PDA

View Full Version : I want to buy a car

the_GoDdEsS
03-20-2006, 01:59 PM
My own car. Some day. Maybe a Mercedes. Maybe. Because animals need to eat and shit. And people? People are unreliable, full of expectations and disappointing. So I want a car instead. One that won't fail me, expect things of me, that I can get in and go wherever, that will be mine and that I can smack and yell at if it doesn't work and get it fixed the way I want it.

And I said my own. Because the countless comments of the "But you women are lucky. Marry good and your men will buy you a car." get on my nerves. I don't want anybody's money. Anything or anyone I own will be mine only, for my own money too. So if I hear shit like that again, prepare for some iron bar action.

T-6005
03-20-2006, 02:03 PM
It seems like this is more of a male-hating rant than an "I want a car" rant.

the_GoDdEsS
03-20-2006, 02:05 PM
It seems like this is more of a male-hating rant than an "I want a car" rant.

Oh, definitely not. It's both men and women who keep saying that. And I especially hate the dumbfuck females who marry for money and the idiot males who flash around with their money.

I'd call this thread a desire. Just like women want a baby, I want a car. Because, the car. It needed to be said.

the_GoDdEsS
03-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Woman behind the wheel, death at the turn of the road.

If they give me a gun with it. Oh the love.

T-6005
03-20-2006, 02:07 PM
We see ourselves with yet another variation on the age-old adage.

"Guns don't kill people. Sim on a hateful rant with a mercedes and a gun kills people."

EDIT - Sorry, desire.

Vera
03-20-2006, 02:12 PM
I didn't think I'd agree with your topic when I first saw it, Sim, since I have no need for a private vehicle but I totally understand your desire. It makes sense. I get it. It kind of makes me want a car myself but eh, too much trouble. I'm not ready to become that independent yet.

In the mean time, I'll get something other "my own".

the_GoDdEsS
03-20-2006, 02:15 PM
I haven't really had it before. But it just got so intense over the past two weeks. Some cars are beautiful. I like beautiful things. And you can do a lot with it. Plus, I absolutely can't stand public transport. I swear.

wheelchairman
03-20-2006, 02:39 PM
I don't want a car. I want an apartment. Now there is independence. Fuck going places.

Endymion
03-20-2006, 02:53 PM
I don't want a car. I want an apartment. Now there is independence. Fuck going places.
i have an apartment and TWO cars.

0r4ng3
03-20-2006, 02:54 PM
I have 8 apartments and 26 cars.

Edit: and 3 helecopters.

Endymion
03-20-2006, 02:59 PM
I have 8 apartments and 26 cars.

Edit: and 3 helecopters.
fuck you!

rich asshole.

0r4ng3
03-20-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm 4 rich assholes.

Sin Studly
03-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Marry me, I'll buy you a car.

the_GoDdEsS
03-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Better not, I'd beat you in the backseat.

nieh
03-20-2006, 04:15 PM
I have a car and an apartment. But I don't have two cars like Endy =,0(

Sim: are you going to wait until you can get the Mercedes or would you want to buy something a bit cheaper first, then get the Mercedes when you can afford it?

Sin Studly
03-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Best car ever!

http://www.stharc.org.au/Monaro.jpg
http://www2.uol.com.br/bestcars/carros/gm/antigos/monaro-3.jpg
http://www.classic.orcon.net.nz/images/photos/lvnhold.jpg
http://www.communitywebs.org/ClassicHolden/Pics/classic%20photos/Monaro/Copy%20of%20Monaro5.1.jpg

It doesn't get any more pimp...

the_GoDdEsS
03-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Sim: are you going to wait until you can get the Mercedes or would you want to buy something a bit cheaper first, then get the Mercedes when you can afford it?

