PDA

View Full Version : Worst Albums Ever

Lupin
03-25-2006, 06:45 AM
They always have 'best album lists'. What this list is all about is, what albums have you bought that made you think...this band suck?

Mine where:
Papa Roach - LoveHateTragedy
Mettalica - St Anger
Korn - Untouchables
...everyone of these albums led me to hate that perticular band in some way...
________
Medical marijuana dispensaries (http://dispensaries.org/)

That_Guy91
03-25-2006, 06:48 AM
Blink 182- Enema of the State
Green Day- American Idiot
Anything by Fall Out Boy or Taking Back Sunday.

The first two are just horrible albums by bands I previously liked.

Andy
03-25-2006, 06:52 AM
The worst CD I ever heard was Andrew WK's 'I Get Wet'. To this day I'm still unsure why the hell I bought it. It was just....Awful.

offspring fan
03-25-2006, 07:10 AM
green day - american idiot
the darknes - one way ticet to hell and back
limp bizkit - chocolate starfish and the hotdog flavored water

notoriousdoc
03-25-2006, 07:38 AM
Aiden's CD, whatever it's called *shivers*

OddOneOut_Bassist
03-25-2006, 07:39 AM
well... not a big record buyer... but the worst album i ever heard has to be the macarena dude... i forget his name but that one and these

- Escape - Enrique Iglaseas (i spelled it wrong but who cares)
- The Diary of Alicia Keys (not a fan)

wheelchairman
03-25-2006, 07:42 AM
Smash by the Offspring.

OddOneOut_Bassist
03-25-2006, 07:44 AM
Smash by the Offspring.
i hope ur not serious lol

wheelchairman
03-25-2006, 07:54 AM
i hope ur not serious lol
I am. And ironically, I am also the moderator of this forum. lol

Jakebert
03-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Conspiracy of One
Rancid- Indestructable
Incubus- ...a Crow Left of the Murder
Blink 182- Take Off Your Pants and Jacket

Revolver-2005?
03-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Smash by the Offspring.

I actually agree with this...Smash is my least favorite album. It was way over rated, it is good but not the best.

My least favorite albums have to be:

The Living End-State Of Emergency
Anything by Greenday
Anything by Lincoln Park

el_monkey
03-25-2006, 08:59 AM
eiffel 65 - europe

I must have been deaf, dumb and blind

China Boy
03-25-2006, 10:11 AM
System of a Down- Hypnotize- Everyone seems to love it, but it doesn't really appeal to me.

Blink 182- Selftitled- Dude Ranch was good. This, howver, is not.

Simple Plan- Whatever album(s) they have done

Anything by Lincoln Park
^
*points at Revolver-2005? and laughs*

jacknife737
03-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Rancid- Indestructable

I disagree.

Bouncing Souls-Anchors Aweigh

offspringrammsteinfan
03-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Ok I bought this albums for cheap and got rid of it easily (when I foudn out it was trash)

Meladroit - Weezer
Warning - Green Day
Fixed - Nine inch nails

there gotta be a lot more but I can't remember

Revolver-2005?
03-25-2006, 11:45 AM
^
*points at Revolver-2005? and laughs*

....because I don't like a highly over-rated shitty band who's performed with 'greats' such as Jay-Z? The logic compels me.

Jakebert
03-25-2006, 01:35 PM
No, because it's spelled Linkin Park, not Lincoln. But, I agree with you on their sucking. They happen to be one of my least favorite bands.

I disagree.

That's nice.

Revolver-2005?
03-25-2006, 02:47 PM
No, because it's spelled Linkin Park, not Lincoln. But, I agree with you on their sucking. They happen to be one of my least favorite bands.

Oh I see, sorry about that.

Drummerguy123
03-25-2006, 02:51 PM
I got NIN's "Closer to God" album a while back. Actually, I don't even know if it is an actual album, but it sucked.

deep-inside-ur-soul
03-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Guess my least fav albums are:
H.I.M albums
Billy Talents albums
Blink 182 albums

That_Guy91
03-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Guess my least fav albums are:
H.I.M albums
Billy Talents albums
Blink 182 albums
HIM sucks, I don't know about Billy Talent, but I just have to mention that Blink weren't always horrible. Just anything after Dude Ranch.

Jakebert
03-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Dude Ranch could have been ok, but the vocals made it unlistenable, or at least they did to me.

pretty fly 88
03-25-2006, 10:04 PM
My least favorite albums:
Blink 182-Dude Ranch(I just hate this band)
Good Charlotte-Young And The Hopeless(ath the time I thought some of the songs were good, but know I just think they suck)
Carbon Leaf-Echo Echo(my sister loves this band. I don't know why)
311-From Chaos(see above)
Coldplay-A Rush Of Blood To The Head(the only really good song is "Daylight." Clocks has got to be one of the most overrated songs of all time, and the rest of the album, yawn!)
Offspring-Splinter(This was the album that made me decide that I have to hear at least 2 songs from an album to see if it is worth buying)
Interpol-Antics(The only good song is "Evil")

Yatesy
03-26-2006, 03:55 AM
I got NIN's "Closer to God" album a while back. Actually, I don't even know if it is an actual album, but it sucked.

It's actually the single for Closer, dunno why trent called it that though. =\ Anyway, I have to say Artic Monkeys album was terrible. On the whole album there is one good track and the rest is just typical mediocre Indie rubbish, in fact the majority of these Indie new-wave albums seem to be rubbish. They seem to put a lot of work into the singles and make some fairly good songs, then they just don't bother with the rest of the album and just record any old rubbish they make. =\

ninthlayer
03-26-2006, 05:25 AM
Anything by Nirvana.

End of thread.

Drummerguy123
03-26-2006, 08:28 AM
Anything by Nirvana.

End of thread.
You just shot up about 1000 cool points in my book.

II NOODLES II
03-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Stuff by Nirvana ( i totally hate this band)
G 'n' R - The Spaghetti Incident and Chinese Democracy
Offspring - Splinter
Anything by TBS or FFAF and stuff like that.

Ninty Man
03-26-2006, 02:39 PM
MMM

Anything from Rebelde (RBD)

All albumbs of Blink 182

Anything that the ho I liked likes

yay
03-26-2006, 09:28 PM
My worst albums that I have are:
*Offspring - Splinter (The biggest dissapointment ever)
*Good Charlotte - Young and the hopeless
*Daniel Bedingfield - Gotta Get Thru This
*Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish
*Beavis and Butthead
*Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head (X & Y is quite good)
*Blink 182 - Self Titled (What on Earth were they thinking??)

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
03-26-2006, 10:17 PM
The Offspring - Splinter

Drummerguy123
03-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Man, I don't see why everybody hates Splinter so much. I love that album! I don't know if it's because it was the album that introduced me to The offspring or what, but the more i listen to it, the more I love it! Yeah, it wasn't their best album, but I think it was way better than Co1. Even if you do consider it The offspring's worst album, I don't think it would be the worst album EVER.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
03-26-2006, 11:35 PM
It's the worst album in my cd collection. Not saying it's really all that bad, just the worst in my collection.

