PDA

View Full Version : So yea..

arak0r
03-21-2006, 01:35 AM
for those of you that have been on the offy forums for ages now, got a question. youve got to know many people from here over the years, and one thing that always amuses me is how much everyone changes. then how little a few people change. so few questions

whose changed the least
whose changed the most and for better or worse?

was just thinking about this, cause when i first registered here my name if any of you remember was RAP SUCKS. how much ive changed as far as my musical tastes are concerned. hah. who else has had radically changed musical tastes?

Tizzalicious
03-21-2006, 01:43 AM
My music tastes changed quite a bit, when I joined, I listened to punk a lot, now I switched back to what I liked before I got into punk, being "normal" rockish kinda things, and Hanson.

As for who changed the most, depends on what you are looking at. There's lookswise, which would include Dave, obviously, and me too. And personality wise, I don't really know. Per changed on here after the meetup, because we all told him to be more funny on here, when we noticed he was actually really funny and not just a boring commie ;)

Who changed the least...Bella maybe, she is still as bouncy as ever. I don't know though, it really depends on what you're looking at.

Tijs
03-21-2006, 02:27 AM
I don't think I've changed all that much, guess I matured a bit in some ways, but who didn't?
When it comes to music taste... just like Tizz I was all into punk, which is still the kinda music I listen to the most, but I also got into more main stream music, and hardcore music.

I don't think anyone here knows me all that well, so I'm not sure if anyone can tell me how I've changed.

Andy
03-21-2006, 02:39 AM
I've changed. I know that for a fact - for one I've started to use apostrophies and put spaces after commas!

My music remains constant: rock and roll with a healthy dose of punk. Punk and Roll, if you will.

Paint_It_Black
03-21-2006, 02:44 AM
Those should be fairly easy questions, yet somehow they aren't. Hmm.

My posting style has matured of course. And by that I mostly just mean I lightened up. Many years ago I took everything too seriously, and could get pretty worked up about some stuff. I'm sure you remember that, Joe. Now nothing online bothers me. That's what going from 16 to 24 tends to do to people.

I'd say Per seems a lot different now than he used to. But it's hard for me to notice with most people, because it happened gradually. The majority of us oldtimers have matured, of course, and I'd say that's the biggest difference.

My musical tastes haven't changed a lot really.

Tizzalicious
03-21-2006, 02:45 AM
But it's hard for me to notice with most people, because it happened gradually. The majority of us oldtimers have matured, of course, and I'd say that's the biggest difference.

I agree.

arak0r
03-21-2006, 02:45 AM
My posting style has matured of course. And by that I mostly just mean I lightened up. Many years ago I took everything too seriously, and could get pretty worked up about some stuff. I'm sure you remember that, Joe. Now nothing online bothers me. That's what going from 16 to 24 tends to do to people.
bahaaha yes i do :o boy did i feel bad when i turned the raging mobs onto you instead of me :o i specifically recall one thread where i got you so pissed off you wouldnt shut the hell up, till everyone in there started giving you shit. that was quite amusing. hehe.

Paint_It_Black
03-21-2006, 02:54 AM
i specifically recall one thread where i got you so pissed off you wouldnt shut the hell up, till everyone in there started giving you shit. that was quite amusing. hehe.

I don't remember anything specific from that long ago, I just remember that my behaviour was...poor.

I'd say you've become a lot less agressive than you used to be, and like a lot of us, you don't seem to take shit so seriously anymore. All part of getting older I suppose.

arak0r
03-21-2006, 03:13 AM
shit yea :\ all the time i spend in my rascal mellows me out :B

Vera
03-21-2006, 04:40 AM
Sunny has changed, not radically but I feel she's definitely gained confidence and sort of "found herself". Also, at 16 she was adamant on not getting married but look at her now, basking in married bliss with her Mr Sunny. :)

Like Tizz said, Per's started being funnier and less angry.

A lot of the times, it's just kind of hard to tell. I mean, naturally all of us change with the years. Some posters post too little for anyone to notice any chance, or are true to their "style", like Punker or Ozy.

Tizzalicious
03-21-2006, 04:41 AM
You are so right about Sunny. And Mr Sunny? Haha, so cute.

wheelchairman
03-21-2006, 05:08 AM
aside from the biggest change being Dave. Xylophonetreez is much less of a loser.

