PDA

View Full Version : Important Announcement

Paint_It_Black
03-22-2006, 09:48 AM
The word "definitely" does not have an "a" in it. Seriously, it just fucking doesn't.

I'm giving everyone a 24 hour period to confirm this amazing fact for themselves. After that, if you refuse to get it the fuck right, I will despise you.

Edit: Also, pay careful attention to how I spelled "despise".

JohnnyNemesis
03-22-2006, 09:54 AM
I approve of/endorse this thread.

This is a great opportunity to vent some other spelling frustrations, but they're escaping me at the moment.

the_GoDdEsS
03-22-2006, 09:55 AM
I forgive that one. Because a lot of natives make that mistake.

ruroken
03-22-2006, 09:55 AM
Who the hell is using an "a"? What's going on?

Paint_It_Black
03-22-2006, 10:00 AM
I approve of/endorse this thread.

I knew I could rely on you. I even thought as much while making this thread.

I forgive that one. Because a lot of natives make that mistake.

That's exactly why it must not be forgiven.

Who the hell is using an "a"? What's going on?

You must be joking, or just don't pay the same attention to spelling as I do.

Tizzalicious
03-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Aaaah yes.

I'd also like to point out, ridiculous is spelled like this: ridiculous. There's no e.

ruroken
03-22-2006, 10:03 AM
You must be joking, or just don't pay the same attention to spelling as I do.
I haven't been here very much lately, so I haven't been reading much. If its igniton (thats doing this), then what the hell do you expect?

I'd also like to point out, ridiculous is spelled like this: ridiculous. There's no e.
That word should never be used anyway, so using it is almost as bad as misspelling it.

Andy
03-22-2006, 10:04 AM
I've been guilty of spelling it "definately", I apologise.

Paint_It_Black
03-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Ruroken, I can ignore it from complete idiots. My real problem is with people who should know better.

Edit: Thank you Andy. I will now cross you off the list. But consider yourself on probation.

Sin Studly
03-22-2006, 10:07 AM
I used to do it all the time, and probably still do even now that I know how it should be spelt. However, I refuse to take any advice on the English language from a britfag. Have a foreigner tell me how to spell it and I'll consider putting more care into it.

Sunny
03-22-2006, 10:12 AM
oh man. yes. *hate*

it's ESPECIALLY annoying when native English speakers do it. they had their entire lives to learn their language. get your shit right.

another pet peeve... it's "masturbation" not "masterbation". gurrrgug.

Paint_It_Black
03-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Justin, your point is invalidated by Rick's endorsement of this thread. So get it the fuck right from now on.

JohnnyNemesis
03-22-2006, 10:15 AM

YES. That one annoys the fuck out of me too.

Tizzalicious
03-22-2006, 10:16 AM
oh man. yes. *hate*

it's ESPECIALLY annoying when native English speakers do it. they had their entire lives to learn their language. get your shit right.

Yesss! And grammer is annoying too.

"I know my grammer is bad" YES! AND SO IS YOUR SPELLING!

Sin Studly
03-22-2006, 10:16 AM
An endorsement is no good, he needs make the point as if he came up with it without it being first made by a brit. As it is, I'm considering refusing to get it right no matter what, since a brit told me to start spelling it right.

ruroken
03-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Hahahaha masterbation.
I've never seen anyone do that, but I'm sure that it would annoy me too. but if it's not someone that just got into it or someone that hasn't gotten to that point yet, then it isn't annoying.

Paint_It_Black
"I know my grammer is bad" YES! AND SO IS YOUR SPELLING!

This thread is going beautifully. You guys are making me proud.

Tizzalicious
Hahahaha masterbation.
I've never seen anyone do that, but I'm sure that it would annoy me too. but if it's not someone that just got into it or someone that hasn't gotten to that point yet, then it isn't annoying.

It's not like you have to do something to know how to spell it.

Paint_It_Black
03-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Hahahaha masterbation.
I've never seen anyone do that, but I'm sure that it would annoy me too.

Yeah, you definitely pay no attention to spelling then.

Rocky-girl
03-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Yes, sometimes I do so stupid mistakes! I wish my English teacher never see them! But I'm interesting only in one thing you don't use tenses, only the most usefull!

Paint_It_Black
03-22-2006, 10:24 AM
Tanya, you are exempt from any scorn. You speak English the way it should be spoken.

Rocky-girl
03-22-2006, 10:28 AM
Thank you, but my English is far from ideal. I think that Simona does it better than me, but I can't speak better those people for whom this language is native.

Sin Studly
03-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Tanichka, you speak English better than... say, Maria, and she's obviously been learning it a lot longer than you, and reading a lot more.

Sin Studly
03-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Actually, my atrocious spelling is weird. Admittedly, I'm an uneducated fuck who never got past year 10 of high school, but I'm still a writer. An excellent fucking writer, if I do say so myself, with flawless turn of phrase and a sublime sense of flow, and intend to start writing professionally when I can be bothered. Yet I keep throwing in the letter a seemingly wherever it doesn't belong.

