PDA

View Full Version : These Things I Believe: Part 6 (The RETURN)

JohnnyNemesis
03-20-2006, 08:25 PM
The first new one in over a year.

For those unfamiliar with this series, read up:

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7535
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6977
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6488
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5819
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5617

Yes.

- I believe that...well...Terell Owens to the Cowboys, eh? Meh. Eh. Meh. He'll make a difference, not enough of a difference, and we'll all be quite annoyed.

- Though the Dominicans are out of the WBC, they still pwn the living fuck out of your team.

- Around the Horn is the best show ever.

- Gilmore Girls remains the worst show ever and the worst thing that has ever happened.

- Being a fan of any of the following earns you a life of ridicule for being a scenester unoriginal fuck, you worthless fucks (unless your name is ninthlayer, in which case you're exempt from my hatred but not my resentment but god I love you):

John Cusack
The film "Snatch"
John Cusack
The film "Empire Records"
David Bowie (if you became a fan after 2003)
Johnny Cash (if you became a fan after 2003 or you think he did the original versions of "Personal Jesus" and "Hurt")
John Cusack
The film "Kill Bill: Vol. 1"
The film "Kill Bill: Vol. 2"
John Cusack
High Fidelity
BritPop in all its forms at any point in your life (Oasis praise is punishable by death)
John Cusack

- Chop up some bacon, fry it up with some onion, garlic, butter, and tiny sausage bits. Do what you will to a baked potato with those ingredients. Splooge on.

- Laundry time again. I absolutely hate getting the itches from overwashed clothing. What do YOU do when you use too much soap and want to avoid itchiness? Do you plunk down the extra cash for a soap-free rinse? Do you hand-rinse? Do you just deal with it? WHAT IS YOUR METHOD?

That's all for now.

Mota Boy
03-20-2006, 09:03 PM
- Being a fan of any of the following earns you a life of ridicule for being a scenester unoriginal fuck, you worthless fucks
I've never bought into the concept that you should base your opinion on that of others' - either liking something because everyone else does, or hating it for the same reason. I've been meaning to get friends together and watch "Empire Records" for some time, because I only have extremely vague memories of it and I'm on an early 90's teen movie kick.

Also, I find the Cowboys unique in terms of the NFL. There are a couple teams I hate, and like hating, such as Tampa Bay and especially Oakland. They're fucking evil teams and I like to see 'em lose. Gives the game personality. Dallas, however... I utterly loathe. I don't want to see them win, but I also don't want to see them lose - I just don't want to see them exist. And having TO move there is like two supermassive black holes of NFL scum are merging into a wretched force of decay that will eat away at the league from the inside out.

Sin Studly
03-20-2006, 09:23 PM
Snatch was fun.

Ninty Man
03-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Snatch was fun.

Shut the fuck up retard, maybe you're the guy in your avatar

The Cowboys most win a Superbowl in this new season... nad bring back Quincy Jones

JohnnyNemesis
03-20-2006, 09:33 PM
I've never bought into the concept that you should base your opinion on that of others' - either liking something because everyone else does, or hating it for the same reason.

It's not that what was mentioned was even so bad, or the unoriginality that really gets to me. It's more the people (and god knows there are so many of them) that base their personalities around the aforementioned people and movies.

Snatch was fun.

I concur, except see above.

Sin Studly
03-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Aside from a few badly-done accents, I don't really think anyone bases anything around Snatch.

All About Eve
03-20-2006, 10:09 PM
So has the T.O. signing been confirmed? That interested me. Should be fun in a pathetic way.

endlesst0m
03-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Watching movies is like personality shopping to people who are just too lame to make friends by being themselves. They find one character that they admire, and stop at nothing until society perceives them the same way that they perceived that character.

Because being cool is much more fun than being real.

Vera
03-21-2006, 01:31 AM
Snatch was fun.
EXACTLY.

It's actually one of my favourite movies and I'm about as far away from being a scenester as a dog's tail. How is liking them unoriginal? I've also been a fan of Britpop since I was 10. Just because some asspussies think diggin' something from 1994 is all retro and sweeeet, don't think liking the thing in general makes one an asspussy*.

* I have copyrights for this word so you better watch it.

Andy
03-21-2006, 01:45 AM
I'm a scenester unoriginal fuck :(
I liked Snatch, Kill Bill (I & II), and thought (and still think) "Britpop" band Blur were great. I can't stand Cusack though.

