PDA

View Full Version : Defy You live at Kerrang awards

DeAtHsTaR
03-25-2006, 09:44 PM
check it! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=lXWFa5Uf9_w&search=offspring) pretty cool vid.

alistair13
03-25-2006, 09:47 PM
i've seen that one before. it's a great performance!

Hux
03-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Nice video, Ron kinda smiles and there's also a look-a-like Ron in the crowd at the end.

Llamas
03-25-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm not a fan of how live footage of offspring songs is recorded. I hate how jumpy the camera is, and how it can't focus on one thing for more than 2 seconds. When I watch a live video, I want to watch the band play, not see fancy camera work with lots of zooming, and showing the audience all the time. I dunno, if the band ever released a live dvd, I'd probably not get it just because of the camera work.

DeAtHsTaR
03-25-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm not a fan of how live footage of offspring songs is recorded. I hate how jumpy the camera is, and how it can't focus on one thing for more than 2 seconds. When I watch a live video, I want to watch the band play, not see fancy camera work with lots of zooming, and showing the audience all the time. I dunno, if the band ever released a live dvd, I'd probably not get it just because of the camera work.
The CMVC had 11 live videos on it... does that count?

Hux
03-25-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm not a fan of how live footage of offspring songs is recorded. I hate how jumpy the camera is, and how it can't focus on one thing for more than 2 seconds. When I watch a live video, I want to watch the band play, not see fancy camera work with lots of zooming, and showing the audience all the time.
I know exactly what you mean, the camera's move from one thing to another every second showing the same angles as before. I prefer it when someone in the crowd or a staff member with a good angle does it, it usually looks good and better.

Llamas
03-25-2006, 10:08 PM
deathstar: I bought the CMVC because of the videos, and watched the live videos and was very disappointed- that's what I formed my opinion based on. I watched those live videos once and got annoyed.

hux: exactly. I'd take a low quality audience taping over that over-produced shit anyday. I like live video recordings that make you feel like you're there. A view from various audience angles, or just one. I like when the camera stays still. It's fine if they use different angles, and if they use zoom... just to vary things and so you can see different things from different angles, but when they use the camera to make it "seem more exciting", it's so annoying. It's not really a live video to me when you can't tell what's going on, or if it was even all recorded at the same show.

HeadAroundU
03-26-2006, 07:05 AM
yep....it's great!

darko
03-26-2006, 07:06 AM
thats really cool

Lars
03-26-2006, 09:23 AM
haha, it would seem I was the one that ripped that one.

offspring_freak_3
03-26-2006, 10:11 AM
same here. indeed it is, it was one of the frst offspring video i saw

nameless
03-26-2006, 01:56 PM
first time id seen it! good performance!