Linda has changed the least. She is exactly how I remember her.

And I don't remember any Dusky, but I'm guessing she acts a little differently.

Dush changed a lot too.

Paint_It_Black
03-21-2006, 05:10 AM
Xylophonetreez is much less of a loser.

Was he ever a loser?

wheelchairman
03-21-2006, 05:12 AM
Was he ever a loser?
Do you remember Offspring Song Survivor?

Paint_It_Black
03-21-2006, 05:23 AM
I guess I don't.

HornyPope
03-21-2006, 05:44 AM
Very few people have changed, and usualy they changed for the worst and it's a change I personaly haven't accepted so I rather not name anyone, but as far as the general population goes as a whole, we mostly just grew up and matured. Some more, some less. And I, for one, I think, have matured with the rest of the people here. So nothing special to report.

Paint_It_Black
03-21-2006, 05:58 AM
I can't think of anyone who changed for the worse. But of course it's all subjective opinion.

XYlophonetreeZ
03-21-2006, 06:47 AM
Do you remember Offspring Song Survivor?
Psh. You loved it. You all loved it. You quivered in anticipation to see the results of every round, praying that your beloved Gone Away didn't get booted off CUZ ITS SUCH A DEEEP SONG!!!!!!

Nina
03-21-2006, 07:12 AM
I dont find the question difficult at all.

Before I read the replies I immediatelly thought of Sunny.
She hasnt just matured, she has ...changed. In my opinion, neither was "better" or "worse"...both "personalities" (sorry I'm talking like this, Sunny) were perfect for her age. At the moment I appriciate her posts the most.

Tizz hasnt changed, I would say. She is extremly friendly, kind and nice, and just a very cute person. She has NEVER been different, not ever through all the years I've known her closely.

Richard hasnt changed, either. It would surprise me if he had, because when I met him he was already out of the teen-phase and is obviously...still out of it. haha.

The English of a lot of people has impoved. I wish I could say the same thing about my own use of words.

Look-wise, Dave has changed the most. And like Sunny, it was good both ways: As a cute 13/14 year old he looked like his age, just as good as he does now, which is something I envy. I've never looked my age.

Some people used to be nicer, but changed drastically. I dont feel like pointing at anyone and being mean to them, so I wont. I am just trying to say that there are also negative changes.

Paint_It_Black
03-21-2006, 07:18 AM
Richard hasnt changed, either. It would surprise me if he had, because when I met him he was already out of the teen-phase and is obviously...still out of it. haha.

Hmm. I guess you're right. What was it, 4 years ago that we started to become friends? That would mean I was about 20. I guess I haven't changed too much since then. Not like the change from 16-20 anyway.

Nina
03-21-2006, 07:34 AM
Oh yeah, and I forgot to add something. Per hasnt changed AT ALL. Seriously. At least not as a person :/ I'll now just claim the right to say this as a fact because i've known him better than anyone else for many, many years.
However, he probably changed "BBS-wise", meaning that his posts probably changed. But I havent noticed that a lot, either :/

Tizzalicious
03-21-2006, 07:42 AM
Oh yeah, and I forgot to add something. Per hasnt changed AT ALL. Seriously. At least not as a person :/ I'll now just claim the right to say this as a fact because i've known him better than anyone else for many, many years.
However, he probably changed "BBS-wise", meaning that his posts probably changed. But I havent noticed that a lot, either :/

That's what I meant, he changed on the BBS, for a while he was really serious, and now he isn't anymore. On here.

Paint_It_Black
03-21-2006, 07:42 AM

His posting style definitely changed a lot. I used to think of him only as an arrogant asshole who was obsessed with communism. Then suddenly he became pleasant.

I expect you just always knew the "real" him, or something.

Tizzalicious
03-21-2006, 07:43 AM
His posting style definitely changed a lot. I used to think of him only as an arrogant asshole who was obsessed with communism. Then suddenly he became pleasant.

I expect you just always knew the "real" him, or something.

The real him isn't pleasant :(

wheelchairman
03-21-2006, 07:45 AM
Yes I suppose my marketing has changed. But that is perhaps the difference in many of us.

