PDA

View Full Version : Bands that you wish got more exposure to the radio

pretty fly 88
03-31-2006, 02:44 PM
I'm tired of hearing the same old Fall Out Boy, Gorillaz, Foo Fighters, System Of A Down, Nine Inch Nails, Weezer, and all the other bands that are dominating the radio. I don't even listen to the radio that much anymore, because they're almost always playing the same old new crap that's popular today, instead of music that is actually good. And I know a lot of other people feel the same way, so just post some bands that you feel need more radio play.

I personally wish these bands got more radio play:

Cinderella
Devo
Social Distortion
The Clash
Faith No More(I wish radio stations would play something besides "Epic")
Iron Maiden
Bon Jovi
Van Halen
The Who
Kiss
Aerosmith
The Pixies
The Ramones
The Scorpions
Jimi Hendrix(I'd like to hear "Fire" on the radio. It's my favorite Hendrix song)

I know some of these bands used to be popular, but now they get very little radio play in Maryland.

0r4ng3
03-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Descendents would really work on the radio. They're good, and they'd appeal to the pop-punk fans of today, I'm sure.

offspring fan
03-31-2006, 02:59 PM
i want to here more offspring on the radio. thay never play anny offspring on the radio here....
and more foo fighters, rage against the machine, audioslave, pearl jam, bad religion, nirvana, the clash and soundgarden

Andy
03-31-2006, 03:25 PM
Mclusky & Ima Robot

Endymion
03-31-2006, 03:29 PM
korn, linkin park, nickel back, etc etc.

then maybe people would realize what a shitty medium commercial radio is.

Revolver-2005?
03-31-2006, 03:36 PM
The only music on the radio near me is Fall Out Boy, Foo Fighters, and mischealaneous ( sp? ) rap.

I'd like to hear more:

Offspring
Ima Robot
The Living End

BREAK
03-31-2006, 07:05 PM
Thank you PF88, now I know why everybody thinks you're the dumbest poster on these boards.

coke_a_holic
03-31-2006, 07:28 PM
Devo
The Clash
Bon Jovi
Van Halen
The Who
Aerosmith
The Ramones
Jimi Hendrix
1. I LIVE IN YOUR STATE
2. WE LISTEN TO THE SAME RADIO STATIONS (when I'm in the car)
3. THEY PLAY THE ABOVE BANDS ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Just put on 94.7 instead of dc101. Jesus.

jacknife737
03-31-2006, 08:05 PM
Danko Jones, they get a fair amount of air play in Canada, but i'd like to see them get more in the u.s, europe, ect.

Human
03-31-2006, 08:08 PM
The Flaming Lips, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Garbage, and Ray Charles

coke_a_holic
03-31-2006, 08:45 PM
Yes, I know, what does that mean to me in this situation?

T-6005
03-31-2006, 08:52 PM
Yes, I know, what does that mean to me in this situation?
Thank god you said something. I was getting annoyed... at dain... again.

Dain, why did you bother to change your username? You're still the same loser you always were.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-31-2006, 11:03 PM
I really hate it when bands I like become popular. So if I was to answer this seriously, I would only answer Dark New Day.

If I was to name bands that don't get radio airplay and deserve it I would say:
Death From Above 1979
Riverboat Gamblers
I Am The Avalanche
Stereophonics
Slave to the System

JohnnyNemesis
03-31-2006, 11:04 PM
It really astonishes me that anyone would listen to the radio.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
03-31-2006, 11:06 PM
True, I have to agree. I probably only listen to the radio an hour a week. And that is when I'm half asleep in my room while my iPod is charging.

Andy
04-01-2006, 03:46 AM
Stereophonics
Over here, radio 1 plays Stereophonics fairly regular. Problem is, new Stereophonics is crap.

And I listen to the radio for the inane jibber jabber more than anything.

notoriousdoc
04-01-2006, 03:47 AM
Refer to my signature

That_Guy91
04-01-2006, 04:16 AM
I'll listen to 92.3 occasionally, but not when they play music.

