watch this out! it's incredible... :eek: :eek: :eek:
http://www.compfused.com/directlink/603/

...awesome...

el_monkey
03-30-2006, 12:09 PM
iz y'all too lazy o' what?

Jebus
03-30-2006, 05:48 PM
You need better taste in instrumental music. That is all.

That_Guy91
03-30-2006, 07:16 PM
That's not even the best video of him i've seen.

T-6005
03-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Michael Angelo is an absolutely insane guitarist - but to be honest, I don't like that at all. Excessive wanking around is just not my thing.

coke_a_holic
03-30-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm with T, I'd much rather hear a guy who plays slow with some kind of feeling to what he's playing than a guy showing us how he can use both his hands to play something robotic.

T-6005
03-30-2006, 08:47 PM
I'm with T, I'd much rather hear a guy who plays slow with some kind of feeling to what he's playing than a guy showing us how he can use both his hands to play something robotic.
Someone who can do both with the same kind of wildly presonal emotion is best.

Personally, I'm not into the progressive metal scene that seems to try to do that. Raw bluesy sounds, though - Oh my god. Eric Clapton - nothing else needs to be said.

coke_a_holic
03-30-2006, 09:25 PM
yesyesyesyesyes. Eric Clapton is amazing. I also love Jimmy Page and Stevie Ray Vaughan. The blues are the pwnz.

barangatang
03-30-2006, 09:34 PM
yesyesyesyesyes. Eric Clapton is amazing. I also love Jimmy Page and Stevie Ray Vaughan. The blues are the pwnz.
Let's not forget B.B. king.

coke_a_holic
03-30-2006, 09:39 PM
Ha, he slipped my mind. This is proof that I'm in need of sleep. If the first name that comes to mind when I think of the blues isn't BB King, I'm not feeling like myself. See you all later. *crashes on floor*

T-6005
03-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Ha, he slipped my mind. This is proof that I'm in need of sleep. If the first name that comes to mind when I think of the blues isn't BB King, I'm not feeling like myself. See you all later. *crashes on floor*
To be honest, for me - Eric Clapton, SRV, BB King.

That's the order. And if somehow I'm dissing the blues - then whatever. I listen to what I believe sounds good at the time. I like BB King, but his raw blues sound gets a bit predictable. Same with SRV - Eric Clapton is really the apex of emotional blues for me.

Jebus
03-31-2006, 12:29 AM
I could never really get into blues guitaring. Pentatonic wankage isn't really my thing.

I always liked the more exotic sounds in the more diverse genre of jazz. For example, recently I've been heavily into John Mclaughlin's work. One particular project that I especially enjoyed was his work in The Guitar Trio with Paco De Lucia and Al Dimeola. The amount of talent in this trio seriously is the pwnzors. I'm not exactly sure how to classify the type music they play but it's basically three guys with acoustic guitars and nothing else. The music ranges from jazz, flamenco, Indian, middle eastern, to Brazilian. It takes a lot of careful listening to really get into them. In a sense, some of it is almost analytical since you need to carefully follow each note one by one to understand the whole picture. The melodies aren't always "obvious" so it's not the type of music you leave playing in the background while doing other stuff. By the most part, the soloing is probably improvised. No one comes even close to those guys in the improvisational field. You can't touch them. They're able to mix wonderfully emotional playing with their superior technique and speed when necessary that would make any metal shredder blush. Check these two songs to see what I mean.

Beyond the Mirage (http://media.putfile.com/The-Guitar-Trio---Beyond-the-mirage)
La Estiba (http://media.putfile.com/The-Guitar-Trio---Lat-Estiba)

*finishes whoring*

el_monkey
03-31-2006, 08:49 AM
hm.. I like vaughan too, but as a guitatist I just got stunned by his ( michael's )
speed. coordination and strength ( when he lifts the guitar into the air )
and his guitar is awesome

pyromaniac
03-31-2006, 06:50 PM
watch this out! it's incredible... :eek: :eek: :eek:
http://www.compfused.com/directlink/603/

...awesome...
Even though I have seen that video before,
It still puts me in awe every time i see it.
I like the fast-heavy stuff. :D

mrconeman
03-31-2006, 09:12 PM
Good God, please stop raping that hidious guitar.
Hes amazingly technically proficiant, but he really needs to learn to play music, not wankage.
That bit when he was going from neck to neck slapping the strings was hilarious though, he looked like such a moron.