PDA

View Full Version : Can you read this?

darko
03-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Olny srmat poelpe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Pretty smart eh?

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Still makes you look like a retee if you post like that.

wheelchairman
03-24-2006, 03:35 PM
If memory serves, this is the 3rd time in the history of this bbs that this has been posted.

And it's not for smart people, it's for anyone who's literate. So that's everybody but the Brits.

That_Guy91
03-24-2006, 03:35 PM
I already have to deal with that thing on MySpace, don't bring it here!

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-24-2006, 03:36 PM
And it's not for smart people, it's for anyone who's literate. So that's everybody but the Brits.

I can read it. *h8*

the_GoDdEsS
If memory serves, this is the 3rd time in the history of this bbs that this has been posted.

Second time I see it for sure.

And, seconded.

darko
ok, close or delete the thread

Anya82
03-24-2006, 03:37 PM
i got that by mail in spanish. I could read it faster in my language than that one in english you posted. My english is not the best, but it's pretty decent... Seems like foreign languages make it slower to read for each person.

BIG Nicky
03-24-2006, 04:09 PM
its like pig latin.

Eacepay Outay!

mrconeman
03-24-2006, 04:14 PM
That whole, we only process the outter letters of a word thing.
Old.

BIG Nicky
03-24-2006, 04:15 PM
That whole, we only process the outter letters of a word thing.
Old.
Iay Agreeay :D

Tijs
03-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Olny srmat poelpe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Pretty smart eh?

I couldn't believe that I could actually understand what I was reading. The phenomenal power of the humand mind, accordnig to a research at Cambridge University , it doesn't matter in what order the letters in a word are, the only important hing is that the first and last letter be in the right place. The rest can be total mess and you can still read it without a problem. This is because the humand mind does not read every letter by itself, but the word as whole. Amazing huh? Yeah and I always thought spelling was important!

Kndia fnnuy, I kenw it was giong to be auobt tihs borefe I raed it.

All About Eve
03-24-2006, 05:32 PM
I can't read it. Atleast not straight through perfectly, certain words messed me up beyond belief. "actually" "thought" I had to reread like 4 or 5 times. I read every letter individually; fuck you, Cambridge.

JoY
03-24-2006, 05:38 PM
if you read it fast, like screen it, it's a piece of cake. you don't actually look at the words, you just read them like you would read normally. when reading a book, you don't gaze at every word one by one, you just know what it says & move on.

All About Eve
03-24-2006, 05:43 PM
if you read it fast, like screen it, it's a piece of cake. you don't actually look at the words, you just read them like you would read normally. when reading a book, you don't gaze at every word one by one, you just know what it says & move on.

Actually, I look at every letter whether I'm reading,writing, or even typing. Just habit, I don't even think about it. I know if I've made a mistake while tying because my eyes won't follow the rest of the word.

JoY
03-24-2006, 05:49 PM
reading the first words, you know you have to screen & not see every letter seperately. I mean, that's how it works for me. having read the first 'word', I went through the post screening.

ninthlayer
03-24-2006, 08:16 PM
oogd gaem fggaot

Preocupado
03-24-2006, 11:05 PM
its like pig latin.

Eacepay Outay!

God knows what you tried to write there, imbecile. "Pig latin" surely is too advanced for you.

EDIT: THis only works with words that are already in the memory, right?

JoY
03-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Pre -I'd say so. or else it'd be impossible, I imagine.

& indeed, I agree. (first line of your post)

belen1979
03-25-2006, 09:08 AM
I could read it faster in my language than that one in english you posted

The same here. When I read that in spanish I didn't realized that the words were messed until I got the end, then I got like WTF?.

But this time I had some problems with it.

I agree with Preocupado, it's like when you are reading something interesting, and you are going really fast, and then suddenly you get to a word you had never seen before and you get lost in the complete sentence and you have to read it again. This must me the same, you associate the letters with some word and the context.

Duskygrin
03-25-2006, 09:42 AM
Belen sent me the spanish mail & if I recall right we had a discussion on reading learning methods. I don't get lost when there's a word I can't comprehend coz I was raised on the syllabic method apparently...

All About Eve
03-25-2006, 10:11 AM
I feel so...insignificant for not being able to read that. My 11 year old sister could read it faster than I could.

belen1979
03-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Maybe it's because you read in a different form. Some people just sees the word and it's enough to get it and so they read faster than other ones that have to go much more slow. Just practice. I'm doing that. I read lots more slowly a year ago, but I started trying not to read like if I was loud reading (is this well expressed? I mean, as if you were reading-speaking for an audience...) It works. I read much more fast now, even though much people reads faster than I do... Try...

Italia311
03-25-2006, 10:54 AM
haahah retee...

Thats pretty cool...

All About Eve
03-25-2006, 11:54 AM
Maybe it's because you read in a different form. Some people just sees the word and it's enough to get it and so they read faster than other ones that have to go much more slow. Just practice. I'm doing that. I read lots more slowly a year ago, but I started trying not to read like if I was loud reading (is this well expressed? I mean, as if you were reading-speaking for an audience...) It works. I read much more fast now, even though much people reads faster than I do... Try...

I still read faster than almost everyone I know while looking at every letter. It's not like I take a lot of time, I look over the words just as fast, I just register each letter as a seperate entity almost.

belen1979
03-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Wow, I wasn't able to do that! Then it must be more or less the same that I do... Lucky you, I have to practice to go faster... :[