Lithuanian Offspring
04-01-2006, 05:28 AM
My thoughts exactly.

~*hit_that*~
04-01-2006, 05:44 AM
Logan need radio play!

check out my post :)

Also, Alter Bridge. totally awesome!

jacknife737
04-01-2006, 10:05 AM
Death From Above 1979

This band is overplayed where i live, i'm sick of them.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
04-01-2006, 10:11 AM
It is interesting how some areas play bands a lot more than others. You go from never hearing on the radio in your life, but 100 miles away, it is majorly overplated.

Lars
04-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Mclusky
My love is bigger than your love
We take more drugs than a touring funk band
Sing it
Sing it
Sing it

My band is better than your band
We've got more songs than a song convention
Sing it
Sing it
Sing it

And we're all going straight to hell

My dad is bigger than your dad
He's got eight cars and a house in Ireland
Sing it
Sing it
Sing it

When we gonna torch the restaurant?
Sing it
When we gonna pay the guide dog?
Sing it
Sing it
Sing it

We take more drugs than a touring funk band
Sing it
Sing it
Sing it

When we gonna torch the restaurant?
Sing it
When we gonna get excited?
Sing it
Sing it
Sing it

Dex90
04-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Avenged Sevenfold
Nofx
The Offspring

skiddles824
04-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Avenged Sevenfold
Bullet for my valintine
Mudvaine

Yatesy
04-03-2006, 10:06 AM
I used to listen to the Radio 1 Lock Up/Rock Show. Then I realised I have better stuff, I only listen to radio when they have bands playing sessions so yeah more of those I guess.

Emily_offspring_fan
04-03-2006, 10:14 AM
BON JOVI? AEROSMITH?
they play bj and aerosmith always! I'm tired of them! And even in my country which is supposed to play only very known music.

Andy
04-03-2006, 10:21 AM
*Mclusky lyrics*
I love you man. Love.

Lars
04-03-2006, 10:31 AM
I used to listen to the Radio 1 Lock Up/Rock Show. Then I realised I have better stuff, I only listen to radio when they have bands playing sessions so yeah more of those I guess.
The Lock Up is quite terrible, sessions really are practically the only good thing about it. It's bad when you have to sit through so much terrible stuff to listen to a band/person in session.

I love you man. Love.
Haha, I discovered them way too late thought, never saw them live. Though um someone from them and someone from Jarcrew are supposed to be doing some kind of band, it should be good, whenever people get to hear something. I kind of wish it could be left as the intro for Million Dead just before they come on stage for this Live DVD project that's being worked on.

Andy
04-03-2006, 10:35 AM
I know that one of them is in the new band Shooting At Unarmed Men, but I don't know any other details.

They're releasing their final CD, "Mcluskyness" soon. It'll be a collection of their best b-sides (there's been enough).

Lars
04-03-2006, 10:45 AM
Ah, yeah that's them, I'd forgotten the name.

Oh, damn, you've reminded me that there were some other McLusky release things not that long ago.

Andy
04-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Really? I wouldn't know, the music shops around me are crap.

Lars
04-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Oh, damn, possibly the last ever Shooting at Unarmed Men gig in london on Thrusday this week. Balls, I don't like Kilburn and most likely wouldn't manage to get home after that.

The release I was thinking of was McLuskyism. Limited edition with 3 discs.
blahdvd.com (http://www.blahdvd.com/blah/Music_Product.aspx?productid=CD-PURE197CD-SS) 8.99 but temp out of stock
HMV (http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=478643) 9.99

both free postage. blahdvd has the added bonus of 10p from every sale going to oxfam.

Andy
04-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Hmm, although it's kind of pointless buying any Mclusky CD that isn't Mclusky Does Dallas. Really was their best work, no doubt. That's my excuse anyway..

Endymion
04-03-2006, 04:19 PM
KROQ NEEDS TO PLAY MORE BEATLES & ELVIS!

word to your mother.