I mean Tizz has mysteriously stopped using smilies recently. Shocking much?

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-21-2006, 07:46 AM
Posting wise, I don't remember Tizz changing very much. Looks-wise, obviously, she has. Linda obviously posts as she always has.

Andy, TTIG and XylophonetreeZ are probably the biggest changes, post wise, and all for the better. I don't remember how WCM used to post so I can't comment.

And of course I've changed the most looks-wise.

Tizzalicious
03-21-2006, 07:46 AM
And you started using them a lot more. Coincidence?

(Edit: this was for Per obviously.)

wheelchairman
03-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Not to mention Tizz has a lot better taste in bands recently (Smashing Pumpkins, Johnny Deluxe, Mew) and films (Highlander, High Fidelity, Team America), and books (Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk.) I mean jeez she's changed a lot.

although I actually do think she has changed. For the drama centered around her on the bbs, it would be impossible for her not to change. To me she seems much less self-destructive than before.

Tizzalicious
03-21-2006, 07:54 AM
Not to mention Tizz has a lot better taste in bands recently (Smashing Pumpkins, Johnny Deluxe, Mew) and films (Highlander, High Fidelity, Team America), and books (Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk.) I mean jeez she's changed a lot.

although I actually do think she has changed. For the drama centered around her on the bbs, it would be impossible for her not to change. To me she seems much less self-destructive than before.

You're right. There is less drama in m life too though. But if there was, I wouldn't throw it all on here anymore, like I have in the past.

wheelchairman
03-21-2006, 07:57 AM
You're right. There is less drama in m life too though. But if there was, I wouldn't throw it all on here anymore, like I have in the past.
Well I will. I want anal!

Tizzalicious
03-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Well I will. I want anal!

I want sex with a penis I can actually feel. We can't all have what we want!

wheelchairman
03-21-2006, 08:00 AM
I want sex with a penis I can actually feel. We can't all have what we want!
omg the drama. you bitch. you suck!

Tizzalicious
03-21-2006, 08:02 AM
omg the drama. you bitch. you suck!

:(:(:(

*hate*

Vera
03-21-2006, 08:02 AM
She still likes Hanson, though.

I wonder if Hanson-fandom ever washes off. She'll be 50 & still drooling over that girl in Hanson.

Tizzalicious
03-21-2006, 08:03 AM
I didn't like them for a while when I came here! I switched back to them :P

wheelchairman
03-21-2006, 08:03 AM
I feel so bad to see you use smilies. You make me feel so bad. :( :( :(

Anyways let's stop ruining this thread.

BREAK
03-21-2006, 11:31 AM
I change for the better with the passing of each new day.

0r4ng3
03-21-2006, 04:27 PM
When I first joined, I was your average Offspring fanatic, except with orange font and a Mega Man avatar.

Now, I've improved much, besides the fact that I'm so insecure that I only talk about how much I have improved, hoping someone will agree with me.

T-6005
03-21-2006, 04:31 PM
I can't remember what I was like when I joined. It's probably a really, really good thing.

Mota Boy
03-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Vlad, hands down. I remember thinking that he was, like, eleven. And then I leave for a couple years, come back and suddenly he's actually got insightful opinions.

My favorites, though, are the people that got hot. You know who you are.

And personally, I'm sure I posted some outrageously dumb shit in my time. For instance, I'm pretty sure I started a thread asking the rest of the world why they hated America. Ouch. Let's not dwell on the past too much.

Endymion
03-21-2006, 05:54 PM
indeed we (royal we, that is) do.

Paint_It_Black
03-21-2006, 06:51 PM
And personally, I'm sure I posted some outrageously dumb shit in my time. For instance, I'm pretty sure I started a thread asking the rest of the world why they hated America. Ouch. Let's not dwell on the past too much.

I can't actually remember you posting anything that didn't range from good to excellent. But maybe I'm not thinking back far enough.

Betty
03-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Umm... some that haven't been mentionned...

Sam, I can particularly notice maturation on her part.

Sim, maybe I just didn't notice before, but I recall her being super nice, and now she can be much more... hostile... at least on the BBS.

.:SMASH:.
03-21-2006, 11:15 PM
according to people on general chat, i have changed the least. i was annoying back in the day and apparantly im still annoying now. most of the time i don't try, other times i just keep at it to show people what annoying really is. but to say who has changed the most....i would probably say wishomie. he is back in black now isn't he?

