PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X

ruroken
04-01-2006, 08:30 PM
OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD.
I just beat it (I change games frequently and end up beating RPGs around 2 years after my purchase), and... wow... that was the best ending EVER!! I am so happy and jumpy and and and and and and *smiles bigger than the lame green emo-ticon* I LOVE it more than VII!

T-6005
04-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Fair enough.

0r4ng3
04-01-2006, 08:38 PM
X is what turned the Final Fantasy series into a bunch of "ghey selloutz". One could argue that VII did, but I definately think it was X.

ruroken
04-01-2006, 08:44 PM
You mean XI, right? Because you have to pay for the internet AND pay to play that game. THAT is "ghey selloutz".

All About Eve
04-01-2006, 08:48 PM
All I know is Tidus is a pussy, and VIII pwns all.*

*VII's story is better, but VIII wins as far as characters, weapons, extras, GFs, etc. GFs > Materia.

ruroken
04-01-2006, 08:54 PM
VIII is shit. IX too. And I like the materia system.
How is Tidus a pussy and why do the characters have to be badass to make a game good? I find that boring now because they almost always are "badass". Tidus is a little more realistic. Or just different. I'm not sure. I'm not too good with "reality"...

T-6005
04-01-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm not too good with "reality"...
We know you're not.

All About Eve
04-01-2006, 09:00 PM
VIII was the shit, and was the best selling FF in Japan. Tidus is a vagina because he cries a lot, has no social skills, is generally stupid, and gets angry/emotional over everything.

As far as characters, I was referring to Squall as awesome because he has a dry sense of humor, and Seifer's awesome, and Rinoa's not at either extreme of a tomboy/girly girl. (Aeris/Tifa v. Yuna)

mrconeman
04-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Christ, the ending from X was pathetic. Well maybe thats a bit of a strong word, and I wont go into detail due to spoilers or whatever but Jesus, it was bad.
I think 7 is the best closely followed by 6 + 8.
9, X and X-2 are the worst in the entire series by a huge margin. Although X wasnt really a bad game, it just doesnt stand up to FF standard. I have a strange feeling that 12 will be the worst final fantasy they will ever create, and hopefully they will go back on track with 13.

All About Eve
04-01-2006, 09:04 PM
I really liked X. The story wasn't all that great, but as far as gameplay I really liked it. Blitzball was fun. X-2 is almost just a barbie RPG, and I haven't played much of 9. 6 was really really good story wise, but the fact that it's on NES graphics makes it not as great. I mean it was for the system, just not compared.

mrconeman
04-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I think the Nes and Snes FF's were kinda ruined because of inferior systems, they were all great games right up untill 9 though.

ruroken
04-01-2006, 09:07 PM
VIII was the shit
no, it sucked. The summons were long and obnoxious. Summoning was all you did in boss battles because they would take damage instead of you. There was no strategy. And the direction from Edea's house is retarded.
and was the best selling FF in Japan.
That proves absolutely nothing.

Tidus is a vagina because he cries a lot, has no social skills, is generally stupid, and gets angry/emotional over everything.
For very good reason. His father is dead. His father was a bitch to him. His mother is gone as well (I think). He doesn't know what's going on. and more...

As far as characters, I was referring to Squall as awesome because he has a dry sense of humor
Agreed.

and Seifer's awesome
Uh...no. He went to the other side like a confused bitch.

Rinoa's not at either extreme of a tomboy/girly girl. (Aeris/Tifa v. Yuna)
True, and her dog is awesome.

Betty
04-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Materia ruled all and that's what I have to say on that topic.

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2006, 10:24 PM
VII and on infuriate me.

Betty
04-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah, cause you're just TOO COOL.

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2006, 11:12 PM
More like too old :(

Betty
04-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Psssshhh... you're not even 6 months older than me.

I was in my prime RPG playing time for FFVII. And played VIII too. But never managed to get into much after that.

coke_a_holic
04-01-2006, 11:19 PM
I never beat the first disc on VII because I screwed myself by not keeping any potions and almost dying on my way to some boss. Effin' ghey.

Betty
04-01-2006, 11:26 PM
First too cool for Bryan Adams and Aerosmith and now too cool for this.

God, I'm feeling retarded and hyper. I'm trying to read but I can't focus, I think I'm having an ADD/ADHD moment.

