PDA

View Full Version : What CD is in your stereo?

Pages : [1] 2

wheelchairman
03-19-2006, 03:45 AM
Now before you toss this thread aside as trash, hear me out.

After careful consideration, I came upon a realization. There are two ways to listen to music. The easiest, and the path most often chosen by the internet cretin-youth of today, is to listen to music on your computer in the form of mp3 or wma or whatever. This form of music is so accessible that the plebian idiots of this site feel the need to constantly blare out there musical interests in that thread.

However, what today's youth has shunned, is the stereo. What today's youth does not buy, is the cd. How we can be extremely elitist, and differentiate ourselves from those bastards with their greenday cds. Is to go to a higher level that they cannot yet reach to, because they do not appreciate quality. Let us rise above the stench (yeah I'm pretty much plagiarizing Nietzche at this point.) of those inferiors.

This also limits the possible replies. For to reply again, you must have changed your cd, which could take up to 50 min. It may even stimulate discussion. Let's revel in our superiority and elitism.

I am listening to the CD
The Concert Collection by Johnny Cash. (there is no need for dashes in a thread full of people competent in the English language.)

p.s. here's a video of me and my totally 1337 stereo. (it's not 1337 in quality or price, but the door thing to the cd player part, opens in a n337 way.)
a video of my awesome stereo door. Stereo door video (http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2GSDMK6MU1P1N1TWGSKHJLZSS5)

Tizzalicious
03-19-2006, 03:47 AM
Chariot by Gavin DeGraw. <3 For that.

And I'm downloading the video, even though I know the awesomeness that is your stereo.

ninthlayer
03-19-2006, 03:49 AM
Last I remember my cd player had:
Fastball - All the Pain Money Can Buy
Matthew Good/Band - In a Coma
Elliott Smith - Figure 8

Generally I do just buy cds and upload them to my mp3 player, however, because I fucking love it. My stereo is mostly used to route sound from my television to my stereo speakers,

Tizzalicious
03-19-2006, 03:50 AM
Haha, you sound all rough and cool.

<3

wheelchairman
03-19-2006, 03:50 AM
Plebian filth. I can't believe I touched you.

ninthlayer
03-19-2006, 04:18 AM
I hope that you're referring to Tizz.

Tizzalicious
03-19-2006, 04:24 AM
He never touches me :(

JoY
03-19-2006, 04:25 AM
this obviously can only be solved, if Sean & Tizzster touch each other at night. then the circle is complete.

Louis Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald - Ella And Louis. that's what's in my CD player.
on the computer I'm listening to soundtracks of James Bond. *headbangs* "so he strikes.. like Thunderbaaaaaall" ooyeah baby.

ninthlayer
03-19-2006, 04:30 AM
this obviously can only be solved, if Sean & Tizzster touch each other at night. then the circle is complete.
I endorse this idea.

Tizzalicious
03-19-2006, 04:31 AM
Me too, so I guess it's a deal?

ninthlayer
03-19-2006, 04:33 AM
Yes, definitely.

JohnnyNemesis
03-19-2006, 07:36 AM
Fastball - All the Pain Money Can Buy

You're my favorite faggot <3333

Right now, by CD player is holding Disc 2 of 101 by Depeche Mode.

Mannen som blev en gris
03-19-2006, 07:59 AM
After careful consideration, I came upon a realization. There are two ways to listen to music. The easiest, and the path most often chosen by the internet cretin-youth of today, is to listen to music on your computer in the form of mp3 or wma or whatever. This form of music is so accessible that the plebian idiots of this site feel the need to constantly blare out there musical interests in that thread.

However, what today's youth has shunned, is the stereo. What today's youth does not buy, is the cd. How we can be extremely elitist, and differentiate ourselves from those bastards with their greenday cds. Is to go to a higher level that they cannot yet reach to, because they do not appreciate quality. Let us rise above the stench (yeah I'm pretty much plagiarizing Nietzche at this point.) of those inferiors.
I rarely agree with you, but this time... well, I can't really agree any more. I, too, for some reason have a feeling they don't appreciate the quality and beauty of the music as much as we do.

CDs in my stereo:
The Offspring - Ignition
The Offspring - st
Manowar - Sign of the Hammer

I put in those Offspring CDs last week because I hadn't listened to them for a while, but I think I'll change soon. I feel like listening to some Iced Earth and/or Helloween.

Tired_Of_You
03-19-2006, 08:07 AM
Stevie Ray Vaughan. I don't remember the name of the CD, though.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-19-2006, 08:14 AM
I have one of those 5 CD stereos. But the one that is in playing position is the CD that has never left the stereo once it entered it.

Ignition- The Offspring

Vera
03-19-2006, 08:34 AM
I love my mp3-player to death but what's also really fun is to do something in my room, say write a letter or something in my diary and hang out on my bed, listening to the good ol' Discman. I've never had stereos because mum hates my music and I just never wanted to go through that "Turn the music down!!"-argument every night. I mean, we have enough arguments as it is.

The cd in my Discman is "Look What I Almost Stepped In" by the Vandals. People rag on it but I still think it's probably the best Vandals-cd I own.

Andy
03-19-2006, 08:38 AM
The last CD I listened to via the use of a CD player was Cream's live BBC sessions. However, I have been inspired by this thread and shall go about purchasing a CD player/stereo type thingemajig when I get back to uni.

Drummerguy123
03-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I was just in the shower and I wanted a short cd to be playing as I took my shower, so The Offspring's Splinter is currently in it.

SaiKYoU
03-19-2006, 08:52 AM
to the 5 brough - beastie boys

el_monkey
03-19-2006, 09:12 AM
the black uhuru - LIBÉRATION the island anthology disc 2

All About Eve
03-19-2006, 09:16 AM
My stereo broken, otherwise I would use it all of the time. The last that was in there was most likely R.E.M.'s Greatest Hits.

Burnt.Offerings
03-19-2006, 09:34 AM
I've got one of those 5 disc changers
King Diamond - Abigail
Helloween KOTSK Pt.3 The Legacy
Kreator - Coma of Souls
Megadeth - Youthanasia
Offspring - Video Collection

Mushroom
03-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Alien Ant Farm- Anthology

That was the last one I could remember... could be Ignition cause I was playing along to dirty magic a little while ago.

Lithuanian Offspring
03-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Legacy: Absolute Best Disc 1 - The Doors
It really is all of their best songs.
Except they forgot to put "Riders on the Storm" on this one.

coke_a_holic
03-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Last I checked, it was Keasbey Nights by Catch 22, Animals Should Not Try to Act like People by Primus, and Houses of the Holy by Led Zeppelin. Yep.

