PDA

View Full Version : Calling Offspring Fans.

F@ BANKZ
03-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Just wondering, how long have you guys been offspring fans, how did you become one and how many songs do you know by heart. And your faveroute song.

Me, i'll be honest, i've been a fan for only about six months, since listening to Americana one day when i was really bored and The Kids Arn't Alright. I know about 50 songs by heart. Song; Still The Kids Arn't Alright

offspring_freak_3
03-29-2006, 08:50 AM
8 years, i was listening the cd (americana) in the car with my friend i didnt knew the band, after hear pretty fly and tkaa i started to like them, i know all the songs

(i'm so lazy right now) lol

Demon_of_Debauchery
03-29-2006, 09:02 AM
I first heard The Offspring when Smash came out I was only 4 but my brothers listened to them and I liked it. I don't know what my favourite song is as they are all so good its hard to choose.

Dexie
03-29-2006, 09:07 AM
Just wondering, how long have you guys been offspring fans, how did you become one and how many songs do you know by heart. And your faveroute song.

Me, i'll be honest, i've been a fan for only about six months, since listening to Americana one day when i was really bored and The Kids Arn't Alright. I know about 50 songs by heart. Song; Still The Kids Arn't Alright

Hi I have been a fan of The Offspring for about 8 yrs and I know the songs from The Offspring, Ignition, Smash, Ixny on The Hombre, Americana and a few songs from the newer albums.

F@ BANKZ
03-29-2006, 09:42 AM
actually i dont have 1 faveroue song i like; The Noose, Gone Away, Get it Right and Self esteem on top of TKAA

Hypodermic_89
03-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Been a fan for seven years. Smash got me hooked. Favorite song (right now): LAPD

Joakoman
03-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Gone Away, The Kids Aren't Alright, L.A.P.D, Can't Repeat, Long Way Home, The Meaning of life, Amazed, Bad Habit, Come out and play, It'll Be a Long Time, Something to believe in.

Little_Miss_1565
03-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Almost 10 years now. And I've been on offspring.com for almost as long. GodDAMN i'm a nerd.

I know all the songs pretty much by heart except for the ones on Splinter because my musical tastes now have gotten too widespread to handle. Today, my favorite is "Forever and a Day"

offspring fan
03-29-2006, 10:06 AM
been a fan for 8 years. i got ixnay for my birthday and thay have been my favorite band sense then. i know pretty mutch all the songs. my favorite is dirty magic.

forcyn
03-29-2006, 10:23 AM
I've been a fan for 4 years or something like that. Beheaded is my fav one

offspring_freak_3
03-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Gone Away, The Kids Aren't Alright, L.A.P.D, Can't Repeat, Long Way Home, The Meaning of life, Amazed, Bad Habit, Come out and play, It'll Be a Long Time, Something to believe in.
its not a fav song thread lol

Emily_offspring_fan
03-29-2006, 01:07 PM
I have been a CRAZY fan for about one year now. But I like The Offspring since I was eight and I used to see Pretty Fly video on MTV...i remember me singing pretty fly :p haha but i was a little girl without music sense.
i know all offspring songs and i don't have a fav one, i like every song, some more than others but i can't choose one.

idiocyisavirtue
03-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Been a fan for about 3 or 4 years since my cousin made a CD for me with some Offspring songs on. My fave is Gotta Get Away

OddOneOut_Bassist
03-29-2006, 02:12 PM
i think it was since i first heard self esteem and come out and play once when i was like 8 yrs old... i'm only 14 now and i can remember my cousin walking down the road when i heard em and she had her walkmen on. she taped off soem offspring and i asked her what she was listening to. she told me and let me listen... i was hooked! i like Gone Away, TKAA, Mota, Elders, Self Esteem, Come Out And Play... and whatever else... i like lots of stuff... its all good :cool:

OddOneOut_Bassist
03-29-2006, 02:14 PM
Gone Away, The Kids Aren't Alright, L.A.P.D, Can't Repeat, Long Way Home, The Meaning of life, Amazed, Bad Habit, Come out and play, It'll Be a Long Time, Something to believe in.lol goooo offspring_freak! you tell him :cool:

offspring_freak_3
03-29-2006, 02:16 PM
haha WTF?!?

one_fine_day
03-29-2006, 02:57 PM
I've been a fan for about 4 years now... i got into them at first when I saw the music video for Defy You on TV.. and before that i've heard come out and play and self esteem on the radio alot.. then i realized it was the same band and i started buying their albums. I don't have a favorite song.. because i like too many of them equally to have a favorite. i know most of the songs by heart.. the only ones i'm pretty unfamiliar with are the songs that aren't on any of the albums.. like 100 punks, defy you, can't repeat, etc...

bouncingcoles
03-29-2006, 03:12 PM
i first got americana in 99 then i became a hardcore fan with conspiracy of one in 2000

Eternal Yamcha
03-29-2006, 04:06 PM
I think I heard Come Out and Play when Smash was new... The "first" time I heard Come Out and Play (that I can clearly remember) was about 4 years ago. I became a "fan" back in 1998 when Americana was new... I remember listening to Pretty Fly for a White Guy back then and loved the song, had no damn clue who the band was.

Come 2001 and I listened to "Come Out Swinging" and liked that song too... Had no clue who did it. Then I listened to a number of songs off of CO1 before FINALLY learning that The Offspring did Pretty Fly for a White Guy... So yeah, 5 years now for certain. I have most of their songs memorized. Favorite to date would have to be Gone Away. It's going to be hard to get me liking another song more than that one.