JohnnyNemesis
03-21-2006, 11:17 PM
most of the time i don't try, other times i just keep at it to show people what annoying really is.

This is a lie and a defense mechanism. Cut it out, it's pathetic.

but to say who has changed the most....i would probably say wishomie. he is back in black now isn't he?

He's been banned for quite a few months now.

.:SMASH:.
03-21-2006, 11:19 PM
whatever you reckon man. but i didn't know that back in black had been banned. what the hell did he do?

XYlophonetreeZ
03-21-2006, 11:33 PM
He went back to being his old self.

And I have my doubts as to whether he actually changed at all.

Mota Boy
03-21-2006, 11:42 PM
I can't actually remember you posting anything that didn't range from good to excellent. But maybe I'm not thinking back far enough.
Well, I think I was pretty decent even back in the day, but a bit rougher around the edges. I still recall coming across that thread months after I posted it and being shocked... maybe I was being sarcastic and forgot?

Anyway, I forgot Sam - yeah, she's come a long way too. I'm pretty sure I still remember her personal goal of making "Big Daddy" the first night she joined.

yay
03-22-2006, 12:55 AM
I think I've changed heaps. I've definately matured if I can praise myself for a moment, although I definately admit I do still have a major paranoia problem both online and in real life.

As for other people, I think Ruroken is much better nowadays, I'm finding Rick is being a lot friendlier (But maybe thats because I'm also doing the right thing), and Paint It Black is changing rapidly. I'll admit at first I thought he was a Sin Studly type poster, but now I have a completely different picture of him.

Kitten
03-22-2006, 01:16 AM
I think I've changed heaps. I've definately matured if I can praise myself for a moment, although I definately admit I do still have a major paranoia problem both online and in real life.

As for other people, I think Ruroken is much better nowadays, I'm finding Rick is being a lot friendlier (But maybe thats because I'm also doing the right thing), and Paint It Black is changing rapidly. I'll admit at first I thought he was a Sin Studly type poster, but now I have a completely different picture of him.

You do seem to be less annoying now. That'll change though.

Paint_It_Black
03-22-2006, 06:28 AM
Paint It Black is changing rapidly. I'll admit at first I thought he was a Sin Studly type poster, but now I have a completely different picture of him.

Do you really think I'm changing, or is your perception of me changing? You irritated me for a while, so I wasn't very nice to you. Obviously that would shape your impression. Then I decided to not be a dick towards you unless absolutely necessary, which probably allowed you to relax towards me and re-evaluate me. But if you really think I'm changing, I'd be interested to hear more.

I sometimes post in a mildy Sin Studly type manner. If I feel like it. The thing is, you can never be sure exactly what my posts will be like. I don't create a set image and then stick rigidly to it. I just say whatever I feel like at the time. Sometimes I feel like posting long replies like this, other times I feel like telling a moron to die. It varies. But overall I'd say I'm cursed with being a nice guy.

So what is your picture of me? I'm curious.

Andy
03-22-2006, 06:52 AM
I don't think Richard's changed much at all; he's still the same old Mister Wolf.

killer_queen
03-22-2006, 07:30 AM
I don't think Richard is changing. I just get to know him better day by day. That makes me feel like he's changing. Maybe that's why yay thinks so.

And I don't think I changed. I was an average bored girl. And I still am.

About musical tastes; my tastes get worse I think. I used to listen just classical music and jazz when I was small. Now, I'm on an Offspring board. Oh well...

HornyPope
03-22-2006, 08:04 AM
Vlad, hands down. I remember thinking that he was, like, eleven. And then I leave for a couple years, come back and suddenly he's actually got insightful opinions.

It's odd you should start a new paragraph with "my favourites, though". As if I wasn't included. Pffff.

But it's the english, I tells ya. I'm noticing it all the more from my trips and in particular this current stay in Serbia where I get to mingle among the locals. I read you're going to China soon so you'll definatly get the feel of what i'm saying, of how hard it is to people to express themselves in a foreign language. It's an extremly big handicap to nail down a point with only a limited vocabulary.

ruroken
03-22-2006, 08:37 AM
Mike changed! He used to be mean and tell me to drink bleach and he even made an animation to emphasize how much he wanted me to and it made me teh sadz :(

Yay has changed, too.

