PDA

View Full Version : All along i still believed in you!

bouncingcoles
03-30-2006, 05:53 PM
i think all along is a great song. although its kinda a filler song on CO1 i still think its one of the best songs on the cd. what do you guys think of this song?

Llamas
03-30-2006, 05:57 PM
definitely filler and possibly my least favorite song on that cd.

JohnnyNemesis
03-30-2006, 06:05 PM
"All Along" is one of my favorites on Co1, and always has been. I hate when people say it's filler just because it isn't annoying pop emo bullshit like "Want You Bad".

DeAtHsTaR
03-30-2006, 06:12 PM
"All Along" is one of my favorites on Co1, and always has been. I hate when people say it's filler just because it isn't annoying pop emo bullshit like "Want You Bad".
Such a great post until that word. The only song on that album, or any Offspring song for that matter, that even comes close to emo is Denial, Revisited.

And no, Want You Bad is not about a guy that wants a girl badly. ;)

JohnnyNemesis
03-30-2006, 06:15 PM
Such a great post until that word. The only song on that album, or any Offspring song for that matter, that even comes close to emo is Denial, Revisited.

Emo is a SOUND more than a lyric topic.

And no, Want You Bad is not about a guy that wants a girl badly. ;)

We all know that.

offspring_freak_3
03-30-2006, 06:20 PM
word .

DeAtHsTaR
03-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Emo is a SOUND more than a lyric topic.

Either way, Want You Bad is a pop-punk song, a la older Green Day.

Little_Miss_1565
03-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Either way, Want You Bad is a pop-punk song, a la older Green Day.

Older Green Day is about looking at girls in libraries and being too shy to say anything to them (and the music reflects that), not S&M-type shit.

Additionally, "All Along" is fucking fantastic.

punker
03-30-2006, 08:17 PM
All along is great, is one of the few fast songs on CO1 so is one of my favourites

Ninty Man
03-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Nearly all the CO 1 album its good (except Living in chaos)

want you bad it's a cool song

0r4ng3
03-30-2006, 08:19 PM
All Along is great and all, but Living in Chaos and (to a lesser degree) Special Delivery are two awesome songs which are sometimes unappreciated.

JohnnyNemesis
03-30-2006, 08:22 PM
Living In Chaos might be the best Offspring song ever ever ever.

Hypodermic_89
03-30-2006, 09:15 PM
All along is awesome song. Totally one of my favorites on Co1

Hux
03-30-2006, 09:24 PM
All Along is a great fast song and fits in well. It has an awesome sound.

DeAtHsTaR
03-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Older Green Day is about looking at girls in libraries and being too shy to say anything to them (and the music reflects that), not S&M-type shit.

And you just changed the subject. JohnnyNemesis said the MUSIC was emo, not the lyrics. And then I said no, the music is pop-punk, a la older Green Day. I NEVER MENTIONED LYRICS IN THAT POST. And then your stank ass came and said no, Green Day didn't write lyrics about S&M! Way to read.

thecavedog
03-30-2006, 11:37 PM
WOW!!! its weird how our tastes in offspring songs are so different. All along is my least fav offspring song (after a few covers like Killboy Powerhead and Feelings - hate it). On the other hand, the other guy said that Living in chaos is the worst song on that cd. Well Living in chaos is my combined fav song ever along with Gotta get away.

I dont know what it is, but i REALLY dont like All along. But the other day I amazed myself when i actually liked All along.

.:SMASH:.
03-30-2006, 11:58 PM
i personally dont like all along at all. infact, it's in my least favorites.

OnSpring!
03-31-2006, 12:23 AM
It was telling, THE WORDS UNSPOKEN!!!

It's very cool this song, one of my favourite of Co1, and because of it's brevity it's not annoying!

Peedr
03-31-2006, 06:19 AM
I don't know why so many people here don't like All Along and many other songs on CO1. It's my second favourite album where are awesome songs like Dammit, I Changed Again, Living In Chaos, Vultures and All Along too. I like em' sooo!

OneFineDay
03-31-2006, 07:24 AM
i really like all along and i also like the whole album, because there are great songs on it like come out swinging, million miles away, dammit i changed again, special delivery, ...

SaiKYoU
03-31-2006, 07:28 AM
i really like all along lyrics, it's a good short song, but still prefeer so alone from smash... or hand granades! :cool:

noodlesisalliwant
03-31-2006, 07:40 AM
I agree, All Along is an awesome song, one of the best on CO1 in my opinion, but then again I'm not too fond of that album...I mean It's good but it doesn't stand out from the rest, well for me anways.