Mannen som blev en gris
03-19-2006, 10:03 AM
I've got one of those 5 disc changers
King Diamond - Abigail
Helloween KOTSK Pt.3 The Legacy
Kreator - Coma of Souls
Megadeth - Youthanasia
Offspring - Video Collection
Hah, wait until TheUnholynightbringer sees you. You'll be his AAE.

wheelchairman
03-19-2006, 10:14 AM
This is NOT a thread to mention what is in every place on your cd stereo. We don't care, just what you are listening to. If you feel the temptation to list every cd. Then you DO NOT belong in this thread.

Right now I got
Kids on the Street - Cherry Poppin' Daddies

Burnt.Offerings
03-19-2006, 10:19 AM
Hah, wait until TheUnholynightbringer sees you. You'll be his AAE.
AAE? Sorry, as you can probably see I'm new here.

Mannen som blev en gris
03-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Oh, then maybe I should make clear that I have it on All Discs Shuffle (er, it's called something like that), so I'm listening to all of the CDs in it.

AAE? Sorry, as you can probably see I'm new here.
AAE is All About Eve. When he registered here Jebus pretty much fell in love with him because they had more or less the exact same music taste. And TheUnholyNightbringer is probably the biggest Iced Earth fan on here, so he might start... you know, to love you.

Burnt.Offerings
03-19-2006, 10:28 AM
AAE is All About Eve. When he registered here Jebus pretty much fell in love with him because they had more or less the exact same music taste. And TheUnholyNightbringer is probably the biggest Iced Earth fan on here, so he might start... you know, to love you.
Ahh, haha I see. Yeah Iced Earth are probably my favourite band and have been for few years. Didn't think there would be too many fans on an Offspring board.

Sorry wheelchairman, I'm not trying to hijack your thread.

Betty
03-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Oh, good timing!

The Moody Blues - Greatest Hits

An excellent disc.

clokey43
03-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Within Temptation - The Silent Force

A friend introduced me to them about 3 or 4 months ago. I like them because they generally go against the grain of most other cd's in my collection.

offspringrammsteinfan
03-19-2006, 10:59 AM
veils - the runaway found

It's already a whole week in my stereo, I love this cd a lot and it helps me a lot through hard times. The voice of the man is beautifull, a bit a cross between bob dylan and Everett (E from Eels). Their music might not be really brilliant (like it's not experimental/new) but it's from such a high standart that you forgive them.

wheelchairman
03-19-2006, 11:18 AM
A friend introduced me to them about 3 or 4 months ago. I like them because they generally go against the grain of most other cd's in my collection.
They are good, but the hippie forest spirit shit has got to go.

offspringrammsteinfan
03-19-2006, 11:21 AM

Yeah let's cut all the trees, to hell with the whole nature...

You know I think that was a pathetic thing you just said, right?

wheelchairman
03-19-2006, 11:22 AM

Shit, cause trees totally AREN'T a renewable resource. Like replanting them is all impossible. Don't be a stupid jackass.

P.S. You should try and understand my post. They actually sing about forest spirits, it's gay as fuck. Undeniable fact.

JoY
03-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Within Temptation - The Silent Force

I had no idea they were actually remotely popular anywhere outside the Netherlands. well, I heard rumours...

Tizzalicious
03-19-2006, 11:23 AM
I rarely agree with you, but this time... well, I can't really agree any more. I, too, for some reason have a feeling they don't appreciate the quality and beauty of the music as much as we do.

CDs in my stereo:
The Offspring - Ignition
The Offspring - st

I put in those Offspring CDs last week because I hadn't listened to them for a while, but I think I'll change soon. I feel like listening to some Iced Earth and/or Helloween.

Anyone else thinks this is ironic?

Andy
03-19-2006, 11:24 AM
I think everything is ironic.

offspringrammsteinfan
03-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Shit, cause trees totally AREN'T a renewable resource. Like replanting them is all impossible. Don't be a stupid jackass.

P.S. You should try and understand my post. They actually sing about forest spirits, it's gay as fuck. Undeniable fact.

Ok. My fault.

I don't agree on any of this but it's true that i'd misreaded your post.

JoY
03-19-2006, 11:31 AM
I fully agree.
that was only their first cd, though. their demo's were more about being fucking metal & fucking scary. I don't remember if they even had that chick back then. I don't think so.

then they got into that whole 'nature'/'balance'/'elements'/'mother earth' shit. they're great & have reached a nice musical level, but seriously... if I have to ignore something while listening to a cd so I don't get annoyed.. something is TRULY annoying.

they tried to lose that reputation with their latest cd, which is the one Clokey has, I think. they tried to adopt some kind of rock-flavour & mingle it with their metalish style. *shrugs* I'm not exactly updated. the last time I went to one of their concerts was 5 years ago in the demo-days. (I think?)

ThrashedThrasher
03-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Stone Temple Pilots - Core
Opeth - Damnation
Static X - Wisconsin Death Trip
Alice in Chains - Jar Of Flies
Pathos - Perdition Splits The Skies

and in my other stereo :

Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?
Dope - Felons & Revolutionaries
Strapping Young Lad - Alien

JoY
03-19-2006, 11:39 AM

*raises eyebrow*
at this point, knowing a bit about you from your posts, I'm guessing you're blindly defending Within Temptation, because they're Dutch, when it's painfully obvious you have no idea what their songs are about & what Within Temptation is about. (actually, *was* about)

either that, or you're one overly active nature activist gone paranoid, that hears & reads "I HATE NATURE" in every sentence containing either one of those words. just like those asses in Amsterdam, that always seem to hear "I HATEZ THE NIGG0RZ & WANT TO SHOOTZ THEM" & work with an aggressive defense system.

Lars
03-19-2006, 11:43 AM
currently: The Evens - The Evens

before that:
onelinedrawing - the volunteers
onelinedrawing - visitor
Jacek Lachowicz - Jacek Lachowicz
Jonah Matranga - Theres A Lot In Here
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
Score One For Safety - Animals and Objects EP
Secondsmile - Walk In To The Light And Reach For The Sky

The first few are in the order then I'm a bit unsure.

wheelchairman
03-19-2006, 11:43 AM
This is NOT a thread to mention what is in every place on your cd stereo. We don't care, just what you are listening to. If you feel the temptation to list every cd. Then you DO NOT belong in this thread.

You stupid stupid people.

offspringrammsteinfan
03-19-2006, 11:44 AM
*raises eyebrow*
at this point, knowing a bit about you from your posts, I'm guessing you're blindly defending Within Temptation, because they're Dutch, when it's painfully obvious you have no idea what their songs are about & what Within Temptation is about. (actually, *was* about)

either that, or you're one overly active nature activist gone paranoid, that hears & reads "I HATE NATURE" in every sentence containing either one of those words. just like those asses in Amsterdam, that always seem to hear "I HATEZ THE NIGG0RZ & WANT TO SHOOTZ THEM" & work with an aggressive defense system.

For first: I got all their cd's and have seen them live for like 4 times.

second: Yes I love the nature, and willing to defend it.