Dex90
03-29-2006, 04:40 PM
i remember hearing pretty fly when it came out and i liked it, but i was too young to actually understand how good it was.. so 6 years ago when i bought co1 i became a hardcore fan...i know all of them off by heart...there are too many to choose from for a favourite but ill give you best 8: Crossroads
Nothing From Something
Genocide
Meaning Of Life
Have You Ever/Americana/Pay the man (can't decide, its 2 hard)
Million Miles Away
The Noose
Can't Repeat

BIG Nicky
03-29-2006, 06:37 PM
i gotta say ive beem a fan for about 3 years now.....

times fly when listening to the offspring :D :p

peace out

offspringdude17
03-30-2006, 12:26 AM
i am a fan for about 8 years now and i love the offspring more and more and more. and my fav song is well she's got isseus.

Hux
03-30-2006, 02:51 AM
When I was six, but I got more into them over the years considering my mind was broadening and developing at that age.

.:SMASH:.
03-30-2006, 03:19 AM
about half my life

guitarboy
03-30-2006, 07:30 AM
about six years i know all of the smash album's songs by heart and almost everything on the greatist hits dvd my fav song has to be self esteem

German Andres
03-30-2006, 07:46 AM
I have been an Offspring fan for about 3 years, when I listened Staring at the Sun. I know all the songs by heart ( I cant listen to a song without knowing the lyrics). No, it is a joke, I dont know Defy You , Cant Repeat and Huck It.
My favourite song: Get it Right, and Dirty Magic. :cool:

Superdope
03-30-2006, 07:56 AM
i have vague memories of smash, but i wasnīt before Americana came out (my first album with these guys) i really got to know them.

I remember being in a record store with my brother (long time offspring fan) in '98 or something. americana was new, and he was going to buy it. thatīs when he said the most important words in my life: "This band kicks ass!"

I know the lyrics to all of their songs, and some of my favourites are:
Blackball, pretty much everything off of ignition, gotta get away, self esteem, me and my old lady etc.

Peedr
03-30-2006, 08:38 AM
I really fell in love with 'em maybe last year or before 2 years, but I like them since 1998 when Americana came out. But it was before 7 years, I was only 9 and wasn't loving music that much. Now, it's the best band ever for me! And it's pretty hard to choose favorite song (I like all their stuff), but ones most fav are: Can't Repeat, Genocide, Gone Away, Amazed, The End Of the Line, Dammit, I Changed Again and Elders.

ruroken
03-30-2006, 09:06 AM
Uh... last year. And... uh... I know... uh... does it count if you only know the lyrics when you actually hear the song?

F@ BANKZ
03-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Uh... last year. And... uh... I know... uh... does it count if you only know the lyrics when you actually hear the song?
No, no it doesn't

ruroken
03-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Then I know Genocide, Gone Away, and Something To Believe In.

nerv
03-30-2006, 10:44 AM
a friend of mine told me about the offspring in grade 5 and how one of their songs was "FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK" (the begining to session on ignition)
WELL i just HAD to hear this awesome band that said such words as fuck

first album i ever got was ixnay, loved it, bought all the other ones.
i have every offspring album. also the first song i learnt on the guitar 6 years ago was gone away. SURE i played it horribly wrong at the time but i learnt how to play guitar by playing nothing but offspring and metallica hahahhaa mostly offspring though

they've been my favorite band since

Hux
03-30-2006, 03:47 PM
a friend of mine told me about the offspring in grade 5 and how one of their songs was "FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK" (the begining to session on ignition)
You had to because they swore :p.

Llamas
03-30-2006, 07:01 PM
7 years. Americana was my first album, Ixnay was what got me hooked. wdygaj? got me to buy americana, and the four singles off Ixnay got me to buy that... which got me to buy all the rest before that one. Don't have a favorite song, though "I'll be waiting" might be it.

thecavedog
03-31-2006, 12:46 AM
Full blown fan for 6 years.

I was still a young kid when i went over to my older friends house and he had Smash there. He was listening to music (not necessarily offspring) and one song he played was so cool - Self Esteem.... so he played a couple of other songs and on came Pretty Fly (caught my attention).... and so it went on... I didnt know who the offspring were, but all the cool songs he played was offspring songs.... so time went by and one day in 2000 they played original prankster on the tv... so I rushed out and bought Co1 ------ HOOKED!!!

Fav songs.... Living in chaos, Gotta get away, and I love all of Ignition

PS. Can't wait for the new cd :cool:

Kaz The Random
03-31-2006, 01:43 AM
Can't remember when I started liking them exactly, a few years ago. My sis bought Americana, and I fell in love with every song. I have no idea which songs I know off by heart. I end up singing along to most songs without realising I know the words. Some of my favs are; smash, americana, bad habit, what happened to you, have you ever.

nerv
03-31-2006, 05:36 AM
You had to because they swore :p.

yep pretty much hahahaha
even though session was not the first song i heard.
to be honest i can't think of the first offspring song i heard, but i love em anyways!
amazing how one word like "fuck" can make someone love a band hahahaha

F@ BANKZ
03-31-2006, 08:22 AM
amazing how one word like "fuck" can make someone love a band hahahaha

amen to that :D

ruroken
03-31-2006, 08:45 AM

dat is so punx1

...you dont seriously still think that, right?

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-31-2006, 11:27 PM
Four years. A friend bought Smash and I borrowed it and never returned it. I probably memorized a good 40 Offspring songs. My favorite song is "Bad Habit".

grunge
04-01-2006, 12:38 AM
I've listened to The Offspring for 5 or 6 years. First time I heard it when the friend of my cousin gave him a CO1. I' ve heard Denial, Revisited and I was amazing and shocked by their music. And I'm still listening to it