SaiKYoU
03-31-2006, 08:27 AM
Yeah, conspiracy is too "Prankster and Want you bad"
at least we've Vultures!

The Search Button
03-31-2006, 08:33 AM
CO1 is the most underrated offspring cd. It has some great songs in there.And if you look carefully it's a great cd by itself. The problem starts when you compare it to SMASH or IXNAY. It's not worst it's just different.

oh yeah and all along kick some ass.

Corpse
03-31-2006, 08:48 AM
Yeah, conspiracy is too "Prankster and Want you bad"
at least we've Vultures!

Vultures was simply the best song on CO1, without a doubt.

DeAtHsTaR
03-31-2006, 09:23 AM
WOW!!! its weird how our tastes in offspring songs are so different. All along is my least fav offspring song (after a few covers like Killboy Powerhead and Feelings - hate it). On the other hand, the other guy said that Living in chaos is the worst song on that cd. Well Living in chaos is my combined fav song ever along with Gotta get away.

I dont know what it is, but i REALLY dont like All along. But the other day I amazed myself when i actually liked All along.
Uh why do people think Feelings is a cover? It's a PARODY.

rlplaymaker
03-31-2006, 09:29 AM
:o

dude, do you even know what EMO is???

Emily_offspring_fan
03-31-2006, 09:31 AM
All Along? It's a good song, but the best songs of Co1 in my opinion are Vultures and Huck It.

rlplaymaker
03-31-2006, 09:46 AM
Huck it wasnt on CO1........

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2006, 09:52 AM
:o

dude, do you even know what EMO is???

Yes, I do. And I can also distinguish between real EMO and fake EMO, which Want You Bad would fall under.

It was on some International versions.

DeAtHsTaR
03-31-2006, 09:53 AM
I guess it was on the European version.

Us Americans never get the extras... but I did get one of the rare copie with live versions of Staring at the Sun and All I Want as track 14 and 15!

rlplaymaker
03-31-2006, 09:54 AM
Yes, I do. And I can also distinguish between real EMO and fake EMO, which Want You Bad would fall under.

It was on some International versions.

emo=emotional punk, and a lot of other garbage...........want you bad is NOT even close to EMO, but it is horribly poppy...........and as for Huck It....i didint know it was on some int'l versions, cool

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2006, 10:03 AM
emo=emotional punk

That definition is WAY too narrow and inaccurate. Plus, I already said it falls into FAKE emo, not the real stuff you seem to be explaining.

and a lot of other garbage...........want you bad is NOT even close to EMO, but it is horribly poppy..........

I already said it falls into FAKE emo, not the real stuff you seem to be explaining.

DeAtHsTaR
03-31-2006, 10:26 AM
I already said it falls into FAKE emo, not the real stuff you seem to be explaining.
Fake emo is Hawthorne Heights and MCR. Want You Bad is pop-punk, which is why it sounds like every other 90s POP PUNK BAND!

Jakebert
03-31-2006, 12:11 PM
I don't like All Along that much. It's just really forgettable.

scream
03-31-2006, 01:08 PM
People misconceive songs that aren't singles as filler songs. I dig All Along especially for it's passionate voice.

Gayman
03-31-2006, 02:14 PM
All Along is really great fast song!!! I personally like it!!! I like the album too...I don't know why many people dislike it so much. :confused:

Emily_offspring_fan
03-31-2006, 02:22 PM

Yes it IS. In the Argentinian version ^^

Gayman
03-31-2006, 02:31 PM
In the Finland version it is in too

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2006, 04:21 PM
I already covered that, geniuses.

Ninty Man
03-31-2006, 05:51 PM

Well, I dont dislike All along, but I dislike Living in Chaos

And I like (almost) all the album

Eternal Yamcha
03-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Co1 is probably one of my favorite albums from them... It ranks among The Offspring, Ignition, Smash, Ixnay, Americana and Splinter... What? I don't have a favorite album. Though it has a bit of sentimental value to me since it was the first Offspring CD that I listened to. I just don't get how people say Co1 was a terrible album, it has some okay songs... And quite a few gems on it.

All Along is definately a great song, it's a little short for my taste, but then again, All I Want is a short song and look how hard that song rocks.

