PDA

View Full Version : worst offspring video

igniton/pyro
03-22-2006, 10:05 AM
im shure this havent been done before

i think the hit that video sucks.

Eternal Yamcha
03-22-2006, 10:10 AM
I could say "Cool To Hate" but that's kinda unfair, the video wasn't exactly a studio produced video. I ALMOST want to say "Gone Away." I can see the vision behind the video... But the song has much more meaning and depth than that... Then again, I tend to try to match videos I make to the lyrics of a song. The video was good, but "Gone Away" is, or is very close to being, my favorite song... So the standard is a bit higher for me on that one.

I'm not touching "Gotta Keep 'em Seperated" and "Self-Esteem." It's unfair to compare them with later videos when the budgets weren't as large as they are now.

Rufus
03-22-2006, 10:11 AM
I'd say either Shes Got Issues or Hit That

pyromaniac
03-22-2006, 10:59 AM
"Gotta Get Away" in my opinion,because that video just didn't do a good job of showing what, i think, the meaning to that song would be. :confused:

Tijs
03-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Gotta Get Away is about being paranoid and feeling messed up, isn't it? I think the guy who gets mocked in the video kinda shows how it makes you feel. I'd say it totally shows the meaning of the song.

Worst video is, in my opinion, Hit That. I don't like the way the band seems to have nothing to do with the video what so ever.

Dmarques
03-22-2006, 11:29 AM
The meaning of life...but the song is good.

JohnnyNemesis
03-22-2006, 11:47 AM
CGMHAY was just so fucking BORING OH MY GOD.

She's Got Issues, Pretty Fly, and Why Don't You Get a Job are exceptionally bad too.

F@ BANKZ
03-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Gotta Get Away is about being paranoid and feeling messed up, isn't it? I think the guy who gets mocked in the video kinda shows how it makes you feel. I'd say it totally shows the meaning of the song.

Worst video is, in my opinion, Hit That. I don't like the way the band seems to have nothing to do with the video what so ever.
I agree. And Gotta Get Away is the best video!!!! It is just awesome in every way possible, if they were trying to purely express the meaning of a song in every video we would never see the band. Hit That sucks, although its funny that such an ace band can release such shit. Was it actually supposed to be a joke? It wouldnt surprise me

Llamas
03-22-2006, 12:53 PM
I hate the video for "want you bad". ugh, it sucks.

Llamas
03-22-2006, 12:54 PM
shit! I accidentally voted for defy you instead of want you bad! can i delete my vote??

CSX
03-22-2006, 03:04 PM
(Can't Get My) Head Around You. Great song, terrible video. I don't blame them for going for a band video after people complained about Hit That, but it was badly filmed with crap lighting, jerky cameras and 'special' effects that were outdated 30 years ago. It was one of their best singles, they screwed up its chances with the video.

Dmarques
03-22-2006, 03:05 PM
(Can't Get My) Head Around You. Great song, terrible video. I don't blame them for going for a band video after people complained about Hit That, but it was badly filmed with crap lighting, jerky cameras and 'special' effects that were outdated 30 years ago. It was one of their best singles, they screwed up its chances with the video.

Directed by Dexter Holland.lol

CSX
03-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Directed by Dexter Holland.lol

Serious?? I didn't know that, sorry Dexter :(

Rufus
03-22-2006, 03:08 PM
I thought it was I Choose that was directed by Dexter :confused:

Corpse
03-22-2006, 03:11 PM

They were pretty quick to notice that to. In the Complete Music Video Collection when they talked about the songs, with every other song there was a meaningfull(ish) description of what it was about and so on. Yet with Hit That, they just went off on random things, not even paying attention to it, then right at the end, Noodles just goes (oh yeh, tht ws the Hit That video right there).

I also fail to see how the kids aren't alright and gone away were chosen. They were possibly their two most meaningful songs, and this came through in the videos in my opinion.

