PDA

View Full Version : More money to the health service

number70
12-10-2004, 02:16 PM
my mum works for the NHS, and she's always going on about that they need more money, aparently the NHS get payed every year, only 100 million pounds, or something like that, it sounds alot, but my mum's budget is 1 million pounds alone, and there are hundreds of people who do the same job as her, so that's hundreds of millions of pounds needed, but what gets me is, the govermant can afford that.

wheelchairman
12-10-2004, 02:17 PM
What I like is, that Denmark's Liberal/Conservative coalition government, the hospitals are now getting drastic cuts. Literally quite dangerous. However what's worse has been their idea to put the public schools on a taximeter system. No joke. That's the words they've used exactly.

number70
12-12-2004, 03:30 AM
wurd, im just doing this to put it at the top of the list.

Sexy Panda
12-12-2004, 04:29 AM
If you need to bump your topic without adding any contstructive thought on the topic, then your topic is shit.

Wheelchairman, putting schools on a taximeter system is going to save the education sector...........What the fuck is a taximeter? I have never heard that before.

wheelchairman
12-12-2004, 04:33 AM
The taximeter system is basically making it so that the schools are funded the way taxis are. In the beginning of the year they see how many students each school has, and then a month later, if some have dropped out, they cut funding, and teachers ended up getting fired. This is on top of the fact that public school budgets have been slashed drastically in most areas already.

Sexy Panda
12-12-2004, 05:32 AM
So taxis are funded based on how many fares they get? That just seems fucking odd. Why the fuck would taxis get funding? Either they are owned by the government or they are a business. Or are taxis considered some human right like hospitals in your country?

wheelchairman
12-12-2004, 06:52 AM
No my English was incorrect. Taxes don't get state funds, schools do. Schools get funds based on the same type of system that taxi drivers charge customers.

RXP
12-12-2004, 08:10 AM
Yeah budget per head would be good.

The NHS gets ALOT more than 100 million a year.

The NHS is not economically viable however, it will need reform unless we redistribute income more.

number70
12-12-2004, 10:43 AM
no dude, 100 million is all they get, it's on the net, check it out

Sexy Panda
12-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Wheelchairman: Yep now I understand.

Number70: You were the first to make the claim so post your link as evidence.

RXP
12-13-2004, 12:09 AM
no dude, 100 million is all they get, it's on the net, check it out

NO they don't. 1000million in the UK is a billion. The NHS don't get funded fuckin 0.1 billion a year!