PDA

View Full Version : How cruel.

kamikaze
03-22-2006, 05:14 AM
On ChannelOne today, they showed a clip of a cat stuck in a tree 80 feet above the ground in a tree. The cat fell out. The "Pop Quiz Question of the Day" was: how fast did the cat free fall to the ground? While they gave you 10 seconds to answer, they played "Free Falling" by Tom Petty. That was so sad. I love cats. It hurts my heart to see them fall 80 feet to the ground only to be stopped by grass. :(

the_GoDdEsS
03-22-2006, 05:18 AM
You crazy animal lovers.

Rocky-girl
03-22-2006, 05:21 AM
There are many cruel things in the world. And that's really cruel.

Nicole
03-22-2006, 05:25 AM
It's probably not cruel so much as tasteless. Unless they put the cat in the tree to shoot a video of it and ask stupid questions.

killer_queen
03-22-2006, 05:31 AM
I loves cats too. And I used to feel the same when I see an animal tortured (although I tortured my ducks a lot). Now I learnt how to handle my childish emotions but still I'm really not comfortable with those kind of things.

Rocky-girl
03-22-2006, 05:34 AM
I think noone with heart will feel comfortable in such situation.

Sin Studly
03-22-2006, 05:35 AM
How pathetic. Back in the day Herr Göth rounded up all the Jewish children and sent them to Auschwitz while their parents watched. And he had the orchestra play "Mama buy me a little horse". Now that was a man who knew how to do the whole 'cruelty to animals' thing.

Rocky-girl
03-22-2006, 05:43 AM
Remember Osvencim and Buchenvald and many others to make a picture full. I think that big cruelity started from such situations. Exuse me I forgot 'animals don't feel pain'. Really they do.

Paint_It_Black
03-22-2006, 05:55 AM
a clip of a cat stuck in a tree 80 feet above the ground in a tree.

If it was a clip of a cat stuck in a tree 80 feet above the ground but not in a tree, then I'd be interested.

Sin Studly
03-22-2006, 06:03 AM
Remember Osvencim and Buchenvald and many others to make a picture full. I think that big cruelity started from such situations. Exuse me I forgot 'animals don't feel pain'. Really they do.

Ah yes, the Bitch of Buchenwald. She's my dream woman. And no, animals don't feel pain.

Tizzalicious
03-22-2006, 06:25 AM
I read this in the newspaper a few days ago: A few kids beat and kicked a cat, and then set him on fire, and burried him alive! Luckily some other kids digged him up, but the next day. And he survived! The kids wouldn't be punished because they were kids. SO wrong. They should be punished, no matter how old theyare, they should be taught that's not the way to treat animals.

Sin Studly
03-22-2006, 06:33 AM
Luckily some other kids digged him up, but the next day. And he survived!

Lucky for who? Not the cat, obviously. The kids who dug him up should be punished for extending the agony of that poor cat.

Tizzalicious
03-22-2006, 06:34 AM
Lucky for who? Not the cat, obviously. The kids who dug him up should be punished for extending the agony of that poor cat.

For the cat's owner, and of course for the cat, I don't think he was happy under the ground.

killer_queen
03-22-2006, 06:37 AM
Those kids need a few good slaps on their faces.

A friend of mine used to beat everyone who tortures the animals she saw (by everyone I mean the ones she could beat). But the main reason of it wasn't her love for animals probably. It must be her hatred for the little kids.

Sin Studly
03-22-2006, 06:44 AM
For the cat's owner, and of course for the cat, I don't think he was happy under the ground.

The cat's owner would have had to pay thousands in vet fees, and the cat probably would have lived out its life in agony. Or were the kids really shitty at starting fires?

Tizzalicious
03-22-2006, 06:46 AM
The cat's owner would have had to pay thousands in vet fees, and the cat probably would have lived out its life in agony. Or were the kids really shitty at starting fires?

Eh, I think he would have choked if he stayed there, not the nicest way to die think. And I doubt the owner cares about vet fees.

wheelchairman
03-22-2006, 06:46 AM
On ChannelOne today, they showed a clip of a cat stuck in a tree 80 feet above the ground in a tree.
lolz redundancy.

Sin Studly
03-22-2006, 06:48 AM
Eh, I think he would have choked if he stayed there, not the nicest way to die think. And I doubt the owner cares about vet fees.

Better than secondary infection from severe burns. And of course the owner cares about vet fees, unless the owner is a 13 year old girl on her period.

Tizzalicious
03-22-2006, 06:50 AM
Better than secondary infection from severe burns. And of course the owner cares about vet fees, unless the owner is a 13 year old girl on her period.

I definitely woul rather have my cat back and pay vet fees than having him choke after being abused by some kids.

But maybe I'm just a 23 year old girl on her period.

kamikaze
03-22-2006, 07:41 AM
lolz redundancy.

My bad. I was typing that as quickly as I could. Good thing we have people who pay great attention to details like you. (No, not sarcastic.)

Paint_It_Black
03-22-2006, 07:47 AM
lolz redundancy.