Conspiracy of One
04-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Strange, I heard Van Halen, The Beatles, and Hendrix on the radio just yesterday. I thought the radio only played Fallout Boy?

lenar
04-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Maybe try a different Radio Station?

Nineteen Seventy Nine
04-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Maybe try a different Radio Station?

Won't work. We have 2 radio stations outside the rap/pop category. One of them is an alternative one that does in fact only play....

I thought the radio only played Fallout Boy?

The other station is actually pretty balanced. It is a rock station that has a very awesome morning talk show, a sweet mid-day sports talk, and plays really good rock music otherwise mostly bands like Audiosalve, Shinedown, System of A Down, etc.

Tizzalicious
04-04-2006, 12:24 AM
Hanson. If only to stop people starting to sing MMMBop when they find out I like them.

Yatesy
04-04-2006, 05:50 AM
I
The Lock Up is quite terrible, sessions really are practically the only good thing about it. It's bad when you have to sit through so much terrible stuff to listen to a band/person in session.

I know, hence I don't listen anymore. It used to be quite good but it started playing a lot of Emo, I mean it always did but not as much as it does now. =|

Lars
04-04-2006, 06:03 AM
I can't remember if they have this bit at the start anymore. But they used to have a bit that said "playing the best in underground punk, rock, psychobilly, hip hop, etc.." and then nothing was underground at all. I probably have it recorded somewhere. Mike Davies probably feels bad playing that junk.

Kaz The Random
04-04-2006, 08:11 AM
I like the lock up. Mike davies is the only dj ive heard say when he doesn't like a band. Most radio stations are so bad, and what really pisses me off is when theres a chance for listeners to request a song, and then they pick the same crap thats been playing all day! Idiots.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Hanson. If only to stop people starting to sing MMMBop when they find out I like them.

Which is ironic because nobody knows the real words to the chorus, myself included.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-04-2006, 08:36 AM
I like the lock up. Mike davies is the only dj ive heard say when he doesn't like a band. Most radio stations are so bad, and what really pisses me off is when theres a chance for listeners to request a song, and then they pick the same crap thats been playing all day! Idiots.

This is something not just done by radio DJs, but club DJs, pub DJs, and music video channels. I've learned through long experience that there's no point requesting anything from 99% of DJs, because they won't play it unless they were planning to anyway.

Tizzalicious
04-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Which is ironic because nobody knows the real words to the chorus, myself included.

Yeah, I should have said: To stop everyone from TRYING to sing MMMBop.

wheelchairman
04-04-2006, 08:56 AM
That's just the market. Hanson is terrible, and no one with any decency would listen to them on the indy rock market. Which is how they try and market themselves.

Andy
04-04-2006, 09:06 AM
"mmmmbop, dip dop bop, doo wop, didi-wop wop"

Did I get it right?

Retard
04-04-2006, 12:36 PM
only time i listen to radio is when i'm in my moms car, and i'm too dumb to realize that she has cds in her car.

they never will, and i'm glad for it but i wish Leftover Crack would get played at least once on the radio, so most people would be like WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT, and the others would go I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE OFFENDED IN ALL MY LIFE!!!

other than that i'm glad that they never will.

and so are they, haha :D

Tizzalicious
04-04-2006, 02:15 PM
That's just the market. Hanson is terrible, and no one with any decency would listen to them on the indy rock market. Which is how they try and market themselves.

What do you know about their marketing?

Andy, you weren't even close.

wheelchairman
04-05-2006, 05:00 AM
What do you know about their marketing?

Sure I do. I know this loser who is on the street team and wanted to NOT be paid for translating. Whatta loser!

Tizzalicious
04-05-2006, 05:21 AM
Sure I do. I know this loser who is on the street team and wanted to NOT be paid for translating. Whatta loser!

I never said they claimed to be INDIE, just independant, which is what they are.

Andy
04-05-2006, 05:32 AM
Damn. I'm genuinely disappointed at that. Right, time to search for some lyrics.