PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring Acoustic?! is a Good Idea!?

genmauer
03-20-2006, 03:09 PM
hi duds, i just need to know your opinion about a live acoustic performance of Offspring

kisses...

Dmarques
03-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Why not...The next new album could be a dual disc with an accoustic cd.

rlplaymaker
03-20-2006, 03:12 PM
the accoustic version of Dirty Magic on the back ofthe Greatest Hits Dual Disk was AMAZING....i say throw a couple accoustics in for a bonus with the next album

Dmarques
03-20-2006, 03:19 PM
the accoustic version of Dirty Magic on the back ofthe Greatest Hits Dual Disk was AMAZING....i say throw a couple accoustics in for a bonus with the next album

Yeah... a few portion of greatest hits accoustic. Not bad.. TKAA, GONE AWAY, SELF ESTEEM.

bd007h
03-20-2006, 04:01 PM
they should do an acoustic version of Search Button

BIG Nicky
03-20-2006, 04:10 PM
they should do an acoustic version of Search Button

yep ive heard it many times....so many....

alistair13
03-20-2006, 04:37 PM
the offspring really don't have many acoustic songs, maybe it would be a nice change to put a couple in the album. i don't want them to make a dual album like the foo fighters did, because a blend is a lot better. no one wants to listen to an entire cd of acoustic, mellow songs by the offspring. just a couple should do.

offspring_freak_3
03-20-2006, 04:41 PM
like the guy said, would be good like a dual disc, one disc with brand new songs and the other with a couple of acoustic songs. that woulb be quite cool id they release something like that

Apathy
03-20-2006, 04:43 PM
If someone from the offspring spontaneously decides to read this...

PLEASE don't make a dualdisc. They don't fit in my cd player. Also, they're more expensive. I'd rather have a new DVD and a new CD than a Dualdisc.

Hux
03-20-2006, 05:09 PM
like the guy said, would be good like a dual disc, one disc with brand new songs and the other with a couple of acoustic songs. that woulb be quite cool id they release something like that
As everyone else is saying, throw in a few acoustic versions of some songs into a dual disc or something and that'd be great.

Camilamazed
03-20-2006, 05:49 PM
This idea makes me sick.

Hell no...... DM is quite enough.

BIG Nicky
03-20-2006, 06:30 PM
ya im strung out by the whole idea lol :D

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-20-2006, 06:33 PM
I love the idea. Foo Fighters did a great job with it I think.

Drummerguy123
03-20-2006, 07:00 PM
They shuoldn't do this because everybody would think that they are copying the Foo Fighters. Maybe on their next dvd they could have a few acoustic performances, but not on the new album.

Revolver-2005?
03-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Who cares if people think they copied the Foo Fighters, it'd still be a kick ass cd...I'd love it.

Drummerguy123
03-20-2006, 07:41 PM
OH MAN! I just got a great idea! How about after this new album, they release a live dvd/2 cd combo with a full live concert (like, 3 hours of live footage) and a lot of acoustic songs on the dvd side,a cd full of b-sides and rare tracks, and another cd with all the acoustic performances (audio only). HOMLY CRAP! THAT WOULD BE THE GREATEST THING I HAVE SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!

jacknife737
03-20-2006, 09:27 PM
I love the idea. Foo Fighters did a great job with it I think.

Exactly.......

rlplaymaker
03-20-2006, 09:33 PM
quit with the fucking search button bit , ITS GETTING OLDER THAN THE POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Llamas
03-20-2006, 10:40 PM
what the fuck?? why does everyone think that the foo fighters are the first band to ever do a dual disc?? hello! smashing pumpkins, system of a down, dave matthews band, dispatch, red hot chili peppers... etc, etc, etc. They wouldn't be copying the foo fighters because the foo fighters copied someone else!

how can a dual disc not fit in a cd player? all that means is that it comes with two cds... they're normal cds..

and I'd love a dual disc set. Really. I don't know what I want, though. I'd like an entire album of acoustic stuff, it'd probably become my favorite thing to listen to. I think I'd prefer acoustic remakes than songs they wrote as acoustics, though.