II NOODLES II
03-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Man, I don't see why everybody hates Splinter so much. I love that album! I don't know if it's because it was the album that introduced me to The offspring or what, but the more i listen to it, the more I love it! Yeah, it wasn't their best album, but I think it was way better than Co1. Even if you do consider it The offspring's worst album, I don't think it would be the worst album EVER.

I agree with your point. Its not the worst album, but its the worst record I think the offspring put out. But i still hate it and they couldve done better with it.

0r4ng3
03-27-2006, 04:11 PM
blink-182's Enema of the State. What a horrible follow-up to Dude Ranch, their best album. EOTS only has one good song, too.

Andy
03-27-2006, 04:53 PM
EOTS only has one good song, too.
Which is??

That_Guy91
03-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Which is??
Adam's song, if i'm thinking of the right album.

Jakebert
03-27-2006, 05:46 PM

Yeah, I can't stand most of Splinter, but I wouldn't put it in the ranks of worst albums ever, because it still has some decent songs on it.

Also, another album that should be added to the list is Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music". If you haven't heard of that album, it's an album of pure feedback.

Andy
03-27-2006, 05:52 PM
I've just listened to Splinter. It really isn't half as bad as people make out. However, after being spoilt by the relative brilliance of the last three CDs I can see why people were frustrated.

Jakebert
03-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Oh, I think that Splinter is actually a lot better than CO1. My main problem with Splinter is that it has a lot of potential in itself with some songs that could have been a lot more interesting than they were. They were okay, but they could have been so much better.

JohnnyNemesis
03-27-2006, 06:24 PM
....because I don't like a highly over-rated shitty band who's performed with 'greats' such as Jay-Z?

Fuck your little quotation marks; but Jay-Z is one of the greatest artists of any genre of ALL time. The fact that he worked with Linkin Park is more embarassing for him than anyone else.

Worst albums I've bought, mostly from artists I really like or liked:

Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape (Everything aside from Hey, Johnny Park! and Everlong was a disastrous disappointment)

Fat Joe - Loyalty (What the fuck happened?!)

The Offspring - Americana (Half legendary in a good way, half legendary in a bad way)

Bad Religion - The New America (and everything since...my God, what trash)

Pennywise - From The Ashes (Shockingly boring)

Eminem - Greatest Hits (I didn't even bother buying, but this album pisses me off because his so called 'hits' are his worst songs, while his other tracks are usually amazing)

rocketman
03-27-2006, 06:36 PM

I agree with you on the album itself, but I think Bad Religion has improved since that album with their past two CD's. I don't they'll ever be as good as they were pre-Generator, but they have been improving nonetheless.

Jakebert
03-27-2006, 07:14 PM

What? The Process of Belief and The Empire Strikes First were pretty good.

JohnnyNemesis
03-27-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm not getting into it, not because I don't respect your opinions (I do), but because I've had this argument a bajillion times.

That_Guy91
03-27-2006, 07:17 PM
I think that as a whole, those albums were pretty good, but they didn't have any standout songs like the older ones did.

Jakebert
03-27-2006, 07:20 PM
I understand.

0r4ng3
03-27-2006, 07:41 PM
That_Guy: Adam's Song is right. Anthem is slightly better than crap, though.

guitarboy
03-27-2006, 08:11 PM
three dollar bill-limp bizkit
anything britney spears
anything rap

jacknife737
03-27-2006, 08:32 PM
three dollar bill-limp bizkit
anything britney spears
anything rap

Even Public Enemy/ Beastie Boys?

guitarboy
03-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Anything Rap! That Goes From The Creation Or Evolution (which Ever You Believe In) Till The Armegeddon

JohnnyNemesis
03-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Anything Rap! That Goes From The Creation Or Evolution (which Ever You Believe In) Till The Armegeddon

We all wish you were dead.

That_Guy91
03-28-2006, 04:33 AM
guitarboy, I would have agreed with you when I was 11.

Yatesy
03-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape (Everything aside from Hey, Johnny Park! and Everlong was a disastrous disappointment)

Funny, I personally though One by One was the worst album they did, still like it and all but it ain't nothing on the self titled album.

JohnnyNemesis
03-28-2006, 01:06 PM
The self-titled album was masterpiece that they'll probably never match.

That_Guy91
03-28-2006, 02:11 PM
The self-titled album was masterpiece that they'll probably never match.
Was that the one Dave Grohl did by himself?

Andy
03-28-2006, 02:14 PM
Was that the one Dave Grohl did by himself?
It certainly was.

guitarboy
03-28-2006, 07:33 PM
We all wish you were dead.

i'm glad to see that you are using brain power to think about me at all but with all due respect up yours just cause i don't like all that rap sh** doesn't mean that i need to die personally i think that your main prob w/ me is that your are a pretty fly white guy type tell me did you try out for the part or were you just too sincere to say you were acting?

0r4ng3
03-28-2006, 07:36 PM
Do you honestly think that every single rap album is the same, and each one is the worst ever? Certainly, there are modern day pop-punk albums that are worse, and rap albums that are better than most stuff out there. Granted, the majority has never heard them, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

WebDudette
03-28-2006, 07:43 PM
That's funny because he's not white.

Aside from that I'am pretty sure he hates you because your a close minded, ignorant piece of shit.

Not because you don't like rap.

guitarboy
03-28-2006, 07:46 PM
ok i'll bite all of the rap that i have heard is nothing but pure sex drugs and no rock&roll yes all the rap i have heard has been crap there may very well be some good rappers out there but 50 cent 2pac and all of the other famous ones suck mabey one exception is nelly because i think that some of his songs have a point other than to get high and laid but everything else i have heard is crap i don't even like eminem (not sure on spelling) if that clears up my opinion i just don't like rap i'm not saying that likeing rap is wrong just when you act like something your not ( white gangstas) that is where most of my problems lie w/ rap

i like rock i listin to rock exclusievly but i don't pretend to be something i'm not i play guitar and i play rock music on it so there for i'm not pretending to be something i'm not that is my whole prob w/ rap people pretending to be something they're not

WebDudette
03-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Were are you from, and do you listen to System of a Down, The Clash, The Sex Pistols or Rammstein?

Wait so I can't listen to rap because I'am white. Only black 'Gangstas' can listen to rap?

Also I take it you've never listened to Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers or Linkin Park? Because I would call alot of there stuff rapish.

guitarboy
03-28-2006, 08:01 PM
you can do what ever the f you want because its a free country the same thing that lets me have my anti rap opinion and if you don't like it you can move to mother russia i live in the mid west and the only one of the bands you said that i listen to is system of a down and mostely their toxicity album other than that i listen to nirvana and offspring

0r4ng3
03-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Ah, the classic "freedom of speech" defense. I have nothing against it, it's just that you're using it as a last resort.

I'm not gonna argue that you should like rap, just realize that not all rap is what you see on TV.

