PDA

View Full Version : Another producer?!

Mucho Macho
03-22-2006, 12:29 PM
About a year ago, it was said that: "The Offspring are wrapping up sessions with producer JERRY FINN who also produced the band‘s version of 'I Wanna Be Sedated' for the 'We‘re A Happy Family Ramones tribute album'. They have been working on NEW SONGS, covers and even reworked older songs."
So I thought Jerry Finn was going to produce the upcoming album.
Now recently Dexter said in his journal: "Last week I went out of town to meet with a guy who might produce our next record. I thought it went really well."
So that means that someone else is going to produce the new album, instead of Jerry Finn. But what about the five/six new songs that have already been made? Are they going to re-record them with the new producer? Are they going to add them to the tracklist anyway (and work with two different producers)? Perhaps they might not use them at all at the new album?...

Your thoughts? + who do you think / hope is going to be the new producer?

Grtzzz (especially for the female fans...) :D

Hypodermic_89
03-22-2006, 12:58 PM
"They have been working on NEW SONGS, covers and even reworked older songs."

That news was for the Greatest Hits album.. You should pay more attention

Llamas
03-22-2006, 03:56 PM
yeah... I'm not gonna give the "search button" shit, but this is really old news and that was for greatest hits...

DeAtHsTaR
03-22-2006, 04:03 PM
That news was for the Greatest Hits album.. You should pay more attention
They also re-recorded Dirty Magic....

code_blue
03-22-2006, 08:43 PM
it would be awesome if jerry finn produced. i just don't want brendan o'brien again -- the two albums he produced tanked commercially. how could he have let the offspring consider splinter finished when it only really had like 8 real songs on it?!

OneFineDay
03-23-2006, 05:58 AM
i like brendans work. he did a bad job on co1, but the sound of splinter is great :D

and i don´t like dave jerden, ´cause the sound of americana isn´t very good. all the songs sound kind of powerless.

HeadAroundU
03-23-2006, 06:05 AM
it would be awesome if jerry finn produced. i just don't want brendan o'brien again -- the two albums he produced tanked commercially. how could he have let the offspring consider splinter finished when it only really had like 8 real songs on it?!
8??? at least 10 + (Neocon,When you're in prison)
What does it mean a real song?

Llamas
03-23-2006, 12:15 PM
jerden was great: americana and ixnay? mos def. finn didn't do much and o'brien sucked.

BIG Nicky
03-23-2006, 02:41 PM
please let there be a great producer for tihs new album!!! :)

Mucho Macho
03-23-2006, 03:20 PM
It's not old news. About a year ago Noodles mentioned they had made five or six new songs, one of them was Can't Repeat (so only one of them, the others were made after Dexters trip around the world in his plane, just check his journal for that!). That means there are still at least four new songs that are not on the Greatest Hits album, so don't shit on me I don't pay attention to it. I mean, I almost dream of it man... No mistakes there! :cool:

Little_Miss_1565
03-23-2006, 03:24 PM
It's not old news. About a year ago Noodles mentione....the others were made after Dexters trip around the world in his plane, just check his journal for that!).

LOL, you conceded that it's old news while trying to defend that it's not old news. ;)

Mucho Macho
03-24-2006, 09:00 AM
I mean by "not old" that those songs weren't ment to be on the greatest hits album, but for the upcoming album (so an album that's still to come, future, not old, get it?)... But perhaps I did use the wrong words for explaining it, that's true... But fuck you guys anyway... :D

Grtzzz

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-24-2006, 07:08 PM
No. It is old news. Just because Dexter said they might have a new producer [key word there, might] doesnt mean its new news. They announced this long ago.

Zee
03-26-2006, 03:13 AM
I hope they would get a new producer that hasn't been working with them before, a change could be refreshing. At least not O'brien anymore.

notoriousdoc
03-26-2006, 03:22 AM
Who produced Ignition? That sounded really great.

Llamas
03-26-2006, 04:04 AM
thom wilson, he won't come back, he's from epitaph.