who are naming these songs are wrong. Just thought I'd explain that these songs have these lyrics for a reason. So Dexter could mock society in it's face on mainstream radio.

Imo. Thats real punk right there.

wheelchairman
04-19-2006, 10:26 AM
Without a doubt, Da Hui. Although Smash is a close second.

bhg_rulz2
04-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Without a doubt, Da Hui. Although Smash is a close second.

"Smash"??...damn..i love its lyrics..the song is awesome

wheelchairman
04-19-2006, 10:28 PM
It's a 30 year old man singing about not being cool enough. How awkward.

Ferret
04-20-2006, 02:54 AM
Next guy who says Da Hui is getting gay raped

Sasoolero
04-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Spare Me The Details, Can't Get My Head Around You, Da Hui, When You're In Prison, So Alone, Me And My Old Lady, the list goes on.

The Offspring have lots of bad lyrics.

Doesn't mean the songs are bad, just the lyrics suck. Well, any Splinter songs I've listed suck.

Spare me the details ? I think it's one of the best ! I love this song !

JohnnyNemesis
04-20-2006, 07:56 AM
Want You Bad is an absolutely horrible song in every way possible. The lyrics, the music, the message, everything about that song is just the worst.

Spare Me The Details is catchy, but the lyrics are so horrible that I can never listen to it anymore. Not just some of the worst lyrics from The Offspring, but some of the worst lyrics I've heard anywhere. It wasn't supposed to be serious...it was supposed to be funny. But failed miserably there too. I'm also sick of women being portrayed as evil in every fuckin' song of every genre, but that's a rant for another day.

Defy You is predictable, corny, and just plain generic. There is absolutely nothing distinct about that song lyrically or musically. You could've told me that any random alternarock band recorded that song and there would be no fucking difference.

Hit That is one of their better written songs because it combines humor and seriousness to comment on contemporary society.

Autonomist
04-20-2006, 08:12 AM

Da Hui, you idiot.

I'm not scrolling up to quote JohnnyNemesis, but on top of everything he said about Want You Bad I have more points to add. This has easily got to be the worst song The Offspring have ever done, and I don't use that term lightly. Another thing that also gets me up about that song is just how clever Dexter thought he was for writing such lyrics, and I quote (though not an exact quote) "It's suppose to be misleading, because you would think the guy wants the girl really bad. But then you listen to the lyrics and you realise, he actually wants her to be bad!"

So what? What's the significance in that? Anyone who gets that without you having to explain it to them isn't really going to care. The cherry on top is that the guitar, bass and drums all sound extemely recycled, and not just in a 3 chord punk rock way.

I could go on and on...

The Search Button
04-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Reading what some of you had just posted, i wonder if anyone in here could do a better job lyricaly or musicaly than The Offspring.

Ninty Man
04-20-2006, 02:27 PM

And you're a freak posting in a BBS... about a band that's not cool for you

JohnnyNemesis
04-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Reading what some of you had just posted, i wonder if anyone in here could do a better job lyricaly or musicaly than The Offspring.

The answer is yes, as far as SOME lyrics go.

Original prankstA
04-20-2006, 03:30 PM
that song has some of the best lyrics out there with a lot of deep meanig, and it's a pretty awsome song

wheelchairman
04-20-2006, 11:35 PM
And you're a freak posting in a BBS... about a band that's not cool for you
I never said I didn't like the Offspring. I just said I didn't like some songs. You must have the world's smallest penis to feel threatened by my opinion in such a way.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
04-21-2006, 04:47 AM

Why?

Half of the song is just "I DON'TWANNA FUCK WITH DA HUI!!!1"

Very compelling lyrics, there. :rolleyes:

Ninty Man
04-21-2006, 04:34 PM
I never said I didn't like the Offspring. I just said I didn't like some songs. You must have the world's smallest penis to feel threatened by my opinion in such a way.

How the hell you know about my penis :eek: :rolleyes:

No, I just feel that well, you must be an asshole to critic someone who you don't like how he writes THE BANDS SONGS...

well, whatever

JohnnyNemesis
04-21-2006, 04:39 PM
No, I just feel that well, you must be an asshole to critic someone who you don't like how he writes THE BANDS SONGS...

But that's what this whole fucking thread is about! What the hell else is he supposed to talk about here?

Is he supposed to talk about how hot Dexter is? Whether Ron is a better drummer than Atom? Why his version of the S/T album doesn't have Kill the President on it?

What the fuck?

Ninty Man
04-21-2006, 04:41 PM
But that's what this whole fucking thread is about! What the hell else is he supposed to talk about here?

