PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Hangover Ever

OnSpring!
03-31-2006, 07:35 AM
I don't understand the reason of the people that don't like this song.
Ok, it's not the usual Offspring style, but....damn!! it's so cool and it reminds me the saturday night!! It's a cool song definitely! What do you think? :)

icklebabygremlin
03-31-2006, 07:37 AM
Yeah i really like it..a great song

Marco
03-31-2006, 08:23 AM
Yeah I agree..............not offspringuesque but a really fun song

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2006, 09:33 AM
The song is fucking stupid. The lyrics are immature and not funny, the sounds are just plain annoying, and the whole thing makes no sense. One of the worst songs I have ever ever ever ever heard.

The Search Button
03-31-2006, 09:42 AM
The song is fucking stupid. The lyrics are immature and not funny, the sounds are just plain annoying, and the whole thing makes no sense. One of the worst songs I have ever ever ever ever heard.

just skip it then.

to me that song it's not that bad. it's just different.

Demon_of_Debauchery
03-31-2006, 09:46 AM
I second that Worst Hangover Ever and When Your In Prison are the only two Offspring songs I skip

belen1979
03-31-2006, 09:49 AM
I think it's not one of their best songs, but I agree with OnSpring, it's kinda funny.

And, personally, I skip more often Pretty fly... I had finally got to the point of just hating it...

Corpse
03-31-2006, 09:51 AM
I don't particularly like the song. But obviously someone does, seeing as they are playing in live these days, instead of really good songs like Lightning Rod. And on a side note, have they ever played the following songs live? She's Got Issues, End Of The Line, No Brakes, Come Out Swinging, Race Against Myself.

ruroken
03-31-2006, 09:52 AM
And, personally, I skip more often Pretty fly... I had finally got to the point of just hating it...
Lamest. Verse music. Ever.

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2006, 09:52 AM
just skip it then.

What the HELL makes you think I don't skip it?

belen1979
03-31-2006, 09:54 AM
Lamest. Verse music. Ever.

Yeah, it's the worst song they have could ever done... And making that worse, it's the unique song everyone (everyone that don't specially likes The Offspring) knows about them, and that makes that it's the only one you can hear on TV or on pubs or wherever, what has made me hate it even more...

Throb'n'guzzle
03-31-2006, 09:55 AM
I think that the lyrics are stupid but, being a fan of ska music, I can't help to love the music. I love it when they play ska but, they obvoiusly can't seem to write good lyrics for all of their ska songs. (I still enjoy them anyways)

Ska songs by the offspring:

Don't pick it up
worst hangover ever
Why don't you get a job

All these songs have crappy lyrics.

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2006, 10:01 AM
Ska songs by the offspring:

Don't pick it up
worst hangover ever
Why don't you get a job

You forgot "What Happened To You"! And that song actually has some pretty decent lyrics, even if they are quite humorous.

The Search Button
03-31-2006, 10:04 AM
What the HELL makes you think I don't skip it?

If you don't like it just skip it man.Thats just what i was trying to say. Nothing else.Don't be lame.

ruroken
03-31-2006, 10:06 AM
You forgot "What Happened To You"! And that song actually has some pretty decent lyrics, even if they are quite humorous.
UGH I hate that song!
and ignore the Search Button person, please. :)

The Search Button
03-31-2006, 10:07 AM

Why's that? :confused:

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2006, 10:08 AM
If you don't like it just skip it man.Thats just what i was trying to say. Nothing else.Don't be lame.

Which I do. Always. Meaning what you were trying to say was pointless.

Rutegard
03-31-2006, 10:19 AM
i like it :D

Emily_offspring_fan
03-31-2006, 10:34 AM
Worst Hangover Ever? It's not sooo bad as people say, but definitely is not my favourite of Splinter and it will never be.

Throb'n'guzzle
03-31-2006, 10:38 AM
Hmm, yeah I guess you could say "what happened to you" is ska. The guitar isn't on the upbeat but it does have a ska-ish feeling to it. And yes, it is a great song with awesome lyrics that are funny, creative, and give off a good message.

Jojan
03-31-2006, 12:22 PM
It's good thanks to the bass line, and that it's more of a ska song than a reggae song.
The Offspring have had theese kind of songs since Smash, where they had "What Happend To You?", wich I somewhere where made to make fun of ska (or something like that). And they hade Don't Pick It Up on Ixnay On The Hombre.
I think What Happend To You? is best but thanks to the trumepts and crap in The Worst Hangover Ever I think Don't Pick It Up is better than it. But as I have said; The Worst Hangover is not The Offspring's worst song.

Hux
03-31-2006, 04:54 PM
The song isn't a great one, it's a different style, but it has a tune which I end up listening to. Really, I don't consider it a real song, it's kind of like an intermission song because it's a joke song and is really poppy.

offspring_freak_3
03-31-2006, 05:11 PM
i like to listen to it when i'm drunk, is the only way for me listen to it

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2006, 05:21 PM
don't consider it a real song, it's kind of like an intermission song because it's a joke song and is really poppy.

Yeah... a really UNFUNNY joke, just like Spare Me The Details and When You're In Prison.

OddOneOut_Bassist
03-31-2006, 05:49 PM
Yeah... a really UNFUNNY joke, just like Spare Me The Details and When You're In Prison.
yeah... its not good. just like hit that i dont really like the little tune in it.. the computerized thing, its annoying! only thing i like in hit that is the chorus. its ok

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2006, 05:56 PM
I love Hit That, actually, because it's not totally a joke...it's humor, but it actually has a very serious point. Hit That is one of my favorites...

nameless
03-31-2006, 06:10 PM
i dont absolutely hate it, i just dont rate it very much!

pmurph
04-01-2006, 12:16 AM
UGH I hate that song!
i love what happened to you.

Llamas
04-01-2006, 12:28 AM
worst hangover ever isn't more ska than reggae... it's very reggae in structure. I'm not a fan of it. Dexter's voice annoys me in it, and the song is really repetitive and I get bored. It's a fun idea, and I liked it the first couple times I listened to it.

and pretty fly has smart lyrics... it's great commentary on society. just because he's making fun of people doesn't mean they're bad lyrics.

Peedr
04-01-2006, 01:55 AM
i love what happened to you. Me too. ;)