Llamas
03-31-2006, 11:20 PM
co1 has some pure shit (original prankster, want you bad, special delivery, one fine day, all along), a LOT of mediocre songs (come out swinging, dammit, denial, conspiracy of one) and a few GOOD songs (MMA, living in chaos, vultures). In the end, it averages out to be a really average album. That's why I rank it at the bottom.

and all along... it's too simple and boring, it doesn't sound like a song they spent more than 4 minutes writing. That's why I think it's filler.

want you bad is NOT emo. Emo is not a sound of music- if it is, how do you define that sound? and even if you can define it, want you bad doesn't sound ANYTHING like fall out boy, or juliana theory, or dashboard... etc. want you bad is a crappy pop punk song.

Peedr
04-01-2006, 01:04 AM
Yeah, conspiracy is too "Prankster and Want you bad"No way! It is not! There are only Original Pranster and Want You Bad (maybe One Fine Day) that style on CO1 (if you mean it's poppy), all the other songs are different style and I think on CO1 there are lots of different styles, but in the end, I like this album. There is something indescribably what I love on this one.

Hux
04-01-2006, 02:44 AM
No way! It is not! There are only Original Pranster and Want You Bad (maybe One Fine Day) that style on CO1 (if you mean it's poppy), all the other songs are different style and I think on CO1 there are lots of different styles
True, it's just got like two songs which are poppy, the rest are all much faster and have a unique touch.

Lithuanian Offspring
04-01-2006, 05:15 AM
I already covered that, geniuses.
Dude, chill out. You are way too uptight. Chill out not for everyone else but for yourself. Unless, of course, you get pleasure from being uptight. In that case go right ahead.

bouncingcoles
04-01-2006, 09:01 AM
CO1 is the most underrated offspring cd. It has some great songs in there.And if you look carefully it's a great cd by itself. The problem starts when you compare it to SMASH or IXNAY. It's not worst it's just different.

oh yeah and all along kick some ass.

i agree. CO1 is great! its got a lot of solid songs.

Little_Miss_1565
04-01-2006, 09:46 AM
And you just changed the subject. JohnnyNemesis said the MUSIC was emo, not the lyrics. And then I said no, the music is pop-punk, a la older Green Day. I NEVER MENTIONED LYRICS IN THAT POST. And then your stank ass came and said no, Green Day didn't write lyrics about S&M! Way to read.

Oh shit, Dain, I'm sorry I changed the subject, I had no idea this wasn't allowed on a fucking discussion board. I'll be sure to follow the rules next time.

I was referring to "Want You Bad" being about S&M, genius. Way to think.

Jakebert
04-01-2006, 09:55 AM
want you bad is NOT emo. Emo is not a sound of music- if it is, how do you define that sound? and even if you can define it, want you bad doesn't sound ANYTHING like fall out boy, or juliana theory, or dashboard... etc. want you bad is a crappy pop punk song.

How is emo not a sound of music? Modern mainstream emo definitely has a sound to it. Early emo just sounded like regular hardcore so it didn't have a sound, but new emo definitely has a specific sound, which is why all of the bands sound the exact same.

one_fine_day
04-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Nearly all the CO 1 album its good (except Living in chaos)

want you bad it's a cool song

Living in Chaos is one of my favorite songs from that album! I actually think all the songs are great except for Want You Bad.

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2006, 11:01 AM
How is emo not a sound of music? Modern mainstream emo definitely has a sound to it. Early emo just sounded like regular hardcore so it didn't have a sound, but new emo definitely has a specific sound, which is why all of the bands sound the exact same.

Thank you. Thank you muchly for explaining this. You're a far more patient man than I am.

want you bad doesn't sound ANYTHING like fall out boy

Actually, it sounds so much like Fall Out Boy that it fucking hirts.

DeAtHsTaR
04-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Thank you. Thank you muchly for explaining this. You're a far more patient man than I am.

Actually, it sounds so much like Fall Out Boy that it fucking hirts.
It sounds more like Green Day than Fall Out Boy though... and FOB isn't really emo, they're pop-rock and just riding the emo wave.

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2006, 11:18 AM
They're fake emo, not real emo, which was my point all along.

lolz, my point "all along". LOLZdouGETITevery1?!

Corpse
04-01-2006, 11:20 AM
That is a quick way to get back onto the subject. I think it is a marvellous song.

That_Guy91
04-01-2006, 11:20 AM
They're fake emo
Not even. I wouldn't put them in a category with other "fake emo" bands like MCR and Taking Back Sunday unless the category was bad music.