Paint_It_Black
03-21-2006, 02:01 AM
I'm a scenester unoriginal fuck :(
I liked Snatch, Kill Bill (I & II), and thought (and still think) "Britpop" band Blur were great. I can't stand Cusack though.

I liked Snatch, but thought Lock Stock was superior. The Kill Bill movies are alright, in fact great in some respects, but just not my thing. I loved early Blur, but went off of them when their sound changed drastically around the time of their album "13". I also liked early Oasis, but went off of them probably around the same time.

Edit: Empire Records is good, but overly emotional. High Fidelity is alright. I'm mostly indifferent about John Cusack, but he's a competent actor, even though he takes himself too seriously. I read that he's ashamed to have been in Con Air. And there's nothing wrong with people only recently discovering Johnny Cash, in fact I love that he still has such appeal. Of course, I've been listening to him for 20 years myself, but I was fortunate to have a mother that loved country music.

Andy
03-21-2006, 02:32 AM
I liked Snatch, but thought Lock Stock was superior. The Kill Bill movies are alright, in fact great in some respects, but just not my thing. I loved early Blur, but went off of them when their sound changed drastically around the time of their album "13".
You've done it again! You've managed to sum up exactly how I feel in a way that I am too impatient to write.

As for Blur; it was when Graham Coxon left. Once he went, they became all experimental and Radioheadified (which is a bad, bad thing in my eyes).

Paint_It_Black
03-21-2006, 02:33 AM
You've done it again! You've managed to sum up exactly how I feel in a way that I am too impatient to write.

Is that good or bad?

Andy
03-21-2006, 02:34 AM
Good for me, as it means I can stay being lazy and don't have to waste time to express my fullest opinions, as I can just quote you.

arak0r
03-21-2006, 02:39 AM
i believe, i have yard envy :(

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1830112

Paint_It_Black
03-21-2006, 03:04 AM
Marinda, stop posting.

Vera
03-21-2006, 03:33 AM
As for Blur; it was when Graham Coxon left. Once he went, they became all experimental and Radioheadified (which is a bad, bad thing in my eyes).
Yeah, well, everything you say is wrong.

Think Tank is one of their best albums.

Paint_It_Black
03-21-2006, 03:37 AM
Yeah, well, everything you say is wrong.

The sad part is he'll probably agree.

T-6005
03-21-2006, 06:58 AM
Blur were awesome. Songs like Parklife, Coffee & TV, and Song2 deserve to go down in history books.

Alright, maybe not - but I just wanted to say how awesome they are.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-21-2006, 06:59 AM
Blur were awesome. Songs like Parklife, Coffee & TV, and Song2 deserve to go down in history books.

Alright, maybe not

You were correct until the bolded bit.

T-6005
03-21-2006, 07:05 AM
You were correct until the bolded bit.
I know. More of an attempt at self-preservation than anything, in case someone disagrees with me - so I don't have to argue for 25 posts.

I like to feed the pigeons sometimes, I sometimes feed the sparrows too - it gives me a sense of enormous well-being.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-21-2006, 07:06 AM
And then I'm happy for the rest of the day, safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit of my heart devoted to it.

wheelchairman
03-21-2006, 07:11 AM
Someone put Wonderwall by Oasis on the stereo in class today, grrr perangrymaking!

sKratch
03-21-2006, 07:14 AM
It's not that what was mentioned was even so bad, or the unoriginality that really gets to me. It's more the people (and god knows there are so many of them) that base their personalities around the aforementioned people and movies.

K I was scared it was illegal to enjoy any of those movies, because that's what your post made it sound like. Snatch is a movie I enjoyed very much and I'd get all :( if you didn't approve. Lolz snatch.

And I saw the word "Radiohead" in this thread. God are they horrible.

JohnnyNemesis
03-21-2006, 07:18 AM
K I was scared it was illegal to enjoy any of those movies, because that's what your post made it sound like. Snatch is a movie I enjoyed very much and I'd get all :( if you didn't approve. Lolz snatch.

I'm just quoting this as a way to respond to all the overdefensiveness and huggle sKratch and be totally exclusive and shit. w3rd.

And I saw the word "Radiohead" in this thread. God are they horrible.

