PDA

View Full Version : read this

ystrdaylaughstomorowcries
03-27-2006, 03:10 PM
i don't recon we get enough feedback from the guys! we tell em how great they are 24/7 and what for? to hav the satisfaction of no reply at all!!! cmon, that's not fair. they've only posted 2 news articles on their site in the past 4 or 5 months!!! seriously guys, if someone compliments you, you at least say thanks, or you're just damn rude. they have no respect for their fans whatsoever.
I want people's opinions on this, good or bad, so tell wot u recon.

offspring_freak_3
03-27-2006, 03:14 PM
dexter writes journals every week, but i kinda agree with you, but if they r not doing something new, i cant see why they would put any update on the side, i mean they should post new things about the new albums yes, besides that i cant see why

ystrdaylaughstomorowcries
03-27-2006, 03:19 PM
thanks. i no they aint doin nuthin. what i partly ment was on myspace, for those who have myspace, you can email them, post comments, but at the end of the day, they NEVER mail back. dammit i even said happy birthday on dexter's birthday, and i thought that's pretty damn thoughtful, and not even a thank you in my in box.

offspring_freak_3
03-27-2006, 03:21 PM
i really cant see why bands have myspace

pretty_fly_white_guy858
03-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Yeah. Really pointless. And just for the record ystrdylfstmrwcrs, I dont think Dexter checks his messages EVERY day. He does have a life..

Hux
03-27-2006, 05:25 PM
He can't read everything and say thank you to everything, maybe just a thread or journal saying their thanks to everything. Maybe on some occassions when something unique and special is said, but you know...

Also, similar threads like this have been done before.

DeAtHsTaR
03-27-2006, 05:27 PM
thanks. i no they aint doin nuthin. what i partly ment was on myspace, for those who have myspace, you can email them, post comments, but at the end of the day, they NEVER mail back. dammit i even said happy birthday on dexter's birthday, and i thought that's pretty damn thoughtful, and not even a thank you in my in box.
They probably get hundreds of letters a day, dumbass. Noodles has posted on these forums at least 100 times also.

DeAtHsTaR
03-27-2006, 05:28 PM
So people can hear them? It's a great site for up and coming bands.

Hux
03-27-2006, 05:35 PM
They probably get hundreds of letters a day, dumbass. Noodles has posted on these forums at least 100 times also.
Exactly, and probably similar or pointless letters.

bd007h
03-27-2006, 05:37 PM
So people can hear them? It's a great site for up and coming bands.

exactly. And they also post tour dates and stuff. Some bands myspaces are updated more often than their official websites.

Llamas
03-27-2006, 08:55 PM
I bet dexter got 3,000 "happy birthday messages". and probably didn't read most of them.

.:SMASH:.
03-27-2006, 10:08 PM
im happy they are posting journals as much as they are. they used to like never do it all

JohnnyNemesis
03-27-2006, 10:24 PM

To promote. Obviously.

And I'm embarassed I ever read this thread :(

Eternal Yamcha
03-28-2006, 01:17 AM
...Why do we need recognition? Did you care before joining these forums that they didn't give you special recognition? Honestly I don't see why anyone should complain... Dexter writes journals often, shouldn't that be enough? They also do interviews with media sources every once in a while and I'm sure when their album gets closer to being completed, there'll be TONS of updates and news articles about it both here and in a thousand different places.

OddOneOut_Bassist
03-28-2006, 12:10 PM
...Why do we need recognition? Did you care before joining these forums that they didn't give you special recognition? Honestly I don't see why anyone should complain... Dexter writes journals often, shouldn't that be enough? They also do interviews with media sources every once in a while and I'm sure when their album gets closer to being completed, there'll be TONS of updates and news articles about it both here and in a thousand different places.
Yes, i think Yamcha is very correct. Just wait around for journal entries. They will come and you never know, maybe eventually Dexter or something next year will put in a thanks from the birthday greetings.

Amazed
03-29-2006, 06:31 AM
i don't recon we get enough feedback from the guys! we tell em how great they are 24/7 and what for? to hav the satisfaction of no reply at all!!! cmon, that's not fair. they've only posted 2 news articles on their site in the past 4 or 5 months!!! seriously guys, if someone compliments you, you at least say thanks, or you're just damn rude. they have no respect for their fans whatsoever.
I want people's opinions on this, good or bad, so tell wot u recon.

I disagree with you. I think it's really cool that Dexter writes journals, and that both he and Noodles have posted on these forums is just great. I think they care a lot about their fans, and that's pretty unusual for such a famous band. The fact they that have posted here at all is, to me, amazing. This has been said before, but I'll say it again: They do have lives other than music. They have families. And I think they would be a pretty shitty band if all they did was post on their forums. Stop whining.