Dmarques
03-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Serious?? I didn't know that, sorry Dexter :(

Yeah...lool. But I choose is an amazing videoclip...directed by Dexter Holland... :D

darthdudeguy4
03-22-2006, 03:16 PM
I wasnt a fan of TKAA video

Dmarques
03-22-2006, 03:17 PM
They were pretty quick to notice that to. In the Complete Music Video Collection when they talked about the songs, with every other song there was a meaningfull(ish) description of what it was about and so on. Yet with Hit That, they just went off on random things, not even paying attention to it, then right at the end, Noodles just goes (oh yeh, tht ws the Hit That video right there).

I also fail to see how the kids aren't alright and gone away were chosen. They were possibly their two most meaningful songs, and this came through in the videos in my opinion.

You're right. TKAA is the best videoclip. This song and the video are full of energy

Llamas
03-22-2006, 04:03 PM

exactly. I agree on both points. they also hated want you bad, noodles said it might be his least favorite video.

Taime13
03-22-2006, 06:16 PM

I loved Noodles face in that when some guy tackles him, I didnt like the She's got issues video, just didnt seem like a Offspring video.

Ninty Man
03-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Da Hui all the way :mad:

nameless
03-22-2006, 07:38 PM
i think hit that! i was gonna go for pretty fly but i thought the video was quite funny when i first saw it!

Llamas
03-22-2006, 10:36 PM
you only hate the da hui video cause you hate the song.. the video is fun and has some really cool footage.

wazzup22
03-23-2006, 06:53 AM
I didn't like Shes Got Issues....Its just too strange for me. I don't know why people don't like the Hit That video, yeh the song wasnt great but the video was original, thats just my opinon.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Who the hell voted for Gone Away??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ninty Man
03-23-2006, 07:56 PM
you only hate the da hui video cause you hate the song.. the video is fun and has some really cool footage.

No, I hate it because it's not funny, and Dexter looks fat... and... it's better Cool Too hate

OnSpring!
05-03-2006, 03:13 AM
The video of meaning of life is pure shit!

Emily_offspring_fan
05-03-2006, 07:27 AM
The video of meaning of life is pure shit!
the video of meaning of life is GOLD...shut up
and the worst definitely is Want You Bad

OnSpring!
05-03-2006, 07:31 AM
Sorry but you can say that's normal..i mean ... nothing of special, but not that the video of The Meaning of Life is gold!!!!!!??

Emily_offspring_fan
05-03-2006, 07:48 AM
Sorry but you can say that's normal..i mean ... nothing of special, but not that the video of The Meaning of Life is gold!!!!!!??
That's the best video in my opinion...the wheelchairmans, the red strange people, Dexter and a monkey in a tree, a dog in a building, Dexter being dunked...GOLD

OnSpring!
05-03-2006, 07:52 AM
what's the italian for dunked?

Emily_offspring_fan
05-03-2006, 07:54 AM
what's the italian for dunked?
italian? i dont know, but spanish is "mojado"

OnSpring!
05-03-2006, 08:26 AM
I think it's "inzuppato" but i'm not really sure!!

OnSpring!
05-03-2006, 08:27 AM
inzuppato means like "covered of water"!!!

Emily_offspring_fan
05-03-2006, 08:55 AM
inzuppato means like "covered of water"!!!
so that's right :)

German Andres
05-03-2006, 02:55 PM
I like every Offspring video, they are exellent.

no_way
05-03-2006, 03:10 PM
I don't like Original Prankster, but what do I know?

rlplaymaker
05-03-2006, 04:24 PM
what wrong with the pretty fly video??? i liked it, the girls the cars, it was somethin new for the offspring, and i dont know how you cant like the gone away video, i think they did an EXCELLENT job capturing the emotion in that song....but anywho, by bid for worst is definetly Shes got issues, it just sucks big ass balls.......my fav. has gotta be i choose

Ninty Man
05-03-2006, 07:01 PM
MMM... Now I'm not the only one who voted for Da Hui

Luriden
05-04-2006, 01:16 AM
Come Out And Play. It's just so......generic. But hey, it was their first video, so I don't mind it too much.