Joakoman
04-01-2006, 12:29 PM
CO1 is the worst offspring album. But this song is great.

scream
04-01-2006, 04:52 PM
I enjoyed Co1 a lot. Great songs like MMA, Dammit I Changed Again, Want You Bad, and Special Delivery are on Co1.

Ninty Man
04-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Living in Chaos is one of my favorite songs from that album! I actually think all the songs are great except for Want You Bad.

That's why God make human kind so differente

Just matter of opinions

Superdope
04-02-2006, 09:20 AM
I really don't get it when people complain, and say that co1 "propably is the worst offspring cd". are you kidding? i like EVERY SINGLE SONG of that cd, except Original Prankster...annoys the shit out of me. also, its propably their most diverse album. songs like Vultures and Living in chaos kicks ass, although it isnt that "original" offspring sound. besides that, we have the fast punk songs,like come out swinging, all along and dammit I changed again, conspiracy of one, among others.
Personally I see no reason for not liking the album.

bouncingcoles
04-02-2006, 12:07 PM
I really don't get it when people complain, and say that co1 "propably is the worst offspring cd". are you kidding? i like EVERY SINGLE SONG of that cd, except Original Prankster...annoys the shit out of me. also, its propably their most diverse album. songs like Vultures and Living in chaos kicks ass, although it isnt that "original" offspring sound. besides that, we have the fast punk songs,like come out swinging, all along and dammit I changed again, conspiracy of one, among others.

i totally agree!!

Ninty Man
04-02-2006, 09:48 PM

dude I love you ;)

Llamas
04-02-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm not even arguing this anymore. It's a matter of opinion. co1 is my least favorite offspring album... even though it has a lot of songs I like, their other albums are better. :)

killer_queen
04-03-2006, 03:00 AM
Leave it Behind and All Along are the only songs I really hate.

Llamas
04-03-2006, 03:14 AM
Leave it behind used to be my least favorite offspring song for a REALLY long time... still not a fan of it... or of all along. some people like 'em, but they just don't do it for me :-/

Demon_of_Debauchery
04-03-2006, 03:21 AM
I like them but they're not my favourite songs

oja
04-07-2006, 07:49 PM

I quote you cuz you said everything i was gonna said thats Y

though livin in chaos' got a really good rhyme and they could have used it for a clip or sth like hit that on splinter..

Hux
04-08-2006, 07:32 AM
Leave it behind used to be my least favorite offspring song for a REALLY long time... still not a fan of it... or of all along. some people like 'em, but they just don't do it for me :-/
So at the moment, what is your least favourite Offspring song, why, and could you give a rating for it. Most of the songs you don't enjoy have a diverse range of style.

DICKON
04-08-2006, 01:07 PM
Living in Chaos is good me thinks!!! one fine day can be annoying, n if there is a pop rock song on that album i think its that. all alongs a good song, it mite be a filler, but i think its good.

Jakebert
04-08-2006, 01:52 PM
it mite be a filler, but i think its good.

Contradiction, much?

Anway, to the kid that said something like "I don't see how people dislike CO1 so much", my answer is this:

CO1 just isn't that interesting and the songs are just kind of dull. The Offspring's best work had this spark to it and made it sound great even if it wasn't the most original music ever made. CO1, however, lacks that, and fails as an album because of that.

JohnnyNemesis
04-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Contradiction, much?

Anway, to the kid that said something like "I don't see how people dislike CO1 so much", my answer is this:

CO1 just isn't that interesting and the songs are just kind of dull. The Offspring's best work had this spark to it and made it sound great even if it wasn't the most original music ever made. CO1, however, lacks that, and fails as an album because of that.

I dunno, I think CO1 has a few of their more original songs. Living in Chaos and Special Delivery are high spots, and One Fine Day is a bit new for them even if that song is godawful. But I see what you mean with the spark. My main beef is that the album reeks of overproduction.

Llamas
04-08-2006, 08:20 PM
So at the moment, what is your least favourite Offspring song, why, and could you give a rating for it. Most of the songs you don't enjoy have a diverse range of style.

