PDA

View Full Version : nooooooooooooooooooo

pmurph
03-27-2006, 10:13 AM
i was listening to some offspring on my couch with my personal cd player and when i woke up i fell off the couch i LANDED on my entire collection! americana and smash are completely screwed!

OddOneOut_Bassist
03-27-2006, 10:14 AM
i was listening to some offspring on my couch with my personal cd player and when i woke up i fell off the couch i LANDED on my entire collection! americana and smash are completely screwed!
lol hah i guess smash was in the right place at the right time... lol nah jk jk but man what shitty luck... those are two great albums... sry to hear that man

bd007h
03-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Smash got smashed

Corpse
03-27-2006, 10:22 AM
Smash got smashed

lol, i like the play on words, and in regards to the smashed cds, atleast they ar fairly easy to replace, not worrying bout cost tht is.

pmurph
03-27-2006, 10:39 AM
lol, i like the play on words, and in regards to the smashed cds, atleast they ar fairly easy to replace, not worrying bout cost tht is.
yeah but .....smash got smashed!!! *cries* all of the cds are in some way damaged.

Rutegard
03-27-2006, 11:01 AM
yeah but .....smash got smashed!!! *cries* all of the cds are in some way damaged.

gosh... :eek: :(

Drum Goddess
03-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Ha ha! You smashed Smash. Coincidence? I think not.

HeadAroundU
03-27-2006, 12:15 PM
God must hate sell-out albums. :)

Buy them again. :p

Dmarques
03-27-2006, 12:17 PM

yeah...maybe! :cool:

offspring_freak_3
03-27-2006, 12:55 PM

lol

just a tip man, buy it on ebay, its way more cheap ;)

Drum Goddess
03-27-2006, 02:07 PM

Are you one of those people too, who when a CD sells more than like 100 copies you consider it to be a sell out? I don't believe a band can sell out. I do however believe, that a bands fan base grows and as it grows more people buy the album. Being a sell out isn't bad. It means people like you, and like your music or whatever to the point where it sells millions of copies. Calling a band a sell out is bull shit. That's all I need to say for right now.

BIG Nicky
03-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Are you one of those people too, who when a CD sells more than like 100 copies you consider it to be a sell out? I don't believe a band can sell out. I do however believe, that a bands fan base grows and as it grows more people buy the album. Being a sell out isn't bad. It means people like you, and like your music or whatever to the point where it sells millions of copies. Calling a band a sell out is bull shit. That's all I need to say for right now.
agreed :D

Llamas
03-27-2006, 03:36 PM

selling out isn't having your cds sell a lot. Not at all. Smash was not a sellout album, because it was very much the offspring's style. Selling out is when you compromise for money. You change your music, you do something with your lyrics, you use gimmicks- in order to max on profit. The offspring did this with Americana. Pretty fly and wdygaj? were the songs the offspring wrote that sold them out. I still love them, and I like that album, but it, in fact, did sell them out.

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Download them. I lost Ixnay and had someone upload it for me. Its the same thing. Youd just be paying for the same thing twice :rolleyes:

Sinister
03-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Download them. I lost Ixnay and had someone upload it for me. Its the same thing. Youd just be paying for the same thing twice :rolleyes:

totally seconded. Heck, you can even get all their stuff from the site !

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-27-2006, 04:22 PM
You cant save it and burn it. But you can save it to your library. Thats what I did.

endlesst0m
03-27-2006, 04:59 PM

well someone stole all my offspring cd's. just burn them again, it'll take like 20 minutes.

Hux
03-27-2006, 05:21 PM
There is no justification for that, why would they be destroyed when you are listening to them???

Bad luck mate.

Human
03-27-2006, 05:21 PM
lol. that sucks ass.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
03-28-2006, 01:38 AM

hahaha, you smashed smash :D

But seriously...that sucks man, sorry :p

Drum Goddess
03-28-2006, 05:35 AM
selling out isn't having your cds sell a lot. Not at all. Smash was not a sellout album, because it was very much the offspring's style. Selling out is when you compromise for money. You change your music, you do something with your lyrics, you use gimmicks- in order to max on profit. The offspring did this with Americana. Pretty fly and wdygaj? were the songs the offspring wrote that sold them out. I still love them, and I like that album, but it, in fact, did sell them out.
I know that. But see, it obvious that Smash wasn't a sellout in that sense. So there's only one other way for it to be a sellout. They've never really changed their style drastically for the money or anything like that. That was Green Day that did that.

HeadAroundU
03-28-2006, 06:04 AM
haha...it was just joke so I'm not one of those people. I think "Ilovellamas" is right about the offspring and I'd like to add that Americana had to sell-out because they were at major label. I have no problem when my favourite bands are selling a lot of albums.

"I don't believe a band can sell out. Being a sell out isn't bad."
There is a little contradiction so be carefull what you are saying. It's not 100% clear but I think I know what you mean.

Llamas
03-28-2006, 12:36 PM
I know that. But see, it obvious that Smash wasn't a sellout in that sense. So there's only one other way for it to be a sellout. They've never really changed their style drastically for the money or anything like that. That was Green Day that did that.

So you mean to tell me that the style between smash and americana doesn't sound drastically different? And that songs like pretty fly and why don't you get a job aren't drastically different. Sorry, but those songs were written for mainstream success. The offspring even has said things about making sure they have atleast one pop gem on the cd... and green day didn't really change their sound... in fact, new green day sounds more like old green day than the same with offspring. but anyway, this isn't about green day.