Third: No I ain't paranoid, and I have good eyes & ears.

JoY
03-19-2006, 11:44 AM
hey, at least I'm cool.

:cool: :confused: :o

wheelchairman
03-19-2006, 11:45 AM
She was trying to say that you are illiterate.

Tizzalicious
03-19-2006, 11:45 AM

You just suck at English?

ThrashedThrasher
03-19-2006, 11:47 AM

O.o

Ehhh both my stereos are on and on song memory shuffle so they play certain songs off certain CDs and it changes after every song. So I can't really put down one CD that's in there if it's going to change in 3 minutes anywas.

nieh
03-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans

Purdy <3

wheelchairman
03-19-2006, 11:48 AM
O.o

Ehhh both my stereos are on and on song memory shuffle so they play certain songs off certain CDs and it changes after every song. So I can't really put down one CD that's in there if it's going to change in 3 minutes anywas.
You are listening to two songs at once? Get out of this thread.

Preocupado
03-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Madonna - Her Confessions are nothing but a big insipid shallow ball of turn off, and i'm saying that because i expected much more erotic and spicy contents from the bitch. But the Dance Floor part has such a well recorded smooth sound throught the entire cd that it becomes a pleasant background sound.

The only music that goes off tunes with the rest of the album is the Abba song. They put an electronic sprint at the beggining of the song to make it sound like it belongs in there, but it doesn't.

Cejus
03-19-2006, 11:58 AM
Placebo - Black Market Music

I love this album. Actually, I have 6 CDs on the charger, but that's the one I listen to the most, beacuse it's the first one. And I've always preferred listening to CDs instead of MP3s: that way I don't have to have my PC always on. And the sound quality is way better, too.

JoY
03-19-2006, 12:04 PM
For first: I got all their cd's and have seen them live for like 4 times.

second: Yes I love the nature, and yes I'm working with it loads.

first of all: that doesn't mean you've understood all their messages correctly. because if you already misread Per's post, I think it's WELL possible you never quite got their lyrics. besides; their concerts used to be for free.

secondly: I didn't ask if you work with it loads & if you LIKE nature. I think nature is fantastically brilliant, but I don't go around worshipping the elements, the waking up of the earth every morning - even though I do find all that quite enjoyable. I don't go around telling every single thing has a soul of it's own.

see the difference? loving nature & taking care of it a little/disliking trees being chopped down VS. worshipping nature HIPPY-like & spreading the word.

she doesn't sing "pick up that silver candy wrapping", but about how our planet has it's own soul. singing that, they step into a grey area in Mother Earth. an area generally our scientific society considers to be bullshit. the music on Mother Earth generally is either about the soul of our planet, or about emotions/memories also described with aspects/elements of nature as a metaphore. it's "zweverig", that's what Per means. & he's right.

"zweverig" indeed. but damn, ignoring that fact, they've always been talented motherfuckers.

third: it's the step of interpretation in the process of communication that is off.

Tizzalicious
03-19-2006, 12:06 PM
she doesn't sing "pick up that silver candy wrapping"

<333333333333

offspring fan
03-19-2006, 12:07 PM
right now.....
smashing pumpkins - earphoria

wheelchairman
03-19-2006, 12:07 PM
You know what's much prettier than the sun rising over a forest covered mountain in spring?

The reflection of the morning sun in the windows of factories and industrial buildings that have the feel of the 19th century on them. I see this every morning. And it is an awesome sight. Or this harbor near where I live in the morning when the sun shines over the probably gas-filled waters surrounded by the typical harbor views of ships docking, steam rising, and loud horns.

Pff nature.

JoY
03-19-2006, 12:11 PM
*bursts into loud laughter*

I don't even know why that cracked me up. just imagining Per, I suppose, first with a raised eyebrow totally "wtf"-ed & then with his little indexfinger pointed at the door. ("get outta hea!")

ThrashedThrasher
03-19-2006, 12:13 PM

It's not as if both stereos are in the same room jackass.

notoriousdoc
03-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Surprises never end.

Anyway, I buy LOADS of CDs, my collection must be about 160, of generally discerning taste (although I bought an Aiden CD on Saturday *cringes* that bitch is going back) Currently in my stereo are:

Absolution-Muse

wheelchairman
03-19-2006, 12:25 PM
It's not as if both stereos are in the same room jackass.
Yeah, so go to the other stereo.

wheelchairman
03-19-2006, 12:43 PM
now I am listening to

Zoot Suit Riot by The Cherry Poppin Daddies.

Representing the Eugene music scene here.

Vera
03-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Why the fuck would you have two stereos on at the same time anyway? You're only listening to one of them, or neither of them. If there are two stereos in one apartment, the chances are, only one of them is yours, even though the other one may include your cd's.

The point is: you're supposed to mention ONE record. How fucking difficult is it to grasp this concept, really?

JohnnyNemesis
03-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Why the fuck would you have two stereos on at the same time anyway?

Pure idiocy is my guess.

Tired_Of_You
03-19-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm still listening a Stevie Ray Vaughan's CD.

WebDudette
03-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Depeche Mode-Violator and Rage Against the Machine-Rage Against the Machine

wheelchairman
03-19-2006, 01:58 PM
okay now I'm listening to my last Daddy's album.

Soul Cadillac by the Cherry Poppin' Daddies.

Isn't that just an awesome band name though..?

I'm going to see Danko Jones on Wednesday. yay!

igniton/pyro
03-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Good Charlotte - the yuonge and the hopeless

Jakebert
03-19-2006, 02:51 PM
the Who- Who's Next.

wheelchairman
03-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Good Charlotte - the yuonge and the hopeless
Altsĺ, post her ikke mere, tak.

and I am listening to
A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay.

Sure it's pretentious fag-rock. But it's *my* pretentious fag-rock.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Primus - The Brown Album

and the song playing is Coddingtown.

Rag Doll
03-19-2006, 04:02 PM
First Band on the Moon - The Cardigans

just bought it today. i LOVE getting used cds for $4. woo.

wheelchairman
03-19-2006, 04:05 PM
cheap music = always good.

now for sleep, TheFutureEmbrace by Billy Corgan.

Camilamazed
03-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Recovering the satellites - Counting crows

Drummerguy123
03-19-2006, 05:54 PM
cheap music = always good.

now for sleep, TheFutureEmbrace by Billy Corgan.

Is it any good? Is it worth buying?

That_Guy91
03-19-2006, 05:55 PM
Bad Religion- Against the Grain (almost over, though)

nieh
03-19-2006, 07:48 PM

Wee! "Life" is actually even better if you can find a copy of that. It's also a lot happier though, so I guess it depends on what you want from them.

Edit: now listening to Guster - Keep It Together.

