PDA

View Full Version : RE: Photo Album, Chokin' a bitch

Drummerguy123
03-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Yeah, I drum a lot, but all my muscle goes into my wrists. I have no arm strength whatsoever. I try to work out, but I remain a twig. 'Tis quite sad. :(

JohnnyNemesis
03-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Well, I got you beat THERE too! I'm super scrawny, except I never work out ever, so I have no excuse. Don't be so sad!

And to anyone who thinks this is just a convo between Thomas and I: nope. Contribute with strength/workout discussion, ya bastards.

Drummerguy123
03-26-2006, 08:51 PM
lol. I am really skinny, but I have to admit, I do have rather good defintion in my muscles. *flexes* oh yeah..... *kisses biceps*

I really just have like 0% body fat. I need some tips on working out. And I need a plan that is short, easy, and not time consuming (which is my biggest factor).

wheelchairman
03-26-2006, 09:49 PM
I work out.

I even have gym membership, however I despise that place and look forward to my membership expiring.

I usually work out with a friend.

If you have some barbell's, then I might be able to help. Dush once showed me a page with excercises. I just can't remember it. :(

coke_a_holic
03-26-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm really weird in the whole working out category.

On the one hand, I'm (obviously) Jewish, and therefore unathletic by default.
On the other, my Mom's Catholic side of the family has a bunch of body builders.

Essentially, I got a body-builder body, but a Jewish athleticism, so I'm just disproportionate. I'm 6'2, about 135-140 ibs, and have extremely long limbs (lolz) and gigantic hands. I just look awkward and I love it. I worked out for a little bit a few years ago, and I've been in the weight room for phys. ed every year since 6th grade for at least 3 months. I'm going to start again this year, but not with weights. I'm just going to run laps and do sit-ups/push-ups. Yep.

Jebus
03-26-2006, 10:09 PM
On the one hand, I'm (obviously) Jewish, and therefore unathletic by default.
but weren't jews known for their hardcore b-ball skillz back in the day?

T-6005
03-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Generally, I'm a runner and have been for years. It's my favorite type of exercise by far, and I find it leads to the biggest feeling of satisfaction. Plus you can feel the fitness.

I don't know what's happened, but I haven't run in a while. I need to start again.

Little_Miss_1565
03-26-2006, 10:12 PM
My body is pretty useless due to all kinds of medical maladies, but I've really grown to enjoy pilates and yoga. When I'm not a total fatboy, I get in pretty good shape that way. But I look so good all the time that it's hard to try to get myself to look any better. ;)

coke_a_holic
03-26-2006, 10:19 PM
but weren't jews known for their hardcore b-ball skillz back in the day?
Jews can't play basketball.

XYlophonetreeZ
03-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Actually he's correct. Jews dominated the b-ball scene back in the day. My Jewish grandpa was the point guard for Union college sometime in the 40s. I think he played with some other Jews who went on to play professionally.

Little_Miss_1565
03-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Hey, what do you call a Jewish woman's boobs?

T-6005
03-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey, what do you call a Jewish woman's boobs?
I've been waiting for the answer since you started this joke (at least I assume that's what it is). I think it's been long enough of a wait.

Tizzalicious
03-26-2006, 10:38 PM
My body is pretty useless due to all kinds of medical maladies, but I've really grown to enjoy pilates and yoga. When I'm not a total fatboy, I get in pretty good shape that way. But I look so good all the time that it's hard to try to get myself to look any better. ;)

Pilates is awesome. I should do it some more. Fat decided it loves my body lately =/

Jebus
03-26-2006, 10:42 PM
I've been waiting for the answer since you started this joke (at least I assume that's what it is). I think it's been long enough of a wait.
she got it from southpark(I think) and the answers is jewbs!

Andy
03-27-2006, 02:17 AM
I'm a power-drummer, so when I drum for a period my arms become pretty well built up. However, I haven't even picked up sticks since before christmas so at the moment they're pretty lousy.

