PDA

View Full Version : favorite orders

Llamas
03-19-2006, 02:35 PM
the thread about blackball made me wonder how much different my orders of albums differ... order lyrically, order musically, order topically, and order overall... none of my lists are the same... now I wonder what everyone else's orders are.

Lyrically:
s/t
ignition
ixnay
smash
americana
splinter
co1

Musically:
ixnay
ignition
smash
americana
splinter
s/t
co1

topically:
americana
ignition
ixnay
co1
s/t
smash
splinter

overall:
ixnay
ignition
s/t
smash
americana
splinter
co1

momo1tx
03-19-2006, 06:04 PM
Lyrically:
S/T
Ixnay
Splinter
Ignition
Americana
Smash
Co1

Musically:
Ixnay
Smash
Ignition
S/T
Americana
Co1
Splinter

Topically:
Americana
Ixnay
Co1
S/T
Ignition
Smash
Splinter

Overall:
Ignition
Smash
Ixnay
S/T
Americana
Splinter
Co1

Llamas
03-19-2006, 06:21 PM
interesting that ignition, your favorite overall, is not your favorite in any other category. Also that you think splinter sucks musically and topically, but it's not your least favorite overall...

Jakebert
03-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Lyrically-
Ixnay
Smash
Ignition
Self-titled
Americana
Splinter
CO1

Musically:
Smash
Ixnay
Ignition
Self-titled
Americana
Splinter
CO1

Topically:
Smash
Americana
Ixnay
Ignition
Self-titled
Splinter
CO1

Overall:
Smash
Ixnay
Ignition
Self-titled
Americana
Splinter
CO1

Basically, my lists are the same aside from the 1st 2 CD's on each of them. Topically, Americana goes a lot higher than it does on the other lists because it's just better than the other ones topic wise, although the lyrics themselves are kind of weak, the topics are still better.

CO1 ranks at the bottom on all of them because musically, it's easily their weakest effort. Lyrically there's nothing too interesting, and topically it's just same-old, same old.

Ixnay wins lyrically because it's their most mature effort of the albums where Dexter was on top of his game and writing consistant lyrics. Musically, Smash has that spart and aggression that I love, and a little more variety then Ignition, without the polish that kind of hurts Ixnay for me. Topically, Smash hits a lot of different points. Overall, I just tend to like Smash more than the others because of the reasons I said above.

Self-titled is average in all of them for me. I don't see it as particuarly amazing in any of the categories, it's just a straight-forward punk album with average punk lyrics and topics. Good debut, but nothing too special about it.

Hux
03-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Lyrically:
S/T
Ixnay
Splinter
Ignition
Americana
Smash
Co1

Musically:
Ixnay
Smash
Ignition
S/T
Americana
Co1
Splinter

Topically:
Americana
Ixnay
Co1
S/T
Ignition
Smash
Splinter

Overall:
Ignition
Smash
Ixnay
S/T
Americana
Splinter
Co1

interesting that ignition, your favorite overall, is not your favorite in any other category. Also that you think splinter sucks musically and topically, but it's not your least favorite overall...
Yeah, wtf!? I would've expected Ixnay On The Hombre to be your overall favourite.

Honestly if I were to do this, it would take me a while to find my order. One day I'll get off my arse and do it :p.

momo1tx
03-20-2006, 01:30 PM
I don't know where I got my overall favorites from, it's just what I feel like listening to. To find my other ones, I have to look deeper and examine specific aspects of the music, not necessarily what I look for when I'm listening.

Corpse
03-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Lyrically

Ignition
Smash
The Offspring
Americana
Ixnay on the Hombre
Splinter
Conspiracy of One

Musically

Ixnay on the Hombre
Americana
Ignition
Smash
The Offspring
Conspiracy of One
Splinter

Topically

Americana
Ixnay on the Hombre
Splinter
The Offspring
Igniton
Conspiracy of One
Smash

Overall

Americana
Ixnay On The Hombre
The Offspring
Smash
Conspiracy of One
Ignition
Splinter
/\/\/\/\/\
To be honest, I like um all the same, so this list doesn't really mean anything, I like um all the same

Holger estonia
03-29-2006, 07:54 AM
Lyrically:
Ixnay
ignition
ST
smash
americana
splinter
co1

Musically:
ixnay