JohnnyNemesis
03-19-2006, 08:05 PM
I remember despising the Cardigans after "Lovefool" and loving them for "My Favourite Game".

Anyway, now I have a Celia Cruz compilation in my CD changer because I had a lady over.

alistair13
03-19-2006, 08:13 PM
comalies- lacuna coil

Rag Doll
03-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Wee! "Life" is actually even better if you can find a copy of that. It's also a lot happier though, so I guess it depends on what you want from them.

they had another cd when i got the one i got today. dun remember which one it was though. i was just looking for the one with *lovefool* on it cause thats what was on in the car...and i enjoyed it. i'll look for that one (*life*) on tuesday before class, i think...

Mr. Noodles
03-19-2006, 08:16 PM
And Out Come the Wolves - Rancid

nieh
03-19-2006, 08:19 PM
I remember despising the Cardigans after "Lovefool" and loving them for "My Favourite Game".

I love them for covering Black Sabbath's "Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath" and turning it cute.

they had another cd when i got the one i got today. dun remember which one it was though. i was just looking for the one with *lovefool* on it cause thats what was on in the car...and i enjoyed it. i'll look for that one (*life*) on tuesday before class, i think...

They actually put a new album out sometime near the end of last year so it was probably that one and not Life. I think I put 1-2 of their songs on those mix cds I made you. Those were off of Life.

Preocupado
03-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams

This guy's music makes me feel home when i'm home and miss home when i'm not.

wheelchairman
03-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Is it any good? Is it worth buying?
Definitely, I love it.

Tizzalicious
03-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Definitely, I love it.

I agree. Buy it!

StayInTheHouseCarl
03-19-2006, 11:16 PM
the police- synchronicity

jasofern
03-19-2006, 11:58 PM
The Living End - MODERN ARTillery

JoY
03-20-2006, 06:23 AM

Cardigans are fanfuckingtastic. I love her voice. it's so sugarhoneysweet, you know she can't actually be that sweet. >>naughty naughty! I haven't listened to them in ages. not since I got a new computer. I really should get my hands on some of their stuff again.

alistair; Lacuna Coil isn't exactly my thing, but Falling is so incredibly beautiful in such a sad sense. wah, it just brings out emotions, even just thinking about the song. love that one. Joey recommended it to me in a time such a song was exactly what I needed. aw, sweetness.

I just noticed again how cute Josh is. I guess it was the "Wee!".

Camilamazed
03-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Bon Jovi - Keep the faith

Tizzalicious
03-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Fuck, my CD player broke. How ironic, you get a new one, mine breaks.

I first thought MY CD was scratched (Hanson - Middle of Nowhere), but no worries, I have 2 copies of that one anyway. So I popped in the other one...same problem. Both of them scratched? Impossible! So I switched to a different CD, and that one fucked up too. Grrrrr.

offspringisoldschoolpunk
03-20-2006, 07:46 AM
i have smash in my stereo and also avenged sevenfold-waking the fallen, atreyu-the curse, and metallica-the black album

Mannen som blev en gris
03-20-2006, 08:41 AM
Anyone else thinks this is ironic?
Yeah, I actually find it pretty ironic myself. I have no idea why or how, but I do.

And last night I changed to:
Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys 1
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys 2

Michael Kiske (singer, Helloween) sounds a lot better in the slower songs in my opinion.

Anya82
03-20-2006, 08:49 AM
the last one i left in there... Matchbook Romance - Stories and Alibis

clokey43
03-20-2006, 09:06 AM

Yes I know what your getting at there. I think it kind of adds to their style.

Joy, I only know 4 or 5 people that have heard of them so I'm not sure how popular they are her, but I'm guessing quite well as I found the Cd in HMV, usually I have to get them from ebay.

Oh and to keep in ocntext of thread, at the moment I'm listening to Rammstein - Rosenrot.

wheelchairman
03-20-2006, 10:02 AM
Wish by the Cure.

Nice album.

killer_queen
03-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Carmine Meo - Emma Shaplin

This woman has the BEST voice I've ever hear in my life. Anyone who likes music would love Emma Shaplin.

coke_a_holic
03-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Pink Floyd's Animals.

platinumpt
03-20-2006, 12:07 PM
I have Offspring's Greatest Hits on my stereo. Actually I wake up everyday with that album, my stereo is fucked up (it's about 10 years old) and is only able to play Offspring albuns. Wicked, but true.

wheelchairman
03-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Ew.

Permission to Land by the Darkness.

I bought this for a dollar in Belarus. Thank god for shattered de-flated economies.

nieh
03-20-2006, 03:11 PM
I just noticed again how cute Josh is. I guess it was the "Wee!".

Quoted cause ego boosts are nice.

Now listening: Mastadon - Leviathan

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Megadeth - Cryptic Writings is in the computer.

In my CD player it's Korn - See You On The Other Side.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-20-2006, 05:01 PM
The Spiderman 2 Soundtrack

*chuckles*

Tizzalicious
03-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Megadeth - Cryptic Writings is in the computer.

Prepare to be yelled at.

wheelchairman
03-20-2006, 10:46 PM
I am llistening to Nikoz Doylamiz. A greek artist whose album I bought for a few euros in Greece. Never heard of this person but the price was right and I wanted Greek music.

arak0r
03-21-2006, 12:32 AM
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/102/11424295063028pc.gif

werd up.
crunk juice. kings of crunk is next in rotation.

clokey43
03-21-2006, 01:00 AM
Ok update, Korn - Untouchables and I beleive when this has finished I have Red hot Chilli's - Live in hyde park. I actually like doing coursework when I get to listen to music as well!

offspringrammsteinfan
03-22-2006, 05:56 AM
I'm listening now to the cd "Defekt" from "oomph".

Can't wait on their new album which is going to be released the 27th of this month :cool:

Yatesy
03-22-2006, 08:56 AM
I can't remember what cd is in my stereo, but the cd currently in my portable cd player was Madonna's latest album.

green_cows
03-22-2006, 09:07 AM
im listening to InMe, white butterfly. i love them!

the_offsprings_monkey
03-22-2006, 09:40 AM
One I just burnt, is mainly full of new music like Ray J and D4L.

nieh
03-22-2006, 09:49 AM
Crappy desk stereo: Flaming Lips - Clouds Taste Metallic
Car stereo: Deli Creeps - Dawn of the Deli Creeps

Retard
03-22-2006, 12:05 PM
the one i'm listening to has Anti-flags FOR BLOOD AND EMPIRE

the one in my room has Nausea's Punk Terrorist Vol. 1

yeah both good shit.