Oh, and also, there are lots of users on this forum that aren't from America. In fact, we have some people from "mother russia".

WebDudette
03-28-2006, 08:04 PM
F*** u u poser ur not armenian u can't like system of a down cause there aremenian and ur not.

Sinister
03-28-2006, 08:06 PM
F*** u u poser ur not armenian u can't like system of a down cause there aremenian and ur not.
well said.

and thanks for the info, I didn't know where they were from exactly.

Lithuanian Offspring
03-28-2006, 08:08 PM
To "PiLZ-E"
Refrain from ever writing anything like that ever. First, you sound like a total retard. Second, you are a retard, obviously.

WebDudette
03-28-2006, 08:10 PM
I hope you aren't referring to me.

Sinister
03-28-2006, 08:11 PM
To "PiLZ-E"
Refrain from ever writing anything like that ever. First, you sound like a total retard. Second, you are a retard, obviously.

it was parody.

Lithuanian Offspring
03-28-2006, 08:12 PM
My bad! It's too early for me. Sorry, PilZ-E. I saw your other posts after I posted that and immediately regretted posting that.

guitarboy
03-28-2006, 08:14 PM
has no one seen the simpsons that is a quote from homer now then the question of system of a down i didn't say that country of origin is the problem i don't care if the rappers are from across the street or across the globe once again its a question of being what you aren't i like system of a down i am not a poser though because i actually can play their stuff on guitar i am a rocker i have problem with people who like rap just because its "cool"

WebDudette
03-28-2006, 08:14 PM
i listen to is system of a down and mostely their toxicity album other than that i listen to nirvana and offspring

Holy fuck, you have no room to ever, ever say anything about anyone being a poser. Now go get shot.

Also are you calling me a poser because I don't play the guitar?

Sinister
03-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Now go get shot.
I strongly approve the idea. guitarboy, your existence in itself is a torture for the human race.

JohnnyNemesis
03-28-2006, 08:19 PM
guitarboy, for the love of GOD, USE SOME FUCKING PUNCTUATION.

Also, seriously, you are one of the dumbest motherfuckers on the goddamn planet.

ok i'll bite all of the rap that i have heard is nothing but pure sex drugs and no rock&roll yes all the rap i have heard has been crap there may very well be some good rappers out there but 50 cent 2pac and all of the other famous ones suck mabey one exception is nelly because i think that some of his songs have a point other than to get high and laid but everything else i have heard is crap i don't even like eminem (not sure on spelling) if that clears up my opinion i just don't like rap i'm not saying that likeing rap is wrong just when you act like something your not ( white gangstas) that is where most of my problems lie w/ rap

LEARN TO FUCKING SPELL TOO.

Also, it's hilarious that you mention Nelly, because he is one of the few rappers out there whose songs have NO FUCKING POINT WHATSOEVER.

And...god, I don't even know where to begin next, but every fucking word you say is completely full of shit and untrue.

We all sincerely wish you were dead, cumguzzling piece of shit.

Lithuanian Offspring
03-28-2006, 08:20 PM
has no one seen the simpsons that is a quote from homer now then the question of system of a down i didn't say that country of origin is the problem i don't care if the rappers are from across the street or across the globe once again its a question of being what you aren't i like system of a down i am not a poser though because i actually can play their stuff on guitar i am a rocker i have problem with people who like rap just because its "cool"
I refer the post where I wrongly made fun of PilZ-E to you. I find it hard to believe that you are anything but a poser. Your authority is Homer Simpson?

guitarboy
03-28-2006, 08:24 PM
i give up look i'm not saying that you are a poser because you don't play guitar i'm not saying that ethnicicty makes you a poser the stories i've heard from most of the rappers i've read about include dire hardships i don't know your history if you have live the hardships then you ain't a poser if your just doing it to be cool then your a poser i've had the hardships more than anybody should ever have and there are people who are worse off than me they shouldn't have to go through it and niether should any body else that is the diffrence between posers and non posers

WebDudette
03-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Also, it's hilarious that you mention Nelly, because he is one of the few rappers out there whose songs have NO FUCKING POINT WHATSOEVER.

And...god, I don't even know where to begin next, but every fucking word you say is completely full of shit and untrue.

We all sincerely wish you were dead, cumguzzling piece of shit.

Completely agree, I was going to mention the Nelly thing but forgot about it when I noticed all he listens to is System of a Down, Nirvana and Offspring and has the nerve to call people posers.

Lithuanian Offspring
03-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Nobody should have to read a post without punctuation but we do it anyway. That's life.

Lithuanian Offspring
03-28-2006, 08:32 PM
That almost did it for me. But you are missing words. Words and puntuation have to work together to make a normal sentence possible, little fella.

Sinister
03-28-2006, 08:33 PM
That almost did it for me. But you are missing words. Words and puntuation have to work together to make a normal sentence possible, little fella.

I'd like to add that good spelling, making sense, and having an IQ above that of a rock are also required.

Sinister
03-28-2006, 08:34 PM
I'd like to add that good spelling, making sense, and having an IQ above that of a rock are also required.

you're still a few things short of being worth anything at all here.

WebDudette
03-28-2006, 08:35 PM
this is the end of my posts

Now Fucking leave we hate you.

JohnnyNemesis
03-28-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm gonna delete some of the back and forth bullshit so that we can get this thread back on topic. Apologies to Lupin for derailing the thread!

EDIT: Actually, I'm leaving everything but the spam because I don't wanna censor people otherwise. I'll just urge us all to get back on topic!

yay
03-29-2006, 12:40 AM
blink-182's Enema of the State. What a horrible follow-up to Dude Ranch, their best album. EOTS only has one good song, too.Whats my age again, Adams Song, Party Song and Anthem are fucking awesome songs.

That_Guy91
03-29-2006, 04:11 AM
I don't remember the others, but What's My Age Again is one of the worst songs i've ever heard.

el_monkey
03-29-2006, 07:33 AM
cmon don't discuss about this. "quality" of music is and will always be depending on the individual listener

Cejus
03-29-2006, 10:45 AM
^ Couldn't agree more. It's all about each person's tastes.

Anyway, back on topic, the worst albums I have ever bought are:

- Linkin Park - Reanimation
- Motörhead - The Best

I don't even like Motörhead, don't know what I was thinking when I got this album...

Jakebert
03-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Whats my age again, Adams Song, Party Song and Anthem are fucking awesome songs.

Adam's Song is the only good song out of all of those. Party Song, especially, is one of the dumbest songs ever written.

one_fine_day
03-29-2006, 03:37 PM
They always have 'best album lists'. What this list is all about is, what albums have you bought that made you think...this band suck?

Mine where:
Papa Roach - LoveHateTragedy
Mettalica - St Anger
Korn - Untouchables
...everyone of these albums led me to hate that perticular band in some way...

uhh its actually one T and two L's.. if you want to talk to the metallica freak i'm the one. but i agree, basically all the metallica albums after the black album are crap. I blame Bob Rock.