Drum Goddess
03-28-2006, 12:41 PM
So you mean to tell me that the style between smash and americana doesn't sound drastically different? And that songs like pretty fly and why don't you get a job aren't drastically different. Sorry, but those songs were written for mainstream success. The offspring even has said things about making sure they have atleast one pop gem on the cd... and green day didn't really change their sound... in fact, new green day sounds more like old green day than the same with offspring. but anyway, this isn't about green day.
Ok, if a band had the same style forever never changed a damn thing, people would get bored w/ the band. So you have to change the music in a little for people to still really be interseted. It's called the music business. That's how it works. And old Green Day doesn't sound like new Green Day at all.

Llamas
03-28-2006, 12:48 PM
ever hear of bad religion? or the barenaked ladies? or u2? None of them changed their styles and people still love them to this day. That's a very flawed argument. Plus, the offspring could've easily changed their style NOT specifically toward radio success. Then they'd be changing their style so fans don't get bored, but they wouldn't be selling out. They didn't do that, though.
And you probably have some prejudice for thinking green day's style has changed that much. If I listen to 1039 and then to AI, it still sounds like BJ singing, it still sounds like tre drumming... I can tell a green day song from any era a thousand miles away, and I'm only a casual listener. With the offspring, they're my favorite band, and I don't like making playlists of all their music, because ignition and s/t doesn't sound like the same band as splinter and co1. And I'm a big fan, so I can recognize the similarities- before I was a big fan, I didn't like old offspring cause it didn't sound like the new stuff.

Drum Goddess
03-28-2006, 12:58 PM
ever hear of bad religion? or the barenaked ladies? or u2? None of them changed their styles and people still love them to this day. That's a very flawed argument. Plus, the offspring could've easily changed their style NOT specifically toward radio success. Then they'd be changing their style so fans don't get bored, but they wouldn't be selling out. They didn't do that, though.
And you probably have some prejudice for thinking green day's style has changed that much. If I listen to 1039 and then to AI, it still sounds like BJ singing, it still sounds like tre drumming... I can tell a green day song from any era a thousand miles away, and I'm only a casual listener. With the offspring, they're my favorite band, and I don't like making playlists of all their music, because ignition and s/t doesn't sound like the same band as splinter and co1. And I'm a big fan, so I can recognize the similarities- before I was a big fan, I didn't like old offspring cause it didn't sound like the new stuff.
As far as I know, not many people listen to the BL. And not many people outside of the punk world know who bad religion is. When you have the pressure on you to make good music that people wont get bored of after you make it, you have to change your style to a degree. It's called a formula. Every popular band does it. Now with Americana, the 2 songs you mention are Offspring sty lie. They're humorous, are they not? So they didn't really change their style. Is the album more modern? Yes. Even when a band says that pressure to make a good album doesn't bother them, it does. They're lying out of their asses when they say it doesn't. Its the business. Its the criteria need to be met for making a good album so you don't end up back underground where you started. And when it took you 10 years to get above ground, you definitely don't wanna go back under.
But with GD it was different. They changed everything, from the music to their style, because that's whats popular. They didn't want to go back underground and that's where they were headed if they didn't change. So they change to satisfy the larger number of people.

Llamas
03-28-2006, 01:07 PM
your argument is so biased it's not even funny... YOU don't know many people who listen to BNL- try going to a concert and see how many people like them. More than the offspring, actually. And who cares if BR is not mainstream? They don't want to be- they chose to be huge in the underground world. That doesn't change the fact that they have tons of fans who haven't tired of them even though they haven't changed their music style.
pretty fly and wdygaj? LYRICALLY were offspring songs- NOT musically. You didn't even address a major part of my argument, either.

And please, tell me what's SO different about green day's musical and lyrical style between 1039 and AI. Lyrically, the only difference is that they've matured to talking about broader issues instead of just their private lives (they can't continue to write about songs like basketcase and longview when they aren't angry teenagers living at home anymore)... and musically, the only main difference is that the new stuff is more produced. But whatever, you're really not worth arguing with... I am finished with this.

jacknife737
03-28-2006, 01:56 PM
And please, tell me what's SO different about green day's musical and lyrical style between 1039 and AI. Lyrically, the only difference is that they've matured to talking about broader issues instead of just their private lives (they can't continue to write about songs like basketcase and longview when they aren't angry teenagers living at home anymore)... and musically, the only main difference is that the new stuff is more produced. But whatever, you're really not worth arguing with... I am finished with this.

Well Warning sounds nothing like any other Green Day album.

Llamas
03-28-2006, 07:18 PM
I think it does... it was mellower, and they used some different instruments, but the style wasn't all that much different, and the lyrics were definitely green day. If I had heard it at any point, I would've known it was them. Also, the changes it made were NOT toward radio success.

jacknife737
03-28-2006, 08:06 PM
I think it does... it was mellower, and they used some different instruments, but the style wasn't all that much different, and the lyrics were definitely green day. If I had heard it at any point, I would've known it was them. Also, the changes it made were NOT toward radio success.

Don't get me wrong, this is one of my favourite Green Day albums but come on it sounds totally different. The sound was lighter, more pop orientated, songs like warning/minority were certainly geared to have more radio success.

Llamas
03-28-2006, 09:02 PM
moreso than time of your life? I doubt it... :-/

thecavedog
03-29-2006, 02:07 AM
hehe He smashed smash... A year ago I crashed my car and guess what song was playing??? SMASH!

Llamas
03-29-2006, 03:37 AM
my friend got in a car accident once while the song "ironic" by alanis morissette was playing... :P