HeadAroundU
03-27-2006, 02:42 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/HeadAroundU/SexAroundU1.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/HeadAroundU/36_1_23.gif

Drummerguy123
03-27-2006, 05:46 AM
I'm a power-drummer, so when I drum for a period my arms become pretty well built up. However, I haven't even picked up sticks since before christmas so at the moment they're pretty lousy.

Me too, but my arms don't build up any mass. Yeah, they get stronger, but my appearance would tell you otherwise.

wheelchairman
03-27-2006, 07:26 AM
Way to underline my point on gay bodybuilders, HAU.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-27-2006, 07:57 AM
I'm totally skinny. I'm so thin and skinny that I'm thinny.

JoY
03-27-2006, 09:15 AM
where is RXP when you need him?

Tizzalicious
03-27-2006, 09:16 AM
where is RXP when you need him?

I was thinking the same!

Duskygrin
03-27-2006, 10:26 AM
I play the piano & do iron arms with guys... I usually lose, but they usually cheat (that is, they use wrist torsion instead of merely arm force)

JohnnyNemesis
03-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Wait, there are occasions where RXP is needed?

Andy
03-27-2006, 11:09 AM
What did RXP do that was so bad? I remember him being a decent fella...

JohnnyNemesis
03-27-2006, 11:11 AM
I liked him, actually. But RXP jokes are too easy to make and too hard to pass up.

Paint_It_Black
03-27-2006, 11:17 AM
I liked him, actually. But RXP jokes are too easy to make and too hard to pass up.

That's exactly how I feel.

Andy
03-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Ah, fair enough. Well, he's British; So of course he's easily picked on :eek: :eek:

HeadAroundU
03-27-2006, 01:37 PM
The is no way in the hell to make a mass from drumming.:)

The most important thing is food!!! You need proteins,vitamins...etc
*google is your friend*

You have 2 options:
1. Workout at home. Pushups....etc *google is your friend* *teleshoping, you know Orbitrek :)*

2. Workout at gym (weight room). Be carefull!!! *google is your friend*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mom is a good cook so I have a really good and various food. I'm at gym 3-4 times a week. The last year I'm using "Creatine Monohydrate". It's basic shit to make a mass but it's expensive. Gym is expensive too.

hmmmmm if not there is an another option
3. Swimming!!!, running.

JohnnyNemesis
03-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Google is my friend!
Google is my friend!
Google is my friend!

*continues chanting, stumbling around in a trance*

wheelchairman
03-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Johnny, that is much the same routine as in a gym.

The problem with the gym is the fucking mirrors. You don't believe me. But there is no other reason to have mirrors in a gym than as a way to literally, get people off. The people who go to gyms get off on their own image. Look at HAU and his pic there. It's a creepy form of masturbation that is just disturbing. Because it's addictive. It's like when you discovered masturbation at the age of 12-13 and that was pretty much all you did for those years.

OddOneOut_Bassist
03-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Well, I got you beat THERE too! I'm super scrawny, except I never work out ever, so I have no excuse. Don't be so sad!

And to anyone who thinks this is just a convo between Thomas and I: nope. Contribute with strength/workout discussion, ya bastards.
lol i have no muscle mass
i am 121 lbs i am 14 yrs old hah nenver works out... i think most ever lifted was like 60 lbs

Andy
03-27-2006, 02:37 PM
I am 19, have NEVER worked out in my live, eat shit and drink FAR too much for my own good. My arms aside I am a fucking mess.

All About Eve
03-27-2006, 02:50 PM
I tried working out, generally too boring for me, though. For whatever reason I was able to benchpress around 150 I think in a weightlifting class last year.** I'm just one of those naturally strong people, although I don't look like I have much muscle. My shoulders are freakishly wide though.

**quite decent for being 14 and never worked out for more than two weeks.

0r4ng3
03-27-2006, 02:53 PM
I can bench about 80lbs...once.

All About Eve
03-27-2006, 02:55 PM
I was able to do the 15 pound bar 337 times before I had to stop. Highest out of the two classes. The next time we did it I only did 150 because of how much it hurt last time, and some other kid beat me. Oh well.