JohnnyNemesis
03-29-2006, 05:38 PM
I used to really hate Enema of the State, but a recent listen proved some cuts on the album to be pretty damn fun! Going Away to College and Don't Leave Me are catchy as hell, and Anthem has always been one of my favorite songs.

BIG Nicky
03-29-2006, 06:56 PM
i just don't like foo fighters one by one... ya songs like low and all my life are rock out hard, but the rest of the album seems to be one continuous song .............zz.....zzzzz......

Andy
03-29-2006, 06:59 PM
I like One By One for one reason: It reminds me of getting ready to see them at the NEC in November 2003/4. I spent the afternoon in the dark drinking heartily and listening to One By One at an ear-bleedingly loud volume. I think I'll probably always get goosebumps when I hear the opening riff to All My Life.

How sad.

pretty fly 88
03-31-2006, 03:16 PM
:

The Offspring - Americana (Half legendary in a good way, half legendary in a bad way)

I also was disappointed by The Colour And The Shape when I first listened to it, but after several listens it really grew on me, and now I consider it a masterpiece. As for Americana, I think it's the best Offspring CD I own(granted, the only other ones I own are Splinter and Smash). Even if you disagree, I at least hope you consider The Kids Aren't Alright part of the "half legendary in a good way" you mentioned.

pyromaniac
03-31-2006, 07:11 PM
make believe-weezer

so far,so good...so what!-megadeth

...a crow left of the murder-incubus(which is now a cup coaster)

american idiot-green day

saturate-breaking benjamen(although "we're not alone" is good.)

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2006, 07:15 PM
I at least hope you consider The Kids Aren't Alright part of the "half legendary in a good way" you mentioned.

That song is actually one of the major reasons that album annoys me so much.

Jakebert
03-31-2006, 07:25 PM
...a crow left of the murder-incubus(which is now a cup coaster)

Someone else here finally agrees with me that Incubus sucks? Whoa.

pyromaniac
03-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Someone else here finally agrees with me that Incubus sucks? Whoa.
I AGREE TO THE FULLEST CAPACITY.
no, seriously...anyone who likes Incubus has a complex paradox of horrible musical taste.

0r4ng3
03-31-2006, 07:45 PM
That song is actually one of the major reasons that album annoys me so much.
It's that good, isn't it?

ANDiTKO
09-07-2006, 10:31 AM

:eek: Are You Crazy!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?
Smash is the Best Album!!!!
What kind of music are you listing to?!?!!?!? :confused:

I think the whorst offspring albums are the last two (Concpiransy and Splinter)

XYlophonetreeZ
09-07-2006, 10:54 AM
I never posted in here?? Hmmmm...

Blink-182- Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
The Offspring- Splinter
Queens of the Stone Age- Songs for the Deaf
The Wallflowers- Bringing Down the Horse
Alice in Chains- Self-Titled (quite possibly the most disappointing album of all time)
U2- All That You Can't Leave Behind (I never actually bought this album, but I heard the whole thing on a roadtrip. Everything but the singles sucked horribly. And most of the singles aren't even that great.)

JohnnyNemesis
09-07-2006, 10:58 AM
The Offspring- Splinter

Pfft, you're just trying to be 1337. Splinter was a pretty good album.

Queens of the Stone Age- Songs for the Deaf

I think I agree. Everything that wasn't "Go With the Flow", "No One Knows", or "First It Giveth" was bland and boring.

The Wallflowers- Bringing Down the Horse

Agreed.

U2- All That You Can't Leave Behind

I agree. "Elevation" and "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of" were good. Everything else was horrendous.

Corpse
09-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Metallica St Anger.

I like St Anger and Frantic, other than that, the album was a waste of time. All I can say is that god Bob Rock won't be producing. (He was the main reason for the lack of guitar solos, with some help from Lars)

Tigger Army
09-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Conspiracy of One

+1 Thankfully I didn't make the mistake of buying Splinter. I learned from the past!

I'm not sure buying the Vandals' internet dating super studs was a great choice but it had some good songs on it.

Anditiko I can quite understand someone doesn't like Smash, the vocals are rather pathetic. I agree with you on which albums you think were the worst though.

besides that I can't think of an album I bought that sucked that bad really. But I pre-listened almost every single of the over 200 albums I own....

Nineteen Seventy Nine
09-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Paper Tigers- Caesars
I enjoyed Caesars' first album, so I picked up this one. Besides a track or two, this was incredibly disapointing. They also rerecorded a song from the previous album, "Jerk It Out", which wasn't as good as the original.

Catalyst- New Found Glory
Uhh... I don't even know why I actually paid for this one in the first place. This really doesn't even need an explanation. The only song that I could actually listen to sounds very dull now.

Make Believe- Weezer
I didn't pay for this one myself, but my sister did, and being a fan of Weezer, I uploaded it on my computer. There is nothing special about this CD at all. The only song I might listen to on purpose is "We Are All On Drugs". That's not even too great of a song either.

--
About Songs For The Deaf, I still consider it better than Lullabies To Paralyze.

FrancoDaHui
09-07-2006, 07:09 PM
smash mouth -astro lounge (or some shit like that)

i dont even know why i have this, but it's awful

Thomas
09-07-2006, 07:31 PM
smash mouth -astro lounge (or some shit like that)

i dont even know why i have this, but it's awful

haha, That was the first album i ever owned and I still like it.

THeir album "Get The Picture" was quite terrible, though.

Llamas
09-07-2006, 07:46 PM
I own around 400 some albums, and have 18,000 + songs on my computer. These are the worst of my purchased albums:

Incubus- a crow left of the murder. I like incubus... I enjoyed the SCIENCE album, and make yourself was good. morning view was lame, and aclotm BLEW CHUNKS. I regret buying it.

Jay Z- reasonable doubt. I like Jay Z a lot, and his last few albums have been lyrically very, very good. I bought this one to complete my collection, and the lyrics are awful, with boring repetitive music.

Korn- follow the leader. I don't even know why I ever bought this album.

LFO. my sister gave me it. awful.

Poison- Native tongue. their only good songs were singles.

Powerman 5000- Mega!! Kung Fu Radio. I love their last two albums... this one is soooo bad, though. spider doesn't even sing... he just, like, talks in a really annoying way.

Santana- Supernatural. enough said.

Smash Mouth. their older albums were good... this one and the one after it were awful.

Taking Back Sunday- Louder Now. I liked their first album a lot, and the second was good. this one is sooooo boring and generic. and annoying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I like smashmouth- astrolounge. it's a good album.

I also like wallflowers. all of their albums, though bringing down the horse was the worst of them.

Blink 182 had nothing but shit after cheshire cat.

U2 has always sucked.

I also liked weezer's make believe quite a bit.

0r4ng3
09-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Blink 182 had nothing but shit after cheshire cat.
In my opinion, Dude Ranch was much better. Everything else after that wasn't so great.

Rag Doll
09-07-2006, 08:12 PM
agree with Jesse on blink182.

ninthlayer
09-07-2006, 08:25 PM
U2 used to be pretty fucking sweet.
Fixed (and you're welcome).