Is he supposed to talk about how hot Dexter is? Whether Ron is a better drummer than Atom? Why his version of the S/T album doesn't have Kill the President on it?

What the fuck?

well, damn, Im pwned this time... I think that I should't eat that weird brownie... sorry

NMHFBD
04-22-2006, 03:26 AM

OMFG!!!! 30 OLD MAN SINGING ABOUT NOT BEING COOL? ...ABOUT BEING WHO U REALLY ARE ...ABOUT GOING YOUR OWN WAY... WOW THAT'S JUST SO STUPID!!!! SO AWFUL !!SO FUCKED UP WOW!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!
WHAT ABOUT NITRO? IT'S 30 years OLD MAN SINGING ABOUT YOUTH ENERGY...WHAT THE FUCK???SONG ABOUT YOUTH ENERGY WAS WRITTEN BY 30 OLD MAN!!!BOOOOOOO!!!! WHAT A SHAME!!!

wheelchairman
04-22-2006, 03:38 AM
OMFG!!!! 30 OLD MAN SINGING ABOUT NOT BEING COOL? ...ABOUT BEING WHO U REALLY ARE ...ABOUT GOING YOUR OWN WAY... WOW THAT'S JUST SO STUPID!!!! SO AWFUL !!SO FUCKED UP WOW!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!
WHAT ABOUT NITRO? IT'S 30 years OLD MAN SINGING ABOUT YOUTH ENERGY...WHAT THE FUCK???SONG ABOUT YOUTH ENERGY WAS WRITTEN BY 30 OLD MAN!!!BOOOOOOO!!!! WHAT A SHAME!!!
Try to act more mature. Yes it it pathetic. When you get out of high school you will see how retarded lyrics like "I'm not a trendy asshole" really are. I never really listen to Nitro, so I don't know, but it sounds pretty stupid, yes.

What was the deal with the all-caps? Were you trying to look even more stupid?

Jalle
04-22-2006, 03:44 AM
lolz i like i want you bad very much :D

Emily_offspring_fan
04-22-2006, 06:34 AM
Actually, Smash and Nitro are great. In fact, I like a song for the lyrics and melodies, not for how old is the singer.

wheelchairman
04-22-2006, 06:47 AM
Actually, Smash and Nitro are great. In fact, I like a song for the lyrics and melodies, not for how old is the singer.
You're ignoring my point. It's not the fact that's he 30, it's the fact that he's 30 AND writing songs like this. I mean, THAT really is pathetic.

Emily_offspring_fan
04-22-2006, 06:49 AM
You're ignoring my point. It's not the fact that's he 30, it's the fact that he's 30 AND writing songs like this. I mean, THAT really is pathetic.
It could be pathetic to Dexter, but not for me.

ofsmurfsandpixies
04-22-2006, 07:06 AM
smash came out over 10 yrs ago-dexter could have been in college

wheelchairman
04-22-2006, 07:25 AM
smash came out over 10 yrs ago-dexter could have been in college
Dexter is almost 40 now. Stop being a retard.

German Andres
04-22-2006, 08:50 AM

You are right! I think those songs are the best of Smash (the album)

Podria haber escrito en castellano, ahora que me doy cuenta. Sigo sin poder escuchar canciones de Offspring en la radio!

Ninty Man
04-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Dexter is almost 40 now. Stop being a retard.

So???

The rolling Stones are near fosils and everyone loves them

Jack the Tripper
04-22-2006, 06:59 PM
The worst Offspring lyrics would probably be the lyrics to Da Hui and Want You Bad

Ninty Man
04-22-2006, 07:00 PM
The worst Offspring lyrics would probably be the lyrics to Da Hui and Want You Bad

Hey, I dedicate want you bad to a girl... and men... that night :D

wheelchairman
04-23-2006, 02:15 AM
So???

The rolling Stones are near fosils and everyone loves them
Read the entire conversation before you start trying to sound intelligent. I don't care that he's old, it's the fact that he sounds like a whiny 13 year old in Smash.

NMHFBD
04-23-2006, 02:32 AM
Try to act more mature. Yes it it pathetic. When you get out of high school you will see how retarded lyrics like "I'm not a trendy asshole" really are. I never really listen to Nitro, so I don't know, but it sounds pretty stupid, yes.

What was the deal with the all-caps? Were you trying to look even more stupid?

I'm not in high school for a long time already! smash doesn't sound pathetic to me and never did! i don't give a fuck what u thing about this song!
personally i love it. Oh u never listened to nitro. well never try then coz u might think this song even more pathetic and stupid than smash!

JohnnyNemesis
04-23-2006, 02:35 AM
Stop the fucking whining everyone, seriously. The title of the thread is WORST OFFSPRING LYRICS, and people are NOT going to always agree on this kind of thing.