Hux
03-20-2006, 10:45 PM
what the fuck?? why does everyone think that the foo fighters are the first band to ever do a dual disc?? hello! smashing pumpkins, system of a down, dave matthews band, dispatch, red hot chili peppers... etc, etc, etc. They wouldn't be copying the foo fighters because the foo fighters copied someone else!
Exactly, except the second person/people and onwards who do a dual disc aren't really copying because it's just a general idea, kind of like releasing albums and singles, etc.

Llamas
03-20-2006, 10:49 PM
my point exactly.

oh yeah, and outkast did it, too.

Man, the offspring are such copycats for having a song called "the noose". god, who do they think they are, a perfect circle??

and man, having a bassist? ugh. they just wish they were the beatles.

Hux
03-20-2006, 10:50 PM
Lol.

(10 characters)

Kim
03-20-2006, 10:51 PM
I really enjoyed the acoustic version of Dirty Magic from the dual disc! During the stories behind the songs segment Noodles played part of Gone Away and it sounded awesome! I think that would make for a great acoustic. Anyone else agree? I'd love a few acoustics! *hint, hint ;) guys.

bd007h
03-20-2006, 11:11 PM

how can a dual disc not fit in a cd player? all that means is that it comes with two cds... they're normal cds..

and I'd love a dual disc set. Really. I don't know what I want, though. I'd like an entire album of acoustic stuff, it'd probably become my favorite thing to listen to. I think I'd prefer acoustic remakes than songs they wrote as acoustics, though.

actually, the dual disc is the double sided disc, not a two disc set

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
03-20-2006, 11:23 PM
That'd be rad if they did make a double-album....to make up for the last two short-as-hell albums.

Hypodermic_89
03-20-2006, 11:56 PM
New album with 15 tracks, and three hidden acoustics.. That would be awesome.

Llamas
03-21-2006, 12:17 AM
actually, the dual disc is the double sided disc, not a two disc set

oops, my bad :-x

Drummerguy123
03-21-2006, 06:43 AM

I am well aware that the Foo Fighters are not the first ones that did this, but considering what a big hit it was, the general population would think that they are copying them. It doesn't mean us fans would think think that, but everyone else would.

DeAtHsTaR
03-21-2006, 07:26 AM

RHCP's double album isn't out yet.

Jojan
03-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Accoustic sucks, mostley, studio recorded. Could sound good live. Dirty Magic is good, Defy You is bad.

Corpse
03-21-2006, 10:27 AM
What I think would be cool is if they did MTV Unplugged, it worked great for Nirvana and Oasis, it just may rock for them.

forcyn
03-21-2006, 10:33 AM
I've watched few days ago Die Toten Hosen Unplugged and it was really cool so why not Offspring?

electric_alexa
03-21-2006, 10:41 AM
i think we should have a Dualdisc too, with one side accoustic

yorkiepudn
03-21-2006, 12:18 PM
What I think would be cool is if they did MTV Unplugged, it worked great for Nirvana and Oasis, it just may rock for them.

i totally agree - was thinkin the exact same thing as i was looking through the thread

Rutegard
03-21-2006, 12:35 PM
i think we should have a Dualdisc too, with one side accoustic

hell yeah :D

Llamas
03-21-2006, 05:15 PM
no shit. :P

NO to mtv unplugged. I'd be pissed. But I love acoustic. Mmmmm...

Ryder1234
03-21-2006, 05:22 PM
and throw in the re - recorded version of dirty magic of they were to do a dual disc, even tho its not acoustic

Apathy
03-21-2006, 05:31 PM

Wrong. Dualdisc is a new format in which a single (rather thick) disc is both a DVD and a CD. The first side is a CD, flip it over, and you've got a DVD. The Offspring did it with their Greatest Hits.

I would love two seperate cd's. Dualdiscs are not the same thing.

Llamas
03-21-2006, 10:01 PM
my mistake, didn't know that... I didn't buy the GH. That's lame, I'm not a fan of that concept.

offspringnirvana
03-19-2008, 09:15 AM

yeah ... thats what I was thinking about ... nirvana did a great job with it and offspring would be even better!