I suppose since our little buddy Ruroken started this thread, it's probably the perfect place to let loose.

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Pfft. They just SUCK, okay! Now channel all that energy into sexual endeavors, i.e. giving me n00dz.

Vera
04-02-2006, 12:48 AM
and Rinoa's not at either extreme of a tomboy/girly girl. (Aeris/Tifa v. Yuna)
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! Rinoa is, without a doubt, the single most annoying princessy character EVER in the existence of the now-12-part-video-game-series. C'mon! She was a princess. Her sole purpose in life was to suck at battles and annoy Squall, which AMAZINGLY lead to him falling in love with her.

I wanted to fucking kill them both. I would've, too, if my Squall wasn't so friggin' ace and if I didn't excel in his Limits.

FFVII über alles, man, and every decent video game fan will sign this. That plot was out of this world. Anything after that was like the last game on crack. Okay, the maker of 8-Bit Theater (webcomic) actually said FFVII was FFVI (<3) on crack and I agree, but I love both FFVI and FFVII. So I'm cool.

The only thing good about FFVIII was the interesting gaming system, which unfortunately totally made a mockery of using spells at all. But Summons were sweet.

FFIX was my first and thus very important and dear but teh best? Naw.

FFX was cool on certain fronts while totally lame on others. Don't even get me started on the sequel. Eurgh. Thank Christ I didn't spend any money on it. Sell-out? Yeah, sell-out.

My favourites, even though I haven't played FFV yet and very little the very first FF's: VII, IV, VI, X.

Vera
04-02-2006, 12:49 AM
To save my geeky soul, I haven't played any of these games for like 15 months now.

In other words, I've channelled my geekiness elsewhere.

Paint_It_Black
04-02-2006, 12:54 AM
I love FFX.

notoriousdoc
04-02-2006, 03:11 AM
FFX kicks ass. I agree with VIII as well, that was cool

ninthlayer
04-02-2006, 03:16 AM
I liked FF1 on the NES.

Oh, and:
Shining Force > Final Fantasy

.:SMASH:.
04-02-2006, 03:21 AM
the only thing that kept me playing that game was the adictive story line. the game play is shit as. zelda kicks the shit out of it

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-02-2006, 04:56 AM
Zelda > FF
Dragon Quest > FF

Having said that, FFVIII is win.

Vera
04-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Dave, I hate to tell you this, but you're officially wrong.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-02-2006, 07:14 AM
Jury rules in favour of Dave.

Vera
04-02-2006, 07:17 AM
The Jury of Wrong.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-02-2006, 07:21 AM
You're the Jury of Wrong. :(

JohnnyNemesis
04-02-2006, 07:22 AM
Final Fantasy has always been like, video games for people who don't know what the hell good video games are. Even when they're GOOD, they've always had that feel.

Vera
04-02-2006, 07:24 AM
Final Fantasies are games for girls, people who don't like to devote their lives to video games, and people who like to devote their lives to video games that don't suck but are Japanese and very much on crack.

There's no way around the great gaming experience.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 08:10 AM
Vera: Rinoa was my third character in VIII, and was much better than Selphie, Zell, etc.

Dave: Woot for VIII. And I actually just got Dragon Quest VII, but it takes so long to get started that I haven't played it much.

Ricky: They're good games whether you're a hardcore gamer or not; the only thing that would change is how much the experience affects you.

I forgot to mention, VI was awesome because of the Mog playability.

Vera
04-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Well, you liked her and played a lot with her, so obviously she was better than usually to you. With me, her personality made me want to stab things and avoid playing with her (plus the fact even Selphie was better than her and her stupid fucking dog) so obviously she didn't develop very well. I did devote time to her once, but it just wasn't worth it, I'd rather spend the time gaming with Quistis who was worth the time.

VI was awesome because Edgar is a pimp.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 08:26 AM
Quistis was teh hawtz.

Personally I prefer Sabin to Edgar. And I used Celes instead of Terra, because I hated Terra for some reason. Locke was cool, just kind of pointless, because his steal phailed. All the others were just kind of there (Gau, Setzer (?), etc.) I liked the knight guy, what's his name, I just liked Edgar/Sabin/Mog/Celes more, so used them.