Damn. Least favorite is probably "Want You Bad". It's hard to say. Splinter is the only album I skip songs on, but it's always all the songs after "Lightning Rod". I probably wouldn't skip them if it wasn't the entire rest of the album. Want You Bad is my least favorite because it has nothing original about it.
Lyrically: The lyrics are boring, and he's singing about something that I don't think he could possibly really mean. I don't see Dexter having written that song because he really meant it- I see him having written it to be "funny". And it fails as a funny song. The lyrics aren't clever, they don't make me think, and they don't make me feel or smile. They're just lame.
Musically: Every time this song comes on when I'm not expecting to hear the Offspring, LITERALLY, my first thought is "god, I HATE pseudo-pop/punk" thinking it's like blink 182 or good charlotte. The song sounds VERY generic and by-the-book pop. The guitar sounds, the chord progressions, the hooks... everything about it is so standardized. There's not an ounce of creativity or imagination in the music to this song.

Basically, many of their songs lack either lyrically or musically, just like Want You Bad, but no other songs by them COMPLETELY fail in both departments. That is just my opinion, and I don't mind that nobody else agrees with me. :)

Jakebert
04-08-2006, 08:24 PM
I dunno, I think CO1 has a few of their more original songs. Living in Chaos and Special Delivery are high spots, and One Fine Day is a bit new for them even if that song is godawful. But I see what you mean with the spark. My main beef is that the album reeks of overproduction.

The overproduction and the spark may go together a little bit.

And I always thought that One Fine Day sounds a lot like Walla Walla. At least the overall style of the songs sound the same to me.

Llamas
04-08-2006, 09:52 PM
I agree so much about One fine day and walla walla... special delivery kinda fits in that category for me, too.

Hux
04-08-2006, 11:26 PM
I can see what you mean by the style between One Fine Day and Walla Walla, but Special Delivery would most definately not fit, its rhythm and style is completely different.

Llamas
04-08-2006, 11:41 PM
I suppose I see your point. the music style is different. the bassline and guitarline are very similar, though. maybe it's the chorus. or just that the three songs are all very average to me :P

endlesst0m
04-08-2006, 11:42 PM
I can see what you mean by the style between One Fine Day and Walla Walla, but Special Delivery would most definately not fit, its rhythm and style is completely different.

Nah.Your approximatley 110% wrong, Hux. Deal with it.

Also, suck a cock.

If that's not degrading enough, then go take it in the ass from an elephant.

And if some of your pride is still intact after that, then go chug bleach. Try it, it's fun.

Nah j/k, I agree. I'm buzzzzed right now. :D

Llamas
04-08-2006, 11:44 PM
haha wow. quality. ;) I liked "also, suck a cock" nice and to the point.

Hux
04-09-2006, 12:10 AM
I suppose I see your point. the music style is different. the bassline and guitarline are very similar, though. maybe it's the chorus. or just that the three songs are all very average to me :P
It's just it starts of really soft and the verse is soft, and then when it gets to the chorus it's much heavier. Also when the bridge starts it's again really soft slowly building up and up until he yells "GOD HELP ME", and then the chorus kicks in. It also ends soft.

That's the difference in style I meant.

Llamas
04-09-2006, 12:45 AM
Like I said, I see your point ;)

Hux
04-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Yeah just explaining why pretty much mainly because I don't really compare songs by the guitar chords or bass line or those kind of stuff because I don't really know much about that.

Llamas
04-09-2006, 12:54 AM
oh, I see. I know what you mean. there are many ways to analyze music. in some way or another, you can compare or contrast any two songs. And I definitely know where you come from.

oja
04-09-2006, 08:45 AM
I guess we all should have known when Americana came along, that the offspring style was in transicion to a more rock/pop/punk thing... and also comercial, I mean, because of pretty fly, the kids aren't alright, she's got issues, americana was for me like THE KEY ALBUM, it had some of the old style and some of what aws gonna become the new style anyone agrees???

clocks_R_slow
04-09-2006, 12:29 PM
o c'mon stop dissing Offspring songs..they're all good and nothing is "EMO"....

Jakebert
04-09-2006, 02:01 PM

No, they're not all good. I only know of maybe one or two bands that have put out nothing but good music ever. Even Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd had a few stinkers in the bunch.

Llamas
04-09-2006, 04:13 PM
if you think every offspring song is amazing, you're ignorant. a real fan is able to admit criticism.

oja
04-09-2006, 04:13 PM

I know you like offspring very much but sometime you gotta face the truth... or are you gonna tell me you like "when you're in prison" or songs like that there MUST be ONE that you don't like!!!

oja
04-09-2006, 04:15 PM
if you think every offspring song is amazing, you're ignorant. a real fan is able to admit criticism.

i loved what you just said