Llamas
09-07-2006, 09:08 PM
In my opinion, Dude Ranch was much better. Everything else after that wasn't so great.

dude ranch was better than cheshire cat, but after cheshire they became not worth listening to.

and ninth, u2 was always boring as hell and made me want to fall asleep.

XYlophonetreeZ
09-07-2006, 09:23 PM
dude ranch was better than cheshire cat, but after cheshire they became not worth listening to.
That doesn't make any sense. Unless you're gonna rant on about punx credit.

Llamas
09-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Shit... I always thought cheshire came out after buddha. my mistake. anything after buddha then, in fact, was crap.

0r4ng3
09-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Cheshire Cat did come out after Buddha.

Hold on, let me simplify this chronologically.

Buddha -> Cheshire Cat -> Dude Ranch

Llamas
09-07-2006, 09:29 PM
AROEHINSDFIOIOSEMRKISJFSDF dug myself in a hole here. I fail at life. I've always screwed up buddha and dude ranch... Okay. Buddha, Dude Ranch, and Cheshire Cat were good albums. Anything Blink 182 released that weren't those sucked. *whew*.

Retard
09-07-2006, 09:36 PM
The new Lostprophets cd: some songs are ok, but for the most part, it all just blends into one song.

Smash Mouth: S/T yeah this was bad.

theres prolly more I'll get back to you.

oh and I've never understood why so many people hate Rancid's Industructable. Is it because they were hanging out with Kelly Osbourne and the two dooshbags from Good Charolett? or was it the supposed major lable, or is it because a couple songs are about Tim and Brody?

whatever you're opinions are valid, i just wanna know why.

sorry.

Tigger Army
09-08-2006, 12:10 PM
oh and I've never understood why so many people hate Rancid's Industructable. Is it because they were hanging out with Kelly Osbourne and the two dooshbags from Good Charolett? or was it the supposed major lable, or is it because a couple songs are about Tim and Brody?

Well I don't know about that specific album but what I HATE about Rancid are the (in my opinion) HORRIBLE vocals.

Acoustic1804
09-08-2006, 04:06 PM
A Fever You Can't Sweat Out - Panic! At The Disco

Even though I personally own the album, it only has 2 or 3 "good" songs on it, and it is a chor to sit through.

jacknife737
09-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Well I don't know about that specific album but what I HATE about Rancid are the (in my opinion) HORRIBLE vocals.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OFFSPR1NGDUDE3
01-23-2007, 07:10 PM
The worst albums I ever bought were

Limpbizkit - Results May Vary
Metallica - St. Anger
Green Day - American Idiot

I regret to this day buying those pieces of crap.

OFFSPR1NGDUDE3
01-23-2007, 07:14 PM
I AGREE TO THE FULLEST CAPACITY.
no, seriously...anyone who likes Incubus has a complex paradox of horrible musical taste.

Thanks so much for that man
I fuckin love Incubus, first concert I ever went to

And I happen to think that A Crow Left Of the Murder was their best album, I don't get why everyone hates it so much

Thomas
01-23-2007, 07:22 PM
American Idiot was pretty bad, but it was, musically, Green Day's best work. This comes from someone who isn't a fan, btw.

As for the worst album I have ever owned? I don't know. I don't really buy albums unless I know it won't be terribly bad.

bd007h
01-23-2007, 07:45 PM

I don't see why most Foo fans consider it their best. I like the album, but it is by far my least favorite of theirs. Worst album I ever bought is New Found Glory's s/t. There's only one song of theirs that I really like.

Jakebert
01-24-2007, 05:05 AM
Saves the Day- Sound the Alarm. I know this isn't trupunx, but I love the two albums they released before this one, Stay What You Are and In Reverie. Both are very well written, and a lot better than the typical emo that's been flooding Fuse, and each one shows great musicianship and artistic evolution. But Sound the Alarm ignores all of that and goes straight for generic Fuse-core emo. There's no imaginative mix of psychadelic and pop-punk or pretty pop songs. It's just strict, by-the-numbers crap, and makes me lose a lot of the respect I have for them.

bouncingcoles
01-24-2007, 06:51 AM
I disagree.

Bouncing Souls-Anchors Aweigh

i think Anchors aweigh is the bouncing souls best album.

bouncingcoles
01-24-2007, 06:52 AM
december underground is a pretty poor album in my opinion.

bouncingcoles
01-24-2007, 06:59 AM
chesire cat by blink182 is the worst album i have ever bought

Grabbal
01-24-2007, 07:33 AM
chesire cat by blink182 is the worst album i have ever bought

I can't understand how that one was even allowed to be sold..

0r4ng3
01-24-2007, 09:05 AM
Decemberunderground isn't that bad. Unless you were expecting Black Sails in the Sunset-esque AFI.
---
Anchors Aweigh is pretty good. I haven't listened to all of it yet, but I like what I've heard so far.
---
Is Cheshire Cat the only blink-182 album you bought? Unless you don't own any of their other albums, that's the only way it can be the worst album you own.

DeAtHsTaR
01-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Shit... I always thought cheshire came out after buddha. my mistake. anything after buddha then, in fact, was crap.

It did, they came out in alphabetical order.

Buddha
Cheshire Cat
Dude Ranch
Enema of the State

Hell, Flyswatter had an A on the cover.

Marco
01-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Anything that's of Backstreet Boys and Blue sucks.

Grabbal
01-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Anything that's of Backstreet Boys and Blue sucks.

Espesially Black/blue by B-boys.. (I was young and stupid)

Marco
01-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Espesially Black/blue by B-boys.. (I was young and stupid)
I'm young, but not stupid. I didn't buy them.

xxec94
01-27-2007, 12:14 PM
those clay aiken ones suk, uuuummmm avenged sevenfold albums, backstreet boys, nickleback, anything country, jessica simpson paris hilton

nameless
01-27-2007, 08:02 PM
rufio, cant remember the name of the album but it was the 2004/2005 release!

neocon58
01-28-2007, 11:27 PM
^The comfort of home?

I really don't know. I bought the Dido album and hell regretted that, possibly the 30 seconds to mars album.

Buying albums just going by the singles is really not a good idea.

German Andres
01-30-2007, 06:25 AM
Lets see.....
American Idiot, by Green Day
Infest, by Papa Roach
Every single one by Blink 182

[[Jew in a Toaster]]
02-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Anything Shitknot, Nirvana, MCR, Panic! at the Gaybar or even remotely cutter/emo oriented.

Jakebert
02-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Man, you're a fucking wordplay GENIUS! "Panic! at the Gaybar". Haha, that means that you think they're homosexuals. Brilliant.

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2007, 04:02 PM
];963641']Anything Shitknot, Nirvana, MCR, Panic! at the Gaybar or even remotely cutter/emo oriented.

HAHAH! SHITNOT! ZPONIODF Gzomg zomg dshbxcuib FUNN!Y (FRDHO IH

U RUEFH*DHixv SF
XOviipphcjvfikzd

FUCK@!!!