Anya82
03-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Jennifer Lopez - J.Lo

Andy
03-22-2006, 04:50 PM
The Alkaline Trio - The Alkaline Trio

Not Ozymandias
03-22-2006, 10:30 PM
51 CD changer:

Sleater-Kinney - Dig Me Out
N.W.A - Straight Outta Compton
Beastie Boys - To The 5 Boroughs
The Replacements - Let It Be
Minutemen - Double Nickels On The Dime
Outkast - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below
Outkast - Stankonia
Bob Dylan - Nashville Skyline
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Ennio Morricone - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly score
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Mother's Milk
Pearl Jam - Las Vegas 10/22/00
Buzzcocks - Singles Going Steady
The Doors - The Doors
Guns N' Roses - Live Era (1987-1993)
Mother Love Bone - Stardog Champion
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
New Order - Substance
Rage Against the Machine - The Battle of Los Angeles
Howard Shore - Fellowship of the Ring score
The Who - My Generation (Greatest Hits)

Lars
03-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Million Dead - Live at the Underworld

penultimate show.

wheelchairman
03-23-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm listening to 39 Live Songs by the Dubliners. It's getting kind of annoying actually. Sometimes there is just such a thing as too much.

coke_a_holic
03-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Streetlight Manifesto - Everything goes Numb

I lovelovelove the horn arrangements on this cd. Any ska band with enough precision to have each horn play a different note in a chord deserves lovin' because all other ska bands are just boring in comparison right now. Even though I love them, still.

notoriousdoc
03-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Songs For The Deaf-QOTSA

notoriousdoc
03-23-2006, 12:19 PM
The Alkaline Trio - The Alkaline Trio
Duuuude! I've never seen that in any shops, did you get online?

nieh
03-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Ween - The Mollusk

I like these guys. They're goofy and silly but actually have the songwriting talent to back it up.

Andy
03-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Duuuude! I've never seen that in any shops, did you get online?
Try every independant record shop near to you: You'll find it. I found it in at least three places in Birmingham, so I'm sure with enough diging you'll find it.

My current CD:

Kyuss - Muchas Gracias (The Best Of)

el_monkey
03-25-2006, 02:30 AM
faith no more - Angel dust (awesome)

notoriousdoc
03-25-2006, 02:36 AM
From Here To Infirmary-Alkaline Trio

A great album to listen to when you feel like shit with a cold.

Andy-Cheers for the advice, there's hardly any indie shops in Bristol so

Mood: :(
Music: not Alkaline Trio-Alkaline Trio

I'll keep looking though :rolleyes:

wheelchairman
03-25-2006, 04:55 AM
Heard it Through the Grapevine by Marvin Gaye

a collection of live songs. It sounds pretty good.

Italia311
03-25-2006, 07:20 AM
Last CD i had in my cd player was Tiziano Ferro - Cientoundici. Honestly though, for some reason, I couldn't burn my friends copy, or rip it, it wouldnt let me. SO i just bought the fucking thing.

Andy
03-25-2006, 07:22 AM
Warning, by Green Day.

wheelchairman
03-25-2006, 07:22 AM
Right now I'm listening to a Woodie Guthrie live album.

Drummerguy123
03-25-2006, 08:00 AM
Led Zeppelin's Early Days. yeah, this album is incredible.

"You know sometimes words have two meanings..."

neocon58
03-25-2006, 12:53 PM
http://www.orianthi.com/images/violet-journey-cover.jpg

This CD is fucking awesome. Reminds me of those Santana/Michelle Branch collaborations, except the chick sings and plays the lead.

- -Lauren- -
03-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Oh wowee.
I wonder if I should even mention the cd thats in mine.
75% of you will disagree, however, 25% will agree that it's a good cd.

My Chemical Romance, Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge

nieh
03-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Right now I'm listening to a Woodie Guthrie live album.

I feel the need to point out that my mom knows Arlo Guthrie.

bd007h
03-25-2006, 01:17 PM
The Verve Pipe - Villains

killer_queen
03-25-2006, 01:18 PM
I suck at life because I haven't listened anything except The Curse of Monkey Island's music. I can't understand why I'm like this =/

JoY
03-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Garbage - Beautiful Garbage. hmyeah.

Jalle
03-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Start Something by the lostprophets

but mostly i hear just the first 8 songs... ;)

nieh
03-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Start Something by the lostprophets

but mostly i hear just the first 8 songs... ;)

Is that supposed to be some kind of innuendo?

Jakebert
03-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Saves the Day- Stay What You Are.

I normally hate emo, but this CD is pretty good.

wheelchairman
03-25-2006, 03:43 PM
I feel the need to point out that my mom knows Arlo Guthrie.
Did she eat at Alice's restaurant?

nieh
03-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Did she eat at Alice's restaurant?

No, but she ate at the church. The restaurant's not around anymore. Woody Guthrie died from Huntington's disease which is the same thing my dad has. Arlo turned the church into the Guthrie Center which is used for all sorts of things including an annual walkathon and Thanksgiving dinner for people that have to deal with Huntington's in some way or another. They know each other from that.

nieh
03-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Outkast - Stankonia

A little more than half this album is fucking incredible. The rest ranges from 'alright' to 'fucking annoying'. If they cut the worst songs, it still would've been something like 30-40 minutes and would've been amazing. I don't understand why they insist on making their albums so long because all the ones I have suffer from this problem to at least some extent.

0r4ng3
03-25-2006, 07:38 PM
The CD in the stereo is what my brother usually listens to whenever he's on.

*checks stereo*

Hey, it's that Bad Religion mixed CD I made.

Drum Goddess
03-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Lunachicks-Luxary Problem

coke_a_holic
03-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Mr. Bungle - Disco Volante

Ohhhh, yessss.

nieh
03-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Mr. Bungle - Disco Volante

Ohhhh, yessss.

I'm slowly converting this into a Mr. Bungle fan forum. One by one, they will all topple like dominos.

Jebus
03-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Soon I'll shall have the Deli Creeps cd that you're sending me in my stereo. That'll be like the third album I own.

I'm slowly converting this into a Mr. Bungle fan forum. One by one, they will all topple like dominos.
I've been doing that with Dream Theater and my many fuison bands since day one. So far, I've only gotten Jesse. :(

nieh
03-25-2006, 08:20 PM
I mailed it out on Wednesday, so you should probably be getting it on monday-ish if it didn't get there today. It's a good time.

I've converted a few people so far (Break, Mike and I think Kerr, but I'm not sure whether or not he got into them because of me) and I think Mike may have gotten someone else after I converted him.

coke_a_holic
03-25-2006, 08:24 PM
I haven't gotten anyone from the forums, but a couple of kids that live around here are addicted to Carry Stress in the Jaw. Another group actually enjoy the whole cd, not just that song.

Regarding the fusion: More people need to listen to more of it.

Retard
03-25-2006, 08:25 PM
i'm listeing to Less Than Jake's B is for B-sides remix cd right now. only remix shit i actually like. :D

Jebus
03-25-2006, 08:26 PM
Actually, I tried working the Dream Theater charm on you for a month or so but then I gave up. You're my biggest failure as a DT proselytizer. So many sleepless nights you have cause me... EDIT: @nieh

I think I've gotten Mike a little bit into the fusion but I wouldn't call him a success just yet.

