PDA

View Full Version : my awesome purchases of today

Human
04-01-2006, 07:50 PM
I went to best buy and bought a whole bunch of crap-6 cds with my money. all together it was 85.06
1. The Smashing Pumpkins-Greatest Hits
2. the Vandals-Live Fast, Diarrea (its supposed to be spelled that way)
3. Fiona Apple-Extraordinary Machine
4. Fiona Apple-Tidal
5. Ray-the original motion picture soundtrack
6. Ray Charles- The very Best of Ray Charles (greatest hits)

Also, my mom got this free digital camera with this thing she bought so she gave it to me. are my purchases approved?

0r4ng3
04-01-2006, 07:52 PM
2. the Vandals-Live Fast, Diarrea (its supposed to be spelled that way)

Actually, it's not. Officially, it's "Live Fast Diarrhea", like on the side of the case. It's only spelled wrong on the cover.

Still, it's an awesome CD.

Human
04-01-2006, 07:54 PM
oh, oops. sorry. I just checked, and yeah, you're right

killer_queen
04-02-2006, 04:30 AM
Except Vandals all of the albums you bought are perfect. It's pretty unexpected for a young girl like you to choose those ones. I appreciate your taste in music.

Mota Boy
04-02-2006, 04:58 AM
all together it was 85.06
First of all, "altogether" is one word. Secondly, you should put a "$" before you list off the amount of money you just blew on CDs. Lastly, never announce how much you just spent on CDs except within a few certain instances (such as, say, just saving a huge amount of money).

Personally, I wouldn't pay twenty bucks for the CDs you just bought (with most of that consisting of the Smashing Pumpkins CD). But you honestly shouldn't seek community approval for your CDs, as taste in music is completely subjective.

I really hope/am pretty sure that this is all some sort of naive thread in which you actually seek approval from strangers concerning your music taste than just trolling for compliments or whatever. You can ask "us" for suggestions, but asking a generic thumbs-up thumbs-down of your music taste is not a good way to go about it.

For the record, if you DO want to announce that you've just bought something, first formulate your own opinion on the CD, then present it in a somewhat-humorous manner, see what other responses are, then either savagely attack or ignore them. That's the way music works.

Vera
04-02-2006, 05:42 AM
God, I wish I had money. I'm actually considering selling some of the cd's I never listen to anymore and never really did, just so I can buy some dvd's that I'd love to own right now.