U ARE BRINING TEH FUNNI3 WEN U SAYOGYDF GGDGF WEN U SAY THINGZ LYKE DAT!

[Translation: I wish you were fucking dead]

0r4ng3
02-03-2007, 04:08 PM
As I'm looking through most of the posts in this thread, I realize that not too many people understand how this thread works.

Naming bands and saying all of their CDs is not how you answer a Worst Albums Ever thread. That's how you answer a Worst Band Ever (or, to nitpick further, Least Favorite Band Ever) Thread.

Everyone, stop being idiots.

[[Jew in a Toaster]]
02-03-2007, 05:29 PM
As I'm looking through most of the posts in this thread, I realize that not too many people understand how this thread works.

Naming bands and saying all of their CDs is not how you answer a Worst Albums Ever thread. That's how you answer a Worst Band Ever (or, to nitpick further, Least Favorite Band Ever) Thread.

Everyone, stop being idiots.

Get the fuck over it.

It can work more than one way. And insults work fine.

Jakebert
02-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Insults only work if you're a stupid attention whore who wants to act badass even though you have no idea what you're talking about.

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Or if they're actually funny.

xxec94
02-04-2007, 12:53 PM
a public affaire-jessic simpson

any album bi metallica, anthrax, 30 seconds to mars, reliant k, the killers, rolling stones, acdc, u2, slipknot, switchfoot, coldplay, death cab 4 cutie or system of a down or britney spears.

and the paris hilton album

and aaron carters album

and anything by a boyband

anything thats real heavy matal

xxec94
02-04-2007, 12:55 PM

it sez murderator and its scaring me.

xxec94
02-04-2007, 12:58 PM
i forgot some

marylin mansons albums

aidens albums

loose-nelly furtado

any metric album

anti flag albums

that really bad nirvana album

the open door-evanescence

pokemon soundtracks

highschool musical soundtrack

daughtrys album

Grabbal
02-04-2007, 01:06 PM
Way to make an extra post..

wait, so is this..

0r4ng3
02-04-2007, 01:51 PM
See what I was getting at before? If you want to list a bunch of bands you hate, then that's fine with me. But, y'know, this isn't a "bands you hate" thread. In fact, I'm sure there's already one like it.

Edit: You know what? This is a lost cause. Fuck it, I don't care.

Rag Doll
02-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Daughtry's cd is actually pretty good. And the fact that Chris Daughtry is completely fuckable helps things too.

German Andres
02-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Infest, by Papa Roach.It sucks, but not as much as Honking on Bobo, from Aerosmith. I like Aerosmith, but that album stinks.

JohnnyNemesis
02-04-2007, 02:26 PM
I like Aerosmith

Under these circumstances, you get what you deserve...whether it's a bad album or horribly painful death.

:P

Forza
02-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Under these circumstances, you get what you deserve...whether it's a bad album or horribly painful death.

That's not really a choice is it? I'd always choose that last option.

Rag Doll
02-04-2007, 03:06 PM

b-b-b-but i like Aerosmith =(

JohnnyNemesis
02-04-2007, 03:31 PM
True, but where the other Aerosmith lover lacks omg sexiness, you have bewbz. So it's okay.

lawl.

[[Jew in a Toaster]]
02-05-2007, 10:31 AM
a public affaire-jessic simpson

any album bi metallica, anthrax, 30 seconds to mars, reliant k, the killers, rolling stones, acdc, u2, slipknot, switchfoot, coldplay, death cab 4 cutie or system of a down or britney spears.

and the paris hilton album

and aaron carters album

and anything by a boyband

anything thats real heavy matal

You listen to jessica simpson.. Therefore you have no right to talk about metal.

JohnnyNemesis
02-05-2007, 11:37 AM
];964473']You listen to jessica simpson.. Therefore you have no right to talk about metal.

You're an idiot..Therefore you have no right to talk.

0r4ng3
02-05-2007, 11:39 AM
tru metalz 4 lyfe!

amirite? i am so rite.

Reape101
03-15-2007, 06:33 PM
American Idiot... it tottaly ruined greenday

Change the world
03-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Dooms Day Device(or Machine cant remember)- Arch Enemy
The Batman Soundtrack.
American Idiot- Green Day
Spice World- Spice Girls
And many more..

0r4ng3
03-15-2007, 09:56 PM
I don't think American Idiot was all that bad. In fact, it's pretty good. It's just that all of the publicity and hype around it kind of ruined it.

All About Eve
03-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Adema - Adema

Ninty Man
03-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Woman and children first, from Van Halen

H1T_That
03-17-2007, 05:30 AM
Thrice - Vheissu

Bar 'Image of the invisible', this album is utter shite.

Llamas
03-17-2007, 05:42 AM
Nevermind the Bollocks...

Darren Hayes - Spin

Poison - Native Tongue

Lars
03-17-2007, 05:57 AM
Thrice - Vheissu

hahahaha, I'm glad I never checked this out now. I didn't like the one before that either.

cool 2 hate 681
03-20-2007, 01:36 AM
good charlotte by good charlotte
rock steady by no doubt
american idiot by green day
st anger by metallica
into the unknown by bad religion
answer that and stay fashionable by afi
so long and thanks for All the Shoes by nofx
sweatin' to the oldies by the vandals
don't you fake it by the red jumpsuit apparatus
the black parade by my chemical romance

ninthlayer
03-20-2007, 02:09 AM
any metric album
You're an idiot, consider suicide.

All of them?

pokemon soundtracks
Get the fuck back.

Infest, by Papa Roach.
Infest is the only bearable Papa Roach cd. When Coby Dick changed his name to Jacoby Shaddix to try and be taken more seriously I had a nice lol-session (there's no coming back from lyrics like My name's Coby Dick! Mr. Dick if you're nasssty!).

American Idiot... it tottaly ruined greenday
If by "tottaly" ruined you mean revived their career, then yeah, you'd be correct. Fag.

I think the worst album I've ever come across was Awake by Godsmack. I bought the album because I used to hang out with a bunch of metalheads/nu-metal kids in high school and wanted to sample their choice of music. Christfuck, most boring and unimaginative album ever. Fucking Falling Into You by Celine Dion incites more of a reaction than this miserable album.

Manic Subsidal Boy
03-20-2007, 03:39 AM
st anger by metallica

What a fuck head. Everyone says it's bad, but none of them people have acually listened to it. If reckon St. Anger is bad then listen to Load, Reload and Metallica, then comment please.

DividingByZero71
04-17-2007, 04:28 PM
worst albums:

americana- the offspring
hypnotize-system of a down

and anything green day has, and anything hollywood undead has. and any rap is terrible too

0r4ng3
04-17-2007, 04:30 PM
I think that's funny that you consider Americana a bad album when your username and sig imply that you like Conspiracy of One.