EDIT: Mike, I just read your post. I'll consider you a possible success and you get +20 cool points.

coke_a_holic
03-25-2006, 08:28 PM
I already like jazz, you don't have to try and get me into it. Although I tend to lean more towards swing jazz than fusion, I still love both.

nieh
03-25-2006, 08:37 PM
I haven't gotten anyone from the forums, but a couple of kids that live around here are addicted to Carry Stress in the Jaw. Another group actually enjoy the whole cd, not just that song.

I've only managed to get one person around here into them so far. I know one other person that would like them, but I haven't hung out with him in a long, long time, so I haven't gotten a chance. I knew someone that THOUGHT she liked them after hearing "Girls of Porn", but hated them after I played some of their other stuff.

Actually, I tried working the Dream Theater charm on you for a month or so but then I gave up. You're my biggest failure as a DT proselytizer. So many sleepless nights you have cause me... EDIT: @nieh

I tried getting myself into Dream Theater a long time before you tried getting me into them. It didn't work then either obviously. They just aren't interesting to me. I'd rather hear someone that barely knows how to play coming up with unusual ideas rather than that plays everything perfectly exactly the way they're taught to. Granted, knowing how to play is always a plus.

Jebus
03-25-2006, 08:59 PM
It took me like 4 months to get into them with listening to them occasionally. I insist you listen to one last song before I completely lose all hope in you. Try this oh so fun live version of Just Let Me Breath (http://media.putfile.com/Dream-Theater---Just-Let-Me-Breathe) without doing anything other than listening and let me know what you think. Then I'll let you be if you don't like it while I cut myself the shower. Whatever your opinion is, I'm sure you'll <3 the drumming as much as I do.

All About Eve
03-25-2006, 09:10 PM
I was into all that before I came, but I'll give Jebus credit for sending me Pain of Salvation, which was ace. Not as good as DT or some other stuff, but still ace.

And if it helps any, it took songs likle These Walls and the more unconventional Dream Theater stuff to get me into them. I had Images and Words long before but never got into it until I started liking These Walls, and then the rest of Octavarium slowly.

Jebus
03-25-2006, 09:27 PM
oh, cool, so I did convert you to a PoS(I like how that also stands for piece of shit) fan. Want another album?

As for Octavarium, I just realized the style is a blatant copy of Muse with a DT flavor after finding some Muse mp3s in the ipod my friend sold me. Actually, it's just mostly in the vocals that it reminds of Muse. hmm...instead I'll just say it's very Muse influenced.

I'll stop posting in this thread now. Too much clutter I have caused.

All About Eve
03-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Let's just start a general music chat thread in other bands and let it evolve as it goes.

wheelchairman
03-26-2006, 02:24 AM
Outkast - Stankonia

A little more than half this album is fucking incredible. The rest ranges from 'alright' to 'fucking annoying'. If they cut the worst songs, it still would've been something like 30-40 minutes and would've been amazing. I don't understand why they insist on making their albums so long because all the ones I have suffer from this problem to at least some extent.
I enjoyed this album, and their other albums. But yeah there can be the annoying song here and there.

AAE, don't worry about it, conversations were meant to be spawned. This was supposed to be an intelligent version of "wat r u listening 2"

and in my stereo, Charmed Life by Billy Idol.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-26-2006, 07:18 AM
An Answer Can Be Found- cKy

I am very surprised by how good this CD is. The songs can get stuck in your head all day easily but are highly addictive. It does a great job of keeping it as an "all-around great album". So it doesn't suck at anything on the album, but nothing is spectacular.

Andy
03-26-2006, 07:20 AM
Jools Holland & His Rhythm And Blues Orchestra - Swinging The Blues And Dancing The Ska

wheelchairman
03-26-2006, 07:27 AM
KoRn - follow the leader.

issues is better. :(

JoY
03-26-2006, 11:13 AM
stellastar* - Harmonies for the Haunted.

wheelchairman
03-26-2006, 12:57 PM
48 or 50 songs that weren't good enough to make it on our other albums by NOFX.

Very enjoyable actually.

nieh
03-26-2006, 03:05 PM
The Desert Sessions 9 & 10.

I like it! The Desert Sessions are just a random group of folks from other bands that get together and hang out at a studio owned by Dave Catching where they write and record songs together with a bunch of mostly really old instruments and equipment. The "line-up" (if you can call it that) is constantly changing and on the album I have there's no two songs with the same group of people playing. Josh Homme from QOTSA is the one that started it and he plays on the majority of the songs. Some other people that play on the album I have are PJ Harvey, Josh Freese (who even plays bass on one of the songs while Josh Homme plays drums), Gene Ween, and some others I've never heard of. A lot of the stuff is completely improvised while others are more planned out, though the entire album was written and recorded in one day. The songs come out sounding really good though. One of them, "In My Head" was even re-recorded and released on the last QOTSA album.

wheelchairman
03-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Smash by the Offspring.

NO JOKE. Lolz. It's really depressing when you realize that Smash the song was written by a 30 year old guy. I mean jeezus fucking christ.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-26-2006, 06:54 PM
The College Dropout- Kanye West

Would you believe me if I said this was the only rap album I actually like outside Eminem ?

Tizzalicious
03-27-2006, 07:05 AM
Yesssss, I have a new stereo! I'm listening to Adore by the Smashing Pumpkins now (it wasn't in it's own case, I had to look through all my CDs to find it, aaargh). It doesn't open like the cardoor in back to the future (;)), but it can hold 5 CDs, so I'm happy!

wheelchairman
03-27-2006, 07:29 AM
Splinter by the Offspring, oh god I lose at life.

however my stereo is better than yours.

Lithuanian Offspring
03-27-2006, 07:35 AM
Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced

Lithuanian Offspring
03-27-2006, 07:38 AM
48 or 50 songs that weren't good enough to make it on our other albums by NOFX.

Very enjoyable actually.
I think it is 45 or 46...
http://www.pulseweekly.com/archive/07_03_02/0625020_nofx.jpg

wheelchairman
03-27-2006, 07:50 AM
You're right. I never remember the numbers. Still a good album.

Tizzalicious
03-27-2006, 08:03 AM
Yay for my new stereo!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/tizzje/cdplayer.jpg

Lithuanian Offspring
03-27-2006, 08:05 AM
You're right. I never remember the numbers. Still a good album.
True, very true. Which song do you enjoy the most?