Vera
04-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Sabin's limits (or whatever they were called in VI) were fucked on the PS version. I could never get them right.

Locke's steal is good if you developed it. I remember it being suuuper-handy once you got the Relic that makes it into "Mug" because then he attacks (on the best levels/weapons, he attacked for at least 2000 HP damage and stole something neat). It was also handy in the beginning of the game when you're too broke to buy potion or anything.

In the end my FFVI characters were just too good. All the battles were becoming ridiculously easy, Kefka was a piece of cake. :/ The best fights are always the kinds you really struggle with. I remember when my friend beat FFIX with REALLY shitty characters.

I loved FFVI's speshul characters. Those were so neat.

All the characters of FFIV rocked as well. I loved that game, such a fun gaming experience, though for some reason I was stuck on this motherfucking spot for sooo long because I'm a fucking retard with games sometimes.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 08:39 AM
I got really close to beating IV, then stopped. Cecil "changing" (won't ruin spoilers or whatever) took out a cool element. And I would really have liked more Kain involvement. Also, Edwin (was that his name? the harp dude) is the biggest vagina ever.

Edit: Dual-wield relic with Sabin pwns. Although my best physical character was Celes, because she had Atma/ragnarok dual wielded. I also equipped her with the thing that lets you attack 4 times. So basically, at full health, she did 9999 damage 8 times. Like you said, too easy.

Vera
04-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Edward - spoony bard! - was love. I wanted to sex him.

Yeah, the Cecil thing, bit faggy, but I love it because

SPOILER FOR FFIV

by the end of the game his gf does better white magic than he does.
HAHAHAHAHA. Also? Rosa is like the BEST princessy FF female character EVER. She rocked.

END SPOILERS

Rydia is also mega-sweeet. And Edge was HOT. HOT.

...I'm way too into sprites, dammit.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 08:44 AM
The twins were easily the most annoying characters in any video game ever. I actually smiled when they left the party.

Vera
04-02-2006, 08:45 AM
Also, you should TOTALLY finish FFIV, the ending is lovely and before the ending there are a LOT of amazing plot twists you'll love. :)

Dude the twins rocked. :mad:

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Their little combine thing was awesome, IF you got the good one. But they died literally every battle. Like, for srs. They died when they were already dead!

And I just loaded up IV. I have no idea where I am.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 09:01 AM
God my characters suck so bad. I'm being raped.

Vera
04-02-2006, 09:10 AM
My FFIV characters sucked, too. It's a game where you need to REALLY constantly level up or you'll go nowhere.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Good thing I'm in a tower that I can't leave (on the way to save Rosa by trading the earth crystal).

wheelchairman
04-02-2006, 09:15 AM
Level Up is SNOOZE.

I loved the FF games for gameboy. That's what I played the most.

I also loved FF 1-3. And FFIX. I liked IX a lot better than VIII. VIII Just couldn't keep my attention and I got bored eventually. The only problem with IX was that the hero sucked.

FF games were awesome. However without a doubt all their endings sucked. So needlessly anti-climactic. Half the time a monster you've never heard will pop up out of nowhere. It gets dull.

Also the FF games that took place in a futuristic dystopia, were gayhomos.

Sinister
04-02-2006, 09:25 AM
my personal favorite out of the few FF's I played was FF Mystic Quest for SNES.

0r4ng3
04-02-2006, 09:29 AM
I really can't have a valid opinion on which FF is the best, because I've only played VII, and never beat the first disc.

On that note, we can all agree that the absolute worst FF was Crystal Chronicles. Mostly because it was a GameCube game.

ruroken
04-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Christ, the ending from X was pathetic.

Pfft, hell no. It was better than FFVII's. FFVII's was way lame. Maybe you are too stupid to get the story... because that's what everyone seems to say.

6 was really really good story wise, but the fact that it's on NES graphics makes it not as great. I mean it was for the system, just not compared.
Why does graphics bother people so damn much?

FFX was cool on certain fronts while totally lame on others. Don't even get me started on the sequel. Eurgh. Thank Christ I didn't spend any money on it. Sell-out? Yeah, sell-out.

What fucking sequel is everyone bitching about? There is no "sequel" because there never needed to be one! It doesn't exist. DENY ITS EXISTANCE!