Oh well, fuck it, I'll get proofreaders for that kinda shit.

Vera
03-22-2006, 01:00 PM
I dezpice you for thes thred... Fucka!!!

Even bast peeple make misteaks.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-22-2006, 01:04 PM
I definitaley never had a problem with an "a" in it. (Just kidding, guys)

But I think I used to put an "e" after the "f".

Definitely
Defenitely

T-6005
03-22-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm not even going to start griping about how spelling errors get me, or I'll be here all night.

Mota Boy
03-22-2006, 03:12 PM
I make that mistake fairly often. There are certain words I'll never be able to spell correctly without consulting a dictionary. I find it amusing that I won my district spelling bee in middle school but will consistently misspell certain common words.

I like to think that my mistakes are on par with Einstein's inability to do basic math.

calichix
03-22-2006, 04:51 PM
oh god, I hate that! and when people say "your" when they mean "you're" and "theyre" when they mean "their".

nieh
03-22-2006, 05:04 PM
I think I might be guilty of this one at least occasionally...I apologize and will remove one of my own fingers as punishment for this.

Sinister
03-22-2006, 05:06 PM
Pretty much everything people use to save time and/or keystrokes annoys me, mainly because this is a forum, not a chatroom. I know I used to write using shortcuts all the time, but for some reason I don't do it anymore, which is a good thing.

WebDudette
03-22-2006, 05:20 PM
oh god, I hate that! and when people say "your" when they mean "you're" and "theyre" when they mean "their".

I probably do this the most and I apologize but I was never taught any diffrent.

All About Eve
03-22-2006, 05:21 PM
I probably do this the most and I apologize but I was never taught any diffrent.

I don't know if this is irony or what, but it's diffErent.

WebDudette
03-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Err... That was nothing but a typo.

Tizzalicious
03-22-2006, 07:13 PM

You should switch schools.

WebDudette
03-22-2006, 07:55 PM
I did. I'am in high school now but I'am fairly certain they don't teach such things in high school. They just play Mmmbop for three motnhs straight.

Tizzalicious
03-23-2006, 12:16 AM
And they didn't teach it in your previous school either?

Surely they should tell you what you do wrong in highschool though.

.:SMASH:.
03-23-2006, 01:00 AM
this thread is definately not necessary. not with all the smart, clever, intellegent people on these boards such as myself.

Tizzalicious
03-23-2006, 01:01 AM
this thread is definately not necessary. not with all the smart, clever, intellegent people on these boards such as myself.

*intelligent

03-23-2006, 01:03 AM
you obviously don't understand my point. ^

Tizzalicious
03-23-2006, 01:06 AM
or maybe you act stupid enough all the time to not ever be taken seriously.

03-23-2006, 01:07 AM
or maybe you act stupid enough all the time to not ever be taken seriously.
at least not on the internet. i'm not a nerd. but i have a hunch you are

the_GoDdEsS
03-23-2006, 01:10 AM
at least not on the internet. i'm not a nerd. but i have a hunch you are

Hahaha, typical. I'm not, but YOU ARE!!!!!

03-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Hahaha, typical. I'm not, but YOU ARE!!!!!
well it makes sense. tizz posts 16 times per day while i only have 6 - 8. she clearly spends/wastes more time on the BBS/internet. therefore she is a nerd in my opinion. you can have your opinion about me too. which i know are all negative.

Sin Studly
03-23-2006, 01:20 AM
you obviously don't understand my point. ^

She got it, but it's obvious you deliberately spelled "definitely" wrong, and only fucked up "intelligent" because you're a complete fucking retard. Tell me I'm wrong, cane toad.

Tizzalicious
03-23-2006, 01:21 AM
OMGGGGGG I'm such a nerd.

Or maybe I can't work//go to college because of health issues, so I have a lot of time to kill?

03-23-2006, 01:31 AM
She got it, but it's obvious you deliberately spelled "definitely" wrong, and only fucked up "intelligent" because you're a complete fucking retard. Tell me I'm wrong, cane toad.
wouldn't it make sense to make fun of the boards by even miss spelling intelligent?

OMGGGGGG I'm such a nerd.

Or maybe I can't work//go to college because of health issues, so I have a lot of time to kill?
and that just saddens me

Tizzalicious
03-23-2006, 01:32 AM
It saddens me too, now please shut up.

the_GoDdEsS
03-23-2006, 01:34 AM
miss spelling??

You're joking now?

the_GoDdEsS
03-23-2006, 01:36 AM
Just for fun (http://www.yourdictionary.com/library/misspelled.html).

03-23-2006, 01:36 AM
miss spelling??

You're joking now?
yes i am joking. let's end this now. tizz seems to be getting a little cranky

the_GoDdEsS
03-23-2006, 01:38 AM
Is that your excuse for stupidity? Claiming someone else is cranky? Wow.

03-23-2006, 01:43 AM
yeah whatever. cya.