I already pointed that out. Perhaps I was too subtle.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-22-2006, 08:08 AM
Call me really sick but the music they were playing with it just made me crack up.

Rag Doll
03-22-2006, 08:09 AM
We already know you're a sick animal-hater, Dave.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-22-2006, 08:25 AM
HONK *flop* HONK *flop* HONK *flop*

ruroken
03-22-2006, 09:00 AM
Yeah, that's so cruel :rolleyes:

Come on, it's not like they beat it with a stick when it landed.

Preocupado
03-22-2006, 09:09 AM
How much is 80 feet in meters? It sounds really low to me. I bet the cats i threw to the air when i was a kid went alot higher than that.

Rocky-girl
03-22-2006, 09:16 AM
And no, animals don't feel pain.
You seeems to me so clever but now I see that don't know biology at all!

JohnnyNemesis
03-22-2006, 09:16 AM
Yeah, that's so cruel :rolleyes:

Come on, it's not like they beat it with a stick when it landed.

Meh, if that was a dog you'd be flipping the fuck out.

This thread kind of irks me, even though I absolutely love cats. It's too sensational.

Sunny
03-22-2006, 09:17 AM
poor kitty... but the whole thing doesn't sound that bad.

personally, i find it far easier to be an animal lover than to be a people lover, and i don't see it as a pathetic thing. i don't have much love or respect for mankind, because we're stupid, arrogant and revolting. animals are at least cute and cuddly.

ruroken
03-22-2006, 09:19 AM

That's because dogs can't land on their feet.

This thread kind of irks me, even though I absolutely love cats. It's too sensational.
hahahahahahahahahah
(i'm sorry, its just this joke with James where 'irk' means 'fuck' because we dun know what it means and it keeps coming up in DigiTools like "he irked her")

Paint_It_Black
03-22-2006, 09:22 AM

You must have a retarded dog.

Sin Studly
03-22-2006, 09:31 AM
personally, i find it far easier to be an animal lover than to be a people lover, and i don't see it as a pathetic thing. i don't have much love or respect for mankind, because we're stupid, arrogant and revolting. animals are at least cute and cuddly.

Those reasons are exactly why I love slavs more than people. But anyways, I'm cute and cuddly, even if I am a human being. :(

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-22-2006, 10:00 AM

Even though the cat probably landed on it's feet, from 80 feet up it'd probably still be badly hurt.

JohnnyNemesis
03-22-2006, 10:01 AM
because we're stupid, arrogant and revolting. animals are at least cute and cuddly.

Animals are very often stupid, arrogant, and revolting too though. Almost always.

Rocky-girl
03-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Animals are very often stupid, arrogant, and revolting too though. Almost always.
Animals are stupid when people around them are stupid!

Sunny
03-22-2006, 10:35 AM

stupidity in animals is cute. like, i know a really fuzzy dog that loves chasing stuff.. and he can't make sharp turns so he often goes *thunk* into a wall. he's a moron, but it's adorable.

arrogance... maybe, but if you let the animal know you're the leader, it will actually act very humble, from my experience with dogs and horses.

as for being revolting in the physical aspect, animals are a lot less disgusting than people... and the behavioral aspect, they don't plot, lie, cheat or generally have bad intentions the way human beings do. and even if they try to mangle your face, it's still sort of endearing.

*scratches Justin behind his ear*

Rocky-girl
03-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Sunny I think there is no point to tell this all, when person hates all around him/her there is nothing to do.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-22-2006, 11:20 AM
You have got to be kidding me! The one day I miss school because I'm sick I miss a cat falling 80 feet! I'm mad.

Sin Studly
03-22-2006, 05:16 PM
stupidity in animals is cute. like, i know a really fuzzy dog that loves chasing stuff.. and he can't make sharp turns so he often goes *thunk* into a wall. he's a moron, but it's adorable.

arrogance... maybe, but if you let the animal know you're the leader, it will actually act very humble, from my experience with dogs and horses.

as for being revolting in the physical aspect, animals are a lot less disgusting than people... and the behavioral aspect, they don't plot, lie, cheat or generally have bad intentions the way human beings do. and even if they try to mangle your face, it's still sort of endearing.

You describe the slavics almost as if you've lived amongst them.

T-6005
03-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Even though the cat probably landed on it's feet, from 80 feet up it'd probably still be badly hurt.
Cats apparently do a really weird thing after falling a certain distance. They spread out their legs and land on their stomachs. I read about it... somewhere. Apparently it's safer than landing on its feet after a certain height.

0r4ng3
03-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Or, if it was a giant tentacle monster.

Italia311
03-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Enjoy your spaghetti, Cause your rude.

wheelchairman
03-23-2006, 02:08 AM
My bad. I was typing that as quickly as I could. Good thing we have people who pay great attention to details like you. (No, not sarcastic.)
I didn't actually notice until I read it out loud. Which I prefer to do with the bbs.

Dmarques
03-23-2006, 03:00 AM
The world is cruel... :(