I dun know anyone that changed for the worse...

Rag Doll
03-22-2006, 08:42 AM
Anyway, I forgot Sam - yeah, she's come a long way too. I'm pretty sure I still remember her personal goal of making "Big Daddy" the first night she joined.

I actually wasn't a big daddy until a month after I joined. I joined in July but didn't post regularly until August....when I befriended coolguy. *sigh*

Anyways, I read this and thought of Sunny right away.

arak0r
03-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Mike changed! He used to be mean and tell me to drink bleach and he even made an animation to emphasize how much he wanted me to and it made me teh sadz :(

Yay has changed, too.

I dun know anyone that changed for the worse...

how long have you been a member of the forums :|

JoY
03-22-2006, 11:16 AM
I guess a couple of things about me have changed. the one who must've noticed that the most is probably Joe, since I used to talk with him a lot in the old days & our conversations were on a very personal level. four years ago I still lived with my parents, I was in high school & I guess I was mainly incredibly bouncy, because I just am bouncy & was also incredibly naive.

I grew up a little, kind of lost the puberty-act, moved out, started my study medicine, got to know Amsterdam, moved around about five times, learned things about myself, learned things about others.... these days I'm just bouncy, because I'm bouncy & have a reason to be bouncy; my life is great. everyfuckingthing about it. being naive can be a bliss of happiness, but happiness based on what's around you & all that you've welcomed in your life is somewhat more stable & durable. (or whatever)

I think Tizz has changed. for the better. she seems happier, as in truly happy. she always used to be this crazy, funky, little happy thing, but her mood could crash real easily sometimes (of course at times she was vulnerable) & that doesn't seem to be the case now. even if things are hard on her.

Joe's musictaste has changed like WHOA. Joeay's still the same sweet cuddlething I used to know, but he seems more secure of himself, a bit more mature & overal also happier.

Dave has changed a shitload, of course, but come on.. he was so incredibly young when we all first got to know him. so doh.

Mags has changed a lot. looks-wise & kind of attitude-wise. she seems comfortable with herself either way, with the way she was & the way she's now. she's still very passionate & everyone she loves knows it, as in KNOWS it. *smiles* well, I figured from the way she talks about 'fluffy'. ;D

I think Nina is more opened up & she seems less insecure. maybe she's finally starting to realise she's awesome.

arak0r
03-22-2006, 11:39 AM
oh yes i definately noticed big changes in you miss isabella :o

killer_queen
03-22-2006, 11:49 AM
I really want to know how Justin used to be but nobody mentions his name in this thread.

Endymion
03-22-2006, 12:12 PM
and old endy remains the same... loveable.

XYlophonetreeZ
03-22-2006, 04:36 PM
You have gotten much, much better recently. That is, except in the Official Green Day Thread. Come to think of it, I don't know why I EVER read that thread, but for some stupid reason I do. So either I should stop reading it, or you should stop posting in it, and my opinion of you will go up even further than it already has.

Admittedly, Drummerguy is equally responsible for the stupidity in that thread. I'm gonna make an effort to stop reading it, and something tells me it won't be too hard.

calichix
03-22-2006, 04:49 PM
I aint changed none. Well, I don't listen to the Offspring anymore. And I'm reeeallly embarrassed that I used my ex boyfriend's band name for my screen name and that I dated him in general. I'm not as Californianpridesurfsurfchimchungasdudesurf either since I stopped my wreck myself surfing, eat a burrito and drink a 40 oz 3-6 times a week routine. I'm very much a lady now, I s'pose.

Sunny doesn't post update on life threads anymore or dildo threads with Sanni, break and rag doll don't post threads about how they love each other more than breathing and eating and all that anymore, the goddess doesn't post poetry anymore, and linda and trip boy/ sin studly don't fight much anymore. other than that, people have been pretty consistent.

nieh
03-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Umm... some that haven't been mentionned...

Sam, I can particularly notice maturation on her part.

Sim, maybe I just didn't notice before, but I recall her being super nice, and now she can be much more... hostile... at least on the BBS.