It's a dilemma. I won't be able to afford it for years. So I guess a cheaper thing first. :(

nieh
03-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Well, you make a relatively decent amount of money, right? Not a huge amount but decent if I remember. You could always get some money saved up for a down payment and take out a loan that you pay off over the next couple years. Or does that kind of counter the feeling of it being yours until it's completely paid?

Sunny
03-20-2006, 04:42 PM
orrr you could lease a car and get a new one when the lease runs out (usually 2 years).

i want this sexy sexy beast:

http://tw.autonet.com.tw/news/img/2006/2/ba60206591.jpg

T-6005
03-20-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm certain it will be many, many years before I am ready to own a car.

The first step will be deciding that I actually want to or need to drive. The second will be learning to drive. There are about 8 million other steps to get me and a car and ownership into the same paragraph, let alone together. The first one being the biggest, as they say.

All About Eve
03-20-2006, 05:05 PM
If I get a car any time soon it will be my dad's old subaru, which has over 200,000 miles on it, and it wil still technically be his. As long as it runs, I don't care though.

Paint_It_Black
03-20-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm certain it will be many, many years before I am ready to own a car.

The first step will be deciding that I actually want to or need to drive. The second will be learning to drive. There are about 8 million other steps to get me and a car and ownership into the same paragraph, let alone together. The first one being the biggest, as they say.

The things we have in common are getting a little freaky now.

T-6005
03-20-2006, 06:41 PM
The things we have in common are getting a little freaky now.
Well, I'm always on MSN and you're never on. Let's make that the basis for our differences.

Paint_It_Black
03-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Look T, we had one special night together. Let's not make it more than it is, I don't want to spoil it.

T-6005
03-20-2006, 06:45 PM
To be honest, I barely remember it - I was completely hammered, from what I remember.

Paint_It_Black
03-20-2006, 06:46 PM
And the playa get's played. How could you do this to me?

Betty
03-20-2006, 06:49 PM
I really, really, really, really wanted to buy a car next year. But then I reconsidered and figured I should hold off for another year at least since I want enough money to (a) buy a computer (b) spend a few thousand this summer and this Christmas on travel (c) spend frivolously on booze. I should be in a financial position maybe in a couple years, we'll see how much I actually earn.

Anyway, I understand the desire. Public transportation is alright, but it's not at all the same.

T-6005
03-20-2006, 06:50 PM
And the playa get's played. How could you do this to me?
It's just me when I'm drunk. Awesome, but forgetful.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Cars are overrated. I like going airborne.

Endymion
03-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Anyway, I understand the desire. Public transportation is alright, but it's not at all the same.
public transportation almost doesn't exist here, and you're expected to be able to get places within a 10-20 mile radius easily and quickly.

socal's a pretty awesome place.

Betty
03-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Nice plug Ryan.

A lot of the bigwigs do postdocs in Cali, so I'm sure I will toy with that idea. But I might go abroad to the UK or something. Or some other big American school like Harvard or Yale. But ultimately I'd rather work for a big name scientist that does cool stuff than go to a big name institution.

Endymion
03-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Nice plug Ryan.

A lot of the bigwigs do postdocs in Cali, so I'm sure I will toy with that idea. But I might go abroad to the UK or something. Or some other big American school like Harvard or Yale. But ultimately I'd rather work for a big name scientist that does cool stuff than go to a big name institution.
yeah, but who's to say i'll still be here by then?

though i am looking at ucla for grad school...

Rocky-girl
03-20-2006, 09:44 PM
No, I don't want a car. I want to have my own flat! But I think I'll have it not soon, thought.

Italia311
03-20-2006, 09:49 PM
If I was you goddess, I would just save up for the benz. That is one fine peice of machinery.

Im on my second car, and althought I have been buying alot of aftermarket parts to make it look nicer/faster, it still isnt a friggin benz...if I wasn't so obssesive of cars and was more patient, probably could have hada benz.

Public Transportation just simply sucks where I am. Im living on my own at school and decided not to take my car and I regret it. Oh well, I guess it all matters on how much you value your time really...

