PDA

View Full Version : Wow

Drummerguy123
03-18-2006, 02:40 PM
I never really payed too much attention to Blackball before today. Yeah, I knew it was a cool song, but I never really payed attention to the lyrics. Now I read them and they seem so powerful. Seriously, the only way I can describe this is that they hit me right in the gut. I think I might have a new favorite song...

In this world of hate and shallowness
Where enemies become your consolation
And those of us who win the game give up their minds
I don't call that winning

Say this doesn't apply to you
But ask yourself first
What have I won today to win the game
And just what have I sacrificed

Win the battle or lose the war
I know I've played this game before
When people were still real
I don't want this anymore
It's time for me to close the door
There's nothing left to feel

Reflect on all out yesterdays
My own words choke me, why were they spoken
Regret for things I've said and done just can't compare with
Regret for that I have never tried

So blame this world or blame yourself
It's really all the same
When you are standing on that precipice
From which you just cannot return

Win the battle or lose the war
I know I've played this game before
When people were still real
I don't want this anymore
It's time for me to close the door
There's nothing left to feel

In the style of forgotten men
I look to my horizon - I see nothing
While thoughts of guns and desecration sweep through my mind
But only coffins and bones remain

As I look to you, the emptiness behind your eyes seals my decision
Can't carry on in a world of jugglers where all this thoughtlessness
And bludgeoning your key to success
What kind of tradition to carry on

Blackball - The new disease
Blackball - Your evil ways have found their way inside me
Blackball - For a better life in this high tech dog eat dog existence

Jojan
03-18-2006, 03:30 PM
That's good for you. But you should really pay attention to ALL of The Offspring's songs. You could learn a thing or two.

Ryder1234
03-18-2006, 03:54 PM
yeah, this, along with no hero and lapd are my favorites

offspring_freak_3
03-18-2006, 04:14 PM
That's good for you. But you should really pay attention to ALL of The Offspring's songs. You could learn a thing or two.
yeah i have to agree. some offspring songs has great meanings and stuff, i learned a few things with some offspring songs :rolleyes: :p

Drummerguy123
03-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Did you guys not see my analysis of Ixnay? I pay very close attention to songs, I just happened to only notice how powerful this one is recently.

Llamas
03-18-2006, 07:29 PM
blackball has always been one of my favorites on s/t, mostly because of the lyrics. I think the s/t album has some of the band's best lyrics- the only reason it's #3 for me is because I don't like the music as much as on ignition or ixnay... but s/t owns on lyrics.

Ninty Man
03-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Did you guys not see my analysis of Ixnay? I pay very close attention to songs, I just happened to only notice how powerful this one is recently.

I must confess that I don't pay too much atenttion to the lyrics... only if I love the rhytm... but... I try to pay as much as I can... I mean... I wanna know what the hell are they talking about

Llamas
03-18-2006, 07:37 PM
oh, blackball is basically just about how blackballing is a disease to our society (blackballing is generally shunning people and judging them... racism, sexism, etc). It's pretty smart. I really like it.

Hux
03-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Dexter (mainly due to the lyrics) and The Offspring have excellent perspectives on life.

.:SMASH:.
03-19-2006, 01:09 AM
ever since i started listening to offspring harder and to the great lyrics they have, i have such a greater interest in their music. i even have new favorite songs by them like every fortnight. so far my two favorites at the moment are change the world and i'll be waiting.

i approve of this thread. 30 points

Come out and smash'em up!
03-19-2006, 04:50 AM
I think best lyrics are in smash like you can see my signature, Change the world and no hero have also good lyrics and burn it up also....TKAA and LAPD are criticitsing songs, but too cliche lyrics.

Dmarques
03-19-2006, 06:48 AM

Yeah. That's true.

Drummerguy123
03-19-2006, 07:04 AM
I think best lyrics are in smash like you can see my signature, Change the world and no hero have also good lyrics and burn it up also....TKAA and LAPD are criticitsing songs, but too cliche lyrics.

S/T, Ixnay, and Ignition have the best lyrics. In that order. Seriously.

Llamas
03-19-2006, 02:32 PM
hmm. I DEFINITELY think that s/t has THE best lyrics. By far. Every song on there except beheaded has very thought-provoking, deep, original lyrics. Also the topics on that album are incredible. After s/t, though, I don't know if I'd put ignition or ixnay... I might say ignition, because we are one, kick him when he's down, take it like a man, get it right, dirty magic, no hero, nothing from something, and forever and a day ALL have terrific lyrics and awesome topics. Ixnay has a few repeating themes, and too many songs with sub-par lyrics (me and my old lady, cool to hate, leave it behind, way down the line, don't pick it up...). Though, the good songs on ixnay have amazing lyrics, which still puts it right below ignition. (amazed and change the world have some of the best to date). Lyrically, my order is s/t, ignition, ixnay, smash, americana, splinter, co1. That's pretty different from my overall order of the albums... I've never really thought about that.