I'd say true on both accounts, but I dunno if they've changed any more than anyone else here. Sim is actually still disgustingly sweet if you talk to her on MSN. It's almost frightening really.

It's scary how much I've stayed the same in some ways. My friend actually archives almost every conversation he has on IM (very creepy when you first find out about it) and has since like...freshman year of high school. He showed me some of them and as I was reading them I was making jokes out loud about the stuff only to find out that 2 lines later I said the exact same thing word for word in the IM convo. I've grown up a lot and am generally less of an idiot, but I'm still pretty much the same person.

Andy
03-22-2006, 05:25 PM
my ex boyfriend's .
I thought you were a fella?! I thought you were "cali chix get high" from the old board, and wasn't he male???

arak0r
03-22-2006, 09:11 PM
I thought you were a fella?! I thought you were "cali chix get high" from the old board, and wasn't he male???

no she was female i believe :o if not.. then she really did have the biggest change :x

yay
03-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Do you really think I'm changing, or is your perception of me changing? You irritated me for a while, so I wasn't very nice to you. Obviously that would shape your impression. Then I decided to not be a dick towards you unless absolutely necessary, which probably allowed you to relax towards me and re-evaluate me. But if you really think I'm changing, I'd be interested to hear more.

I sometimes post in a mildy Sin Studly type manner. If I feel like it. The thing is, you can never be sure exactly what my posts will be like. I don't create a set image and then stick rigidly to it. I just say whatever I feel like at the time. Sometimes I feel like posting long replies like this, other times I feel like telling a moron to die. It varies. But overall I'd say I'm cursed with being a nice guy.

So what is your picture of me? I'm curious.It's probably more the fact that I started actually reading your posts and seeing most of the time you actually do make valid points. When I've gone over some of my old threads and seen the abuse you and Dave used to hurl at me, I see most of it was actually deserved.

But yeah I see you as being cool. You seem to give most people a fair go. As a matter of fact I don't really have a major issue with anyone here anymore. Most of the stuff I used to get hung up on wasn't very serious.

yay
03-22-2006, 10:35 PM
You have gotten much, much better recently. That is, except in the Official Green Day Thread. Come to think of it, I don't know why I EVER read that thread, but for some stupid reason I do. So either I should stop reading it, or you should stop posting in it, and my opinion of you will go up even further than it already has.

Admittedly, Drummerguy is equally responsible for the stupidity in that thread. I'm gonna make an effort to stop reading it, and something tells me it won't be too hard.Yeah I am gonna stop posting in that thread, mainly due to the fact I waste so much time arguing back and forth the same point with Drummerguy and neither of our opinions have changed since day 1.

Vera
03-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Wait, Laura doesn't surf anyone?!

I think I can hear my world crumbling around me.

Paint_It_Black
03-23-2006, 02:19 AM
As a matter of fact I don't really have a major issue with anyone here anymore. Most of the stuff I used to get hung up on wasn't very serious.

Glad to hear it. Out of curiousity, would you say that some of the abuse you received helped you to lighten up and not take shit so seriously?

yay
03-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Glad to hear it. Out of curiousity, would you say that some of the abuse you received helped you to lighten up and not take shit so seriously?In yours and Rick's case yes it did. I don't think people like Tizz helped it though. Her and WCM kept pushing me the wrong way right through it all. I guess even they weren't that bad though.

Yeah to sum it up I think it did help.

Mota Boy
03-23-2006, 07:57 PM
I actually wasn't a big daddy until a month after I joined. I joined in July but didn't post regularly until August....when I befriended coolguy. *sigh*
The mystery is solved! I was wondering how I had a memory of you posting yourself to Big Daddyhood in one night when I know you joined before me.

calichix
03-30-2006, 12:02 AM
No, I was never a dude.

and no, I don't really surf anymore. :[ Maybe when it gets warmer I'll kick it up again. I was just sick of having my legs scratched up or having gnarly wetsuit rashes all the time. It's inconsiderate to wear skirts with your legs all trucked and that's like 80% of my wardrobe. Sanni when you come to visit me I'll turn you into a surfer and I'll do it vicariously through you.

Andy
03-30-2006, 01:22 AM
No, I was never a dude.
Ah-ha. My memory is crap. Apologies.