PDA

View Full Version : Mota Boy's Thought of the Night

Mota Boy
04-02-2006, 01:31 AM
The meaning of life is only ascertained by understanding the multivaried experiences/worldviews of a wide variety of individuals. Empathy's also a big booster, so try and experience as much of life as possibly firsthand. Also, of course it helps to be hellasmart.

So get out there, get drunk and talk to people. Because communication is the shiznit. The wide world is calling you from each well-intentioned book and IM screenname and the whole fucking world sitting just beyond your front door, so go check it out.

What are you waiting for? Go.

GO!

el_monkey
04-02-2006, 04:49 AM
hm... one should call the guard that stands in front of your room and tell him to better look after you, so that you cannot escape at night and get some drugs.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-02-2006, 04:49 AM
How does getting a lot of different viewpoints give you the meaning of the universe? It just gives you loads of different meanings, not a single correct one.

el_monkey
04-02-2006, 04:50 AM
there is no (single) correct one I think

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-02-2006, 04:53 AM
There's no SINGLE correct one, but there's thousands of correct ones. Each person has a correct "meaning" to the life and the universe, though they're not always aware of exactly what it is.

Alternatively you could say you're right, and that there's some subconcious goal that all life works towards, something that's common to all of us.

I'm not a philosopher, I'm not sure what I believe.