God, I'm feeling retarded and hyper. I'm trying to read but I can't focus, I think I'm having an ADD/ADHD moment.
I suppose since our little buddy Ruroken started this thread, it's probably the perfect place to let loose.
Hellz yeah!

I love FFX.
Yeah. You better. haha

I forgot to mention, VI was awesome because of the Mog playability.
Hellz yeah!

...I'm way too into sprites, dammit.
You're not the only one...

Vera
04-02-2006, 09:45 AM
HOW CAN YOU NOT BEAT THE FIRST DISC OF FFVII?!?!??

I'm sorry but ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHA. Oh man. Seriously? You're kidding, right?

Hhaahahhaahaa.

0r4ng3
04-02-2006, 09:47 AM
HOW CAN YOU NOT BEAT THE FIRST DISC OF FFVII?!?!??

I'm sorry but ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHA. Oh man. Seriously? You're kidding, right?

Hhaahahhaahaa.
I was about 10 years old when I played it. Actually, I may have beaten the first disc, but I couldn't play the second because it was damaged.

Vera
04-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Man, for a moment I suspected you had no thumbs or something and had to play with your nose.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 10:58 AM
About Crystal Chronicles being the worst, I think Tactics is worse.

Vera
04-02-2006, 11:15 AM
No, CC is. That POS shouldn't call itself a FF. The only fun thing about it was shaving and spray-painting a Mog.

That may sound fun but it's not, and gets tired really fast.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Actually I've never played it, just found Tactics mind-numbingly boring.

pyromaniac
04-02-2006, 11:24 AM
The ending of FFX was pretty good,however I think that all the final bosses were just too easy to defeat. I 1-hit the final bosses 1st form and 2-hit the other one.The Omega Weapon didn't stand, but 1-hit too.Another thing that makes me mad is that the ability "Break Damage Limit" has a limit too.(you can only hit up to 99,999.)It was just too easy too win,so hopefully,FF12 will be a lot harder.

Vera
04-02-2006, 11:27 AM
That's because at first you go through the game, beat the bosses, watch the end, THEN you go back and do everything there is to do, get all the best weapons etc etc and THEN beat it again as to sort of finish it off.

pyromaniac
04-02-2006, 11:30 AM
true that

(10)

wheelchairman
04-02-2006, 11:36 AM
You people are inspiring to me to play a final fantasy game.

Which one is a good one to download? (FF1-6 as I don't want to use a PS1 emulator or an emulator of a higher quality machine.)

Vera
04-02-2006, 11:40 AM
I'd recommend IV or VI... Either one is good, though VI possibly a better gaming experience.

Never played either on emulators, though.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Definitely VI; and agreed on the PS1 emulators. They hardly ever work anyways.

wheelchairman
04-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Alright looks like 6 it will be.

But I mean, first I got to get OREGON TRAIL out of my system!

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Depending on where you download VI from, it may be listed as III as it was the third FF in America.

wheelchairman
04-02-2006, 11:59 AM
oh shit.

I thought you people were using the American numbers. I have no idea what the japanese ones were, and I don't care. :(

FF3 it is then.

Vera
04-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Oh yeah, that's fucking wank with the American numbers.

Wonder if Sean meant American ones as well because the REAL FF3? Kind of boring, actually. I played around 15% of it and got tired.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 12:09 PM
oh shit.

I thought you people were using the American numbers. I have no idea what the japanese ones were, and I don't care. :(

FF3 it is then.

Romhustler.net has the one I used, and it works well.

ruroken
04-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Actually I've never played it, just found Tactics mind-numbingly boring.
Pff, I have ADHD and I LOVE both Tactics and Tactics Advance.

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 12:21 PM
What does that have to do with anything? ADHD people generally are sucked into games more than normal people.

ruroken
04-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Seriously? Are you sure? I'd think they'd lose interest faster...

All About Eve
04-02-2006, 06:43 PM
My sister's ADHD and she can get absorbed much easier than I can.

Edit: I think it has to do with the fact that they don't have to imagine anything.

ruroken
04-02-2006, 07:04 PM
That makes sense.
Except that I love to imagine things... only... I kinda grew out of that. * :( *

demon_slayer
04-03-2006, 08:48 AM
okay FFX is a good game but i still think the FFIX is so much better