PDA

View Full Version : Old popular songs that you haven't seen or heard on TV or the Radio.

Lithuanian Offspring
03-21-2006, 08:46 AM
Today in the morning I turned on the TV and they were playing a Sugar Ray video. I remember I used to listen to them but I haven't heard any of their stuff on TV or the Radio for a while now. What about youse? Have you guys seen any old video or have you heard any old song on the radio that you totally forgot about?

XYlophonetreeZ
03-21-2006, 11:34 AM
2001-2002 was the ultimate era for music that got played on the radio for a couple of months and then never got played again. It was the last choking, dying effort of rock stations to promote alternative rock before Blink-182 and Godsmack united in a successful effort to forever separate all alternative rock into pop-punk and nu-metal. The emo guys came a little later. Any of these bands counts, with myself recently having heard each on XM radio. For example:

Prime STH- I'm Stupid (Don't Worry 'Bout Me)
Jeremiah Freed- Again
The Flying Tigers- Maybe
Headstrong- Adriana
12 Stones- Broken (this band was remembered a little bit more because their singer guy gave women orgasms on sight and he had a part in that Evanescence song.)

So it's not like these bands were any good. Certainly not good enough to put up a fight against the new music coming in. Oh yeah, and TWICE recently I've heard "Jaded" by Aerosmith on the radio in random restaurants. That is one of the worst fucking songs EVER.

killer_queen
03-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Spin Doctors' Two Princes used to be a very popular song, that's what people say. I've never heard on TV or radio but since it has been used in Peugeot 307 commercial. Never saw its video (if it has a video) on a music channel though.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-22-2006, 07:27 PM
I was browsing through my music library and came across:

"Every Morning"- Sugar Ray (You're not the only one)
"Blue (Da Ba De)"- Eiffel 65
"Under The Bridge"- Red Hot Chili Peppers

Lithuanian Offspring
03-22-2006, 08:56 PM
They play Under the Bridge all the time and it is a classic. But those two other songs... man I never thought I'd see those things again.

All About Eve
03-22-2006, 08:59 PM
"Every Morning"- Sugar Ray (You're not the only one)

I hear that a lot, actually.

Vertical Horizon went unheard of for a while, then a couple years ago randomly became popular. I remember a song by Rooney that was really popular, I don't remember if I liked it or not, just that it was really weird, I heard it all the time, and then it died. Oh, Dido deserves a mention, although I'm not complaining that they're gone.