Id like to hear a lot of things in acoustic ... such as self-esteem, gone away, come out play, tkaa (it just sounded great on the greatest hits) and a lot more songs :D

so Id say they should do an unplugged concert ...
but Id also love a live dvd with an entire gig ...

offspringer24
03-19-2008, 10:10 AM
The Offspring Unplugged Anyone? Sounds Like A Good Idea :)

dff_punk
03-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Well, acoustic versions of Offspring hits is a great idea, and it might sound awesome. But I do not think a double disc for the new album is the best. Maybe later, after a new album is released, when the tour is finished and they have nothing better to do, they could release an acoustic cd mostly for their fans, without any big hype about it. That would be cool.

You know what would be funny? Acoustic version of L.A.P.D. or Kill The President! :D

offspringer24
03-19-2008, 10:13 AM
nah, an accoustic da hui would rule me thinks! :D

dff_punk
03-19-2008, 10:16 AM
This really makes me think to try and record something like that on my guitar... really challenging... :rolleyes:

Cock Joke
03-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Just throw an acoustic in there as maybe the 2nd to last track. It has to be epic, of course!

holland25
03-23-2008, 06:11 AM
Some acoustic versions will kick ass. I will go with I Choose, COAP, Tehran or Long Way Home...

Drafan
03-23-2008, 08:52 AM
I hope they will decide for it somewhere in the future. DVD with 20 songs, I would sit in front of DVD player for a very, very long time. There should be too video about how they t.... you know. :o

holland25
03-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Yeah, the video about how they tossed out guitar picks to the crowd, with offspring-ish artwork on it cannot be missing there!

Crazy-Taxi-Driver
03-23-2008, 11:32 AM
The Offspring Acoustic would be a great idea! ;)

But I guess, that the Offspring could first release the new album with hopefully at least 16 new Songs ore even more (like 20 new Songs) and after the new album they could release an Acoustic(-Live)-Album:

My Suggestion for some Songs in that kind of album:

She's Got Issues
Million Miles Away
Gone Away
Dirty Magic
Why Don't You Get A Job?
Feelings
Self Esteem
and some new songs

The_Bass
03-23-2008, 11:56 AM
They already did Dirty Magic, that would be useless ^^. Don't get me wrong, I like Dirty Magic a lot. But I'd rather see another song, like Genocide.

Anyone? :P.

BuckyO'Hare
03-23-2008, 12:01 PM
haha, and greg would play the contrabass :D

Yeah dirty magic is done, but genocide would probably sound fine :p

I think that self-esteem, come out and play and gotta get away would sound great acoustic.

AND of course leave it behind :D

The_Bass
03-23-2008, 02:17 PM
I also like Jennifer Lost The War accoustic :P.

RageAndLov
03-23-2008, 04:19 PM

yeah, and it's deffinetly not called staduim arcadium

RageAndLov
03-23-2008, 04:20 PM
That'd be rad if they did make a double-album....to make up for the last two short-as-hell albums.

punk is supposed to be short
not that offspring is too punk anymore

RageAndLov
03-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Wrong. Dualdisc is a new format in which a single (rather thick) disc is both a DVD and a CD. The first side is a CD, flip it over, and you've got a DVD. The Offspring did it with their Greatest Hits.

I would love two seperate cd's. Dualdiscs are not the same thing.

my GH version contains two seperate discs :S

holland25
03-23-2008, 04:29 PM
yeah, and it's deffinetly not called staduim arcadium

Ha, nicely said :D

brian.offspring
03-23-2008, 06:36 PM
it would be good . . rare . . . but good ;)

a Self Esteem acoustic would be awesome :cool:

but imagine a song like Beheaded acoustic xD

Cock Joke
03-23-2008, 06:37 PM
There should be too video about how they t.... you know. :o

No, I don't know, to be honest with you.

Blackball_
03-23-2008, 07:05 PM
but imagine a song like Beheaded acoustic xDthat would be crazy

imagine richard cheese doing beheaded though.. thatd be pretty hilarious

brian.offspring
03-23-2008, 07:18 PM
imagine richard cheese doing beheaded though.. thatd be pretty hilarious

hahahaha xD

Autonomist
03-23-2008, 07:26 PM
I'd really like to hear acoustic versions of some of their songs. As has been noted Dirty Magic was great.

Fall-children
03-24-2008, 12:47 AM
Let's make an online album of us playing offspring songs acoustic

are you a guitar player? pick your song and record it