PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring in Concert DVD

BobdaAlkoholic
12-11-2004, 11:35 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=6348177060&rd=1
really wierd if i was rich adn used e-bay i would buy it any idea what quality the videos are at?

RonWelty
12-11-2004, 11:39 AM
itīs not a official movie ... ! and FAKE . because they played ORIGINAL PRANKSTER in japan and i can īt see it on the dvd ..be aware ;X

Tijs
12-11-2004, 11:42 AM
Oh damn.. I hope it isn't fake cause I bought it a few days ago.
(So don't buy it! It's gonna be up on www.theoffspring.info if it isn't fake)

RonWelty
12-11-2004, 11:43 AM
and the funnier thing is that the guy who is trying to sell is portuguese ..lol and i don īt know him , so he don īt belong to the portuguese fan club who can show u some clue ..one more ...if the guys from the .info and others site don +t had that videos ..why some portuguese guy would have it? think about it !

Tijs
12-11-2004, 11:44 AM
Cause we have to buy our stuff too :)

RonWelty
12-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Oh damn.. I hope it isn't fake cause I bought it a few days ago.
(So don't buy it! It's gonna be up on www.theoffspring.info if it isn't fake)
i hope so . believe ..but or that setlist is wrong ..or .... because they played original pranskter ! thatīs for sure ... u can see AUTOPILOT OFF DIARY ...they tell there i think

RonWelty
12-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Cause we have to buy our stuff too :)
i just think itīs quite strange a portuguese guy have that ...don īt u think ? but letīs wait ...and see !

RonWelty
12-11-2004, 11:46 AM
when i bought live in las vegas 99 i though it was fake ..it wasn+ t but it was not official ...that was lame ..believe me ..but thatīs a good concert anyway

Tijs
12-11-2004, 11:48 AM
This one is very most likely not official either, but it's another show for my collection :)

RonWelty
12-11-2004, 11:51 AM
This one is very most likely not official either, but it's another show for my collection :)
yeah :D i searched too hard to find that dvd ..if the video u are trying to buy is not fake i will try to talk to the guy .... but one more thing ..did u said that u had bought that video 3 days ago? how he is selling the video again? i can īt see no bids inthere !

Tijs
12-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Yeah, he's selling it for the third time now. I missed the first one.

RonWelty
12-11-2004, 11:54 AM
let us wait ! i usually don īt but not-official things but .... it may seem a great opportunity ...japanese crowd is nuts ..believe me ..i was inthere one time ..they enjoy even bands that they don īt know LOL ..that happened with a portuguese punk band - fonzie-!

BobdaAlkoholic
12-11-2004, 12:27 PM
The Offspring Viva Las Vegas DVD is mad rare and un official but had great ass camera angles

Gordie
12-11-2004, 01:35 PM
that dvd could just be a bootleg someone put together.. id pay $20 for it

vintagepunkrock7
12-12-2004, 11:33 PM
i keep hearing good things about that viva las vegas thing, if i ever found one id buy it. ebay is a tricky thing sometimes, u always have to be so careful that your not being sold crap, i bought an offspring cd off there once, it looked ok and the guy seemed ok and everything but it turned out to be a burned cd(label and case and everything though) and i couldnt even report him to ebay cuz by the time i finally got the cd(with a cracked case due to bad shipping) and was able to leave feedback he wasnt a member anymore. after that i learned to be extra careful on ebay.

Hysteria
12-13-2004, 03:51 AM
I'll just wait for good ol' Tijs to put on theoffspring.info. :cool:

Lars
12-13-2004, 05:36 AM
Ok here's a little breakdown.

1. The cover has no barcode, thus it is not a commercially available DVD.
2. There is such a thing as trading circles where people know other people etc... and they trade shows, not all shows that have been filmed audio recorded get a high profile.
3. they can sell multiple copies cause it's DVD-/+R disc, so they can burn multiple copies.
4. you can't see previous buyers of the dvd cause it's a private auciton, it doesn't list who bought it. This choice is most likely so that, people don't know it's been sold before, or so that you cannot contact someone who bought the DVD before and ask them if you can get a copy for less.

Tony
12-13-2004, 07:00 AM
Moreover, a set without self esteem... a bit strange, just wait n see :confused:

RonWelty
12-13-2004, 07:21 AM
Moreover, a set without self esteem... a bit strange, just wait n see :confused:
it has to be fake ...because in japan they played ORIGINAL PRANKSTER this year ...it has to be ...and the lack of self esteem just make me laugh !

Lars
12-13-2004, 07:52 AM
OR it could be edited out? Modern technology these days is amazing! People also do that sometimes too.

RonWelty
12-13-2004, 07:58 AM
OR it could be edited out? Modern technology these days is amazing! People also do that sometimes too.
i don īt see what is the advantage of taken 2 songs of the show off ...and ONE FINE DAY ? LIVE ? in this tour ..
god !
it has to be fake!

Lars
12-13-2004, 08:14 AM
Some people like to edit out songs from stuff they record, it means that they have the only full version of it. As sometimes it'll get them a trade later on when as they have songs someone doesn't have etc... I don't support that nor the selling of live recordings, they should be free via trading, not sold for a monetary advantage.

RonWelty
12-13-2004, 08:22 AM
Some people like to edit out songs from stuff they record, it means that they have the only full version of it. As sometimes it'll get them a trade later on when as they have songs someone doesn't have etc... I don't support that nor the selling of live recordings, they should be free via trading, not sold for a monetary advantage.
i thibk the same ..i don īt but non official stuff ...the only thing it was LIVE IN LAS VEGAS 99 !

Tijs
12-17-2004, 05:29 AM
Well I got the DVD in mail today,
It's great quality. Only bad thing is the fact that the camera guy isn't really good in what he's doing. But it's good enough to watch at.
And for the setlist, seems to be correct. They haven't played Self Esteem, and there were no glitches in the sound or picture.

Izie
12-17-2004, 06:10 AM
Well I got the DVD in mail today,
It's great quality. Only bad thing is the fact that the camera guy isn't really good in what he's doing. But it's good enough to watch at.
And for the setlist, seems to be correct. They haven't played Self Esteem, and there were no glitches in the sound or picture.

(jesus on izie's account)
Self esteem isn't usually on the setlist in Japan. I only remember one time where it was on the setlist and they STARTED the concert with it then...

anyway japanse people are crazy, ypu yup yup

Tijs
12-17-2004, 07:23 AM
Japenese people are funny. Haha, I want to marry one.