Duskygrin
03-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Well, I wouldn't say my body is a mess but I ain't a female Schwarzy either. My arms look thin & normal but they are really tense, though, nervous fibre. I've got natural abs & muscles in legs... I never work out in gyms, but I do pushups, used to have barbells as well but dropped that as too much bodybuilding.

summer is drawing nigh so I should take on abs training & buttocks training too.

Betty
03-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Ha... I took this a few weeks ago and haven't had an opportunity to show it off...

I know it's just a cute little girl muscle, but I hope my arms are more built than some of you scrawny boys.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Wildbetty/bicep2.jpg

I have two 10 lb dumbbells and curl 'em in my room and do a few other weight lifting exercises, and sometimes pushups. They're too light for some stuff, but it's not worth buying 15 or 20 lb ones since I'm moving out soon. And I play v-ball pretty often so that probably helps. Good genes help too. Both of my parents are/were really strong just from doing their jobs and playing sports and doing yardwork and stuff.

I still haven't been able to totally stick to my workout routine since the end of the semester always catches up on me and I start to get weighed down by homework, but I'm in better shape this year at this time than I have been in previous years, so I'm hoping to make more progress this summer. Man, do I ever want an athlete's body. My problem is that I drink too much booze.

sKratch
03-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Oh snap michelle. You jacked.
I've been hitting the gym this semester, and I'm happy to say I've been seeing results. I used to be really really scrawny, and I've finally got something going for me besides my legs and abs (legs from various running stuff and abs because i'm so skinny).

Betty
03-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Skinny boys with muscles are seeeexy.

I don't think I'll ever lose enough body fat to have a six-pack (see: drink too much booze).

T-6005
03-27-2006, 05:11 PM
That's bullshit. I drink a ton and you can see mine. Ish.

Well, you could before. I don't often look now. Too embarrassed.

But I just got back from a run and I feel fucking awesome!

sKratch
03-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Skinny boys with muscles are seeeexy.

I don't think I'll ever lose enough body fat to have a six-pack (see: drink too much booze).
More like dreamy (oh snap jokes).

Little_Miss_1565
03-27-2006, 07:55 PM
The problem with the gym is the fucking mirrors. You don't believe me. But there is no other reason to have mirrors in a gym than as a way to literally, get people off. The people who go to gyms get off on their own image. Look at HAU and his pic there. It's a creepy form of masturbation that is just disturbing. Because it's addictive. It's like when you discovered masturbation at the age of 12-13 and that was pretty much all you did for those years.

Well, there's also another reason for the mirrors--so you can see yourself. It's important for things like yoga so you can be sure you have the proper form for the pose until you get comfortable enough with a pose to know you're doing it right or not.

Drummerguy123
03-27-2006, 08:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/Wildbetty/bicep2.jpg

*looks down at arm* *cries* :(

wheelchairman
03-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Well, there's also another reason for the mirrors--so you can see yourself. It's important for things like yoga so you can be sure you have the proper form for the pose until you get comfortable enough with a pose to know you're doing it right or not.
Yoga happens in another room. And I can't imagine that wall mirrors are incredibly vital to the free weights. It's pure and simple narcissus.

Tizzalicious
03-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Mirrors are good when you are a fatty, it reminds you why you are working out.

wheelchairman
03-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Fat people don't go to gyms.

Tizzalicious
03-28-2006, 12:00 AM
They do sometimes!

Just not enough.

T-6005
03-28-2006, 12:03 AM
They do sometimes!

Just not enough.
Fat people are redirected to special rooms. When they get thin enough they are allowed to mingle with the normal people.

Preocupado
03-28-2006, 12:36 AM
The university's gym has a 50% discount for students, so i tried it for two months. I ate food rich in carboydrates and proteins four times a day to pump the body and it worked. Too bad i hate the gym so i quit. Exercising inside a room full of mirrors isn't my thing at all.

Now i just surf, it's a very complete exercise and keeps a good body shape. Not to mention fun as hell.

wheelchairman
03-28-2006, 01:18 AM
They do sometimes!