Tizzalicious
03-23-2006, 01:44 AM
Sim, you don't get it...HE DOESN'T CARE!

Isolated Fury
03-23-2006, 01:46 AM
omg tru punx?

Paint_It_Black
03-23-2006, 04:36 AM
Is that your excuse for stupidity? Claiming someone else is cranky? Wow.

Yeah, he always thinks everyone else is getting worked up. It's amazing.

JoY
03-23-2006, 05:44 AM
Aaaah yes.

yesyesYES. I always used to spell "ridiculous", but so many people who have English as their first language spell "rediculous", that at some point I thought I was stoopid & started spelling it like "rediculous". a few months ago I realised how ridiculous that was.

JoY
03-23-2006, 05:45 AM
MASTERBATION, hahahahahahahaa!!!

JoY
03-23-2006, 05:48 AM
that gets on my nerves too. if you have so much trouble knowing the difference between "you're" & "your"/"they're" & "their", just type out "you are"/"they are" & the problem is solved.

Tizzalicious
03-23-2006, 05:50 AM
yesyesYES. I always used to spell "ridiculous", but so many people who have English as their first language spell "rediculous", that at some point I thought I was stoopid & started spelling it like "rediculous". a few months ago I realised how ridiculous that was.

Haha, English speaking people who fuck up can totally confuse me too. Lee always wrote "finnish" instead of "finish", so for years I did too. Grrr.

JoY
03-23-2006, 05:52 AM
well it makes sense. tizz posts 16 times per day while i only have 6 - 8. she clearly spends/wastes more time on the BBS/internet. therefore she is a nerd in my opinion. you can have your opinion about me too. which i know are all negative.
were al teh nerdz0rz!

since when is your daily post amount a measurement for how nerdy you are? to think so makes you stupid & that's hardly an opinion.

Tizzalicious
03-23-2006, 05:53 AM
were al teh nerdz0rz!

since when is your daily post amount a measurement for how nerdy you are? to think so makes you stupid & that's hardly an opinion.
You're only saying that because it would make you the 2nd biggest nerd on here!

JoY
03-23-2006, 05:54 AM
Haha, English speaking people who fuck up can totally confuse me too. Lee always wrote "finnish" instead of "finish", so for years I did too. Grrr.
exactly!

"got to Sanni my homework" *giggles*

laaame.

JoY
03-23-2006, 05:54 AM
You're only saying that because it would make you the 2nd biggest nerd on here!
oh noez, pwn3d. :(

Eternal Yamcha
03-23-2006, 06:02 AM
Whoa... Wait... Wait... Definitely doesn't have an 'A' in it? I coulda sworn it did... I mean, so many people do it, I thought that's how it was spelled. Hm, the more you know I guess...

Sorry if I came off sounding like an ass... It does make me sad when people just slap words together and call them a sentence and it also makes me sad when people bastardize words left and right on the internet in an attempt to speed up their chat. This is a forum, not a chatroom... You have the time to sit down and actually make an pseudo-intelligent post that is readable. Mistakes are okay and certain circumstantial things may affect the outcome of post in a forum (such as, in an English speaking forum that has many members who speak English as a 2nd/3rd/etc. language have some leeway.)

*Sighs* Sorry, I've ranted on long enough and made myself both look like an ass and an idiot... I just have so much pent up hostility towards internet culture today *shakes fist* So much fury...

Edit: And no pointing out my errors, I'm fully aware of them... I think.

HisHolinessSatan
03-23-2006, 06:05 AM
Stop apologizing.

JoY
03-23-2006, 06:07 AM
wouldn't it make sense to make fun of the boards by even miss spelling intelligent?

and that just saddens me
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/3302/pressroomhome1lq.jpg

& admit you were too quick with your judgement.

wheelchairman
03-23-2006, 06:58 AM
I will never be able to spell feminism. I think that's right. But I might as well spell it feminimism. Femiminism. Fenimism. They all, including the first.
Look equally wrong.

Vera
03-23-2006, 07:11 AM
One forum I visit has a spellcheck. It's a button right next to "Post" and "Preview".

Of course, as I just discovered when I tried it, it doesn't work, or works really slowly.

JohnnyNemesis
03-23-2006, 09:00 AM
yeah whatever. cya.

You are such a worthles pile of feces.

the_GoDdEsS
03-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Yeah, way to piss out of a thread like a coward.

Masterbation must be the most retarded spelling mistake there is. Doesn't it remind you of wishomie?

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-23-2006, 10:19 AM
I'd also like to announce that people that use "addicting" when they should use "addictive" hurt my soul. I know I've said that before but it really wounds me.

JohnnyNemesis
03-23-2006, 10:20 AM
^That one annoys the fuck out of me, especially cause "addictive" is a fairly common word.

JoY
03-23-2006, 10:21 AM
I'd also like to announce that people that use "addicting" when they should use "addictive" hurt my soul. I know I've said that before but it really wounds me.
ah yes, I suddenly remember having done that. *raises eyebrow* I can't even think of a reason why. :/