[@M3R0N
04-24-2006, 04:57 PM
ok this is a hard one.... im gonna say that the lyrics to maybe da hui r the worste. it pretty much just says the same thing a lot. theres not much to it. but its not the worste song by offspring

Llamas
04-24-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm 21 years old and still live by not being a trendy asshole. It's not pathetic.

JohnnyNemesis
04-24-2006, 06:05 PM
...yes it is. To even think in those terms at this age is pathetic.

Llamas
04-24-2006, 06:09 PM
why? In this day and age, I see 21 year old girls coming to my classes in stilletos and short skirts, and their gaucho pants or whatever... it still bothers me and is still very prevalent. It still disgusts me. Just like the guys I see walking around with their popped collars and fossil watches. How is any different?

JohnnyNemesis
04-24-2006, 06:16 PM
why? In this day and age, I see 21 year old girls coming to my classes in stilletos and short skirts, and their gaucho pants or whatever... it still bothers me and is still very prevalent. It still disgusts me. Just like the guys I see walking around with their popped collars and fossil watches. How is any different?

So, basically, you have a problem with people who have different tastes than you? Be real now, the punk scene is just as trendy as any other scene; the only difference is that punks try to claim some sort of ridiculous mental superiority in the process while everyone else just chills the fuck out.

If judging others on bullshit fashion choices is what it takes to avoid being a trendy asshole, than I'm definitely a trendy asshole all the way.

offspring_freak_3
04-24-2006, 06:19 PM
i have to admit, JohnnyNemesis's posts r awesome, truly and he totally powns everyone, sometimes :p well done i really like to read your posts

Llamas
04-24-2006, 06:23 PM
I also enjoy reading JN's posts because he knows how to argue his side, unlike many people on this board. Also good opinions.

So, basically, you have a problem with people who have different tastes than you? Be real now, the punk scene is just as trendy as any other scene; the only difference is that punks try to claim some sort of ridiculous mental superiority in the process while everyone else just chills the fuck out.

If judging others on bullshit fashion choices is what it takes to avoid being a trendy asshole, than I'm definitely a trendy asshole all the way.

No, I don't have a problem with people who have different tastes than I do... many, I'd have a lot of problems, then! I am bothered a little bit by people who follow a trend to look special. I agree that the punk scene is every bit as trendy as any other scene, and I don't follow the punk scene, either. I don't follow trends, and I don't wear anything to impress anyone. That's what bothers me. I see where you're coming from with the whole punk scene thing, but I don't follow that, either. I follow what is comfortable to me, and people who do what's possible to impress others are what bother me.

Mr. Noodles
04-24-2006, 06:26 PM
I also enjoy reading JN's posts because he knows how to argue his side, unlike many people on this board. Also good opinions.

No, I don't have a problem with people who have different tastes than I do... many, I'd have a lot of problems, then! I am bothered a little bit by people who follow a trend to look special. I agree that the punk scene is every bit as trendy as any other scene, and I don't follow the punk scene, either. I don't follow trends, and I don't wear anything to impress anyone. That's what bothers me. I see where you're coming from with the whole punk scene thing, but I don't follow that, either. I follow what is comfortable to me, and people who do what's possible to impress others are what bother me.
Wow, that sounds like me.

JohnnyNemesis
04-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Thank you for the compliments, everyone; I appreciate them.

Thank you too.

But the thing is, by actively trying not to follow trends, I feel like you're compromising what might be your true tastes. I'm having trouble expressing what I'm trying to say, so let me put it this way: I have my tastes, and sometimes the things I like happen to become huge fucking trends, while sometimes they don't. However, caring about whether something is a trend or not is just way too fake because it makes me behave in ways I wouldn't otherwise.

offspring_freak_3
04-24-2006, 06:49 PM

you think like me. i dont wear what is on the trendy i only wear whats confortable to me, i hate when people tell me to wear certain tipes of clothes

JohnnyNemesis
04-24-2006, 07:00 PM
...avoiding certain kinds of clothes is also "trying". You're TRYING to wear types of clothes that are comfortable to you (whether physically or socially), and there is nothing wrong with that...

Llamas
04-24-2006, 07:16 PM
trying different things, though... if I'm trying to be comfortable, that's fine. I don't care if people try to be comfortable. I don't like when people try to impress people. Sure, let's say I really liked gaucho pants. I wouldn't not buy them just because they're in fashion. There's also a difference between people who wear something just because they like them, and people who are out to make a statement. People who wear something that's in fashion don't bother me. People who wear things in fashion to show something off are those that bother me.