Just not enough.
Fat people join, and then they usually stop. I don't know why or for what reason, but that is the general pattern.

Tizzalicious
03-28-2006, 01:21 AM
Fat people join, and then they usually stop. I don't know why or for what reason, but that is the general pattern.

Because they don't like being there with all the mirrors when they can see how bad they look :P

wheelchairman
03-28-2006, 01:50 AM
right, why don't you just agree with me then?

You sound smarter when you agree with me. :(

Tizzalicious
03-28-2006, 01:58 AM
I first thought it would be good motivation, then I changed my mind, because I remembered all those mirrors did to me were make me depressed :P

And I don't wanna agree because you are a suckface :(

wheelchairman
03-28-2006, 02:00 AM
It doesn't matter WHY I am always right, just as long as you understand that this is a universal matter. Per is always right, the Earth revolves around the sun, and Boeing Engineers get fucked to death by horses on camera only to become famous.

Tizzalicious
03-28-2006, 02:03 AM
Right :(

HeadAroundU
03-28-2006, 06:51 AM
yeah you are right!

Wheelie you are jealous. My pic was a kind of challenge for everybody! Workout is cool, healthy and it's good relax for my little brain. :)

Little_Miss_1565
03-28-2006, 06:51 AM
Wheelie you are jealous. My pic was a kind of challenge for everybody! Workout is cool, healthy and it's good relax for my little brain. :)

Duder, you just wanted us to see you nekkid. :p

Tizzalicious
03-28-2006, 06:54 AM
yeah you are right!

If he looked like that, I wouldn't be happy. I don't want a guy with bigger boobs than I do.

HeadAroundU
03-28-2006, 07:05 AM
It's a creepy form of masturbation that is just disturbing. Because it's addictive. It's like when you discovered masturbation at the age of 12-13 and that was pretty much all you did for those years.
well I'm not doing it because of cool body only. I'm a soccer player like forever! since I was little HAU. I'm sportsman in my heart but I don't have a time to play soccer anymore so I do what I can.

I'd like to add that I'm talented sportsman. :)

HeadAroundU
03-28-2006, 07:11 AM
What's nekkid?
My boobs aren't that big. It's just a tricky pic. You should have seen water polo player's boobs. That's amazing. Swimming gets you into amazing shape.

sKratch
03-28-2006, 07:14 AM
Yoga happens in another room. And I can't imagine that wall mirrors are incredibly vital to the free weights. It's pure and simple narcissus.
What's wrong with wanting to look and be able to say "holy crap look at my muscles"? It's nice to be able to see the effects. I'd like to come up with some obvious analogy but alas, analytical mechanics calls.

JohnnyNemesis
03-28-2006, 08:01 AM
It's still narcissism, like Per said...whether it's painted it in a positive light or a negative light like he did. What's wrong with it is a different question, though: one that I won't touch.

sKratch
03-28-2006, 08:05 AM
Although it isn't paramount, mirrors help you ensure that you're doing shit right like keeping your arms straight etc. But yeah, for the most part the purpose they serve is lolz look at me.

Betty
03-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Mmmm... the thing is I find it can be quite difficult to stay motivated to keep working out, so seeing the progress really helps that motivation.

wheelchairman
03-28-2006, 09:02 AM
There is nothing wrong with liking the way you look. I like the way I look. There is something unhealthy about CONSTANTLY checking yourself out. It's like masturbation with no orgasm (sorry I'm full of good analogies :(). It's a creepy addiction, and I find the issue to be repulsive. I enjoy working out, I jogged with a friend today. I however, hate the gym.

Betty
03-28-2006, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I can see your point, it probably really depends on the person.

I don't go to the actual gym, so I don't really know firsthand. Although I'm sure some people, probably guys in particular, can become totally obsessed with themselves.

wheelchairman
03-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Here is a good (and hilarious) quotes from Mr. Schwarzenegger.