Vera
03-21-2006, 02:19 AM
Public transport is cool in this town I live in. I love just sitting in the metro, listening to music and not thinking about anything. Or read a book.

There are setbacks, but it's rare that you get to share a metro car or a tram with an alcoholic or a bum. I've luckily never gotten harrassed by one.

arak0r
03-21-2006, 02:51 AM
i cant say enough about bmw m6. especially the modified hamann or ac schnitzer types. good god :O~~~

http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/Hamann/2006/Lamborghini_Gallardo_SE/

wouldnt mind a lambo either ;)

though to be more realistic i'll prolly start off with a practically mint, but used lexus :\

the_GoDdEsS
03-21-2006, 03:38 AM
That Lambo looks lame. Like some kinda Knight Rider rip off. You'd be afraid to grow hairy in it like Hasselhoff.

killer_queen
03-21-2006, 11:30 AM
If I saw that post two months ago probably I wouldn't agree with you because cars were so uninteresting for me. After my dad told me he was going to buy the car I want next year I started to like them. I just don't have enough pride to refuse it and buy my own car with my own money, oh well...

So, it sounds very reasonable for me. Firstly I fucking hate public transport. For all of my life I have taken on a bus three or four times maybe. I always prefer walking to get annoyed by the pervs on the bus. Secondly, owning a car sounds better than owning a house. A car is totally belongs to you and you can do whatever you want with it. There is less freedom about what you can do to your apartment.

I fully support you about this subject Simona. But I also strongly suggest you to get a pet. A cleaner one like a parrot or a turtle or a snake... They'd make your life more fun.

the_GoDdEsS
03-21-2006, 11:42 AM
I think a house can truly belong to you too. Maybe I only think so because I lived most of my life in a house that belonged to my family. I don't want to rent in the future, even though at a point I will have to. Have to start somewhere.

Agreed on the public transport. Especially the crowded ones. Or those with stinking homeless people, make me sick. There are either too many people, stinky people, creeps or sleazes. Almost everywhere I've been, not just here. These days I sit at the window in the bus and stare out and look at cars instead.

As for pets, I can't get any parrot because it'd die of birdflu and me with it. And generally no. Turtles are boring to watch. I've wanted a snake before so I might do that, but you can't train those. So maybe a dog, or man on leash :P

Sunny
03-21-2006, 11:42 AM
oh man. car related frustration:

i don't think i'm ever gonna be able to drive that jaguar i posted.. or anything. ever. every time i have a driving lesson something horrible happens. like i run over 2 curbs (which is ok in a SUV, but not so much in a small car) or i run over a freshly planted little tree.. or something. i am the worst driver in the world.

i should get a fucking tank cause they could handle my level of abuse. >_<

Rocky-girl
03-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Simona, and what about cat? I think it's the best pets!

Endymion
03-21-2006, 12:01 PM
jeez sim, get yourself a penis already!

HeadAroundU
03-21-2006, 12:59 PM
crysler 300 <3
http://www.lockhartdodge.com/DSCF0206.JPG

Italia311
03-21-2006, 02:03 PM
@dusky: heh, I dont think schumacher is schumacher anymore...

Headaroundu that car is freakin UGZ. Looks like a futuristic hurse or something...

Public Transportation blows ass. It fucking sucks. Especially when its cold outside. Damn.

A house is truely better than a car though. It doesn't lose value like a car does, thats forsure. You can always make money off of a house...

Italia311
03-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Im not sure I understand the telly part but...yes, schuacher did not do well last year, and so far this year not as well as he has done before.

Formula 1 is begining to anger me. My favorite driver, the one and only Jacques Villeneuve, has not won a race since 1998 although he has improved this year (its hard to find a good racing team :P) lol and Ferrari (my favorite team) is losing its reign as a dominant f1 team....grrrrr. On a good note, Giancarlo Fisichella (an Italian) won last weeks race in Malaysia (sp).