PDA

View Full Version : Americana DVD Not Region 1

Hyper nova
03-21-2006, 06:33 AM
I Just thought I should tell anyone being put off buying Americana DVD Because of region Shouldn't be. Because i finnaly got the Courage up to buy it through the market place on amazon.co.uk woried that my region 2 dvd player would play it and had a back up plan of using a peice of software to copy it while removing the region protection. And to my suprise after the big Region 1 warnings all over the place (Amazon, the big shop sticker) the DVD worked straight off. Im pretty sure its actually Region 0 (no region) because no where on the actual cover or DVD itself is there the usual region symbols, which im pretty sure have to be present on them so that no mistake is made by the user.

Dont know if this is of any help to anyone?

Jojan
03-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Well you should allways before you buy a DVD look if it supports you region. So just blame yourself.

Tijs
03-21-2006, 07:42 AM
He doesn't have any problems playing the DVD, so blaming himself would be kinda useless (he right, not a she?).

I never check the region, I think I can play everything, never had any problems.

YODAvid
03-21-2006, 12:35 PM
When you play DVDs on a computer, just download DVD Region Free.

When using a normal DVD player, google for "player brand and model number region free code". that will show you sites with codes you need to punch in with your remote. i live in germany and can play all DVDs that way..

Hyper nova
03-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Well you should allways before you buy a DVD look if it supports you region. So just blame yourself.
Did you read what i said?

I said i took a risk and had a back up plan but i didnt need it cause unlike places like Amazon explicitly say its Region 1 but its not its Region 0 (Free). And I know THere might be people that cant Play region 1 DVD and Might have been put of like me at first, but im saying there is no need to worry.

BTW Well worth the money might i add although not mush actual Offspring Stuff except the music but the Extreme sports and other shit was Really good, defo worth it.

OH And Yer its HE Tijs

Lars
03-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Many music DVD's come as a region 0 product, its just not always mentioned in the product description on a website.

Hyper nova
03-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Many music DVD's come as a region 0 product, its just not always mentioned in the product description on a website.

Its why i wanted to make it clear it was as i was put off like I'm sure others were because places like Amazon say its Region 1 when its not