"It is as satisfying to me as coming is you know, as having sex with a woman and coming. So can you believe how much I am in heaven?. I am, like, getting the feeling of coming in the gym. I'm getting the feeling of coming at home. I'm getting the feeling of coming backstage when I pump up. When I pose out in front of 5.000 people I get the same feeling. So I'm coming day and night." regarding the feeling associated with bodybuilding, from the movie Pumping Iron.

sKratch
03-28-2006, 10:13 AM
yeah I've seen a video clip of that... it was pretty hilarious and awkward. And there are toolbags that walk past the mirrors every minute flexing at the gym here at school.

JohnnyNemesis
03-28-2006, 12:13 PM
My favorite is, on the street, when you catch some lady "casually" checkin herself out by catching her reflection in every car window and door she passes by, so that every five seconds you notice her turning her head to catch a quick glance.

Yeah, some people are pathetic.

Nina
03-28-2006, 12:17 PM
yeah, checking yourself out in EVERY mirror/similar might be an indication for a problem, but uh...I dont see anything unhealthy about it in general.

JohnnyNemesis
03-28-2006, 12:23 PM
It's not inherenty unhealthy, of course. But on a general level, it IS unhealthy, and the fact that it's so incredibly common doesn't change that. To be blunt, it just implies that appearance is way more important than anyone would conclude naturally (we DO conclude these things socially), which teaches way too much shame if anything is slightly less than ideal. Those who are complicit in this are kind of obvious victims.

It's really not a coincidence (and I don't think I need to qualify this TOO much, but I bet I'll be forced to) that the people who put so much emphasis on these things just happen to be the people who, typically, have the worst confidence/insecurity problems. Of course, it's not that simple, but the statement remains true.

Nina
03-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Hm. I'd add to your statement that it is usually the people at both ends who check their appearance regularly: the people with low self-confidence (like you said), and the people who have too much of said confidence.

The more I think about it, the more I start to believe that appearance might not be as "little" important as people always discuss. At least my own opinion concerning appearance and its effect on others has changed.

HeadAroundU
03-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Where's Simona? She loves mirrors! We need her opinion.

JohnnyNemesis
03-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Hm. I'd add to your statement that it is usually the people at both ends who check their appearance regularly: the people with low self-confidence (like you said), and the people who have too much of said confidence.

This is completely 100% true. I agree totally. I'd also like to add that those people who check their appearance often because they have too much confidence are also hiding the fact that they're not as confident as they seem; they're confident in their appearance but not confident in other aspects, and often overcompensate.

But not always; some people are just idiots.

The more I think about it, the more I start to believe that appearance might not be as "little" important as people always discuss.

I'd say you just need to meet more people then.

HeadAroundU
03-28-2006, 01:04 PM
This is completely 100% true. I agree totally. I'd also like to add that those people who check their appearance often because they have too much confidence are also hiding the fact that they're not as confident as they seem; they're confident in their appearance but not confident in other aspects, and often overcompensate.

But not always; some people are just idiots.

wow! I wonder how do you know all these things? I have nothing against you so don't be like just fucking die HAU!!! ok? please :)

Betty
03-28-2006, 01:24 PM
I was gonna say exactly what Rick said, regarding how those who may seem confident are not necessarily so, in whatever area of life.

My anecdote from this morning, possibly long-winded:

So I stayed up until 4:30 AM talking to my boys on MSN and doing a bit of homework, as per usual. I have class at 10. Ambitiously I set my alarm for 7 since I still had to finish my assignment. That didn't work out and I woke up at 9:50. It takes me 20 minutes to walk to school. But I really have to attend this class. So I figured maybe I could catch the bus if I got lucky. I threw on some clothes from the floor, put my hair in a ponytail (I haven't showered since... Sunday night... so my hair's all gross and greasy), didn't put deodorant on, didn't brush my teeth (yeah that's a little gross), grabbed my backpack and headed out the door. I saw the bus coming and ran to catch it. This happens to me probably 30-40% of mornings: rolling out of bed a few minutes before class and going to school in a totally disgusting state. I made it to class 5 minutes late.