DividingByZero71
04-17-2007, 04:33 PM
I think that's funny that you consider Americana a bad album

ya so??? i read a post earlier someone saying they thought smash was a bad album too

im not saying americana is a bad album, but its my least favorite.

zacsta
04-18-2007, 05:31 AM
yeh exactly, just cos he dosnt like one offspring album dosnt mean he hates them all, i hate americana but like co1 too.

Lupin
04-18-2007, 06:15 AM
good charlotte by good charlotte
american idiot by green day
st anger by metallica
the black parade by my chemical romance

Theres nothing to add to that really
apart from;
Untouchables by Korn
Anything Limp Bizkit ever did...
I was never that big a fan of either of them anyway but jeez it was by the numbers nu-metal.

On Limp Bizkit, is Fred Durst still alive?
________
EASY VAPE VAPORIZER (http://www.vaporshop.com/easy-vape-vaporizer.html)

smash212
04-18-2007, 11:39 AM
On Limp Bizkit, is Fred Durst still alive?

i've stopped wondering and just assumed he took his own life.

Grabbal
04-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Doesn't look (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Durst) like it.

Lupin
04-18-2007, 06:40 PM
well he should have, the c*unt...see i semi-stupidly covered my own back there.

I only just realised i started this thred last year and Untouchables & Limp Bizkit where on it then...along with Papa Roach, but they must be dead.

Speaking of dead, has anyone killed anyone from Blink 182 yet? Its not 'wikipedia' question, its more a (takes a deep breath......) "is there any guilty bb'sers who after a night out and a little bit of mindless slaughter, want a party thrown in there honour so that 3 whiney little fucks cant re-form a band in much the same way Bernard Matthews reforms mushed up turkey"

Well that was a mouth full...if the answer to the above is 'no' does anyone own a surface to 'Airwave' missile. Im pretty sure Tom Delonge's voice is shuddering my radio, and without wanting to actually get up, i need long range explosives.
________
EXTREME VAPORIZER REVIEW (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/extreme)

Lupin
04-19-2007, 05:13 AM
That you're cunt. For their genre they're good.

is that your opinon or mine?
________
VAPORIZER REVIEW (http://vaporizer.org/)

H1T_That
04-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Infest is the only bearable Papa Roach cd. When Coby Dick changed his name to Jacoby Shaddix to try and be taken more seriously I had a nice lol-session (there's no coming back from lyrics like My name's Coby Dick! Mr. Dick if you're nasssty!).

So thats what happened. I wasn't sure whether this was the case or they changed the singer for some scenster fag.

Turned out they did both at the same time.

coolignition
04-19-2007, 02:27 PM
weezer's last 2 records have been some of the biggest piles of crap i've ever heard. i understand when a band wants to evolve their sound and not keep making the same kinda records. cause who would? but i think the songs just suck.

michael jackson
04-19-2007, 08:28 PM
i agree the last 2 weezer records were not very good they were almost as bad as anything i would put out

Jakebert
04-20-2007, 05:02 AM
That you're cunt. For their genre they're good.

Funniest post ever!

Wait, you ment that, didn't you?

FUNNIEST POST EVER!

xxec94
04-20-2007, 09:26 AM
i forgot some

marylin mansons albums

aidens albums

loose-nelly furtado

any metric album

anti flag albums

the open door-evanescence

pokemon soundtracks

highschool musical soundtrack

daughtrys album

how could a nirvana album be really bad? they rock

offspringing
04-22-2007, 06:38 PM
hey, who said that the pok'emon soundtracks suck? i listen to that shit everyday.

all nirvana album
all blink 182
all pop punk bands like fall out boy albums

SyLeS
04-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Greenday - American Idiot
all blink182
all nickelback

TBD
10-28-2007, 01:55 AM
Thrice - Vheissu

Holy fuck I couldn't disagree more.

Atlantic, Red Sky, Music Box, Of Dust and Nations are some of the best songs I've ever heard. I think this cd is a goddamn masterpiece.

Alex101
04-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Metallica - St. Anger
The Offspring - Splinter
Bad Religion - No Substance
Judas Priest - Demolition
Slayer - Undisputed Attitude

nameless
04-27-2008, 03:50 PM
the first linkin park album. a lot of people bought it due to the hype but it quickly lost its appeal!

Ninty Man
04-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Metallica - St. Anger
The Offspring - Splinter
Bad Religion - No Substance
Judas Priest - Demolition
Slayer - Undisputed Attitude

Bah, No substance is underrated. I mean, is no generator, but is not that crap named recipe for hate (that has good songs... only by graffin)

GBH2
04-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Bah, No substance is underrated. I mean, is no generator, but is not that crap named recipe for hate (that has good songs... only by graffin)

no substance was great. while most fans will disagree, i think gurewitz (or whatever the dude's name is) leaving was a good thing; they actually changed up their sound a bit with no substance and new america and it was much more interesting than another suffer retread. some of my favorite stuff by them is from those two albums.

Alex101
04-28-2008, 06:11 PM
no substance was great. while most fans will disagree, i think gurewitz (or whatever the dude's name is) leaving was a good thing; they actually changed up their sound a bit with no substance and new america and it was much more interesting than another suffer retread. some of my favorite stuff by them is from those two albums.

No, no, no. Gurewitz leaving the band was a terrible thing for damn sure and No Substance actually turned out to be a disappointing, so I don't consider that to be great or their best.

ruroken
04-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Mindless Self Indulgence - IF

Ninty Man
04-29-2008, 09:09 AM
No, no, no. Gurewitz leaving the band was a terrible thing for damn sure and No Substance actually turned out to be a disappointing, so I don't consider that to be great or their best.

Bah, gurewitz is a good composer, but for fuck sake... he wrote television, all good soldiers and with graffin into the unknown. Graffin wrote cease... and I rest my case

FrancoDaHui
04-29-2008, 04:07 PM

i agree

i think that no substance and new america are their most innovative albums ever

Mirjoe
05-22-2008, 02:04 PM

medi01
05-22-2008, 02:12 PM

thats just silly...it's alot better than any shitty pop or rap

Mirjoe
05-22-2008, 03:13 PM
thats just silly...it's alot better than any shitty pop or rap

That album destroyed one of my fav bands Green Day... I started to hate them after American Idiot...

Blackball_
05-22-2008, 03:19 PM
no substance was horrible. the new america atleast had 3 or 4 really good songs, but the whole album sounds like shit.

neverless, gurewitz does write the best songs. but could he look anymore bored when playing the few shows he does play? Zzz

0r4ng3
05-22-2008, 03:21 PM
no substance was horrible. the new america atleast had 3 or 4 really good songs, but the whole album sounds like shit.

neverless, gurewitz does write the best songs. but could he look anymore bored when playing the few shows he does play? Zzz
I always have the opposite opinion. I find that there are a couple of songs that I like from No Substance, but I can't stand The New America. I've heard both sides of the argument so many times that I'm convinced that they suck equally.

JohnnyNemesis
05-22-2008, 03:48 PM
No Substance has about 5 or 6 phenomenal songs, while The New America only has two songs that are even possible to listen to without wanting to kill yourself. I haven't bought a Bad Religion album since The New America because the very thought of doing so makes me cringe. Fucking assholes.

shanna_guarana
05-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Offs-Splinter.................no comment...........

