PDA

View Full Version : The Search Button:)

rlplaymaker
03-20-2006, 09:38 PM
IRONY, if you bring up something that has been said before and a smart -ass senior member(bd-007h) has already heard of this subject in a previous thread, they will get on your ass and tell you to use the search button. the question i havbe for everyone is....whats getting older, repeated threads made by noobs., or THE FUCKING SEARCH BUTTON>???!!!!! what do you people think

Hux
03-20-2006, 09:42 PM
First of all, this should be in offspring.com forum.

Second of all, the search button does not always work in the fact that there could be many titles for a similar thread.

Third of all, it is kind of annoying to see when something is repeated, especially when there are many of those threads or it has been done recently, but usually it's dont by new members so it's understandable that they might not know of or use the search button.

By the way, you joined in June 2005 and you've only got 48 posts, do you even care?

rlplaymaker
03-20-2006, 09:45 PM
ive been comin to www.offspring.com for 4 years......recently started posting, and yea i do care. its more annoying then new threads

Plumey
03-20-2006, 10:01 PM
I agree. It gets annoying when I find a thread that is actually somewhat interesting, only to have someone giving a smart comment about the search button right in the middle of it. I understand not wanting two threads with the same subject going on at the same time, but sometimes a new thread works well for alerting people about things they might not have thought about or searched for otherwise.

Ninty Man
03-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Search button??

never happened :D

Llamas
03-20-2006, 10:48 PM
the search button shit is so annoying. Let's say I had something I want to discuss that's been discussed before... if I search it and find it, and I read everyone's posts, if I respond to it, I'm digging up an old thread. I think that digging up old threads is FAR more annoying. Plus, if it was discussed long ago, chances are the people posting now are totally different people, which means you're going to get a whole different thread by asking the same question.

Plumey
03-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Search button??

never happened :D

This reply? Never happened. Really. :rolleyes:

Plumey
03-20-2006, 10:49 PM
I agree, ilovellamas.

Hux
03-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Plus, if it was discussed long ago, chances are the people posting now are totally different people, which means you're going to get a whole different thread by asking the same question.
If it's a thread which there will be a discussion (not a question and only one answer) then I definately agree.

Llamas
03-20-2006, 10:57 PM
oh true. if you're like "is seth green in OP?" then yeah. search button it up.

bd007h
03-20-2006, 11:04 PM
IRONY, if you bring up something that has been said before and a smart -ass senior member(bd-007h)

as if I'm the ONLY one that's ever done this. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, use the search button.

Hux
03-20-2006, 11:06 PM
Oh yeah, use the search button.
Haha, yes that's true.

Hypodermic_89
03-21-2006, 12:09 AM
I think you guys should stop being so easily annoyed. It's not like the person who writes/digs up the thread is spamming. They're just replying to an old thread, or if they made a new thread, they're just asking a question or giving out information. What's wrong with that? And I don't understand why you even bother writing in threads that have been made before. You don't have to. No one is forcing you to reply to every single thread. You do realize that there are people who haven't discussed something, and there already is an old thread about it. They use the SB, and they find an old thread and they reply to it. So, the first person who sees this either goes "Why the hell has this thread been revived?" or "stupid junior member, don't dig up old threads" and in the worst case, some one tells him to use the Search Button. If someone makes a new thread about a subject that was discussed yesterday, fine. I can't believe you people prefer to be total asses than supportive fellow Offspring fans. So think about it 'till the next "newbie-thread":

"Should I be a total asscrack retard and say that this newbie is retarded because he made a thread that has been made before and he doesn't know about it?"

OR

"Should I be a good chap and give this new fellow Offspring fan my full support and try to teach him how the forum works?"

Llamas
03-21-2006, 12:19 AM
I agree with you 100%, also! *applauds*

T-6005
03-21-2006, 12:29 AM
I think you're a fucking idiot. People should use the search button for repetitive threads. End of story.

If you think it's annoying, that's your fucking problem. If you and every other idiot used the damn search button, threads wouldn't repeat, no one would comment on repetitive threads by asking you to use the search button, and the forums would just generally be less cluttered.

Hux
03-21-2006, 02:03 AM
"Should I be a total asscrack retard and say that this newbie is retarded because he made a thread that has been made before and he doesn't know about it?"

OR

"Should I be a good chap and give this new fellow Offspring fan my full support and try to teach him how the forum works?"
Finally, someone who is affable and courteous. *sigh* If only there were more people like you.

I hope people will read this and think about their actions next time someone unknowingly creates a thread which has been done, and also in reality situations.

Tijs
03-21-2006, 02:15 AM
Yeah but... wrong forum.

Some 'basic' guidelines are that you don't create a double thread when it comes to "What's your favorite album?" or "Who's your favorite member?". Those threads should be digged up. But when it comes to threads that aren't... like that, it's ok if it's posted twice, unless it's been done before not too long ago.

Paint_It_Black
03-21-2006, 03:18 AM
I think you're a fucking idiot.

That's all that had to be said.

WebDudette
03-21-2006, 04:26 AM
Search button doesn't just look by thread title for whoever mentioned that.

What's more annoying 1800000000000 threads asking The Offspring to come to <insert country> or someone saying use the search button. What's more annoying 48 million Greenday threads or someone saying use the search button.

Sometimes I understand like if someone made a thread that was similar to a thread amde a long time ago it's perfectly fine but when you have the same thread repeted daily it is very very annoying.

T-6005
03-21-2006, 08:14 AM
What's more annoying 1800000000000 threads asking The Offspring to come to <insert country> or someone saying use the search button. What's more annoying 48 million Greenday threads or someone saying use the search button.
What's more annoying, having mistakes pointed out or question marks?

Ninty Man
03-21-2006, 07:17 PM
This reply? Never happened. Really. :rolleyes:

This Quote???
Never happened :cool:

WebDudette
03-21-2006, 07:21 PM
What's more annoying, having mistakes pointed out or question marks?

I apologize I tend to forget question marks.

There were several other mistakes in that post but it 4:30 am.