ANYWAY, the girl standing beside me on the bus looked absolutely ridiculous. Bleached blond hair that looked like straw. It looked like she had straightened it but it mostly just looked all dried out and like, not flowing. Most people really can't pull off the bleached straightened hair look I find. She had on this MASCARA, seriously it looked as if she had clown eyelashes. Just terrible. She probably took forever making herself beautiful. So I thought to myself that even though I had rolled out of bed exhausted 5 minutes earlier, I probably looked a whole lot better than that.

I find the only time I really obsessively check myself in the mirror are on the days that I dress up and put on makeup and stuff, which isn't too often I guess.

Now I'll probably go take a shower.

JohnnyNemesis
03-28-2006, 03:20 PM
wow! I wonder how do you know all these things?

By actually living life.

Betty - I love that anecdote, even if you are totally gross. =P

Betty
03-28-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm super clean now. I even cleaned my room.

But I don't blame you if you don't think I'm attractive anymore, even my sexy feet. I don't make any illusions. Maybe my sim will be attracted to your smelly sim.

Endymion
03-28-2006, 04:03 PM
omg omg omg!

JohnnyNemesis
03-28-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm super clean now. I even cleaned my room.

But I don't blame you if you don't think I'm attractive anymore, even my sexy feet. I don't make any illusions. Maybe my sim will be attracted to your smelly sim.

Nah, you're hot as all fuck, I can't deny that.

Tizzalicious
03-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Nina is right.

I check myself in mirrors all the time too, which definitely isn't because I like what I see.

Little_Miss_1565
03-28-2006, 09:51 PM
I too check myself in mirrors and reflective surfaces. I think it's because I got so used to thinking of myself as a fat ugly hosebeast while I was in high school, because that's what everyone told me I was and then treated me accordingly. Now I'm a totally hot frickin' mama with curves to kill and/or die for. Can you blame me for looking?

Nina
03-28-2006, 11:16 PM
I'd say you just need to meet more people then.

:/

I dont think that this is the problem. Even if people dont admit it, looks are more important than they make it sound in arguments and such. It usually goes like this: "Nobody denies that looks arent important, because it is *insert biological reasons here*, blablabla, but it still matters how the personality of the person is, how he presents himself, his carma, blablabla".
And that's what I am refering to when I say that looks arent given enough credit. Even on the freaking NET it is like that, which shows that it's obviously in mankind's nature to, uh, value appearance a LOT.

HeadAroundU
03-29-2006, 04:21 AM
I say that looks are as important as personality.

and back to the mirrors, you know you don't see yourself because your eyes are designed to see everything except your face so you don't miss the chance to see yourself.

wheelchairman
03-29-2006, 04:25 AM
Looks don't matter at all. I spent long periods of time sabotaging my own looks, where everything I did was accomplished on the strength of my personality alone.

And no shit HAU, you missed the point.

Tizzalicious
03-29-2006, 04:29 AM
Are you saying you aren't sabotaging them anymore now?

HeadAroundU
03-29-2006, 04:29 AM
no shit WCM!!!!!!!11111 :eek:

JohnnyNemesis
03-29-2006, 07:11 AM
:/

I dont think that this is the problem. Even if people dont admit it, looks are more important than they make it sound in arguments and such. It usually goes like this: "Nobody denies that looks arent important, because it is *insert biological reasons here*, blablabla, but it still matters how the personality of the person is, how he presents himself, his carma, blablabla".
And that's what I am refering to when I say that looks arent given enough credit. Even on the freaking NET it is like that, which shows that it's obviously in mankind's nature to, uh, value appearance a LOT.

I didn't mean my earlier comment to mean or dismissive or anything like that! Sorry if it seemed that way.

I still don't think it's just mankind's nature to value appearance a lot, so much as it's something created socially. What I mean is that without social signals leading us to value looks, we would not think of them as important as we do now. They'd be important, sure, but would always be way less than secondary.