Self Esteem was pretty awful too though. I'm not a huge fan of performance videos.

DA KOE
05-04-2006, 04:36 AM
iŽd say "sheŽs got issues"
the song is ok, but the video is that kinda strange and ....

but which drunkn jerk votet for gone away?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-04-2006, 06:43 AM
Can't Get My Head Around You. Such a boring video....

Why so much Hit That hate?! I personally find it to be one of my favorite music videos. I guess I appreciate the metaphors within the video that a bunch of you tards probably can't connect.

guitarboy
05-04-2006, 07:08 AM
"hit that" and "come out and play"

OffspringPhreak
05-04-2006, 07:57 AM
I didn't really like "Want You Bad". I dunno why, but I wish they would've done something different with it.

Runner up was "Hit That". I thought it had a really cool look to it, but hell, even on the commentary on the music video dvd, Dexter and Noodles seem to hate it.

I really like their Smash-era videos. Probably because they're what initially got me into this band, but I dunno, I like the weirdness of those videos, and oddly enough, I really do think they fit the songs.

w3s
05-04-2006, 08:04 AM
I don't like 'Hit That' video ..

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
05-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Runner up was "Hit That". I thought it had a really cool look to it, but hell, even on the commentary on the music video dvd, Dexter and Noodles seem to hate it.

So basically you don't like it because Dexter and Noodles don't? That's not a real reason.

Luriden
05-04-2006, 12:08 PM
I love the Hit That video. It's different, and it's kinda funny.

Maybe I was the only one slightly disturbed the first time I saw it when the guy had his hoodie on, and all you could see is his mouth. You couldn't really tell it was 3D animated until he took the hoodie off, you just knew something wasn't right about him.

Chachi1856
05-04-2006, 12:32 PM

I actually enjoyed the video. I thought it was kinda funny. They picked the perfect guy to play the kinda scumbagish guy who is trying to look cool. And the girls they use in it are smokin!

no_way
05-04-2006, 02:57 PM
i don't watch many videos, and I generally pay more atention to the music, but i really hate Why Don't You Get A Job, neither the song nor the video

<<Angry Kid>>
05-05-2006, 03:20 AM
If I had to choose, the 'shes got issues' video

lightning
07-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Want You Bad or She Got Issues. They both suck

Amazed
07-25-2006, 10:55 AM
I don't understand why everyone hates the She's Got Issues video. I think it's awesome. The Hit That video is pretty boring though...

NMHFBD
07-25-2006, 01:18 PM
i don't like cool to hate video.

Punk-Freak
07-25-2006, 01:45 PM
i don't like cool to hate video.

You mean the one from the DVD Americana, right?
-That video isn't very high quality... :rolleyes: -

But okay, that video isn't an "official music video"...

brian.offspring
07-25-2006, 01:50 PM
She's Got Issues....

offy
07-25-2006, 01:55 PM
old thread...who cares xD

I'd say Gone Away. It's not that I expect the video to be happier and brighter...it sure wouldn't fit to the music including its lyrics, but I'd have to lie if I said that the video is entertaining or any good.

georgie/dexter
08-02-2006, 07:45 AM
i wasnt into the hit that video or the want you bad video

Offspring-Junkie
08-03-2006, 05:32 AM
"meaning of life" was an awful video, probably the worst
"she's got issues" was bad too
"I choose" was kinda funny, but the konzert version of "All I Want" is my favourite one. "L.A.P.D." on the 13th Floor was funny, especially if someone forgets the lyrics.

Hypodermic_89
08-03-2006, 05:57 AM
I voted a long time ago, but I thought it would be a good idea to tell you guys which video sucks according to me.

(Can't get my) Head Around You.

Killboy
08-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Well, The Offspring is not well-known becuz of their videos, but the music. So I think we shouldn't be talking about the worst video but the least-bad video...
I'd say Want you bad, why?? becuz it's a party which I'd really like to be in... :(