Only sometimes : (

XYlophonetreeZ
03-21-2006, 07:45 AM
Someone put Wonderwall by Oasis on the stereo in class today, grrr perangrymaking!
What's scary is that I've heard multiple people refer to Wonderwall as "the defining song of our generation."

wheelchairman
03-21-2006, 07:46 AM
Fucking better than Bryan Adams and Summer of '69. None of us were alive in '69, why do we all like this song?

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-21-2006, 07:47 AM
I used to, until the place I work played it 2, 3 times a night, every night.

JohnnyNemesis
03-21-2006, 07:49 AM
What's scary is that I've heard multiple people refer to Wonderwall as "the defining song of our generation."

That should lead to the complete and utter eradication of multiple people.

Vera
03-21-2006, 07:56 AM
The best Oasis song ever has to be Magic Pie. It's so WTF and coked up and what the shit are they on?! that it has to be the best one.

killer_queen
03-21-2006, 07:57 AM
I LOVE John Cusack. I love High Fidelity. And I love Johnny Cash and Bowie (since 2000, haha). Also Snatch was okay.

This thread sucks. :(

Still, I appreciate you hatred for Oasis and I know I have shitty tase in men, actors and movies. So it doesn't suck at all.

Endymion
03-21-2006, 09:15 AM
i've never heard these songs which are defining my generation.

BREAK
03-21-2006, 10:35 AM
- Laundry time again. I absolutely hate getting the itches from overwashed clothing. What do YOU do when you use too much soap and want to avoid itchiness? Do you plunk down the extra cash for a soap-free rinse? Do you hand-rinse? Do you just deal with it? WHAT IS YOUR METHOD?

I simply avoid using too much soap.

Andy
03-21-2006, 10:54 AM
The sad part is he'll probably agree.
That's not very nice :( :(

ninthlayer
03-22-2006, 02:14 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Theater/9787/Pix/vanity.gif

Not Ozymandias
03-22-2006, 10:10 PM
- Though the Dominicans are out of the WBC, they still pwn the living fuck out of your team.
What if I'm Cuban or Japanese?

- Around the Horn is the best show ever.
Bitch, is you retarded?

John Cusack
The film "Snatch"
John Cusack
The film "Empire Records"
David Bowie (if you became a fan after 2003)
Johnny Cash (if you became a fan after 2003 or you think he did the original versions of "Personal Jesus" and "Hurt")
John Cusack
The film "Kill Bill: Vol. 1"
The film "Kill Bill: Vol. 2"
John Cusack
High Fidelity
BritPop in all its forms at any point in your life (Oasis praise is punishable by death)
John Cusack
I forgive you for liking Around The Horn. <3

jack123
03-09-2010, 08:56 PM
before participating in any stay at home working plan, read about the history of the site.
If the website require you to give them your bank acount info then you must think again.
A legitimate working online from home should not request for financial information.

Lizardus
03-09-2010, 09:03 PM
before participating in any stay at home working plan, read about the history of the site.
If the website require you to give them your bank acount info then you must think again.
A legitimate working online from home should not request for financial information.

I believe this is good and sound advice and JN should stop complaining about his itchy shirts.

Is he dislikes them so much, he should stop wearing them and go out topless.

And post pictures.

JohnnyNemesis
03-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Holy shit, I was so lame. Still am lame now, just a different kind of lame.

T-6005
03-09-2010, 10:17 PM
PSA bot.

Adorable.

Harleyquiiinn
03-09-2010, 11:11 PM

Does that mean you like John Cusack now ?

JohnnyNemesis
03-10-2010, 02:25 AM
Christ, no.

Harleyquiiinn
03-10-2010, 06:06 AM
Good.

You could add 2012 to your list now.

Joan Cusack is really cool though

Al Coholic
03-10-2010, 12:04 PM
I know Mota Boy isn't around anymore, but prior to this most recent season, why would anyone think the Bucs are evil? Oakland, I totally understand. The Cowboys, I could see that. But Tampa? Unless your a Falcons fan I mean cmon...

Also, I like Snatch and Cusack's allright. Though I always mix him up with Kevin Costner. I think. I don't know much about actors.

Vera
03-11-2010, 11:21 AM

And there he was, in flesh, John Cusack in Bronx - a virtual impossibility but so real all the same. And with his eyes wide, his mouth slack with the tension pulsing through the air between him and Ricky, John Cusack swallowed hard and dropped his gaze to his feet.

"I ..I like Kill Bill films."