Lithuanian Offspring
03-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Yay for my new stereo!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/tizzje/cdplayer.jpg
I like the collection of other appliances you have under the shelf.

wheelchairman
03-27-2006, 08:07 AM
True, very true. Which song do you enjoy the most?
I don't know. Off the top of my head, the one with the lyrics that go "I've got something to say, I killed your baby today, and it doesn't matter much to me as long as it's dead." You?

demon_slayer
03-27-2006, 08:08 AM
Rob Zombie

Tizzalicious
03-27-2006, 08:09 AM
I like the collection of other appliances you have under the shelf.

Haha, it looks kinda crazy, doesn't it?

And now I'm listening to Hanson - Live & Electric. Which started automatically when the ohter one ended! I love my 5 CD changer!

Lithuanian Offspring
03-27-2006, 08:36 AM
I don't know. Off the top of my head, the one with the lyrics that go "I've got something to say, I killed your baby today, and it doesn't matter much to me as long as it's dead." You?
Last Caress! Come on that's a classing by the Misfits. I like four songs which I listen to daily: San Francisco Fat, Party Enema, Three on Speed and Pods and Gods.

el_monkey
03-27-2006, 08:37 AM
right now I'm listening to the chocolate starfish and the hot-dog flavoured water disc by limp bizkit . their best album so far

Lithuanian Offspring
03-27-2006, 08:39 AM
And now I'm listening to Hanson - Live & Electric. Which started automatically when the ohter one ended! I love my 5 CD changer!
I'm starting to doubt the overall coolness of your CD player, if it starts playing such evil music automatically. Wait that means it is totally wicked! You should set up a little pentagram out of candles in front of it. You must learn how to wield the power of your CD player to benefit man. Better yet we may form an alliance, the likes of which the world has never seen before.

Tizzalicious
03-27-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm starting to doubt the overall coolness of your CD player, if it starts playing such evil music automatically. Wait that means it is totally wicked! You should set up a little pentagram out of candles in front of it. You must learn how to wield the power of your CD player to benefit man. Better yet we may form an alliance, the likes of which the world has never seen before.

Heyhey, my CD player loves Hanson, just like its owner.

Now I'm listening to Hanson's Middle of Nowhere, which is awesome, because I've been wanting to listen to that for ages, ever seen the CD player broke. And it puts me in spring mood. It reminds me of spring, which is weird, because I bought it in November.

Lithuanian Offspring
03-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Whatever works for you. Just whatever you do, don't play it backwards! Strange, lost, evil texts lurk beneath the seemingly playful music.

Tizzalicious
03-27-2006, 09:01 AM
I read the text of on eof their songs backwards, it was very weird.

Lithuanian Offspring
03-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Spooky was it not?
Try this. (www.wimp.com/subliminal)

Tizzalicious
03-27-2006, 09:08 AM
That is spooky!

OMG, the scream just gave me a heart attack.

Lithuanian Offspring
03-27-2006, 09:10 AM
My buddy told me to turn the speakers on to full blast, and I was alone at night. Now that is the spookiest thing I have ever experienced.

Tizzalicious
03-27-2006, 09:11 AM
It really scared me too. Damn.

Jalle
03-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Is that supposed to be some kind of innuendo?

what ?!????

wheelchairman
03-27-2006, 09:13 AM
it's easy to scare tizz.

We once watched Aliens together, and then we went to bed. And at some point in the night she woke up thinking aliens were trying to get in through my window. wtf?

Tizzalicious
03-27-2006, 09:14 AM
I didn't think Aliens tried to get in! Just...people :P

Lithuanian Offspring
03-27-2006, 09:16 AM
I only have that problem at night. It's freaky when you see friggin' shadows. That was really gay.

Damn those people!

notoriousdoc
03-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Some comp CD chosen by Green Day. It's pretty good

wheelchairman
03-27-2006, 12:37 PM
I got Ten by Pearljam in now. yay!

Retard
03-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Anti-flag's FOR BLOOD AND EMPIRE is ending, and now its Street Dogs' BACK TO THE WORLD. also a great album.

Andy
03-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Music For The Mature B-Boy by DJ Format/Mc Abdominal

Absolutely fucking astounding.

Check this for some genius lyrics courtesy of Abdominal:
See I got hits kid, so many hits, (how many hits ya got!?), lots
Exemplary metaphors, let me select a few
More hits than when you play blackjack with a deck of twos
More hits than latin percussionists administer to wood blocks
More hits than jimmy dropped at woodstock
I'm not kidding
I'm responsible for more hits than workaholic mafia hitmen
I need to make hits in the worst way
Hitting harder than a family of starving steroid injected mexican quintuplets
Armed with crowbars smacking the shit out of a candy filled pinata
on their birthday - only hits when I write
More hits than germans surfing fetish websites
Yo, that is a lot of hits.
More hits than barry bonds playing slow pitch, in a disabled seniors league
More hits than -goldoply?- in force or on a typical hockey team
Instinctively you wince, from this flurry of hits
But if your still unconvinced, a last example but then I'll be finished
More hits than roy jones junior in a ten round barefisted cage match versus
A sleep deprived, blindfolded richard simmons"

Drum Goddess
03-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Warped Tour '05 Compilation

Kerr
03-27-2006, 02:27 PM
I rarely download now - I went on a downloading spree when there were a load of albums I wanted to check out but didn't want to buy because I was unsure of the general opinion of the band/album, so just decided to download them in full and give the entire piece a listen, instead of just downloading a few songs.

I mostly buy though, and I have bought CD's as I used to in the past few months (after the month of downloading). There is absolutely nothing wrong with buying CD's at all.

I am currently playing Maximo Park's A Certain Trigger, which I bought today.

Andy
03-27-2006, 02:27 PM
My CD has now changed to John Frusiante - Shadows Collide With People.

I absolutely ADORE this piece of work. And especially love Carvel: I have no idea what he is singing about, but it's beautiful.

Andy
03-27-2006, 04:13 PM
It has been changed to our very own Offspring's Splinter.

I haven't given this CD enough opportunity to appeal to me. I am currently enjoying it a lot.

Apathy
03-27-2006, 04:17 PM
I could be a dick and point out that my Stereo holds 300 cd's.

But instead I'll just say that I've been loving Destruction By Definition by The Suicide Machines lately.

kamikaze
03-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Currently: "O Brother Where Art Thou" Soundtrack.
I don't have an MP3 player. Suck on that. ;)

Tizzalicious
03-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Johnny Deluxe!

Lars
03-28-2006, 06:36 AM
Kneejerk - Solace

lol.

Anyone know what the chances that some CD's from Singapore are fake, or should I be asking what are the chances of something being legit.

demon_slayer
03-28-2006, 07:50 AM
right now Ifeil 65 (i think that is how you spell it)

i know i am a techno freak

Lars
03-28-2006, 07:59 AM
Eifel.

They're techno? I only know that one blue song, but that didn't seem techno to me.

demon_slayer
03-28-2006, 08:05 AM
the band is a techno band but their one song that made the radio wasn't
sorry to say but most people don't like techno i don't know why?

thanks for the spelling

el_monkey
03-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Eifel.