The examples you're giving are conversations I heard mostly when I was a younger teen, and I just haven't met many people since my younger days who are actually being dishonest when they say that looks hardly matter, and in most cases, do NOT matter at all. I've met so many people from all over the planet, different cultures, etc, who have had similar views that come from experience. Not that I'm just automatically right, of course, but I think it's pretty obvious.

I say that looks are as important as personality.

If you're looking for a boyfriend or girlfriend or something, than sure, that is true in most cases. Otherwise, it's just plain false.

Paint_It_Black
03-29-2006, 07:27 AM
I'm going to sort of randomly jump in, having skimmed a few of these replies.

I think that physical appearance is naturally important to humans, the social factors involved simply define what appearances we find to be good.

wheelchairman
03-29-2006, 07:30 AM
I've always wondered why it's pretty universal that everyone hates red-heads. (like the bright red-heads.)

DIE TIZZ!

Tizzalicious
03-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Lolz, you know you lurve me.

sKratch
03-29-2006, 07:34 AM
I've always wondered why it's pretty universal that everyone hates red-heads. (like the bright red-heads.)

DIE TIZZ!
I know a few really really hot red heads. Refuted.

JohnnyNemesis
03-29-2006, 07:34 AM
I gots me a redhead fetish. I fnuhing LOVE redheads.

JoY
03-29-2006, 07:35 AM
I look in the mirror tons of times (also windows, etc), because I'm always insecure about the way I look.

wheelchairman
03-29-2006, 07:40 AM
I'm not making this up. I know redheads who've had people tell them "I don't know why, but I always hated people with your color of hair."

Like this.

Ugly. :( Primarily the one on the right.

Edit: sorry about the gi-normous picture.

Tizzalicious
03-29-2006, 07:41 AM
Per, you suckface.

There are more people who love it.

Izie
03-29-2006, 07:45 AM
*bursts out laughing*

I am entertained.

Nina
03-29-2006, 10:10 AM
AAAAHHH Rick and Richard, I do agree that there are both biological and social reasons for looks to be important, but I wasnt discussing where the importance comes from; moreso that I cant understand it when people deny the *real* importance of appearance. I dunno, I guess we just dont agree.

Paint_It_Black
03-29-2006, 10:16 AM
I dunno, I guess we just dont agree.

As I said, I've only skimmed over this thread, so I wasn't intentionally agreeing or disagreeing with anyone.

I just skimmed over it again. Aren't we generally agreeing on this?

JohnnyNemesis
03-29-2006, 12:29 PM
AAAAHHH Rick and Richard, I do agree that there are both biological and social reasons for looks to be important, but I wasnt discussing where the importance comes from; moreso that I cant understand it when people deny the *real* importance of appearance. I dunno, I guess we just dont agree.

It's not denial; it's just not *real* to some people. Seriously. I think we can all agree that it's super important to other people, but most are being honest when they say it's not real to them...

HeadAroundU
03-29-2006, 12:33 PM
I cant understand it when people deny the *real* importance of appearance.
I bet they have a partner and they want to show that they have a great personality.

wheelchairman
03-29-2006, 12:40 PM
I think a large part of people's responses to that question is heavily dependent upon

1. What they want others to think of them
2. How much commitment they've put into looking good.
3. If looking good includes "looking good" personality wise, like a certain image.

Andy
03-29-2006, 12:47 PM
I haven't really paid much attention to this thread (I'll read it and give my thoughts later). However, I must applaud HAU's honesty with all this - few people would have the balls to actually admit they are shallow enough to choose looks over personality.

JohnnyNemesis
03-29-2006, 01:02 PM
I haven't really paid much attention to this thread (I'll read it and give my thoughts later). However, I must applaud HAU's honesty with all this - few people would have the balls to actually admit they are shallow enough to choose looks over personality.

It's really not that uncommon, especially when you find people who are willing to admit that they're lacking in the personality department. He's not exactly breaking the mold here.

HeadAroundU
03-29-2006, 01:10 PM
I said that looks are as important as a personality. I don't see how I have choosen looks over personality.

but I admit that I don't want to stare at ugly bitch all my life.