Ricky's heart sank to his knees as John was confessing to him. "I don't know what I was saying, dude," he said, his shoulders sagging the slightest. "It was 2006. I mean, fuck. I used to watch wrestling."

John's eyes were filled with mist and a new kind of hope. Sun began setting against the New York horizon as he leaned in towards Ricky, reaching out in passion so potent it ached.

"Start anew?" John asked.

Ricky could only smile. "Let's watch Snatch."

"Show me how to compose on a Gameboy afterwards?"

"Fuck yes." Ricky paused as they both settled on his couch in front of the television set. "John?"

"Yes?"

"I love you sfm you liberal whitey."

Llamas
03-11-2010, 11:25 AM
I just fell madly in love with Sannis.

Free?
03-11-2010, 11:39 AM
And there he was, in flesh, John Cusack in Bronx - a virtual impossibility but so real all the same. And with his eyes wide, his mouth slack with the tension pulsing through the air between him and Ricky, John Cusack swallowed hard and dropped his gaze to his feet.

"I ..I like Kill Bill films."

Ricky's heart sank to his knees as John was confessing to him. "I don't know what I was saying, dude," he said, his shoulders sagging the slightest. "It was 2006. I mean, fuck. I used to watch wrestling."

John's eyes were filled with mist and a new kind of hope. Sun began setting against the New York horizon as he leaned in towards Ricky, reaching out in passion so potent it ached.

"Start anew?" John asked.

Ricky could only smile. "Let's watch Snatch."

"Fuck yes." Ricky paused as they both settled on his couch in front of the television set. "John?"

"Yes?"

http://www.northernsun.com/images/imagethumb/%20Horse%20Yin%20Yang%20Static%20Cling%20(5126).jp g

wheelchairman
03-11-2010, 01:36 PM
In part two, there should be a split (a sexy split), and Ricky should stand outside John's place holding a stereo high above his head.

Al Coholic
03-11-2010, 04:21 PM
What if we cut away (family guy style) to see 1565 do a sexy split, then cut back into whatever was going on before that?

JohnnyNemesis
03-11-2010, 06:44 PM
My god, Sanni is perfect.

nieh
03-11-2010, 06:56 PM
I still like both Kill Bills and High Fidelity.
Also, I recently discovered that Blur were pretty awesome.

Llamas
03-12-2010, 01:34 AM
My god, Sanni is perfect.

I agree. Best parts:

"Yes?"

I seriously lol every time I read it again.

Vera
03-12-2010, 07:52 AM
John would be the one getting dumped, obvsly.

He wins Ricky back with a mixtape and a dissertation on black Latin@ culture. It takes him three years but it's worth it.

Paint_It_Black
03-12-2010, 09:06 AM
I really get too much enjoyment out of reading old threads.

Especially when I'm in them somewhere, but that's not really the point.

Thread necromancy: Sometimes pretty cool?

jack123
06-03-2010, 11:38 PM
American Consumer Opinion
Lightspeedpanel
Surveyhead
Globalsurveygroup
Click IQ (USA)
E-Poll (USA)
Global Test Market USA (USA)
Greenfield Online Surveys(INT)
Harris Poll Online (INT)
IPSOS (USA)
Lightspeed (USA,CAN,UK)
NFO My Survey (USA,CAN,UK)
NPDOR (INT)
Opinion Site (INT)
Survey Savvy (INT)
Survey Spot (USA,CAN,UK)
Survey Spree (USA)
Synovate (INT)
Testspin (INT)
Your 2 Cents (USA,CAN)
There are many more but I just list the ones which are well known.

ad8
06-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Thread necromancy: Sometimes pretty cool?

American Consumer Opinion
Lightspeedpanel
Surveyhead
Globalsurveygroup
Click IQ (USA)
E-Poll (USA)
Global Test Market USA (USA)
Greenfield Online Surveys(INT)
Harris Poll Online (INT)
IPSOS (USA)
Lightspeed (USA,CAN,UK)
NFO My Survey (USA,CAN,UK)
NPDOR (INT)
Opinion Site (INT)
Survey Savvy (INT)
Survey Spot (USA,CAN,UK)
Survey Spree (USA)
Synovate (INT)
Testspin (INT)
Your 2 Cents (USA,CAN)
There are many more but I just list the ones which are well known.
SOMEtimes!!!

Cock Joke
06-04-2010, 08:16 AM
FUCK the juice!!!

holland25
06-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Holy shit, that bot registered in november 2005.