They're techno? I only know that one blue song, but that didn't seem techno to me.

I think it's like backstreetboys with electro stuff. I liked it once

wheelchairman
03-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Eifel.

Eiffel. Man you must be British.

Edith Piaf - The Golden Collection.

Obie2trice
03-28-2006, 11:40 AM
Notorious BIG - Ready To Die

Retard
03-28-2006, 01:03 PM
i spend almost 60% of my paycheck on cds everyweek. i'm a music addict.

i got the Amp presents Pop-Punk cd on right now. Its actuall poppunk not that shitty falloutboy/my chemical romance stuff that people think is poppunk, so its good shit only complaint is no Screeching Weasel, which just ended.

wheelchairman
03-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Queen - Greatest Hits Volume I

I love Queen. Am I the only one who sees Queen elements in the music of the Smashing Pumpkins?

Probably. :(

demon_slayer
03-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Gorillaz

great band

wheelchairman
03-30-2006, 08:27 AM
^That is an incorrect statement.

Right now, Pisces Iscariot by The Smashing Pumpkins. <3 I'd trade my girlfriend for this album. But honestly I'd trade her for a pile of dirt too.

Tizzalicious
03-30-2006, 08:35 AM
Fuck you. Why would you trade me (or the other one?) for an album you already have?

I'm listening to Moby's "Hotel" Just bought it today.

Yatesy
03-30-2006, 08:42 AM
Placebo-Meds

This is quite a good album.

notoriousdoc
03-30-2006, 08:43 AM
A copy of a CD I made for my gf, it's got Electric 6, Alkaline Trio and Cure stuff on it.

Anya82
03-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Gorillaz - Demon Days

Lordbaby
03-30-2006, 09:26 AM
Snoop Dogg- Best of Death row

nieh
03-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Nellie McKay - Get Away From Me

killer_queen
03-30-2006, 10:06 AM
Queen - Greatest Hits Volume I

I love Queen. Am I the only one who sees Queen elements in the music of the Smashing Pumpkins?

Probably. :(
You sure are. I know, Smashin Pumpkins are great but I don't even want to compare these two.

And although this thread turned into a "what are you currently listening to" thread I'm gonna post here. West Side Story soundtrack(?). Really good.

Rag Doll
03-30-2006, 10:17 AM
Michael Buble - It's Time

And I don't think I've really listened to enough Queen to notice any similarities between them and the Pumpkins.

Lars
03-30-2006, 10:26 AM
X Japan - Dahlia

Could continue with the Queen theme and say that Roger Taylor and Yoshiki from X Japan put out a release.

Lithuanian Offspring
03-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Doors Legacy! Again. I just love their music.

Megs
03-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Steal this album! - System of a down. :D

el_monkey
03-30-2006, 11:22 AM
made in japan - deep purple *smiles at maria*

Retard
03-30-2006, 12:05 PM
I got F-minus' "wake up screaming" alot different from their first 2 albums but still fucking genius.

wheelchairman
03-30-2006, 12:34 PM
You sure are. I know, Smashin Pumpkins are great but I don't even want to compare these two.

And although this thread turned into a "what are you currently listening to" thread I'm gonna post here. West Side Story soundtrack(?). Really good.
Oh the link is definitely there, you just gotta listen to it. I actually here it reverse since I got into the pumpkins long before I gave Queen a chance.

Also, how dare you say this is a wayclt thread. :(

speaking of the pumpkins, I'm listening to Melon Collie, the first cd.

all along I knew it was wrong, but I played along

Ronin
03-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Rage Against the Machine - Battle of Los Angeles (car)

Meshuggah - Catch ThirtyThree (home)

Jebus
03-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Meshuggah - Catch ThirtyThree (home)
I approve. http://www.offspring.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif You get +10 cool points.

X Japan - Dahlia
hey, do you have any mp3s you could upload? I've been wanting to listen to them for the longest time but I haven't found anything online.

Offspring - Conspiracy of One
It's one of the few cds I own.

nieh
03-30-2006, 07:38 PM
It's one of the few cds I own.

Did yours get stolen or something?

calichix
03-30-2006, 09:05 PM
arctic monkeys.

Betty
03-30-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm cheating cause my stereo is downstairs in the kitchen from our previous dance party so I'm listening to CDs on my computer.

Mike Ness - Cheating at Solitaire.

I always knew Mike Ness kicked ass, but I think I am more in love now than ever. I don't know why it took me so long to get this album. I don't know if there is anybody at all on this board that I am aware of who has the same spot for country rock as I do, but this is pretty excellent if there is.

offspringrammsteinfan
03-31-2006, 03:25 AM
Ramones - 3cd-set - Disc 1

Hmm I don't really have it in a "cd player". I got it in my dvd-player, i use that to play my cd's with :p

Lars
03-31-2006, 04:01 AM
hey, do you have any mp3s you could upload? I've been wanting to listen to them for the longest time but I haven't found anything online.
In other bands there are some.

demon_slayer
03-31-2006, 07:57 AM
Halo 2 sound track

Anya82
03-31-2006, 11:29 AM
Era - The Very Best of Era

skiddles824
03-31-2006, 11:35 AM
From First to last-Dear Diary, My tenn Angest has and Heroine

killer_queen
03-31-2006, 11:35 AM
Sepultura - Roots

Everyone, every-fucking-one must listen to this album. Even the ones who hate metal music. At least for the animal inside of you.

wheelchairman
03-31-2006, 12:04 PM
I'm sorry but I just wouldn't be able to make myself do that.

Right now I got Machina :The Machines of God by The Smashing Pumpkins on.

Andy
03-31-2006, 01:43 PM
I am currently listening (and singing very loudly) to Queen's Greatest Hits II.

This was the first ever CD I truly fell in love with, and I for that reason I will love it for the rest of my life.

the_offsprings_monkey
03-31-2006, 02:36 PM
I have my iPod plugged into my stereo atm.

pyromaniac
03-31-2006, 03:45 PM
3 days grace-3 days grace

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Foo Fighters- Foo Fighters

Jebus
04-28-2006, 11:28 PM
Hey, Nieh! I finally got the cd you sent me! The case was all broken when it got here. It also came with two booklets for some reason.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/Savemejebus/deli1.jpg

heh, it took over a month. First class, my ass...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/Savemejebus/deli12.jpg

and zomg, he touched this with his own two hands. Be jealous, people.

I'll listen to it in a bit.

Anya82
04-29-2006, 01:26 AM
The Cranberries - No need to argue

Willis
04-29-2006, 01:45 AM
Red hot chili peppers - blood sugar sex magic

notoriousdoc
04-29-2006, 02:51 AM
From Here To Infirmary-Alkaline Trio

Jalle
04-29-2006, 03:07 AM