Andy
05-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Worst album I've heard recently (for the first time) was Metallica's St. Anger. What is the deal with the production? It's awful! Just speaking from a drummer's perspective here, but it's awful. The drums sound like they weren't even tuned, and the snare is the worst sounding I've ever heard. Just, no. No. NO!

Not Ozymandias
05-24-2008, 03:01 PM
The correct answer is The Spaghetti Incident.

Runner-up is whichever Duran Duran album had their covers of White Lines and 911 Is A Joke.
I'm not making that up.

Conspiracyof1001
06-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Conspiracy of One
Rancid- Indestructable

Please Be Sane With That Conspiracy Of One Album...

Free?
06-08-2008, 04:03 AM
You guys love Offspring and are all big fans, but in worst albums ever you can't stop mentioning Splinter and Co1. Keep loving Race Against Myself, but saying that Splinter is worst ever. This makes no sense, if you don't listen artists that you don't like it doesn't mean that they don't have their albums, which you would easily call worse than Splinter.
What you are saying that any 50 Cents or Paris Hilton album is better than Splinter. Huh?
Or is it thread about worst albums of your favourite bands?

Grimesy da Offspringfan
06-08-2008, 06:06 AM
Omg some gusy are so stupid. Some ppl really think that any hiphop or pop crap album is better than any Offspring album?!?!?!?! Ur right Free?. Btw, Splinter and Conspiracy are awesome albums. :rolleyes:

dff_punk
06-08-2008, 07:12 AM
Tokio Hotel - Schrei(Scream)
God forbid I ever listened to that album.
Anyway, it's sad to see on OFFSPRING boards in the thread "Worst Albums Ever" that someone mentions The OFFSPRING... C'mon guys, be more positive.

Take em out
06-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Franz Ferdinand.. Overrated.

Lupin
10-19-2011, 04:24 AM
Returning to a thread i made way back when.
Kimya Dawson - Alphabutt EP : which I understand is for children, or should be. It irritates the fuck out of me.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With You : Huge RHCP fan, and also a huge fan of Josh Klinghoffer. This album is just weak imo.

RageAndLov
10-19-2011, 04:34 AM
Blink 182 - Cheshire Cat
Blink 182 - Dude Ranch
Blink 182 - Enema of the State
Blink 182 - Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
Blink 182 - S/T
Blink 182 - Neighborhoods
Johnny and the Remains - It Came from the Basement
Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight
Black Eyed Peas - Monkey Business
NOFX - Liberal Animation
Rancid - Let the Dominoes Fall

WebDudette
10-19-2011, 04:58 AM
Man, I was angry and really didn't know how to punctuate when I was 15. That said, I was mostly right.

As for worst albums ever, that's a little hard to place. I mean, there are a lot of albums I regret listening too, but I generally stayed away from stuff I thought was really terrible. If I had to pick something it'd be in the vein of bands like Disturbed, Shinedown, Hinder, NickelBack, Seether, and Puddle of Mud. Unlike most genres these bands do not have a single redeeming quality and the music isn't even the laughable kind of terrible like some other awful music. Not to mention I am pretty sure I have heard at least one extremely misogynist song from each of them and I've never even actively listened to them.

Antonioffspring
10-19-2011, 05:34 AM
One of the best albums I have ever heard. Masterpiece. 1 hour of great music.

Infest, by Papa Roach
It's their best album and pretty good one.

rock steady by no doubt
Yeah, I don't know what went wrong here. 2 previous albums were masterpieces. I guess they stopped being serious and went partying instead...then gwen solo...I wonder what the new album will be like.

Omni
10-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Man, I was angry and really didn't know how to punctuate when I was 15. That said, I was mostly right.

As for worst albums ever, that's a little hard to place. I mean, there are a lot of albums I regret listening too, but I generally stayed away from stuff I thought was really terrible. If I had to pick something it'd be in the vein of bands like Disturbed, Shinedown, Hinder, NickelBack, Seether, and Puddle of Mud. Unlike most genres these bands do not have a single redeeming quality and the music isn't even the laughable kind of terrible like some other awful music. Not to mention I am pretty sure I have heard at least one extremely misogynist song from each of them and I've never even actively listened to them.

Mmm, I'm fairly sure Shinedown has never released a misogynistic single, though they very well could have a misogynistic deeper cut somewhere. Not that this is me trying to sway your opinion anything. I happen to like Shinedown a moderate amount, but what you said is a pretty accurate description of the post-grunge/ "alternative metal" genre, for the most part.

Also, completely unrelated: I was reading on the first page with the intention of just reading the whole topic - before I found out there were like 100 pages - and I love how someone said they hated Chinese Democracy in 2006.

mouse333
11-12-2011, 11:58 PM
C-Murder - The Truest Shit I Ever Said (not a fan)

dog555
11-13-2011, 12:33 AM
C-Murder - The Truest Shit I Ever Said (not a fan)

I think that one is better than this one Keith Murray - Rap-Murr-Phobia (The Fear Of Real Hip-Hop):rolleyes:

Jakebert
11-13-2011, 09:47 AM
This thread is weird because I still agree with most of the opinions I had, yet I still hate all my posts. I don't think that's normal.

samseby
11-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Lulu (Metallica) is kind of ... well, I don't know "strange" - maybe it's art and I just don't get it :p who knows?!

Jakebert
11-14-2011, 01:06 PM
I have a weird mixed opinion about Lulu. On one hand, I almost respect both artists for going so far out of their comfort zone to do something different and alienating. On the other hand, the results are awful.

Tomo
12-09-2011, 04:47 PM
I don't know about worst album ever. If I don't like someone's music, I just don't listen to it and ignore it. I don't need to desperately go on the internet and jump on hate bandwagons like some of you guys...
However the most disappointing albums that I own - by my favourite bands - would have to be the following:

The Offspring - SPLINTER
Too many "filler" songs, not enough good material. Has only four good songs. To me, all the songs sound the same. And if there's something different, it's just plain awful. "The Worst Hangover Ever", "Da Hui", "When You're in Prison"... need I say more?

Limp Bizkit - GOLD COBRA
The same case as Splinter, too many bad filler tracks. Has only five good songs. Contains the worst Limp Bizkit song ever made - "My Own Cobain". Ironically, also contains the absolutely best Limp Bizkit song ever - "Walking Away"!

Linkin Park: A THOUSAND SUNS
I'm at loss for words with this one... I mean, okay, it has some nice guitar melody here and there, or some sweet drum pattern or sampling, but overall it's just too boring, short and monotonous.

That being said, I don't consider these albums really bad, just not as good as the rest of their bands' discography.

Jakebert
12-10-2011, 01:19 AM
Well I mean it's pretty hard to live up to the rest of Limp Bizket's stellar career.

yarock
12-10-2011, 03:30 AM
When You're in Prison is definitely in my top 10.